Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

+64
nonesuch
Kylo Rey
Night Huntress
cnunn
Forsythia
Man Without A Star
benorganasolo
Kyla Ren
DarthRen
Moonjump05
LadyHa
BenRey
MindAndMagic
IoJovi
Rimfaxe96
vaderito
Mana
rey09
Rei of Sunshine
Darth_Awakened
Moonlight13
Darth Rowan
Darth Dementor
MeadowofAshes
MrsWindu
Blood Moon
Blackcanary
Armadeus
Millicent the Cat
ReyofLightSide
kroi
panki
spacebaby45678
Piper Maru
Airemyn
SheLitAFire
Lily Snape
adamdrivershair
bashfulblueeyes3
Saracene
Irina de France
soulluos
Marie Ren
Reylo Lemon
ZioRen
kassadin
Kessel
Helix
SkyStar
Birdwoman
snufkin
Darth Dingbat
SoloSideCousin
Acritiqua
motherofpearl1
Xylo Ren
nemapasara
Cowgirlsamurai
EchoBase
BenOrgana
Kylo Men
SanghaRen
tukicarreno
ISeeAnIsland
68 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors Empty Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by Guest Thu 24 Aug 2017, 4:59 pm

Not sure what thread this belongs in but here's the first excerpt from Phasma... http://www.starwars.com/news/phasma-excerpt-first-order-captain-journey-begins

Back to top Go down

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors Empty Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by ISeeAnIsland Thu 24 Aug 2017, 5:21 pm

So here's the deal with the "unlocking" various characters on Force Friday, if you remember MSW talking about being able to unlock a "new important villain" on Force Friday:

http://www.starwars.com/findtheforce

To celebrate Force Friday II, fans can reveal new and favorite characters from Star Wars: The Last Jedi in augmented reality, and help the Resistance find information about key personnel:

1. Download the Star Wars app (for iPhone® and Android™) and launch the “Find The Force” feature.
2. Starting September 1, look for Star Wars graphics with the “Find The Force” logo at participating retail locations and websites. Click here for full list.
3. Scan these graphics using the “Find The Force” feature to reveal AR character experiences.
4. A data chip will be unlocked each time a new AR character experience is revealed. Unlock digital rewards as you collect more data chips!
5. Each graphic reveals a different AR character experience every day from September 1-3.

Try it now! Download the Star Wars app, launch “Find The Force” and scan the image below to unlock an AR character early:
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Aug 2017, 5:26 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:So here's the deal with the "unlocking" various characters on Force Friday, if you remember MSW talking about being able to unlock a "new important villain" on Force Friday:

To celebrate Force Friday II, fans can reveal new and favorite characters from Star Wars: The Last Jedi in augmented reality, and help the Resistance find information about key personnel:

1. Download the Star Wars app (for iPhone® and Android™) and launch the “Find The Force” feature.
2. Starting September 1, look for Star Wars graphics with the “Find The Force” logo at participating retail locations and websites. Click here for full list.
3. Scan these graphics using the “Find The Force” feature to reveal AR character experiences.
4. A data chip will be unlocked each time a new AR character experience is revealed. Unlock digital rewards as you collect more data chips!
5. Each graphic reveals a different AR character experience every day from September 1-3.

Try it now! Download the Star Wars app, launch “Find The Force” and scan the image below to unlock an AR character early:
@ISeeAnIsland

Someone posted an image of the Porgs on this feature. Cute! https://twitter.com/philszostak/status/900833089110265856

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Thu 24 Aug 2017, 5:28 pm

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:So here's the deal with the "unlocking" various characters on Force Friday, if you remember MSW talking about being able to unlock a "new important villain" on Force Friday:

@ISeeAnIsland

Someone posted an image of the Porgs on this feature. Cute! https://twitter.com/philszostak/status/900833089110265856
@Mrs Ben Solo

Adorable. Why they have to wake up poor sleepy Porg?!
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Thu 24 Aug 2017, 5:35 pm

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:

@ISeeAnIsland

@Mrs Ben Solo

Yup, I just downloaded the app. If you click the link I posted, there's a sample "find the force" logo that you can scan. Scanning that with the app gives you the Porgs.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Fri 25 Aug 2017, 4:28 pm

I can´t believe Force Friday is almost here! Wow. Very Happy
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Fri 25 Aug 2017, 5:17 pm

