Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

+70
Gemini
reylo1992
shii405
CienaRee
RosiePancake
colibri
fuhry
MrsWindu
Piper Maru
AceofWands
Blood Moon
Marie Ren
benorganasolo
MindAndMagic
kroi
tukicarreno
MoonFyre
nite0wl29
Tex
Darth Rowan
Moonjump05
BenRey
krissy01
jakkusun
rey09
Anakin Skywalker
bashfulblueeyes3
Xylo Ren
Mana
DarthRen
Blackcanary
panki
Kessel
Airemyn
Geralt_Riv
SkyStar
Darth_Awakened
nemapasara
Reylo Lemon
Night Huntress
Irina de France
IoJovi
Rimfaxe96
FrolickingFizzgig
Helix
Armadeus
Acritiqua
Moonlight13
spacebaby45678
Lily Snape
Rei of Sunshine
MeadowofAshes
Kylo Men
SheLitAFire
ReyofLightSide
SoloSideCousin
Kyla Ren
Saracene
Cowgirlsamurai
ISeeAnIsland
Man Without A Star
snufkin
adamdrivershair
SanghaRen
motherofpearl1
Darth Dingbat
Birdwoman
Forsythia
vaderito
EchoBase
74 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 3 Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by snufkin Fri 15 Sep 2017, 1:13 pm

@spacebaby45678 and @motherofpearl1 - I think you guys are probably right that the best guess we can make (and maybe to answer @Kylo Men's up thread question) is that Luke will turn out to be like Ethan in The Searchers. Though the mental image of Leia trying to shoot her son, maybe from that BTS photo of her and Rey *if* Ben returns with her to Crait, damn that would be something. Other angle that sticks in my mind, the whole business that Luke supposedly treated Ben like he was The Chosen One and Solo Jr cracked like an over-stressed episode of Dance Moms. @panki pointed out awhile back that because we know from Bloodline that the family lineage of Dad=Vader was kept secret, people likely assumed that he was murdered in the big purge. So if the whole Chosen One prophecy which was the central part of the OT and PT and their family history was kept a big secret (that he did accomplish it, just in a scenario out of The Monkey's Paw), then why did Luke feel the need to continue it with Ben? Was it sincere or keeping things from a certain point of view and part of what went wrong?

The other idea I've seen mentioned about the overarching theme for the ST (one which Roger Ebert said he'd love to see for any follow ups to RotJ) is about the nature of the Force itself. Not necessarily the whole midichlorians business, but as this wild force of nature which is erupting after decades of being left fallow. Which they at least are hinting at with the business of an Awakening for both FS leads and maybe why Luke's withdrawn, to let it do what it will w/out interference. Or if it's like one of book I keep mentioning, Susanna Clarke's Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell, because there it's about two schools of magic (controlled/light versus dark/ancient) having to set aside differences and work together in the face of a larger, more sublime force. And Magic in that context is very much like the Force and pretty tightly aligned with Nature. It's at least fun to think about and we'll hopefully have some more concrete answers in less than 3 months (eek!).
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape Fri 15 Sep 2017, 9:04 pm

snufkin wrote:@Lily Snape - I've heard of people battling over Wikipedia entries, so maybe this shouldn't be surprising. Though calling it highly debated still seems ridiculous & given the comments in the past week by the next film's director, it's sounding less and less ambiguous.
@snufkin

I bet it's going back and forth so quickly that we can't keep up.  People seem to have a lot of time on their hands.  Smile
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia Fri 15 Sep 2017, 9:35 pm

The changes on the TV tropes article were definitely done by an anti, because the same person who deleted the section about the villainous crush due to "inaccuracy" also added that both Rey and Finn are force-sensitive, but Finn shows it first. Okay...
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Fri 15 Sep 2017, 9:50 pm

Forsythia wrote:The changes on the TV tropes article were definitely done by an anti, because the same person who deleted the section about the villainous crush due to "inaccuracy" also added that both Rey and Finn are force-sensitive, but Finn shows it first. Okay...
@Forsythia

That's hilarious! ROFL ROFL ROFL They must be really desperate... lol!
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia Fri 15 Sep 2017, 10:01 pm

Yes, I couldn't believe it when I read that. I corrected that one now because it was so ridiculous. I'm not sure if I should restore the other tropes because the antis will probably delete them again and I don't want to start an edit war.

