Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 8

+50
MyOnlyHope
creepi0
Lily Snape
teltaru
nonesuch
jakkusun
soulluos
BastilaBey
Sylvia Snow
CienaRee
Search Your Feelings
Macha Ren
motherofpearl1
ladyconsular
ZioRen
Rimfaxe96
ISeeAnIsland
snufkin
FrolickingFizzgig
Gemini
Darth Dingbat
IoJovi
panki
Helix
Reylo Lemon
Birdwoman
Xylo Ren
vaderito
Darth_Awakened
spacebaby45678
Saracene
Armadeus
Little_Boots
Jakku
Kyla Ren
ReyofLightSide
Kessel
Slade
SanghaRen
MissG
Krafty
rey09
EchoBase
SoloSideCousin
BenRey
Mana
MeadowofAshes
MindAndMagic
Irina de France
LadyHa
54 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 8 Empty ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 8

Post by LadyHa Sun 17 Jul 2016, 4:54 pm

vaderito wrote:
Darth_Awakened wrote:

Maybe it will sound a bit pretentious now but I am quite sure they have got something to hide actually.
And everything we heard so far (and seen during the filming in Ireland) leads IMO to some big plot twist in PLOT A (Anch-To).
Kylo Ren on Anch To is a surprise because many of us did not expect that before the first rumors and then the confirmation of it came.
I am like 100% sure that GA does even not dream about it.
For that revelation was THE moment when I became sure of many thing we have been speaking about from the day 1.
Kylo s and Rey s stories will be connected this way or another.

Along with that I am like 100% sure that Rey is not Sky-Rey and that Finn and KMT character will be romantically involved with each other.

Though I have some doubts still about Reylo direction (I wish a passionate kiss as pretty much everyone over here - however let s say I am keeping some reserves on that subject. We ll see.
@Darth_Awakened

What Rey and Kylo are in the grand scene of things is much bigger than romance. Any 2 characters can have a romance but they cannot have what Rey and Kylo are destined for. Kylo is coming to Ahch-to because that's "where the Jedi began". It isn't Dagobar 2.0 aka just some secluded training site. It's where Jedi began. Most important planet in the universe. The origin. The creation. That's why there have to be Rey and Kylo, not just one of them. All stories about the beginning have a young woman and a young man. And a big tree. 

So, yeah, Rey and Kylo are larger than romance, larger than life. People are going to be surprised how big their roles are in the grand scheme of things (which is all 9 movies not just this trilogy).
@vaderito

I really like this sentiment- it's not just any old romance; it's something much more epic.

I want to participate in the Movie Club!  Some of them are on Hulu, so I have them queued up!
LadyHa
LadyHa
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 8 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 8

Post by Irina de France Sun 17 Jul 2016, 4:55 pm

@vaderito Ask, and thou shalt receive.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 8 17jt2bvia Imgflip Meme Generator

Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 8 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 8

Post by Reylo Lemon Sun 17 Jul 2016, 4:58 pm

Irina de France wrote:@vaderito Ask, and thou shalt receive.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 8 17jt2bvia Imgflip Meme Generator

@Irina de France

AHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHA
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 17 Jul 2016, 4:58 pm

Just imagine this picture is of a Jedi temple instead of an IKEA, it's actually a thing psychologists have studied!

Why Ikea causes so much relationship tension -- The stylish, idealized home in the store’s showroom “literally becomes a map of a relationship nightmare,” says one psychologist.

Even couples who aim for egalitarian division of labor across the whole of their relationship find that when it comes to individual tasks, one person usually steps forward as the lead: She oversees paying the bills, for example, while he’s head chef in the kitchen.

Presented with a new task—like, say, assembling a Hemnes dresser—couples may have competing ideas of who’s best suited to take the lead.

A power struggle ensues, and power struggles are breeding grounds for conflict. (This is also why driving directions are such potent argument-starters.)