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:Not sure what thread this belongs in but here's the first excerpt from Phasma... http://www.starwars.com/news/phasma-excerpt-first-order-captain-journey-begins
@Mrs Ben Solo

Maybe this one:

http://reylo.skyforum.net/t170-general-discussion-canon-novels-comics-short-stories

So Brendol Hux seemingly recruited her. I wonder if there's going to be some interactions with Hux Junior. There did not seem to be any animosity between the 2 in TFA but who knows. I can't remember, did they mention a timing for the novel? How old is Phasma? Is Parnassos a new planet in the canon? Is it in the UR? Is Rae Sloane still alive? Obviously, another question is whether we'll also hear about Kylo or is the whole book set before he joins the FO? So many questions...
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Fri 25 Aug 2017, 5:20 pm

SanghaRen wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:Not sure what thread this belongs in but here's the first excerpt from Phasma... http://www.starwars.com/news/phasma-excerpt-first-order-captain-journey-begins
@Mrs Ben Solo

Maybe this one:

http://reylo.skyforum.net/t170-general-discussion-canon-novels-comics-short-stories

So Brendol Hux seemingly recruited her. I wonder if there's going to be some interactions with Hux Junior. There did not seem to be any animosity between the 2 in TFA but who knows. I can't remember, did they mention a timing for the novel? How old is Phasma? Is Parnassos a new planet in the canon? Is it in the UR? Is Rae Sloane still alive? Obviously, another question is whether we'll also hear about Kylo or is the whole book set before he joins the FO? So many questions...
@SanghaRen

Someone on another forum (I think it might have been someone either with connections to MSW or SWNN) made an off-hand comment about Phasma being one of the feral children in Empire's End. (I got the impression that he might have received an early copy of the book for review.) That could tie in with her being recruited by Brendol Hux.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 25 Aug 2017, 5:43 pm

Hux Jr was only 4 when he learned how to control feral children who were at least twice his age. That's going by his age difference with baby Ben. It's 4 years (Ben is 29 in TFA and Armitage 33).
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Aug 2017, 6:08 pm

SanghaRen wrote:
@Mrs Ben Solo

Maybe this one:

@SanghaRen

The Phasma novel and the Leia YA novel are out on Force Friday (1st September). I haven't seen any excerpts from Leia: Princess of Alderaan as yet. The cover for the Phasma novel is here https://twitter.com/delreystarwars/status/900823044331110400

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men Sat 26 Aug 2017, 12:08 am

[quote="vaderito"]
Darth_Awakened wrote:
I'm not giving up this theory until I see complete contradiction. Then I'll admit I was wrong.

If Luke goes for Snoke and Rey goes for Kylo, then why would Rey be fighting the guards?

Admittedly, that's not part of the actual spoiler. But you seem to connect it.

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men Sat 26 Aug 2017, 12:11 am

Mike Zeroh's theory is that we'll see a new trailer this coming week ahead of whatever Force Friday is. Whenever we do see one, we'll probably be able to stitch together whichever spoilers is right. So we could be sitting here in a week with a good idea of what's going to happen.

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by BenOrgana Sat 26 Aug 2017, 4:31 am

I'm not buying that crashing Destroyer "spoiler" at all. Aside from the "my mate Mike down the pub said this!" rubbish, which can always be dismissed, it doesn't fit with what we've seen from the BTS footage.

We know there's a scene between Rey and Leia on the surface of Crait, and a scene between Rey and Finn on Crait (where Rey has her bruise and Finn has lost this jacket, so it's after the actual "battle" with the speeders).

The better theory is that Kylo and Leia are in Snoke's throne room together, Kylo refused to kill Leia, Rey manages to rescue Leia (which is why both she and Kylo are fighting the Guards), but Kylo gets left behind with Snoke and his fate is uncertain. Rey is "going after him" because Leia asks her to do that at the end of the movie, but that's the story of Episode IX.

The publicity shot of Rose - new hair and outfit, sitting on the ramp of the Falcon - could be her preparing to bid farewell to Finn as he goes with Rey on the save-Kylo mission.

BenOrgana
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Sat 26 Aug 2017, 4:40 am

BenOrgana wrote:I'm not buying that crashing Destroyer "spoiler" at all. Aside from the "my mate Mike down the pub said this!" rubbish, which can always be dismissed, it doesn't fit with what we've seen from the BTS footage.

