Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS)

+80
cherrylipstick
californiagirl
Gemlake
Xylo Ren
rawpowah
Man Without A Star
Lily Snape
MyOnlyHope
Helix
Darth_marshmallow
benorganasolo
PalmettoBlue
shii405
AceofWands
Starliteprism
Night Huntress
ZioRen
vaderito
Kylo Rey
Forsythia
Moonlight13
RosiePancake
snufkin
SoloSideCousin
Darth Dingbat
Cowgirlsamurai
Darth_Awakened
panki
SanghaRen
DarthRen
ISeeAnIsland
Kylo Men
Birdwoman
MindAndMagic
tukicarreno
MeadowofAshes
Darth Rowan
fuhry
Rimfaxe96
nemapasara
BenRey
Piper Maru
bashfulblueeyes3
MrsWindu
Airemyn
adamdrivershair
Maria26
Kyla Ren
LadyHa
Irina de France
EchoBase
Acritiqua
BigDeal2187
CienaRee
Saracene
Armadeus
Reylo Lemon
MissG
Mana
Geralt_Riv
nite0wl29
jakkusun
rey09
Lucina
Kessel
reylo1992
DeeBee
IoJovi
Tex
SheLitAFire
Gemini
ReyofLightSide
FrolickingFizzgig
spacebaby45678
motherofpearl1
Atenais
SkyStar
Rei of Sunshine
Moonjump05
Anakin Skywalker
84 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS) - Page 31 Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS)

Post by IoJovi Tue 05 Dec 2017, 8:01 pm

PalmettoBlue wrote:To add onto Pablo’s tweet: I read somewhere that 90% of TLJ script was filmed. If that’s correct, we are definitely getting the story they want to tell. And that story really seems like a classic fairy tale, complete with a castle, a prince, and a princess.

Bless the antis hearts. I hope they take their Pepcid before the movie.
@PalmettoBlue

LF apparently loved what Rian did so much they gave him his own trilogy. They are very confident in what they are doing, and that in turn gives me confidence...

IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS) - Page 31 Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS)

Post by Gemlake Tue 05 Dec 2017, 8:08 pm

Wow! Could he be any more clear? The anti asks about marketing, he talks about the script. And they still don't get it.

Gemlake
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 05 Dec 2017, 8:19 pm

But guys, a bunch of fanboys on the Internet and fandom journalists/experts have already decreed that it’s all fantasy and baiting. And that what’s really important is that their being feminist ally dudes means that they know better about understanding a female protagonist and female driven story partially written by Carrie Fisher than a group of highly educated and highly curious female fans :p. Really, one of them needs to weigh in and let us know that Rey as the new Luke Skywalker would never have anything to do with the bad guy because she’s there to re-inspire Luke to light the green and be the galaxy’s most bad a** septuagenarian.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Tue 05 Dec 2017, 8:23 pm

snufkin wrote:But guys, a bunch of fanboys on the Internet and fandom journalists/experts have already decreed that it’s all fantasy and baiting. And that what’s really important is that their being feminist ally dudes means that they know better about understanding a female protagonist and female driven story partially written by Carrie Fisher than a group of highly educated and highly curious female fans :p. Really, one of them needs to weigh in and let us know that Rey as the new Luke Skywalker would never have anything to do with the bad guy because she’s there to re-inspire Luke to light the green and be the galaxy’s most bad a** septuagenarian.
@snufkin
LIGHT THE GREEN

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS) - Page 31 5e78459a87a5b70b38df6ba4bb1cf2ea7eaeede0_hq
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 05 Dec 2017, 8:27 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig I had no idea what the f**k that expression was until recently and I saw that movie in theater as a kid. That wasn’t even the fist pump moment I had in the audience compared to Leia using her chains to literally strangle and take down the patriarchy. Or her showing up as a bounty hunter and threatening to blow up the place.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Tue 05 Dec 2017, 8:51 pm

I don’t want to say Pablo just defended Reylo, but.... Pablo just defended Reylo. silent
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Tue 05 Dec 2017, 9:00 pm

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:I don’t want to say Pablo just defended Reylo, but.... Pablo just defended Reylo. silent
@Cowgirlsamurai

I'm sure he wishes he could debunk it but you can't debunk what's canon.

Also I started cackling real hard when I noticed that 'Anne' was in this person's name. You can't make this stuff up.  Laughing
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Tue 05 Dec 2017, 9:09 pm

Atenais wrote:Are they playing stupid or are they desperate? LOL
@Atenais

That was my first question as well! I mean seriously...it's like some of their brains can't compute when it comes to this stuff. I think they're desperate though. I can't believe they're that lacking in reading comprehension.

