Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interview Revelations: "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion

+58
MoonFyre
Saracene
Darth Dementor
IoJovi
LesCousinsDangereux
rey09
Moonjump05
CienaRee
SkyStar
Reylo Lemon
SanghaRen
nite0wl29
Kylo Rey
Blood Moon
RosiePancake
panki
Mana
vaderito
EchoBase
Kyla Ren
Maria26
Anakin Skywalker
C.V
Darth_Awakened
Man Without A Star
Darth Dingbat
Night Huntress
Gemini
Lily Snape
Kylo Men
adamdrivershair
Irina de France
Lovely_Rose
ReyofLightSide
Helix
ZioRen
bashfulblueeyes3
Forsythia
reylo1992
Tex
snufkin
Rei of Sunshine
SheLitAFire
Cowgirlsamurai
AceofWands
BenRey
SoloSideCousin
DeeBee
shii405
Piper Maru
spacebaby45678
Kessel
FrolickingFizzgig
PalmettoBlue
Darth Rowan
Moonlight13
DarthRen
MrsWindu
62 posters

Page 17 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

Interview Revelations:  "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion - Page 17 Empty Re: Interview Revelations: "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion

Post by Darth Dingbat Wed 01 Nov 2017, 12:21 pm

vaderito wrote:
Darth_Awakened wrote:It looks to me Adam was comparing the hidden princess to Kylo Ren.

But obviously Pablo didn't have a clue about it.

lol!
@Darth_Awakened

Bahahahhaha! Pablo pwn'd by Adam (whom Pablo doesn't like anyway).

@nonesuch scanned the magazine but it's too small for me to read. Anyone with better eyes?

http://starwarsnonsense.tumblr.com/

@vaderito

Open the pictures separately; they're quite large IMO.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Interview Revelations:  "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion - Page 17 Empty Re: Interview Revelations: "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Wed 01 Nov 2017, 12:23 pm

"It was all about story and character and playing someone who doesn't have it all together. Making him as human as possible seemed dangerous and exciting to me. [...] I remember the initial conversations about having things 'skinned'. Peeling away layers to evolve into other people, and the person Kylo's pretending to be on the outside is not who he is. He's a vulnerable kid who doesn't know where to put his energy, but when he puts his mask on, suddenly he's playinga role. JJ had that idea initially and I think Rian took it to the next level." - Adam

"Adam was always pushing the context of the character. He's put in this unhealthy environment and goes through the worst of youth, the selfishness and volatility, he's representing that side of adolescence." - Rian Johnson

"It makes complete sense how juvenile he can be. You can see that with our leadership and politics. You have world leaders who you imagine--or hope and pray--are living by kind of a higher code of ethics. But it really comes down to them feeling wronged or unloved or wanting validation. [...] We talked about terrorism a lot. You have young and deeply committed people with one-sided education who think in absolutes. That is more dangerous than being evil. Kylo thinks what he's doing is entirely right, and that, in my mind, is the scariest part." - Adam
Adam confirms my theory that Kylo was based on radicalized youths. I don't think anyone's ever directly stated it before. Cool
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Wed 01 Nov 2017, 12:38 pm

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:Ahh, breathing a sigh of relief. He's obviously talking about the princess in Hidden Fortress. I don't understand how the author of the article assumes it's Rey. Adam is not always the most eloquent, so it's kind of a strange quote, but I don't think he let anything slip with how tight lipped he was earlier in the conversation.
@Cowgirlsamurai

I find it weird that the author assumed Adam let a huge spoiler slip when earlier in the story he was JUST commenting on the fact that Adam has mastered evasion when it comes to Star Wars spoilers. Logically, why would he just let something that big slip later in the conversation?
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Wed 01 Nov 2017, 12:40 pm

ZioRen wrote:
Cowgirlsamurai wrote:Ahh, breathing a sigh of relief. He's obviously talking about the princess in Hidden Fortress. I don't understand how the author of the article assumes it's Rey. Adam is not always the most eloquent, so it's kind of a strange quote, but I don't think he let anything slip with how tight lipped he was earlier in the conversation.
@Cowgirlsamurai

