Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS)

+80
cherrylipstick
californiagirl
Gemlake
Xylo Ren
rawpowah
Man Without A Star
Lily Snape
MyOnlyHope
Helix
Darth_marshmallow
benorganasolo
PalmettoBlue
shii405
AceofWands
Starliteprism
Night Huntress
ZioRen
vaderito
Kylo Rey
Forsythia
Moonlight13
RosiePancake
snufkin
SoloSideCousin
Darth Dingbat
Cowgirlsamurai
Darth_Awakened
panki
SanghaRen
DarthRen
ISeeAnIsland
Kylo Men
Birdwoman
MindAndMagic
tukicarreno
MeadowofAshes
Darth Rowan
fuhry
Rimfaxe96
nemapasara
BenRey
Piper Maru
bashfulblueeyes3
MrsWindu
Airemyn
adamdrivershair
Maria26
Kyla Ren
LadyHa
Irina de France
EchoBase
Acritiqua
BigDeal2187
CienaRee
Saracene
Armadeus
Reylo Lemon
MissG
Mana
Geralt_Riv
nite0wl29
jakkusun
rey09
Lucina
Kessel
reylo1992
DeeBee
IoJovi
Tex
SheLitAFire
Gemini
ReyofLightSide
FrolickingFizzgig
spacebaby45678
motherofpearl1
Atenais
SkyStar
Rei of Sunshine
Moonjump05
Anakin Skywalker
84 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS) - Page 25 Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS)

Post by ZioRen Tue 28 Nov 2017, 1:43 am

Posting the rest of the conversation because I quite enjoy Rian's answers. I may just have to re-activate my old Twitter account and try to strike up a conversation with him post-TLJ. I'm sure once he can finally talk about his movie, he'll be even more delightful on social media!

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS) - Page 25 X1HapJc
Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS) - Page 25 R1mVBaD
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS) - Page 25 Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS)

Post by Darth_marshmallow Tue 28 Nov 2017, 1:53 am

ZioRen wrote:Posting the rest of the conversation because I quite enjoy Rian's answers. I may just have to re-activate my old Twitter account and try to strike up a conversation with him post-TLJ. I'm sure once he can finally talk about his movie, he'll be even more delightful on social media!

@ZioRen

Gosh! Rian is a patient man!
Darth_marshmallow
Darth_marshmallow
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Tue 28 Nov 2017, 1:59 am

Darth_marshmallow wrote:
ZioRen wrote:Posting the rest of the conversation because I quite enjoy Rian's answers. I may just have to re-activate my old Twitter account and try to strike up a conversation with him post-TLJ. I'm sure once he can finally talk about his movie, he'll be even more delightful on social media!

@ZioRen

Gosh! Rian is a patient man!
@Darth_marshmallow

Yup says a lot about the guy who’s just been put in charge of three more Star Wars films. I’m sorry but I can’t even follow the points ‘anxiete’ Is trying to make ?

MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_marshmallow Tue 28 Nov 2017, 2:07 am

@MrsWindu
Yeah, I don't understand it either. It only shows how classy Rian is.
Darth_marshmallow
Darth_marshmallow
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Tue 28 Nov 2017, 2:12 am

@ZioRen

Rian is handing out a lot salt these days. Cool
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Tue 28 Nov 2017, 2:15 am

Rian "Kill 'Em With Kindness" Johnson. I aspire to this level of class.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS) - Page 25 6tEoRuE
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Tue 28 Nov 2017, 2:37 am

Rian is too gracious. He didn't need to put up with that person's BS. The person's arguments didn't even make sense! How does "adding a backstory to Kylo to make him more 'human' with his parents takes away from the parts that made Vader in the beginning likable and a very iconic character?" Wut? Also, what does "Kylo parallels FO modern personals about nazis" even mean? It's like they're just throwing out the word nazi without thought because nazi = bad. Her arguments are nonsense and look like they were formulated by a bot.

Rian's answers show that person is going to be even more disappointed.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Tue 28 Nov 2017, 7:03 am

I just didn't understand the point that person was trying to defend. Her tweets were so confusing. But looking at these messages makes me feel that people don't understand a story told from a "fairy tale" point of view. It's not an accurate historic tale, but a fantastical one, that follows its own rules. Did they ever hear of suspension of disbelief? Frustrating.