Pablo is saying the marketing is based on the script! That doesn't help these antis' point.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Tue 05 Dec 2017, 9:34 pm

I'm still laughing that the ant was asking about the marketing, and instead Pablo begins talking about the actual content of TLJ... Laughing
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Wed 06 Dec 2017, 1:08 am

ZioRen wrote:
Cowgirlsamurai wrote:I don’t want to say Pablo just defended Reylo, but.... Pablo just defended Reylo. silent
@Cowgirlsamurai

I'm sure he wishes he could debunk it but you can't debunk what's canon.

Also I started cackling real hard when I noticed that 'Anne' was in this person's name. You can't make this stuff up.  Laughing
@ZioRen

I've noticed that as well.

Twisted Evil MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Twisted Evil
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia Wed 06 Dec 2017, 5:35 am

What was she hoping to achieve with her tweets? Did she actually think Pablo would outright confirm or debunk any theories a week before the film is released? If she's so sure that she's right, why does she even need his confirmation? But her taking his tweets as confirmation is hilarious Very Happy
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Wed 06 Dec 2017, 6:27 am

Forsythia wrote:What was she hoping to achieve with her tweets? Did she actually think Pablo would outright confirm or debunk any theories a week before the film is released? If she's so sure that she's right, why does she even need his confirmation? But her taking his tweets as confirmation is hilarious Very Happy
@Forsythia

I think she was just complaining more than anything. Her question was rather silly. Antis like to complain about how the marketing is so pro-Reylo.

Or maybe she actually did think he'd answer or debunk it...lol.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 06 Dec 2017, 7:57 am

Forsythia wrote:What was she hoping to achieve with her tweets? Did she actually think Pablo would outright confirm or debunk any theories a week before the film is released? If she's so sure that she's right, why does she even need his confirmation? But her taking his tweets as confirmation is hilarious Very Happy
@Forsythia

Yes, she thought he would outright debunk Reylo just like daisy outright debunked Soloist for the 5000th time. I think that the tweet was a response to Soloist wreckage and John saying that Finn shouldn't hook up with either Rey or Poe. It usually goes like this:

Debunk happens

Certain place we all know gets very salty

One of certain place members uses her twitter to try to get Rian or Pablo to say something against the fandom she hates. Example: insults over Rian's quote that Kylo is relatable and that Rey and Kylo are two halves of almost the same protagonist. So now it's up to another member with uncompromised twitter account to try to goad Pablo into debunking Reylo. No cigar. I mena, did she really think she's smarter than him or that her approach was smart?
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Wed 06 Dec 2017, 1:21 pm

vaderito wrote:I think other characters will get this too so don't get too excited. It's like those motion images that they released previously.
@vaderito

You were right ! I must say I’m unsure what the ‘leader’ heading is specifically referring to ?

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS) - Page 31 853a4d10
Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS) - Page 31 B17e4c10
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Wed 06 Dec 2017, 1:23 pm

@MrsWindu

Isn't she the head stormtrooper? She's their leader. So depending on your point of view...
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 06 Dec 2017, 1:24 pm

I hate Phasma so much. The only reason they keep that waste of space around is Bedchel test, the same reason why they are shoe-horning Maz. Like, screw Bedchel if crap characters are going to overwhelm the movie.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Wed 06 Dec 2017, 1:31 pm

vaderito wrote:I hate Phasma so much. The only reason they keep that waste of space around is Bedchel test, the same reason why they are shoe-horning Maz. Like, screw Bedchel if crap characters are going to overwhelm the movie.
@vaderito

Phasma serves a purpose in Finn's arc as representing the past and origin he's fighting to rise above. If Phasma gets a lot of unnecessary screentime to herself then that's frustrating. But as long as she's there to add something to Finn's character and story, I'm perfectly fine with her presence. I think the only real exploration of Phasma's character we're ever going to get is her novel. They probably created that specifically so they didn't have to spend time elaborating on her in the movies.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 06 Dec 2017, 1:49 pm

ZioRen wrote:
vaderito wrote:I hate Phasma so much. The only reason they keep that waste of space around is Bedchel test, the same reason why they are shoe-horning Maz. Like, screw Bedchel if crap characters are going to overwhelm the movie.
@vaderito

Phasma serves a purpose in Finn's arc as representing the past and origin he's fighting to rise above. If Phasma gets a lot of unnecessary screentime to herself then that's frustrating. But as long as she's there to add something to Finn's character and story, I'm perfectly fine with her presence. I think the only real exploration of Phasma's character we're ever going to get is her novel. They probably created that specifically so they didn't have to spend time elaborating on her in the movies.
@ZioRen

I'm fine with her serving Finn's arc and propping him but I don't want any "Phasma defects, becomes a major character in IX" BS. The movie has too many characters already, she does not need a promotion to major character status.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Wed 06 Dec 2017, 1:52 pm

ZioRen wrote:
@vaderito

@ZioRen

I agree that Phasma has a narrative point. Do you think she gets killed off in this movie, or will she make it to Ep. 9? In addition to the novel, I believe she had a short-run comic series. Not sure if we'll get much past that.