“Unless one of you is the accepted leader for building something, you’re thrown into this dynamic of ‘who is in charge?’” said Scott Stanley, a psychology professor at the University of Denver and author of the book, Fighting for Your Marriage.

“Even when you’ve sort of figured out that one’s more taking the lead, then you’ve got the moments when the assistant sees what the leader is doing wrong,” Stanley said. “Despite the fact that we all often function better with constructive feedback, nobody likes it.”

Last edited by snufkin on Sun 17 Jul 2016, 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sun 17 Jul 2016, 5:00 pm

@LadyHa That's great! We had Movie Club for 7 SW movie,s one each weekend. During Sat and Sun, we watch movies and discuss them (live blogging).
Here's the link to first viewing party so you cna see what it looked like:

http://reylo.skyforum.net/t131-star-wars-episodes-i-vii-viewing-party-the-phantom-menace

they are all in Takodana Forum.

OMG, Queen @Irina de Francequeen queen queen queen queen

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

LOL @snufkin Reylo better pass Ikea test!  Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 Sun 17 Jul 2016, 5:14 pm

vaderito wrote:Yeha, it's confirmed he's playing Mr Perfect Resistance Leader. I hope they give him a spin-off so that I can skip it. Such Mary Sue. Was supposed to die and now is stealing other character's screen time (Leia) and they are likely going to kill someone who wasn't supposed to die to balance out the fact that he survives IX. Diva demands really take you that far.
@vaderito

Well, as long as they don't cut BB-8's screentime... Wink
Plus he and JJ met after he inquired about his character's possibility of surviving; if Isaac wasn't a capable actor, JJ would probably have denied him.
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 17 Jul 2016, 5:18 pm

@vaderito - Jedi Trials will be surviving a shopping trip to Ikea and assembling a Hermes dresser
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MindAndMagic Sun 17 Jul 2016, 6:08 pm

Highlights from the episode 8 panel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B26RQLS-0d4

You really get a sense of RJ's investment in the story when you actually listen to what he says. He seems a bit more humble than JJ (might just be the excitement), very nice and enthusiastic.
JB:''I enjoy my time with new members of cast.''
Also RJ was looking at JB for most of the time while talking about KMT (the director says they'll present her properly down the line). At one point he even points towards him. And, of course, the interview several months ago basically gave it away. They're spending a great amount of time together.
Meanwhile on an island far far away...

Conclusion: our predictions for the separate A/B plot trajectories are being confirmed.

Last edited by Queen of the Knights on Sun 17 Jul 2016, 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
MindAndMagic
MindAndMagic
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sun 17 Jul 2016, 6:39 pm

snufkin wrote:@vaderito - Jedi Trials will be surviving a shopping trip to Ikea and assembling a Hermes dresser
@snufkin

We've done that! Granted, I let my husband do all of the Hermes dresser assembly and took our daughter somewhere to get her out of the house.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sun 17 Jul 2016, 6:44 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
snufkin wrote:@vaderito - Jedi Trials will be surviving a shopping trip to Ikea and assembling a Hermes dresser
@snufkin

We've done that! Granted, I let my husband do all of the Hermes dresser assembly and took our daughter somewhere to get her out of the house.
@ISeeAnIsland

So is it weird that my husband and I actually enjoy IKEA together, and we make it a regular thing on purpose? Granted, he designs furniture for a living, so there's that... Laughing
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyHa Sun 17 Jul 2016, 7:12 pm

vaderito wrote:@LadyHa That's great! We had Movie Club for 7 SW movie,s one each weekend. During Sat and Sun, we watch movies and discuss them (live blogging).
Here's the link to first viewing party so you cna see what it looked like:

http://reylo.skyforum.net/t131-star-wars-episodes-i-vii-viewing-party-the-phantom-menace

they are all in Takodana Forum.