Anyway, Rian is being a gentleman.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Man Without A Star Tue 28 Nov 2017, 8:29 am

Seriously? What the hell is wrong with people like that? What can possibly be so upsetting that you would go and insult director of a movie of a franchise that you obviously care about. I mean, what the hell? I understand that not everyone has to agree with the direction the story is headed, but literally insulting people that made it? What is wrong with antis?? I never really understood the obsessive hatred for Reylo in general but this is crossing the line...
Man Without A Star
Man Without A Star
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Tue 28 Nov 2017, 9:59 am

People are so triggered by the word "Nazi" these days thanks to recent unfortunate events and statements by certain political individuals, that some people will find a way to apply it to anyone they're displeased with. I'm all for the anti-white-supremacist movement, but to make it seem like Rian is trying to get us to sympathize with a Nazi is extreme. Like he's using his influence on Star Wars to push a real life political agenda. I'm sorry some people hate Kylo so much.

Yes, Kylo and Anakin are two different (FICTIONAL!) characters, but I don't understand why one deserves sympathy over the other. My husband says the difference is that one killed an iconic character who also happened to be said character's father, and I guess he's right. (Han Solo's death) > (offing small children despite the fact that your wife is pregnant) any day, it appears. Maybe it's also the fact that Vader's story arc takes up six movies, and in reverse order, filmed decades apart, that have people are a bit softened to him, while Kylo's most shocking act happens in the first film of a trilogy that will likely wrap up his arc within itself. I don't know, I'm rambling now. But that person's logic doesn't make sense to me.

Thank goodness Rian is able to handle the haters so coolly.
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia Tue 28 Nov 2017, 10:02 am

This anti is so embarrassing. I'm glad Rian handled her so well.

However, she and another anti were angry that Rian brought in Vader to "sidetrack" her, and she was promising to go for  "round 2"...

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS) - Page 25 Rian_j12

I feel sorry for Rian that he has to put up with this sith.
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Tue 28 Nov 2017, 10:09 am

@Forsythia I just really wish people would stop saying that people are sympathetic towards Kylo because he's a white man. He's the goddang legacy character for the love of God.
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus Tue 28 Nov 2017, 10:17 am

Going through those tweets

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS) - Page 25 M79sb
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://www.fictionpress.com/u/564105/

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Tue 28 Nov 2017, 10:22 am

Forsythia wrote:This anti is so embarrassing. I'm glad Rian handled her so well.

However, she and another anti were angry that Rian brought in Vader to "sidetrack" her, and she was promising to go for  "round 2"...

@Forsythia

Agree she is embarrassing herself and is bad mannered bordering on offensive. I still don’t understand what she’s trying to articulate
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia Tue 28 Nov 2017, 10:36 am

I don't understand what her point was either. Maybe instead of starting her conversation with insults, she should have put more effort into articulating her points Very Happy But she's very proud on herself and whining on tumblr that evil Rian didn't really address the "points" she was making.
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Tue 28 Nov 2017, 10:45 am

Forsythia wrote:I don't understand what her point was either. Maybe instead of starting her conversation with insults, she should have put more effort into articulating her points Very Happy But she's very proud on herself and whining on tumblr that evil Rian didn't really address the "points" she was making.
@Forsythia

A T T E N T I O N S E E K E R S
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia Tue 28 Nov 2017, 10:59 am

@Rei of Sunshine

Imagine being so desperate for attention that getting angry messages from other fans for attacking RJ is considered a good thing. I almost pity her.

I really hope Rian doesn't take these rude antis to heart. They'll probably get worse once TLJ has been released.
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Tue 28 Nov 2017, 11:14 am

Forsythia wrote:@Rei of Sunshine

Imagine being so desperate for attention that getting angry messages from other fans for attacking RJ is considered a good thing. I almost pity her.

I really hope Rian doesn't take these rude antis to heart. They'll probably get worse once TLJ has been released.
@Forsythia

The saddest thing for me is this person seems like a native English speaker, yet cannot properly articulate a simple argument to a fellow English speaker. Copy editors, barristers and speech professors everywhere would be rolling in a premature grave if they read this sad, sad, pathetic abomination of an English argument.