We know there's a scene between Rey and Leia on the surface of Crait, and a scene between Rey and Finn on Crait (where Rey has her bruise and Finn has lost this jacket, so it's after the actual "battle" with the speeders).

The better theory is that Kylo and Leia are in Snoke's throne room together, Kylo refused to kill Leia, Rey manages to rescue Leia (which is why both she and Kylo are fighting the Guards), but Kylo gets left behind with Snoke and his fate is uncertain. Rey is "going after him" because Leia asks her to do that at the end of the movie, but that's the story of Episode IX.

The publicity shot of Rose - new hair and outfit, sitting on the ramp of the Falcon - could be her preparing to bid farewell to Finn as he goes with Rey on the save-Kylo mission.
@BenOrgana

I love this and it sounds so much more plausible than all the other stuff I've read so far.
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BenOrgana Sat 26 Aug 2017, 4:54 am

It seems to fit more of the images we've had since the BTS reel. And it's a big shift for Kylo but one that feels organic and natural, and not something that's happening so quickly that the audience won't buy it. A lot of fan speculation is built on massive, sudden character reversals that just aren't credible.

That's my problem with the "Rey joins Snoke in TLJ!" theory. It sounds like something they'd throw in there to shock people, to go for the Big Twist, rather than a natural and organic development of her character. I don't think that's what Rian is doing here.

BenOrgana
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Sat 26 Aug 2017, 7:09 am

@BenOrgana

It makes sense that Leia would ask Rey to save or help Kylo since Luke's given up on him and Han failed to. And if Leia herself makes efforts in TLJ, then who else is there?
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nemapasara Sat 26 Aug 2017, 7:14 am

Maybe I'm alone in thinking this but I'd rather Leia not ask Rey to save Kylo. I mean, we already got her asking Han to save Kylo in TFA, we got Leia sending Rey to find Luke at the end of TFA, too. I'd rather not have that being re-hashed. Also, I want it to be Rey's choice if she does save Kylo, not something she's asked to do or feels obligated to do.
nemapasara
nemapasara
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Aug 2017, 7:31 am

nemapasara wrote:Maybe I'm alone in thinking this but I'd rather Leia not ask Rey to save Kylo. I mean, we already got her asking Han to save Kylo in TFA, we got Leia sending Rey to find Luke at the end of TFA, too. I'd rather not have that being re-hashed. Also, I want it to be Rey's choice if she does save Kylo, not something she's asked to do or feels obligated to do.
@nemapasara

Exactly.

I would be good with Leia telling Rey "do what you must" and leaving that choice up to her. It would be clear she still loves her son, and ideally wants him back. But, by not having her repeat that request, it acknowledges what happened to Han and the effect it has had on her.

If everyone except Rey has lost faith that the last Skywalker can be saved, it makes her choice to redeem him that much more meaningful. Saving Ben shouldn't be an errand delegated to Rey from one of the OT3, it should be a decision she makes that is personal for her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Sat 26 Aug 2017, 7:46 am

WhatGirl wrote:
nemapasara wrote:Maybe I'm alone in thinking this but I'd rather Leia not ask Rey to save Kylo. I mean, we already got her asking Han to save Kylo in TFA, we got Leia sending Rey to find Luke at the end of TFA, too. I'd rather not have that being re-hashed. Also, I want it to be Rey's choice if she does save Kylo, not something she's asked to do or feels obligated to do.
@nemapasara

Exactly.

I would be good with Leia telling Rey "do what you must" and leaving that choice up to her. It would be clear she still loves her son, and ideally wants him back. But, by not having her repeat that request, it acknowledges what happened to Han and the effect it has had on her.

If everyone except Rey has lost faith that the last Skywalker can be saved, it makes her choice to redeem him that much more meaningful. Saving Ben shouldn't be an errand delegated to Rey from one of the OT3, it should be a decision she makes that is personal for her.
@WhatGirl

I just don't know where the turning point for Rey is going to come from, though. Somehow her opinion of Kylo has to go from "Monstah" who killed her desired father figure to... in our hopes a love interest, and at the least, a person who deserves redemption. Seems like she might not be given that from Luke. I don't think she's going to hear about Kylo's difficult adolescence and forgive him for killing Han. Maybe... And I do think Kylo will be painted as a victim, but I think it also would make sense for her to get a push from Leia who wants to save her son. I can't see Leia saying "Do what you must," in regards to Kylo. At least, I wouldn't want her to say that Sad
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 26 Aug 2017, 8:15 am

BenOrgana wrote:I'm not buying that crashing Destroyer "spoiler" at all. Aside from the "my mate Mike down the pub said this!" rubbish, which can always be dismissed, it doesn't fit with what we've seen from the BTS footage.