OMG, Queen @Irina de Francequeen queen queen queen queen

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

LOL @snufkin Reylo better pass Ikea test!  Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
@vaderito

Great, thanks for the info.  In a way, this list of movies is better than spoilers, because as @vaderito  said, what else can we do for the next year and 1/2?
LadyHa
LadyHa
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Sun 17 Jul 2016, 7:18 pm

So... What's our first movie? Very Happy

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sun 17 Jul 2016, 7:36 pm

Queen of the Knights wrote:Highlights from the episode 8 panel:

You really get a sense of RJ's investment in the story when you actually listen to what he says. He seems a bit more humble than JJ (might just be the excitement), very nice and enthusiastic.
Also RJ was looking at JB for most of the time while talking about KMT (the director says they'll present her properly down the line). At one point he even points towards him. And, of course, the interview several months ago basically gave it away. They're spending a great amount of time together.

@Queen of the Knights

With all of the emphasis that John and TPTB seem to be placing on KMT (and by extension, FinnTran) for VIII, does anyone think that this might be another red herring to divert focus from Reylo as a romance of the trilogy? Especially with Reywalker largely debunked?

I don't doubt that there will be a FinnTran romance, but I wonder if they're trying to focus people's attention on that so that people figure "oh, that's going to be the romance" so that Reylo will be more of a surprise?
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Jul 2016, 7:37 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:

@Queen of the Knights

With all of the emphasis that John and TPTB seem to be placing on KMT (and by extension, FinnTran) for VIII, does anyone think that this might be another red herring to divert focus from Reylo as a romance of the trilogy? Especially with Reywalker largely debunked?

I don't doubt that there will be a FinnTran romance, but I wonder if they're trying to focus people's attention on that so that people figure "oh, that's going to be the romance" so that Reylo will be more of a surprise?

@ISeeAnIsland Oh I also think this! Wouldn't be surprised by it in the least!

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sun 17 Jul 2016, 7:39 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:

@Queen of the Knights

@ISeeAnIsland

I wonder this too. I'm excited and nervous about it at the same time. I don't have any doubts about Reylo, but I sure as heck hope they aren't waiting until IX for the whole thing to unfold. At the very least, give us some more UST that's far more defined this time around.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Sun 17 Jul 2016, 8:19 pm

Excellent catch @ISeeAnIsland, I didn't even think of that.

It's exactly what I'd do if I were trying to hide the plot twist of the century. cheers
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sun 17 Jul 2016, 8:22 pm

Xylo Ren wrote:Excellent catch @ISeeAnIsland, I didn't even think of that.

It's exactly what I'd do if I were trying to hide the plot twist of the century. cheers
@Xylo Ren

Between the Reywalker garbage and the FinnRey red herrings, don't you guys think though that Reylo is already hidden enough without any additional misdirection?

That's the only thing that makes me nervous about Finn Tran.

On the flip side, it might be a way to make it not look like Rey chose the big bad villain over Finn, especially with race being such a sensitive issue.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Sun 17 Jul 2016, 8:55 pm

Did they even talk about Kylo at all in detail during the celebration?

I have been camping for the last four days in the Sierra Nevada Mountain range in California. So, I was thinking on morning at 3:00 a.m. because I was trying to decide if that rustling in my campsite was a bear or something else.....I digress.....I was thinking about the force back vision (hoping I would fall back asleep) maybe Kylo does rescue Rey but it isn't salad bowl guy that he rescues her from. It is a that beer can/alien chicken thing we saw in photos.

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 17 Jul 2016, 9:08 pm

@birdwoman, are you sure that wasn't Bigfoot you heard rustling around your tent? Or the ghost of Tamsin Donner ; )?
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 17 Jul 2016, 9:10 pm

Xylo Ren wrote:Excellent catch @ISeeAnIsland, I didn't even think of that.

@Xylo Ren

They have to hide it, otherwise it gives away the whole endgame, no dramatic tension.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Sun 17 Jul 2016, 9:16 pm

@snufkin
If it was a bear and my husband was awake....he would yell at it, top of his lungs even at 3:00 a.m. to scare it off. Yes, he has done this before in Yosemite. I felt bad for the French Nationals in the campsite beside us because I am sure they thought we were crazy. Razz

No, I just ignore all rustling outside my tent by thinking of things that make me happy. hahahaha! Until I fall asleep again.

