Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TLJ Press Tour (No Premiere/Screening Spoilers Allowed)

+66
californiagirl
KnightsofReylo_2015
Darth Dingbat
SanghaRen
adamdrivershair
Piper Maru
Gemlake
Moonlight13
Lovely_Rose
Xylo Ren
rawpowah
Lucina
Armadeus
Starliteprism
Anakin Skywalker
Kylo Men
nite0wl29
MindAndMagic
Lily Snape
RosiePancake
BenRey
Maria26
FrolickingFizzgig
LesCousinsDangereux
Geralt_Riv
Darth_marshmallow
Cowgirlsamurai
Casper
benorganasolo
SkyStar
panki
jakkusun
spacebaby45678
PalmettoBlue
Atenais
CienaRee
Irina de France
Reylo Lemon
ISeeAnIsland
snufkin
tukicarreno
Darth Rowan
SheLitAFire
liveinsummee
Rei of Sunshine
IoJovi
rey09
shii405
Night Huntress
EchoBase
reylo1992
nemapasara
bashfulblueeyes3
soulluos
Kylo Rey
Saracene
DarthRen
Kessel
SoloSideCousin
MrsWindu
vaderito
ZioRen
LadyHa
MyOnlyHope
Birdwoman
Darth_Awakened
70 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

TLJ Press Tour (No Premiere/Screening Spoilers Allowed) - Page 22 Empty Re: TLJ Press Tour (No Premiere/Screening Spoilers Allowed)

Post by Kylo Rey Sun 03 Dec 2017, 1:44 pm

I know that the cast wouldn't criticise the film obviously, but I'm getting the sense that they really loved it and were seriously blown away by it after watching it the other day. They keep bringing up how much they loved it and emphasising how shocked they were and how emotional it was too. I don't remember TFA getting this kind of praise before it came out.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

TLJ Press Tour (No Premiere/Screening Spoilers Allowed) - Page 22 Empty Re: TLJ Press Tour (No Premiere/Screening Spoilers Allowed)

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sun 03 Dec 2017, 1:51 pm

Here's Daisy's quote on how Rey is feeling about Han. She got kind of flustered, I guess because it's something she hasn't talked about yet and wasn't sure she even could, but overall she said some great stuff:
"I will interject there, and I think the beauty of having storylines that are sort of happening in tandem and affecting each other. Because I would say that Rey at least is very much affected by it, and I think in that... Rey is a character who has been alone for a really long time. And she's really open to love and friendship. And Finn and BB-8 come along and it's like this amazing adventure, and Han, without trying to, she seeks something from him because there's an intimacy. And there's a sort of figure of something she's never dreamed of that get snatched away. And she's understanding... everything is new to her so she's understanding things in a different way. And Rey's trying to get to grips with everything that's going on, so for Rey at least there is some time. Everything's moving forward but she has some time to ask questions and wonder what it is that would have led someone to do something like that. And also how that directly affects the world around her."
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MindAndMagic Sun 03 Dec 2017, 2:29 pm

I don't think we've posted this awesome quote by Daisy? Kudos to Sleemo for transcribing it. Smile

“I think you really follow the story because you’re with every character. Everything you need to see is happening on-screen […] so people are asking questions on-screen, they’re getting answers on-screen, they’re having their adventure on-screen. So you’re with everyone every step of the way.

And I think it makes for compassionate viewing because you’re really understanding both sides—why people are doing the things they’re doing […] and the consequences of people’s actions and how they’re directly affecting other people.”

— Daisy Ridley on the narrative of The Last Jedi at the global press conference

https://sleemo.tumblr.com
MindAndMagic
MindAndMagic
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Sun 03 Dec 2017, 2:31 pm

MindAndMagic wrote:I don't think we've posted this awesome quote by Daisy? Kudos to Sleemo for transcribing it. Smile

“I think you really follow the story because you’re with every character. Everything you need to see is happening on-screen […] so people are asking questions on-screen, they’re getting answers on-screen, they’re having their adventure on-screen. So you’re with everyone every step of the way.