@BenOrgana

It isn't a better theory because you aren't paying attention to costumes. Leia wears grey in the scene with Kylo which is before Crait. She wears brown in Crait scenes. So going by that, their meeting takes place earlier in the movie, likely between D'Qar battle and his trip to Ahch-to. Leia won't change into grey again to wear in the finale. So unless there's another Leia/Kylo scene in the finale, the one spotted in BTS ain't that.

Also, just because we see Crait a lot, it doesn't mean that Crait is the finale. Third act, yes, but the finale? They show us only what they want to show us and, so far, they don't want to show Luke out of Ahch-to, Kylo out of SSD/Silencer and DJ out of his ship. Breznican says in the interview for Steele Wars Podcast that LF wasn't comfortable sharing new images of DJ and there were some other images that they showed him but then didn't want to give him to publish. So he didn't get a lot of stuff that he was hoping to get. BTS images are what they consider low level spoilers (that Kylo/Leia slip, from the few seconds that they couldn't possibly imagine to hide a slip, aside) so if they think that Rey's reunion with the Resistance isn't a spoiler or a big one than it isn't. Which begs the question what is?

I'm not dismissing Darthmoonlight's spoiler until I hear something from reliable sources that contradict it. And right now nothing does.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Aug 2017, 8:47 am

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:I just don't know where the turning point for Rey is going to come from, though. Somehow her opinion of Kylo has to go from "Monstah" who killed her desired father figure to... in our hopes a love interest, and at the least, a person who deserves redemption.

Snoke's manipulation of Ben since the beginning will factor into it. What's important to note is that Daisy has never said that Rey hates Kylo - she just doesn't understand him. I think that indicates she may change her feelings once she learns more of his backstory.

I don't think she's going to hear about Kylo's difficult adolescence and forgive him for killing Han.

Rey is "very forgiving" according to Carrie Fisher, and besides, it was his own father that he killed, not hers. Yes she bonded with him during the hours that she knew him but that is not comparable to the actual father/son relationship Ben had with Han since his birth.

Also, Luke forgave Vader who ordered the killings of his aunt and uncle, tortured his friends, and cut off his hand. Rey was described by Kathleen Kennedy as the Luke Skywalker of this trilogy, which to me implies she will not hold a grudge forever.

Maybe... And I do think Kylo will be painted as a victim, but I think it also would make sense for her to get a push from Leia who wants to save her son. I can't see Leia saying "Do what you must," in regards to Kylo. At least, I wouldn't want her to say that Sad
@Cowgirlsamurai

Luke is going to tell Rey to kill Kylo, according to MSW spoilers. Leia has already lost her husband after she'd given him a push to save their son. She's not likely to repeat that with Rey. The main heroine's decisions will mean more if she makes them wholly on her own.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Sat 26 Aug 2017, 9:20 am

WhatGirl wrote:
Cowgirlsamurai wrote:I just don't know where the turning point for Rey is going to come from, though. Somehow her opinion of Kylo has to go from "Monstah" who killed her desired father figure to... in our hopes a love interest, and at the least, a person who deserves redemption.

Snoke's manipulation of Ben since the beginning will factor into it. What's important to note is that Daisy has never said that Rey hates Kylo - she just doesn't understand him. I think that indicates she may change her feelings once she learns more of his backstory.

I don't think she's going to hear about Kylo's difficult adolescence and forgive him for killing Han.

Rey is "very forgiving" according to Carrie Fisher, and besides, it was his own father that he killed, not hers. Yes she bonded with him during the hours that she knew him but that is not comparable to the actual father/son relationship Ben had with Han since his birth.

Maybe... And I do think Kylo will be painted as a victim, but I think it also would make sense for her to get a push from Leia who wants to save her son. I can't see Leia saying "Do what you must," in regards to Kylo. At least, I wouldn't want her to say that Sad
@Cowgirlsamurai

Luke is going to tell Rey to kill Kylo, according to MSW spoilers. Leia has already lost her husband after she'd given him a push to save their son. She's not likely to repeat that with Rey. The main heroine's decisions will mean more if she makes them wholly on her own.
@WhatGirl

Plus a force bond or force link could play a nice role in giving her the full story or past images and feelings to help her empathize with Kylo.