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sun 17 Jul 2016, 9:26 pm

IoJovi wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:

@Queen of the Knights

@ISeeAnIsland

I wonder this too. I'm excited and nervous about it at the same time. I don't have any doubts about Reylo, but I sure as heck hope they aren't waiting until IX for the whole thing to unfold. At the very least, give us some more UST that's far more defined this time around.
@IoJovi
I think it's possible, but IMHO it has more to do with diverting attention away from Stormpilot. They stirred up a real frenzy with that completely by accident, and in a weird it's been validated by outside sources that have nothing to do with the story itself (like Buzzfeed and MTV). It's interracial and gay, so of course it's attracted the attention of social justice fans of all kinds. I wouldn't be surprised if there was backlash from various news outlets toward KMT's character for "ruining" the "gay couple" in SW. No doubt LucasFilm is going to have to deal with homophobia accusations (even though KMT was cast before TFA was even released and was likely planned to appear in the trilogy as Finn's love-interest for a long time). It's an unfortunate situation, but I expect them to make it obvious KMT is Finn's love-interest in the coming year as they start to explore the characters more. I think it'll be "spoiled" before the film's release (quickly or slowly) and will be up for discussion at SW Celebration this time next year. In that regard it might be used to cover up another "romance", but I also expect them to advertise Rey and Kylo with a lot of "two sides of one coin" imagery.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 17 Jul 2016, 9:33 pm

Birdwoman wrote:@snufkin
If it was a bear and my husband was awake....he would yell at it, top of his lungs even at 3:00 a.m. to scare it off. Yes, he has done this before in Yosemite. I felt bad for the French Nationals in the campsite beside us because I am sure they thought we were crazy. Razz

No, I just ignore all rustling outside my tent by thinking of things that make me happy. hahahaha! Until I fall asleep again.
@Birdwoman

I used to go to summer camp down there (gosh we're spoiled living so close to Yosemite, aren't we?) - those bears just want to steal your food.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Sun 17 Jul 2016, 9:52 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
@IoJovi
I think it's possible, but IMHO it has more to do with diverting attention away from Stormpilot. They stirred up a real frenzy with that completely by accident, and in a weird it's been validated by outside sources that have nothing to do with the story itself (like Buzzfeed and MTV). It's interracial and gay, so of course it's attracted the attention of social justice fans of all kinds. I wouldn't be surprised if there was backlash from various news outlets toward KMT's character for "ruining" the "gay couple" in SW. No doubt LucasFilm is going to have to deal with homophobia accusations (even though KMT was cast before TFA was even released and was likely planned to appear in the trilogy as Finn's love-interest for a long time). It's an unfortunate situation, but I expect them to make it obvious KMT is Finn's love-interest in the coming year as they start to explore the characters more. I think it'll be "spoiled" before the film's release (quickly or slowly) and will be up for discussion at SW Celebration this time next year. In that regard it might be used to cover up another "romance", but I also expect them to advertise Rey and Kylo with a lot of "two sides of one coin" imagery.

I totally forgot about StormPilot, but you must be right here. Lots of people that intentionally ship it must think it's still possible. I think that really was blown out of proportion, yeah he bites his lip and he lets him wear his jacket but like you said, I think it was an accident/just Poe being Poe. I never picked up any vibes and still don't but people have run away with it and now LF is trying to put that fire out.

Poor KMT, between FinnRey and StormPilot...I hope her character is kicka***.
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sun 17 Jul 2016, 9:55 pm

Yeah I might get a lot of raised eyebrowsfor admitting this, but I never caught Stormpilot on my first viewing (unlike a certain other ship we all know and love) until I went on Tumblr. Then a week later I saw TFA again and I was....oh yeah I see it now. IIii see the bromance.... Laughing
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next