Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS

+76
AceofWands
Darth_Awakened
ZioRen
Darth Rowan
Darth Dementor
SheLitAFire
SanghaRen
FrolickingFizzgig
IoJovi
nite0wl29
ISeeAnIsland
Tex
Moonjump05
Kylo Men
Darth Dingbat
Night Huntress
Reylo Lemon
MrsWindu
lauvamp
vaderito
Piper Maru
Kylo Rey
spacebaby45678
Cowgirlsamurai
Anakin Skywalker
DarthRen
rey09
SoloSideCousin
ReyofLightSide
LesCousinsDangereux
SkyStar
PalmettoBlue
Atenais
Helix
Maria26
liveinsummee
Lovely_Rose
colibri
MyOnlyHope
BenRey
bashfulblueeyes3
EchoBase
Lucina
BenSoloLives
special_cases
BigDeal2187
Armadeus
Moonlight13
RosiePancake
Blood Moon
Little_Boots
motherofpearl1
MoonFyre
tukicarreno
adamdrivershair
reylo1992
panki
DeeBee
Lily Snape
Saracene
Irina de France
Birdwoman
Kyla Ren
Rimfaxe96
Xylo Ren
Geralt_Riv
Mana
LadyHa
Kessel
Krafty
Rei of Sunshine
shii405
snufkin
MindAndMagic
fuhry
Forsythia
80 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS - Page 12 Empty Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Mon 30 Oct 2017, 5:24 pm

I'm a bit confused as to why Japanese trailer= international trailer. Japan got the same Last Jedi trailer everyone else did... They are promoting it with "C3PO's only shown in the Japanese version!" They do love the droids... Laughing I love you

Love a good heroine too. Rey's the biggest on the new poster ^^
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS - Page 12 Empty Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Mon 30 Oct 2017, 5:30 pm

ZioRen wrote:I can't help but laugh at the constant clarification that Luke is referring to Kylo Ren when he talks about the power that scares him. All I think of is the sheer number of people who insisted, and continue insisting, that Luke was referring to anybody, ANYBODY other than Kylo. As if Luke referring to someone like Palpatine adds ANYTHING to this particular story.

And really, it's all because Kylo got beaten by a girl. It never ceases to amaze me how this character raises some people's hackles and makes them put on blinders something fierce. In my opinion, that's the sign of a very successful character!
@ZioRen
LOL, wish I could like this post 10x.

It is because Kylo got beaten up by a girl. I saw a few conversations about it elsewhere and they all surrounded denying that Luke could be talking about Kylo because Kylo "didn't seem special" and "was too weak" and "got beat by Rey in the first movie of the trilogy". People try to pass off Snoke's dialogue as referring to Rey, too, because no way could Kylo have raw, untamed power. Not when he got slapped around by Rey (even though he had a blaster hole in his gut and was an emotional mess from grief and disgust in himself). They need it to be referring to ANYONE but Kylo.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue Mon 30 Oct 2017, 5:34 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
ZioRen wrote:I can't help but laugh at the constant clarification that Luke is referring to Kylo Ren when he talks about the power that scares him. All I think of is the sheer number of people who insisted, and continue insisting, that Luke was referring to anybody, ANYBODY other than Kylo. As if Luke referring to someone like Palpatine adds ANYTHING to this particular story.

And really, it's all because Kylo got beaten by a girl. It never ceases to amaze me how this character raises some people's hackles and makes them put on blinders something fierce. In my opinion, that's the sign of a very successful character!
@ZioRen

It is because Kylo got beaten up by a girl. I saw a few conversations about it elsewhere and they all surrounded denying that Luke could be talking about Kylo because Kylo "didn't seem special" and "was too weak" and "got beat by Rey in the first movie of the trilogy". People try to pass off Snoke's dialogue as referring to Rey, too, because no way could Kylo have raw, untamed power. Not when he got slapped around by Rey (even though he had a blaster hole in his gut and was an emotional mess from grief and disgust in himself). They need it to be referring to ANYONE but Kylo.
@FrolickingFizzgig

I wrote short meta about just this topic a few months ago. Totally agree.
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by adamdrivershair Mon 30 Oct 2017, 5:46 pm

I'm still hoping there is a longer international trailer to come - but I'm still rather giddy over this one. If you knew nothing about this movie, you would assume it's basically just the story of Rey and Kylo. Which is really exciting to me (and not just as a shipper).