And I think it makes for compassionate viewing because you’re really understanding both sides—why people are doing the things they’re doing […] and the consequences of people’s actions and how they’re directly affecting other people.”

— Daisy Ridley on the narrative of The Last Jedi at the global press conference

https://sleemo.tumblr.com
@MindAndMagic

If that means TLJ won't end up having me arguing for two years about what I saw in a movie, I'm just gonna say THANK THE LORD.
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MindAndMagic Sun 03 Dec 2017, 2:50 pm

TFA:
TLJ Press Tour (No Premiere/Screening Spoilers Allowed) - Page 22 Cfsqv910
TLJ Press Tour (No Premiere/Screening Spoilers Allowed) - Page 22 Tumblr17
TLJ:
TLJ Press Tour (No Premiere/Screening Spoilers Allowed) - Page 22 Dqjiy410
TLJ Press Tour (No Premiere/Screening Spoilers Allowed) - Page 22 Tumblr18

Last edited by MindAndMagic on Sun 03 Dec 2017, 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
MindAndMagic
MindAndMagic
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sun 03 Dec 2017, 2:52 pm

Any Gate from the conference yet?
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sun 03 Dec 2017, 3:03 pm

vaderito wrote:Any Gate from the conference yet?
@vaderito
I watched it live. 45 minutes total. There was nothing gate-worthy, just a lot of great quotes from everybody. They went on a few tangents about female characters in SW, Kelly had great things to say about Carrie and the whole process, Andy Serkis was really charming and Gwendoline Christie and Laura Dern have really strong concepts of the messages in the franchise.

Adam was so nervous it killed me (and his mic was messed up or something because it was hard to understand him at times), but Daisy, Oscar and Rian helped him along. Seating arrangements don't really matter, but I noticed they had Rian, Mark, Adam and Daisy at the far left with the First Order gang on the far right and the Resistance cast in the middle.

The only "gate"-worthy thing that's causing a bit of drama on Tumblr is John debunking Rey Kenobi.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by nite0wl29 Sun 03 Dec 2017, 3:17 pm

I love that they keep emphasizing how this movie is NOT gonna be like the original trilogy. I think they need to speak a little louder for the Reywalkers still looming around
nite0wl29
nite0wl29
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

http://nite0wl29.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Sun 03 Dec 2017, 3:46 pm

I tried to listen as best I could but the sound ( and my hearing ) was not the best. They kept emphasising how it was an intimate almost indy movie making experience although with big budget. Laura mentioned seeing the film for the first time with all of them ( apart from Domhnall Glesson ?) and they were screaming, standing up and crying.

Someone asked if they would see Ewoks in this movie - Rian replied its depends what drugs you've taken before you go in.

Daisy '...you really follow the story because you're with every character, everything you need to see is happening on screen,you're not seeing things that have happened off screen, so people are asking questions on screen and they're getting answers on screen, you're with everyone every step of the way while the story's unfolding , and it makes for COMPASSIONATE viewing, so you're understanding both sides, why people are doing what they are doing...and how things collide and consequences of peoples action's and how they directly affect other people...'
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Sun 03 Dec 2017, 3:50 pm

I not sure what they could do to get the hardcore Reywalkers to accept Luke is no longer the focus. I was just reading on Reddit about Mark's statement that the focus is on Rey and Kylo now. For the hard core fans that is not going over to well....

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Sun 03 Dec 2017, 5:03 pm

BTS shots from the press conference (from RJ's instagram):

Adam, sweetie, what are you doing?  ROFL

TLJ Press Tour (No Premiere/Screening Spoilers Allowed) - Page 22 Img_0045

Oscar, Domhnall, Adam = Besties
TLJ Press Tour (No Premiere/Screening Spoilers Allowed) - Page 22 Img_0042

TLJ Press Tour (No Premiere/Screening Spoilers Allowed) - Page 22 Img_0043

TLJ Press Tour (No Premiere/Screening Spoilers Allowed) - Page 22 Img_0044
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Sun 03 Dec 2017, 5:05 pm

MrsWindu wrote:I tried to listen as best I could but the sound ( and my hearing ) was not the best. They kept emphasising how it was an intimate almost indy movie making experience although with big budget. Laura mentioned seeing the film for the first time with all of them ( apart from Domhnall  Glesson ?) and they were screaming, standing up and crying.