As for Maz, I think she has the potential to be interesting, given that she's a 1000+ year old space pirate. If she has a pirate spaceship or something, she could get some really cool, even important scene in IX. It just didn't seem like there was enough room for her to get some decent screentime in either Ep. 7 or 8.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Wed 06 Dec 2017, 2:01 pm

californiagirl wrote:
ZioRen wrote:
@vaderito

@ZioRen

I agree that Phasma has a narrative point. Do you think she gets killed off in this movie, or will she make it to Ep. 9? In addition to the novel, I believe she had a short-run comic series. Not sure if we'll get much past that.

As for Maz, I think she has the potential to be interesting, given that she's a 1000+ year old space pirate. If she has a pirate spaceship or something, she could get some really cool, even important scene in IX. It just didn't seem like there was enough room for her to get some decent screentime in either Ep. 7 or 8.
@californiagirl

I honestly don't know. Hux is still around to represent the First Order too so she could theoretically be killed off in TLJ. But I'm slightly skeptical of any big definitive deaths considering it's only the middle chapter and we're fresh off of Han's death.

Then again, I'm not sure how long they can continue milking this character.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Wed 06 Dec 2017, 2:08 pm

ZioRen wrote:
californiagirl wrote:
ZioRen wrote:
@vaderito

@ZioRen

@californiagirl

I honestly don't know. Hux is still around to represent the First Order too so she could theoretically be killed off in TLJ. But I'm slightly skeptical of any big definitive deaths considering it's only the middle chapter and we're fresh off of Han's death.

Then again, I'm not sure how long they can continue milking this character.
@ZioRen

I have "Phasma dies on my bingo card, and the novelization being released is what gave me this conclusion.  She has a lot of fans, sure, but she is one of those characters who is in supporting role - she's never going to be at the forefront of the story.  The book gives her fans what they want while keeping the ST focusing on the true main characters.  

I truly enjoyed the novelization and it gave so much more depth and detail to her while still maintaining her villain status.  She's a person who isn't in it for anything but herself, and has no loyalty to the FO.  If she ever sees the FO in a losing position, she'll defect immediately.  Still, I don't see that happening as a defection would make her story more important than it is now, and like many of you have said, the ST is already crowded as it is.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Wed 06 Dec 2017, 2:18 pm

I think Phasma will never be a main character but I think she will be another Boba Fett..or at least what Boba was meant to be....either in Episode VIII (if she thinks she has no future with the FO) or in IX (when the FO loses), she'll put on another costume+mask and disappear into the crowd by taking on a new identity. Then we'll get some novel or comic book about her later adventures.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Dec 2017, 2:19 pm

panki wrote:I think Phasma will never be a main character but I think she will be another Boba Fett..or at least what Boba was meant to be....either in Episode VIII (if she thinks she has no future with the FO) or in IX (when the FO loses), she'll put on another costume+mask and disappear into the crowd by taking on a new identity. Then we'll get some novel or comic book about her later adventures.
@panki

I want this!!! And I want her to kill Hux too Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Wed 06 Dec 2017, 2:25 pm

AppleCrumble122 wrote:
panki wrote:I think Phasma will never be a main character but I think she will be another Boba Fett..or at least what Boba was meant to be....either in Episode VIII (if she thinks she has no future with the FO) or in IX (when the FO loses), she'll put on another costume+mask and disappear into the crowd by taking on a new identity. Then we'll get some novel or comic book about her later adventures.
@panki

@AppleCrumble122

As a huge Boba Fett fan, I fully approve of this scenario!!!!
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nite0wl29 Wed 06 Dec 2017, 2:52 pm

IoJovi wrote:
AppleCrumble122 wrote:
@panki

@AppleCrumble122

As a huge Boba Fett fan, I fully approve of this scenario!!!!
@IoJovi

Me too!! cheers before Kylo entered the picture I was 100% Fett girl. If Fett ever entered into a Rebels episode, I would totally ship Fett/Wren
nite0wl29
nite0wl29
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

http://nite0wl29.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next