Before they came out, my main fear with the trailers was that they would be very scattered, showing off half a dozen different plotlines, planets and new characters just for the sake of it, with no real connecting through-line. (That's been my fear about the movie as a whole - that there's going to be just too much going on.)

Instead, in every trailer, someone has been ruthless about cutting down this movie to its essentials, out of what I'm sure is an enormous number of moving parts. And what is left over is character driven and very dynamic. It's focused on the combustible chemistry of two very compelling main characters, as well as a third who's going to be the wild card of sorts. It's exactly what I wanted.
adamdrivershair
adamdrivershair
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Mon 30 Oct 2017, 5:49 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:

@ZioRen

@FrolickingFizzgig

You expect people to grasp the idea that untamed and uncontrollable power can't be accessed or controlled whenever the user wants it, exactly how they want it? You ask too much!
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue Mon 30 Oct 2017, 5:59 pm

This site is calling this the second teaser trailer - isn't it the one that's supposedly for the Japanese market?
http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/872833/Star-Wars-8-NEW-TV-trailer-2-Kylo-Ren-BURN-Force-Tree-Jedi-temple-Rey

Never mind. It's just the TV spot - Destiny.

Last edited by PalmettoBlue on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by Blood Moon Mon 30 Oct 2017, 6:00 pm

Ha it's just another Rey and Kylo fest this new trailer, with emphasis on the rawpower of those two. Are they spelling it out for the disbelievers!

Daisy's statement about "pay attention" says it all Smile
Blood Moon
Blood Moon
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 30 Oct 2017, 6:03 pm

@ZioRen

lol! lol! lol! cheers cheers cheers cheers

So true it's turning into a comedy. They released perfectly understandable trailer. But some people. Then LF took the understanding to the next level by literally showing Kylo while Luke is talking about raw strength. heck, not only that but Kylo's trashing his helmet with his raw strength. But some people. Now international trailer is driving the point that Luke is totally talking about Kylo. I can't wait for new spots, perhaps they release an actual quote where Luke says "I'm talking about my nephew, in case you thick heads still don't get it."
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia Mon 30 Oct 2017, 6:08 pm

vaderito wrote:

@ZioRen

So true it's turning into a comedy. They released perfectly understandable trailer. But some people. Then LF took the understanding to the next level by literally showing Kylo while Luke is talking about raw strength. heck, not only that but Kylo's trashing his helmet with his raw strength. But some people. Now international trailer is driving the point that Luke is totally talking about Kylo. I can't wait for new spots, perhaps they release an actual quote where Luke says "I'm talking about my nephew, in case you thick heads still don't get it."
Imagine LF putting together a trailer thinking: "This time, it will be obvious for everyone that Luke is talking about Kylo and that Rey and Kylo have a connection", then they are seeing trailer reactions of people who don't get it and they are shaking their heads. And imagine the same procedure happening for every trailer/clip they are making Very Happy
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Mon 30 Oct 2017, 6:09 pm

vaderito wrote:

@ZioRen

@vaderito

I'm dying imagining them inserting new dialogue in a totally different voice. "I've seen this raw strength only once before...IN MY NEPHEW, BEN SOLO. WHO IS KYLO REN. I'M TALKING ABOUT KYLO REN...It didn't scare me enough then. It does now."
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Anakin Skywalker Mon 30 Oct 2017, 6:10 pm

do you think these 2 scenes are same?
in first she is in cave but it's like there is fire near, and I think it's Luke's cave where is that sign on the floor, or maybe not a cave at all,
second (new) is tree cave, where luke says "jedi must end", so maybe she is talking to Kylo in first scene after all, because if these 2 aren't same scene is she talking to Luke same speech in 2 different scenes?