Someone asked if they would see Ewoks in this movie - Rian replied its depends what drugs you've taken before you go in.

Daisy '...you really follow the story because you're with every character, everything you need to see is happening on screen,you're not seeing things that have happened off screen, so people are asking questions on screen and they're getting answers on screen, you're with everyone every step of the way while the story's unfolding , and it makes for COMPASSIONATE viewing, so you're understanding both sides, why people are doing what they are doing...and how things collide and consequences of peoples action's and how they directly affect other people...'
@MrsWindu

This is a little weird...one of the reference books leading upto TLJ hints Rey interacting with Ewoks at some point....unless we'll see it in episode 9?

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Sun 03 Dec 2017, 5:41 pm

Daisy had a gorgeous dress at the press conference. I mean amazing. Thumbs up
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Sun 03 Dec 2017, 5:53 pm

DarthRen wrote:Daisy had a gorgeous dress at the press conference. I mean amazing. Thumbs up
@DarthRen

I think it’s my favorite thing I’ve ever seen her wear! I love you KMT’s have all been amazing too! Love all the red, black, and white going on.
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan Sun 03 Dec 2017, 6:09 pm

nite0wl29 wrote:I love that they keep emphasizing how this movie is NOT gonna be like the original trilogy. I think they need to speak a little louder for the Reywalkers still looming around
@nite0wl29

Around 5:10 Daisy mentions that because everyone loved Finn and Rey in TFA, initially she was worried about "not being a team so much this time" with Finn but rather "being in different combinations of people". Then she says she is "getting to know people and meeting them...for the first time" and as she said this she gestured towards Mark Hamill, who was sitting next to her. It doesn't get clearer than that - she ain't Luke's kid, Reywalkers.

TLJ Press Tour (No Premiere/Screening Spoilers Allowed) - Page 22 Giphy
Darth Rowan
Darth Rowan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue Sun 03 Dec 2017, 6:29 pm

Darth Rowan wrote:
nite0wl29 wrote:I love that they keep emphasizing how this movie is NOT gonna be like the original trilogy. I think they need to speak a little louder for the Reywalkers still looming around
@nite0wl29

Around 5:10 Daisy mentions that because everyone loved Finn and Rey in TFA, initially she was worried about "not being a team so much this time" with Finn but rather "being in different combinations of people". Then she says she is "getting to know people and meeting them...for the first time" and as she said this she gestured towards Mark Hamill, who was sitting next to her. It doesn't get clearer than that - she ain't Luke's kid, Reywalkers.

TLJ Press Tour (No Premiere/Screening Spoilers Allowed) - Page 22 Giphy
@Darth Rowan

Reywalker: That just means that he got someone pregnant and left her, alone to handle the pregnancy. Don't you see? He didn't KNOW! And her mother left her on Jakku to protect her from the remnants of the Empire with Unkkar Plutt because she couldn't tell he was creepy AF. And she was super-desperate. Or something. It's obvious...

I've actually been told that by a friend of mine. He thought my Reylo theory was too convoluted. And that Kylo is going to become a more mature, complete villain. Shocked scratch Shocked
Bless his cotton socks.
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Sun 03 Dec 2017, 6:32 pm

I think Domhnall and Adam elicited the biggest laughs from the cast and the audience. Andy Serkis was pretty funny too. Laura Dern couldn't stop gushing about Rian XD. And Daisy seems pretty happy with whatever Rian wrote for her character; she doesn't seem to have any qualms with Reylo (if that is the direction they went with).
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by shii405 Sun 03 Dec 2017, 6:41 pm