I find it weird that the author assumed Adam let a huge spoiler slip when earlier in the story he was JUST commenting on the fact that Adam has mastered evasion when it comes to Star Wars spoilers. Logically, why would he just let something that big slip later in the conversation?
@ZioRen
He took his opportunity to run with the clickbait in order to attract more readers to the article. It seems like a calculated move to me. It sucks, but he knew exactly what he was doing. It's both annoyingly stupid and smart at the same time because he got everybody talking over what was actually just a reference to The Hidden Fortress.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Wed 01 Nov 2017, 12:42 pm

ZioRen wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai

@ZioRen

That's why I didn't believe it was Adam's slip.

It's just not something he would say so carelessly with the NDA and all that, what with the movie so close.

Turns out it was a slip, in a way that he wasn't able to elaborate the context of 'princess'. And a lapse in judgement of the writer.
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Wed 01 Nov 2017, 12:47 pm

ZioRen wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai

@ZioRen

Exactly. He dodges everything, but then while making an analogy between an old movie and the sequel trilogy let's the bomb drop that Rey's royalty and hiding it from everyone? Doesn't add up at all Neutral

And I think Pablo avoiding the topic until the article comes out is in character for him scratch
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Wed 01 Nov 2017, 12:51 pm

Rei of Sunshine wrote:
ZioRen wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai

@ZioRen

That's why I didn't believe it was Adam's slip.

It's just not something he would say so carelessly with the NDA and all that, what with the movie so close.

Turns out it was a slip, in a way that he wasn't able to elaborate the context of 'princess'. And a lapse in judgement of the writer.
@Rei of Sunshine

In that same article he only grudgingly admitted that he and Daisy spent time together at all, let alone drop a big spoiler about Rey's origin. Laughing Laughing
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Wed 01 Nov 2017, 12:58 pm

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
ZioRen wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai

@ZioRen

Exactly. He dodges everything, but then while making an analogy between an old movie and the sequel trilogy let's the bomb drop that Rey's royalty and hiding it from everyone? Doesn't add up at all Neutral

And I think Pablo avoiding the topic until the article comes out is in character for him scratch
@Cowgirlsamurai
"
Maybe because the nature of the comment was unclear to Pablo and he could not clarify because Rey may not be a "princess" or a "nobody" but someone in between. Confus
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Wed 01 Nov 2017, 12:59 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
ZioRen wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai

@ZioRen
He took his opportunity to run with the clickbait in order to attract more readers to the article. It seems like a calculated move to me. It sucks, but he knew exactly what he was doing. It's both annoyingly stupid and smart at the same time because he got everybody talking over what was actually just a reference to The Hidden Fortress.
@FrolickingFizzgig

I agree with you, IMO, he knew what he was doing. Unfortunately media works this way and clickbaits are more popular than ever.

Anyway, from what I see, everybody is starting to doubt that Adam was talking about Rey.

Interview Revelations:  "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion - Page 17 Gq10

Source x.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 01 Nov 2017, 1:03 pm

this is Kylo's female Alter Ago princess Yuki Akizuki:

Interview Revelations:  "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion - Page 17 Hidden-fortress-heart

That quote! How could Rey resist?
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Wed 01 Nov 2017, 1:04 pm

Atenais wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
ZioRen wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai

@ZioRen
@FrolickingFizzgig

I agree with you, IMO, he knew what he was doing. Unfortunately media works this way and clickbaits are more popular than ever.

Anyway, from what I see, everybody is starting to doubt that Adam was talking about Rey.