I agree Leia has "done enough" already with trying to save Kylo. I don't picture her sending Rey to "save" him because look how well that worked out last time? Does she really want that to happen again with Rey, more blood on her hands?

I feel like Leia is a resilient survivor. Deep down she will not give up on Kylo but on the outside, she is a general and has a war to run. She's not going to go about vocally expressing how not-evil her son is...it would turn her credibility to dirt and she'd lose a lot of support. That's what I think at least.

As the hero and main character, it will be up to Rey to make the world-upturned decision to reach out to Kylo.
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sat 26 Aug 2017, 9:49 am

Xylo Ren wrote:
WhatGirl wrote:

@Cowgirlsamurai

@WhatGirl

Plus a force bond or force link could play a nice role in giving her the full story or past images and feelings to help her empathize with Kylo.

I agree Leia has "done enough" already with trying to save Kylo. I don't picture her sending Rey to "save" him because look how well that worked out last time? Does she really want that to happen again with Rey, more blood on her hands?

I feel like Leia is a resilient survivor. Deep down she will not give up on Kylo but on the outside, she is a general and has a war to run. She's not going to go about vocally expressing how not-evil her son is...it would turn her credibility to dirt and she'd lose a lot of support. That's what I think at least.

As the hero and main character, it will be up to Rey to make the world-upturned decision to reach out to Kylo.
@Xylo Ren

Thank you for sharing my thoughts on Leia's character.
Because of Carrie's sad passing I think some people want to sanitise Leia; as a show of respect for the lady who played her. But I'm sure Carrie herself wouldn't want that. Leia is a hero but not without her faults - Carrie was nothing like Leia. Leia always struck me as someone who'd put the 'greater good' first, but she made a few exceptions - once when she chose to leave the Resistance and save the man she loved, again when she asked that same man to try and save him. And look what happened.

Your description of where Leia's state of mind is at the moment matches how I see it. Deep inside she still loves her son, but she is angry and hurt and Leia has never been the type to forgive easily. I suspect that is why they're pushing her friendship with Poe; she gave her son a chance and look what he did; Leia may very well think he's truly gone at the moment. And I still have that 'headcanon' or whatever of Rey being the only one on Kylo's side so to speak, at least at first. Poe and Finn have every reason to hate him. Luke and Leia have lost faith in him. The only one left is the young girl who has seen into his soul, and may very well have seen herself staring back at her.

Completely different subject....has anyone seen this from

http://the-reylo-void.tumblr.com/
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men Sat 26 Aug 2017, 10:54 am

I'm skeptical of it, too. But I don't mean to be entirely dismissive. I know that Vaderito has his/her heart set on it. And I don't mean to be mean when I question it.

I do think that the appearance of the Dreadnought, if it's indeed a platform for supporting ground forces, makes it a more likely scenario. Because then characters wouldn't have to leave Crait to get to the destroyer. But if it is in the atmosphere supporting the ground forces, then it wouldn't crash from space, as the spoiler states. But maybe the accuracy of its starting point was lost in the grapevine.

My biggest objection to the theory is that I feel very sure that Kylo and Rey are both fighting the guards. And I'm not sure how we could get to that scenario with "Luke goes for Snoke, Rey goes for Kylo." And how does Luke going for Snoke end up with Rey and Kylo in front of Snoke without Luke? But it seems like there's some sort of transitive property of different spoilers at work on that part. It's not actually stated, IIRC, in the Reddit spoiler.

Last edited by Kylo Men on Sat 26 Aug 2017, 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Sat 26 Aug 2017, 10:58 am

WhatGirl wrote:

Also, Luke forgave Vader who ordered the killings of his aunt and uncle, tortured his friends, and cut off his hand. Rey was described by Kathleen Kennedy as the Luke Skywalker of this trilogy, which to me implies she will not hold a grudge forever.

@Cowgirlsamurai

@WhatGirl

I could see it going either way (Leia asking Rey to help Kylo or not), but Leia saying, "Do what you must," in regards to her son would be the ultimate sad. It sounds like giving Rey permission to kill him, which General or not, I can't see her doing.

Also, Rey might be very forgiving, but the audience won't be. But it's certainly true that Star Wars has made some far fetched plot details "work" in the past, so you never know how Rian will get everyone on board with Kylo's redemption
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next