For pete's sake Trump can write a better whiney post with 140 characters and text speech.

I'm gonna sound so pretentious here, but English ain't my mother tongue and I honestly write better than that atleast.

If I were Rian, I'd copy paste all those tweets and send back a proof read copy with all the red ink markings than bother to even explain what doesn't need an explanation regarding FICTIONAL CHARACTERS.
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Tue 28 Nov 2017, 11:28 am

Irina de France wrote:@Forsythia I just really wish people would stop saying that people are sympathetic towards Kylo because he's a white man. He's the goddang legacy character for the love of God.
@Irina de France

THIS.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Tue 28 Nov 2017, 12:00 pm

The Q&A with Rian Johnson will start in a few minutes:
https://twitter.com/starwars/status/935566772182294528
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucina Tue 28 Nov 2017, 12:49 pm

Forsythia wrote:This anti is so embarrassing. I'm glad Rian handled her so well.

@Forsythia

Well, that person just revealed herself to be misandristic and racist, given that her main issue with Kylo is that he is a white man. Oh the hypocrisy...
Lucina
Lucina
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 28 Nov 2017, 1:08 pm

While Twitter makes people crazy, personally I would not go there with reducing these posts as somebody just being a troll. There is a power differential in our society here in the States which makes me understand completely why fans who are PoC would take issue with the ST as part of the pop culture spectrum. Doesn't mean I agree with their specific arguments being made to the writer/director. But I absolutely understand why somebody would feel that way and react that way. I also think it's actually fine to have people give vent to those feelings/frustration.

Also winner winner chicken dinner to @Darth Dingbat for figuring out 18 months ago that they did a location shoot on Iceland b/c Rian mentioned it in one of his answers. Which means ya'll should have spots on your BINGO card for the locations she also figured out for Ireland and wasn't there also some secret locations spotted back in the day by the Croatian/Serbian members of this forum?
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Tue 28 Nov 2017, 1:30 pm

According to Rian in an interview, Adam brought the most laughs!

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS) - Page 25 Tumblr_p0572jRUlR1w6j24yo1_1280
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Tue 28 Nov 2017, 1:33 pm

snufkin wrote:While Twitter makes people crazy, personally I would not go there with reducing these posts as somebody just being a troll. There is a power differential in our society here in the States which makes me understand completely why fans who are PoC would take issue with the ST as part of the pop culture spectrum. Doesn't mean I agree with their specific arguments being made to the writer/director. But I absolutely understand why somebody would feel that way and react that way. I also think it's actually fine to have people give vent to those feelings/frustration.

Also winner winner chicken dinner to @Darth Dingbat for figuring out 18 months ago that they did a location shoot on Iceland b/c Rian mentioned it in one of his answers. Which means ya'll should have spots on your BINGO card for the locations she also figured out for Ireland and wasn't there also some secret locations spotted back in the day by the Croatian/Serbian members of this forum?
@snufkin

I agree, and I don't think we should want to shut people down for objecting to art, people have the right to love it, hate it and voice their praise or objections. RJ chose to answer, that was on him, he should have ignored, not engaged. Again, Star Wars is myth and as myth the audience should never analyze it on a mundane level. Which is what this person is doing and she is projecting the current socio political class differentiation in her society onto a movie. Kylo/Darth are metaphors but the kid is young and does not see that, yet.  All she sees is RJ framing his story in a way that she finds unbalanced and objectional.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Tue 28 Nov 2017, 1:39 pm

snufkin wrote:While Twitter makes people crazy, personally I would not go there with reducing these posts as somebody just being a troll. There is a power differential in our society here in the States which makes me understand completely why fans who are PoC would take issue with the ST as part of the pop culture spectrum. Doesn't mean I agree with their specific arguments being made to the writer/director. But I absolutely understand why somebody would feel that way and react that way. I also think it's actually fine to have people give vent to those feelings/frustration.

@snufkin

In Daisy's recent Elle UK interview, she alluded to taking a holiday on a Croatian island with cast/crew around the time that the Croatian shoot was going on. I don't know if "holiday" was code for a secret shooting location, or if it really was just a holiday.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next