The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS - Page 12 23114947_1612737145414634_1313024306_n

The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS - Page 12 23112973_1612736055414743_261594555_o

and in that scene, which is different moment from previous  she is looking down at Kylos hand ??? Very Happy
The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS - Page 12 Tumblr_oymtwlMh3x1sadcalo1_540

Last edited by Anakin Skywalker on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 6:39 pm; edited 4 times in total
Anakin Skywalker
Anakin Skywalker
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Mon 30 Oct 2017, 6:13 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:

@ZioRen

@FrolickingFizzgig

I heard exactly the same comments from my relatives. And I was dismissed for two years by a lot of them for thinking that potentially Kylo's fate and power were at leastequally  important as - maybe even not more important than - Rey given his status. I was even called sexist by someone who couldn't bear the potentiality that maybe Rey's incredible Force ability could have a direct link with him. Or when I suggest that maybe Snoke had targeted Ben  for some specific reason, one of my friend told me: "Are you kidding me? Kylo Ren is so weak and unineresting! Snoke will throw him away to turn Rey to the DS!"

Really, I think J.J. did a great job in hiding the only Skywalker heir to the GA although he is the elephant in the forest. If his intention was to let the GA in the dark about how special he is to leave the big twist to Rian, he couldn't have done better than he did. Snoke had barely finished to talk about the "raw untamed power and beyond that something truly special" in the trailer that I was already jumping on my seat in halleluiah mood
The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS - Page 12 Raw10

Last edited by reylo1992 on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 30 Oct 2017, 6:14 pm

ZioRen wrote:

I'm dying imagining them inserting new dialogue in a totally different voice. "I've seen this raw strength only once before...IN MY NEPHEW, BEN SOLO. WHO IS KYLO REN. I'M TALKING ABOUT KYLO REN...It didn't scare me enough then. It does now."
@ZioRen

Luke should totally break the fourth wall during the inserted dialog!  lol!  lol!  lol!

@FrolickingFizzgig Ah, the blaster hole. Chewie's bowcaster was throwing people in the air like rug dolls but "weak sauce" Kylo stood his ground and fought 2 people despite the bleeding hole. So weak, eh?
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonjump05 Mon 30 Oct 2017, 7:09 pm

So...Rey asks for help from Luke in cave and Luke responds with the Jedi need to end? Looks like same cave same time of day. Rey could be asking Luke for help, he walks around her to cave opening and says the Jedi need to end and leaves her alone.
Moonjump05
Moonjump05
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Mon 30 Oct 2017, 7:20 pm

Moonjump05 wrote:So...Rey asks for help from Luke in cave and Luke responds with the Jedi need to end? Looks like same cave same time of day. Rey could be asking Luke for help, he walks around her to cave opening and says the Jedi need to end and leaves her alone.
@Moonjump05

I think that's exactly what's happening. The light looks the same in the new Rey clip as the light in the Luke "Jedi must end" clip.

Anakin Skywalker wrote:do you think these 2 scenes are same?
in first she is in cave but it's like there is fire near, and I think it's Luke's cave where is that sign on the floor, or maybe not a cave at all,
second (new) is tree cave, where luke says "jedi must end", so maybe she is talking to Kylo in first scene after all, because if these 2 aren't same scene is she talking to Luke same speech in 2 different scenes?

The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS - Page 12 23114947_1612737145414634_1313024306_n

The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS - Page 12 23112973_1612736055414743_261594555_o

and in that scene, which is different moment from previous  she is looking down at Kylos hand ??? Very Happy
The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS - Page 12 Tumblr_oymtwlMh3x1sadcalo1_540
@Anakin Skywalker

Rey actually looks poignantly surprised and then very hopeful when she looks up from his hand. Beautiful shot.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Mon 30 Oct 2017, 7:26 pm

vaderito wrote:
ZioRen wrote:

@ZioRen

Luke should totally break the fourth wall during the inserted dialog!  lol!  lol!  lol!