Edit: And I have just seen that the reason given for the deletion of the villainous crush trope was "not today reylos" Rolling Eyes
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Acritiqua Fri 15 Sep 2017, 10:22 pm

It's so stupid. Of course villains can have crushes on the good girl/boy. I just haaate it to be honest. And I hate that people want to deny all the things between Kylo and Rey because they personally don't like it. We saw how he treated her differently than others. We saw that he was moved by her. It's simply reality and it ticks me off that some jerks want to edit what happened because they don't like it. And they are pathetic jerks.
Acritiqua
Acritiqua
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren Fri 15 Sep 2017, 10:35 pm

Forsythia wrote:Yes, I couldn't believe it when I read that. I corrected that one now because it was so ridiculous. I'm not sure if I should restore the other tropes because the antis will probably delete them again and I don't want to start an edit war.

Edit: And I have just seen that the reason given for the deletion of the villainous crush trope was "not today reylos" Rolling Eyes
@Forsythia

LOL the antis are running scared. Laughing  I think deep down they're really starting to fear that Reylo is going to become canon and they're starting to panic. Laughing  I love it! Laughing
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus Fri 15 Sep 2017, 11:33 pm

Forsythia wrote:The changes on the TV tropes article were definitely done by an anti, because the same person who deleted the section about the villainous crush due to "inaccuracy" also added that both Rey and Finn are force-sensitive, but Finn shows it first. Okay...
@Forsythia

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 3 Latest?cb=20150111225547
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://www.fictionpress.com/u/564105/

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix Fri 15 Sep 2017, 11:45 pm

When does Finn show he's force sensitive? Laughing
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Man Without A Star Sat 16 Sep 2017, 2:49 am

Helix wrote:When does Finn show he's force sensitive? Laughing
@Helix

They probably think about the moment when Finn looks up at the sky to see the Starkiller beam and we can hear the screams of people. They interpret it as if Finn heard the screams of Hosnian Prime citizens through the Force. Which is BS....Matthew Wood confirmed that the screams are from the folks at Maz's castle.

Antis are downright pathetic at this point....
Man Without A Star
Man Without A Star
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia Sat 16 Sep 2017, 5:33 am

They said it was in Finn's first scene, where he "panics after sensing the villagers' deaths". I have no idea how a normal reaction to death "shows" that he is force sensitive. But my favourite part is where they said that Finn showed his powers first - as if that made him more worthy than Rey Very Happy
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sat 16 Sep 2017, 6:52 am

The most transparent anti of all time. I would suggest editing it back, honestly. It wasn't changed for like 2 years and then all of a sudden someone got uber triggered by it, probably because they just came across it. I doubt the pages are edited that frequently, plus the hypocrisy of removing "Villainous Crush" from a young male villain who bridal carries, stares at and watches the heroine sleep in lieu of "fINn iS foRtH seNthItiVvvveeEE!11!11!!" is just LOLOLOLOL.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 Sat 16 Sep 2017, 9:46 am

Forsythia wrote:Edit: And I have just seen that the reason given for the deletion of the villainous crush trope was "not today reylos" Rolling Eyes
@Forsythia

Stuff like this makes reylo happening all the sweeter. I hope that same editor will edit it back after 8 or 9. Evil
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sat 16 Sep 2017, 10:19 am

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:The most transparent anti of all time. I would suggest editing it back, honestly. It wasn't changed for like 2 years and then all of a sudden someone got uber triggered by it, probably because they just came across it. I doubt the pages are edited that frequently, plus the hypocrisy of removing "Villainous Crush" from a young male villain who bridal carries, stares at and watches the heroine sleep in lieu of "fINn iS foRtH seNthItiVvvveeEE!11!11!!" is just LOLOLOLOL.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Actually ?I
Rimfaxe96 wrote:
Forsythia wrote:Edit: And I have just seen that the reason given for the deletion of the villainous crush trope was "not today reylos" Rolling Eyes
@Forsythia

Stuff like this makes reylo happening all the sweeter. I hope that same editor will edit it back after 8 or 9. Evil
@FrolickingFizzgig

Actually I've never had a problem with Finn being FS myself - as long as it isn't an excuse to kill off Rey and/or Kylo.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sat 16 Sep 2017, 10:22 am

Forsythia wrote:They said it was in Finn's first scene, where he "panics after sensing the villagers' deaths". I have no idea how a normal reaction to death "shows" that he is force sensitive. But my favourite part is where they said that Finn showed his powers first - as if that made him more worthy than Rey Very Happy
@Forsythia

Interesting how only the FS ones are seen as 'worthy'.....Finn has plenty of great qualities even without some sort of psychic gift.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Man Without A Star Sat 16 Sep 2017, 10:37 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:
Forsythia wrote:They said it was in Finn's first scene, where he "panics after sensing the villagers' deaths". I have no idea how a normal reaction to death "shows" that he is force sensitive. But my favourite part is where they said that Finn showed his powers first - as if that made him more worthy than Rey Very Happy
@Forsythia