Kylo Rey wrote:And Daisy seems pretty happy with whatever Rian wrote for her character; she doesn't seem to have any qualms with Reylo (if that is the direction they went with).
@Kylo Rey

Uhh... after Daisy's "Kylo and Rey's relationship is awesome" and "I would play Kylo Ren bcos Adam made it a cool part" 
Are we still not convinced Daisy is a Reylo?
shii405
shii405
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Sun 03 Dec 2017, 6:42 pm

shii405 wrote:
Kylo Rey wrote:And Daisy seems pretty happy with whatever Rian wrote for her character; she doesn't seem to have any qualms with Reylo (if that is the direction they went with).
@Kylo Rey

Uhh... after Daisy's "Kylo and Rey's relationship is awesome" and "I would play Kylo Ren bcos Adam made it a cool part" 
@shii405

Oh, I'm convinced. Just more proof for the antis who are in denial.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Sun 03 Dec 2017, 6:54 pm

Just now catching up here in the forum and watching the conference (was busy all afternoon). Too bad it's not an official recording, the poor visual & auditory quality is annoying. The zooming and blurring is giving me a headache lol

When everyone booed at Domhnall (Hux) lol Dunno awwww

Love Daisy's, Adam's, and Domhnall's quotes at the beginning

I love how scrunched together they are on one side of the couch (Rian, Mark, Daisy, Adam) and so much more comfortable room between them on the other side (Andy, Domhnall, Gwen, Laura) lol

I've always trusted Rian, idk why I did so much for the last 2 years, even before we got footage, I'm not as familiar with his other films. I just had a gut feeling he'd do something spectacular. I'm actually REALLY sad he's not coming back for episode IX.

"what will we be learning walking away from this movie?"
Adam: "Probably for some, it will be nothing" ROFL

I'm really glad Andy Serkis has been included in the press tour this time around

"Snokesplaining" lmao!!!

love what Daisy said about Carrie & Billie, beautiful tribute to both of them

also, thank you @Kylo Rey for posting those bts photos!
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Sun 03 Dec 2017, 8:22 pm

shii405 wrote:
@Kylo Rey

@shii405 They are just gonna stay platonic besties duhh. Rian said no romance!!  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Sun 03 Dec 2017, 8:40 pm

shii405 wrote:
@Kylo Rey

@shii405

I love how Daisy talks about Kylo. Seriously, if he was meant to be fully evil and he and Rey were just meant to be enemies or something ridiculous like Harry and Voldemort (which is how some antis try to rationale their connection), I don't think Daisy would be saying things like their relationship is awesome or that she'd play Kylo if she had to choose another character to play.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Sun 03 Dec 2017, 9:36 pm

shii405 wrote:
@Kylo Rey

@shii405

I wish she would say those quotes live in a press conference instead of a magazine interview so that journalists would get it already!

Also, it´s still frustrating that no one asks Adam & Daisy directly about Kylo and Rey´s relationship in the movie.
Not even after the trailer! Are those questions off limits or what´s going on?
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee Sun 03 Dec 2017, 9:56 pm

tukicarreno wrote:
shii405 wrote:
@Kylo Rey

@shii405

I wish she would say those quotes live in a press conference instead of a magazine interview so that journalists would get it already!

Also, it´s still frustrating that no one asks Adam & Daisy directly about Kylo and Rey´s relationship in the movie.
Not even after the trailer! Are those questions off limits or what´s going on?
@tukicarreno

Yeah,it's really annoying that we get more info in magazine interviews than video ones which is why I'm more interested in hearing them talk about the characters/story lines after the movie's released.At least then we'll hear new stuff instead of the same old,repetitive ones.

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Sun 03 Dec 2017, 10:01 pm

Yeah,it's really annoying that we get more info in magazine interviews than video ones which is why I'm more interested in hearing them talk about the characters/story lines after the movie's released.At least then we'll hear new stuff instead of the same old,repetitive ones.

@CienaRee

I know! Sigh...
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next