@FrolickingFizzgig Ah, the blaster hole. Chewie's bowcaster was throwing people in the air like rug dolls but "weak sauce" Kylo stood his ground and fought 2 people despite the bleeding hole. So weak, eh?
@vaderito

And not that J.J. didn't emphasize several time how that thing was powerful by having Han making comment about it, hmm? Wink
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 30 Oct 2017, 7:29 pm

One of theories is that Rey is sitting by this campfire when she says the "I need someone" line:

The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS - Page 12 81b0de701f93c493ffc472425d71875143e91197_hq

I can't find the screen cap of the campfire in BTS 2 but there was an image of Luke on the set so I guess Rey and Luke join Chewie and then Rey tells Luke that she needs someone.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Mon 30 Oct 2017, 7:30 pm

reylo1992 wrote:
vaderito wrote:
ZioRen wrote:

@ZioRen

@vaderito

And not that J.J. didn't emphasize several time how that thing was powerful by having Han making comment about it, hmm? Wink
@reylo1992

There's also the fact that Kylo never intended to hurt Rey at all, nevermind kill her.  He had her at that cliffside.  All he needed to do was push.  Instead he gave her the force, and watched her take it in like a guy in awe.  He left himself completely vulnerable.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Mon 30 Oct 2017, 7:34 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
reylo1992 wrote:
vaderito wrote:
ZioRen wrote:

@ZioRen

@vaderito

@reylo1992

There's also the fact that Kylo never intended to hurt Rey at all, nevermind kill her.  He had her at that cliffside.  All he needed to do was push.  Instead he gave her the force, and watched her take it in like a guy in awe.  He left himself completely vulnerable.
@SoloSideCousin

Yep And whatever happened exactly during the "finding the Force moment" (hope we get an answer in TLJ), the raw power made the rest.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Mon 30 Oct 2017, 9:13 pm

An awesome breakdown of the TLJ trailer:
https://reyloisblessed.tumblr.com/post/166963728912/cinematography-trailer-break-down-of-the-last-jedi

Especially interesting:

1) Kylo on Crait (that has been bothering us since the trailer came out)...

Not going to lie, this is probably one of my favorite shots in the trailer. Again, Rian is pulling from the Prequal Trilogy (PT).

It is a “God’s eye” shot. These are aerial shots captured from almost directly overhead a subject, putting the audience in a God-like position of omniscience.

Anakin is entering the Jedi temple to destroy all inside it. We see the light from the temple shining towards his face, casting a shadow behind him and the Stormtroopers who are following his lead. It is easy to see what George Lucas was trying to convey in this shot. Anakin is marching out of the darkness into the light to destroy it.

When we look closely at Kylo’s shot, it is almost exact the same way, in movement and character placement. However, the lighting is opposite.  Kylo’s shadow is cast in front of him. Which means he has the light at his back. One could consider that maybe Kylo is marching from the light, into the darkness to destroy it.

2) Rey and Luke

Rey is shown on the left side of the frame rising from… sitting, or pulling herself from the ground? It is unknown why she begins to stand because it is not a continuation of the previous scene. Rey’s clothes and hair are dry. She does not look like she is emerging from the water as the trailer may make you want to believe. This isn’t a misdirect as much as it finds a scene that cuts well from that one. Luke is centered in the frame but is shrouded in near darkness and fog. The only light we have is the blue light to the top left and a small amount of red from an unknown source at the bottom center, that also casts a hint of red light on to Rey’s torso. It appears that they are standing in the rubble. Furthermore, the tilt of the camera is up towards Luke making us and perhaps Rey inferior to him at that moment. The camera does not move with Rey when she stands. Are we looking from someone else’s point of view?  Idea

3) The hand offer

The shot heard round the world. I did a whole post on the last two shots of this trailer (well three if you count his hand.) But I’ll go over it again here. Aside from this being a close-up (so we can see his pleading eyes, his chest heaving because he’s breathless from fighting or something), Kylo is illuminated by both the dark and the light. Which honestly isn’t a surprise until you look at which side of his face is lit. In both the TFA and this trailer Kylo’s unscarred side of his face has always always been in the darkness, always.  

There is no accident in cinematography nor lighting, especially with Star Wars. JJ Abrams himself stated they worked very hard to get the lighting just right in both the interrogation scene and the bridge. The light side of Kylo’s face has switched. This is significant because it is opposite of Rey’s in the previous shot. This is the third act of the film because his scar is nearly healed (no space Band-Aid.)