Interesting how only the FS ones are seen as 'worthy'.....Finn has plenty of great qualities even without some sort of psychic gift.
@motherofpearl1

Exactly. Part of his appeal to me is that he is not Force sensitive.
Man Without A Star
Man Without A Star
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sat 16 Sep 2017, 10:58 am

Man Without A Star wrote:
motherofpearl1 wrote:
@Forsythia

@motherofpearl1

Exactly. Part of his appeal to me is that he is not Force sensitive.
@Man Without A Star

He's the 'Han Solo' of the ST.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Sat 16 Sep 2017, 11:01 am

I agree with you above ^ about Finn having a lot of value without being force sensitive.
But if Finn was/is force sensitive I guess I don't see how that would threaten or impact Reylo. Both can happen right? So I guess I don't see why that's a valid argument the antis are using.
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sat 16 Sep 2017, 11:09 am

SheLitAFire wrote:I agree with you above ^ about Finn having a lot of value without being force sensitive.
But if Finn was/is force sensitive I guess I don't see how that would threaten or impact Reylo. Both can happen right? So I guess I don't see why that's a valid argument the antis are using.
@SheLitAFire

I think it's because the 'antis' want someone 'pure' as the main character. Rey is damaged goods because she may very well fall for Kylo.
The idiots forget that there is no such thing as a pure SW character -all of them are shades of grey.
Which reflects real life very well.
I do not want to seem like a Bible basher here but a very wise man once said there's no such thing as a person without sin.
None of the SW characters - including the PT and OT - are perfect.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia Sat 16 Sep 2017, 11:48 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:Actually I've never had a problem with Finn being FS myself - as long as it isn't an excuse to kill off Rey and/or Kylo.
I wouldn't have a problem with Finn being Force sensitive either, but deleting the Villainous crush trope for "inaccuracy" and adding Finn being Force sensitive as a fact when it's not is just really hypocritical Very Happy I'm surprised they didn't that Rey is Luke's daughter (unless I missed that).
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 16 Sep 2017, 12:23 pm

Finn is not FS, lol, seriously. Why did TV Tropes allow that crap when it was debunked 1000 times over? I mena, if antis want him to be the third wheel to Rey and Kylo the Balancers of the Force, sure, whatever, but that's all he can be, the third wheel among FS, not the big deal like he is with the Resistance. I don't quite understand why they are so adamant to shoe-horn him into the storyline where he's given nothing to do but whatever.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sat 16 Sep 2017, 12:29 pm

Finn has his own quest, and as many here think, I suspect he'll be the one to rally the FO stormtroopers into making a stand against the organisation that stole and brainwashed them.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sat 16 Sep 2017, 12:34 pm

motherofpearl1 wrote:Finn has his own quest, and as many here think, I suspect he'll be the one to rally the FO stormtroopers into making a stand against the organisation that stole and brainwashed them.
@motherofpearl1

I don't understand why Finn has to be Force sensitive and end up with the heroine to be a compelling character in his own right. Luke Skywalker never got the girl (incest aside).  Han wasn't Force sensitive.  Yet both are iconic to the point where they are household names.  

As far as tvtropes is concerned - I agree.  Someone who edit it back to the way it was before. We'd be doing that anti a favor and saving them from embarrassment.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Sat 16 Sep 2017, 12:39 pm

IoJovi wrote:
motherofpearl1 wrote:Finn has his own quest, and as many here think, I suspect he'll be the one to rally the FO stormtroopers into making a stand against the organisation that stole and brainwashed them.
@motherofpearl1

I don't understand why Finn has to be Force sensitive and end up with the heroine to be a compelling character in his own right. Luke Skywalker never got the girl (incest aside).  Han wasn't Force sensitive.  Yet both are iconic to the point where they are household names.  

As far as tvtropes is concerned - I agree.  Someone who edit it back to the way it was before. We'd be doing that anti a favor and saving them from embarrassment.
@IoJovi

Honestly, it's not the first time I've seen something similar happening. I remember going on TV Tropes prior to seeing TFA and on Rey's character page, there was someone who had put that the end of the movie confirmed that Rey was Luke's daughter. Laughing
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sat 16 Sep 2017, 12:42 pm

Totally off topic but.....
Anyone else get a Han Solo/TFA vibe from this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPrvgNEntgA
DO NOT WATCH IF NOT SEEN GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next