Interview Revelations:  "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion - Page 17 Gq10

Source x.
@Atenais

This is good. Media outlets gotta know when to clean up. It good too that they have the sense to look deeper into the article and what it actually meant.
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Wed 01 Nov 2017, 1:04 pm

vaderito wrote:this is Kylo's female Alter Ago princess Yuki Akizuki:

Interview Revelations:  "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion - Page 17 Hidden-fortress-heart

That quote! How could Rey resist?
@vaderito

So he's Princess Snow (Yuki)... pair that up with your avatar. Very Happy

ETA: OMG it's canon. Kylo is Elsa
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Wed 01 Nov 2017, 1:05 pm

vaderito wrote:
Darth_Awakened wrote:It looks to me Adam was comparing the hidden princess to Kylo Ren.

lol!
@Darth_Awakened

@nonesuch scanned the magazine but it's too small for me to read. Anyone with better eyes?

@vaderito

I was able to zoom in in it with my iPad and that made it easier to read. It's a good article. The author calls Adam "unconventionally handsome" Smile It touches on a lot of things like Adam's past, his personality and roles. There's a fair share of Kylo and SW talk, but Adam is very tight lipped. He didn't spoil anything.

There are also some interesting bits the author got from Rian. He made mention of one "emotionally charged" scene with several takes (where Adam kept grabbing the shoe of the guy holding the clapper, marking the scene). So we know Kylo gets at least one emotional scene, although I'm sure he'll get more than one of those. I felt like all of Kylo's scene in TFA were emotionally charged.

Adam also re-emphasized how Kylo believes what he is doing is right and the parallels with young radicalized extremists. Also, how Kylo represents certain aspects of adolescence.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Wed 01 Nov 2017, 1:07 pm

Kessel wrote:
vaderito wrote:

lol!
@Darth_Awakened

@vaderito

I was able to zoom in in it with my iPad and that made it easier to read. It's a good article. The author calls Adam "unconventionally handsome" Smile It touches on a lot of things like Adam's past, his personality and roles. There's a fair share of Kylo and SW talk, but Adam is very tight lipped. He didn't spoil anything.

There are also some interesting bits the author got from Rian. He made mention of one "emotionally charged" scene with several takes (where Adam kept grabbing the shoe of the guy holding the clapper, marking the scene). So we know Kylo gets at least one emotional scene, although I'm sure he'll get more than one of those. I felt like all of Kylo's scene in TFA were emotionally charged.

Adam also re-emphasized how Kylo believes what he is doing is right and the parallels with young radicalized extremists. Also, how Kylo represents certain aspects of adolescence.
@Kessel

He's probably on his knees or lying down on the floor during this scene.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Wed 01 Nov 2017, 1:08 pm

Kessel wrote:
vaderito wrote:

lol!
@Darth_Awakened

@vaderito

@Kessel

The part with the clapper and his shoe was interesting to me.

Does it mean that Kylo ends up on the floor in one scene? That's the closest you get to a shoe, i would think.

And is it so emotional and gut wrenching that they have to do it again and again?

And could it be that Adam attacks the clapper's shoe out of frustration for having to repeat the emotional turmoil again and again? Or he's doing that as a joke to balance out the intensity of the atmosphere?

So many questions. So many scenes I want to see on BTS!
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 01 Nov 2017, 1:11 pm

@rei of Sunshine

Yuki = Snow? So all those visual similarities with Jon Snow weren't coincidental after all. Twisted Evil

More Yuki goodness:

Interview Revelations:  "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion - Page 17 Hidden-fortress-princess-of-the-akizuki-clan

Hmmm. Ahcho-to?

Yuki uses her bamboo stick for flirting:

Interview Revelations:  "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion - Page 17 The-hidden-fortress

Like Kylo used his saber in Takodana forest.

Yuki's "you know I can take whatever I want" face:

Interview Revelations:  "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion - Page 17 Fortaleza_Escondida_04
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Wed 01 Nov 2017, 1:15 pm

Darth_Awakened wrote:
Kessel wrote:
vaderito wrote:

lol!
@Darth_Awakened

@vaderito

@Kessel

He's probably on his knees or lying down on the floor during this scene.
@Darth_Awakened

Hopefully not dying or another life threatening situation. Hope it's just bunch of the Porgs welcoming him at Ach-To. Laughing
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Wed 01 Nov 2017, 1:23 pm

vaderito wrote:@rei of Sunshine

Yuki = Snow? So all those visual similarities with Jon Snow weren't coincidental after all. Twisted Evil

More Yuki goodness:

Interview Revelations:  "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion - Page 17 Hidden-fortress-princess-of-the-akizuki-clan

Hmmm. Ahcho-to?