Thoughts Question
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Mon 30 Oct 2017, 9:57 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
reylo1992 wrote:
vaderito wrote:
ZioRen wrote:

@ZioRen

@vaderito

@reylo1992

@SoloSideCousin

I still can't believe how people are dismissing Kylo's power. I remember when I watched TFA how everybody at the theater was astounded with him paralyzing the blaster shot. And now they really think he is that unimportant...? It's so frustrating. No
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Kylo Men Mon 30 Oct 2017, 11:52 pm

DarthRen wrote:They're really hiding Rose. Are her scenes that spoilery or just messed up work by LF department? They showed her with DJ and Finn in FO officers uniforms and also other few things in BTS footage.
@DarthRen

Maybe she sucks.

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men Mon 30 Oct 2017, 11:55 pm

The thing is, I could maybe see them doing misdirection in the trailer. I seriously doubt it. But it's plausible.

But I can't see them doing it over and over and over again in trailers, ads, international trailers, etc.

And I can't see them dropping the real plot of the movie from all marketing to do the former.

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Tue 31 Oct 2017, 5:10 am

reylo1992 wrote:An awesome breakdown of the TLJ trailer:
https://reyloisblessed.tumblr.com/post/166963728912/cinematography-trailer-break-down-of-the-last-jedi

Especially interesting:

1) Kylo on Crait (that has been bothering us since the trailer came out)...

Not going to lie, this is probably one of my favorite shots in the trailer. Again, Rian is pulling from the Prequal Trilogy (PT).

It is a “God’s eye” shot. These are aerial shots captured from almost directly overhead a subject, putting the audience in a God-like position of omniscience.

Anakin is entering the Jedi temple to destroy all inside it. We see the light from the temple shining towards his face, casting a shadow behind him and the Stormtroopers who are following his lead. It is easy to see what George Lucas was trying to convey in this shot. Anakin is marching out of the darkness into the light to destroy it.

When we look closely at Kylo’s shot, it is almost exact the same way, in movement and character placement. However, the lighting is opposite.  Kylo’s shadow is cast in front of him. Which means he has the light at his back. One could consider that maybe Kylo is marching from the light, into the darkness to destroy it.

2) Rey and Luke

Rey is shown on the left side of the frame rising from… sitting, or pulling herself from the ground? It is unknown why she begins to stand because it is not a continuation of the previous scene. Rey’s clothes and hair are dry. She does not look like she is emerging from the water as the trailer may make you want to believe. This isn’t a misdirect as much as it finds a scene that cuts well from that one. Luke is centered in the frame but is shrouded in near darkness and fog. The only light we have is the blue light to the top left and a small amount of red from an unknown source at the bottom center, that also casts a hint of red light on to Rey’s torso. It appears that they are standing in the rubble. Furthermore, the tilt of the camera is up towards Luke making us and perhaps Rey inferior to him at that moment. The camera does not move with Rey when she stands. Are we looking from someone else’s point of view?  Idea

3) The hand offer

The shot heard round the world. I did a whole post on the last two shots of this trailer (well three if you count his hand.) But I’ll go over it again here. Aside from this being a close-up (so we can see his pleading eyes, his chest heaving because he’s breathless from fighting or something), Kylo is illuminated by both the dark and the light. Which honestly isn’t a surprise until you look at which side of his face is lit. In both the TFA and this trailer Kylo’s unscarred side of his face has always always been in the darkness, always.  

There is no accident in cinematography nor lighting, especially with Star Wars. JJ Abrams himself stated they worked very hard to get the lighting just right in both the interrogation scene and the bridge. The light side of Kylo’s face has switched. This is significant because it is opposite of Rey’s in the previous shot. This is the third act of the film because his scar is nearly healed (no space Band-Aid.)

Thoughts Question
@reylo1992

Thanks for the link - I thoroughly enjoyed reading all of that. There were lots of visual aspects I had never considered, especially were lighting is concerned. I re-watched the trailer with these points in mind and it definitely increased my understanding. BTW I saw the trailer on a huge screen last week and it was super, that Kylo and Leia moments were intense - I was in tears again!
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next