Yuki uses her bamboo stick for flirting:

Interview Revelations:  "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion - Page 17 The-hidden-fortress

Like Kylo used his saber in Takodana forest.

Yuki's "you know I can take whatever I want" face:

Interview Revelations:  "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion - Page 17 Fortaleza_Escondida_04
@vaderito

As it happens, one of Rey's code names during the production of TFA was "Snow Girl". Razz
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Wed 01 Nov 2017, 1:25 pm

@Darth_Awakened and @Rei of Sunshine - I agree that the shoe grabbing incident sounds like Kylo was kneeling or lying on the floor during that particular scene. I wonder if it's a Snoke reprimand scene?

In regards to the author misunderstanding/misconstruing Adam's princess quote, I thought it was funny how Adam talks about comments being taken of of context, and then the author proceeds to do just that.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 01 Nov 2017, 1:31 pm

Kneeling Kylo? Duh:

Interview Revelations:  "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion - Page 17 Tumblr_ot4jxtmwaE1uwrfk1o1_540

@Darth Dingbat Snow Girl, eh? She's Yuki, that's why Pablo choked. Twisted Evil

Snow:

Snow Girl:

Interview Revelations:  "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion - Page 17 Ep8-ff-000005

Twisted Evil

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LesCousinsDangereux Wed 01 Nov 2017, 2:10 pm

When I saw earlier today that it turns out Adam was referring to the Hidden Fortress, I breathed a huge sigh of relief...
So it was taken out of context, it is not a spoiler about Rey, and Adam is safe! Smile

I agree with what all of you are saying about the 'journalist' who wrote this. And I am quite angry at him because he caused me 24hrs of unnecessary panic ... But now all is good it seems. Smile

It also seems to me from what you have all been saying, that it is possible Pablo (and LFL) had not read (and pre-approved) the interview as it was written. So likely Pablo also had no context initially.
LesCousinsDangereux
LesCousinsDangereux
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 01 Nov 2017, 2:12 pm

LesCousinsDangereux wrote:When I saw earlier today that it turns out Adam was referring to the Hidden Fortress, I breathed a huge sigh of relief...
So it was taken out of context, it is not a spoiler about Rey, and Adam is safe! Smile

I agree with what all of you are saying about the 'journalist' who wrote this. And I am quite angry at him because he caused me 24hrs of unnecessary panic ... But now all is good it seems. Smile

It also seems to me from what you have all been saying, that it is possible Pablo (and LFL) had not read (and pre-approved) the interview as it was written. So likely Pablo also had no context initially.
@LesCousinsDangereux

Panic about what? Princess Rey is a win for Rey Palpatine theory. Doesn't affect us.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Wed 01 Nov 2017, 2:22 pm

So after all, it turns out that Kylo is the (Disney) princess. Now, that's news to me Wink.
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia Wed 01 Nov 2017, 2:32 pm

Rei of Sunshine wrote:The part with the clapper and his shoe was interesting to me.

Does it mean that Kylo ends up on the floor in one scene? That's the closest you get to a shoe, i would think.

And is it so emotional and gut wrenching that they have to do it again and again?
@Rei of Sunshine

Maybe Kylo has a fight with Luke and ends up on the floor. Or Kylo is throwing himself at Rey's (or Leia's) feet and begging for her forgiveness Smile  Or maybe Rey is hurt on the floor and Kylo is checking if she is alright (or vice versa). Or he is kneeling in front of Snoke or Rey or in front of Han's grave Crying or Very sad
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by LesCousinsDangereux Wed 01 Nov 2017, 3:11 pm

vaderito wrote:
LesCousinsDangereux wrote:When I saw earlier today that it turns out Adam was referring to the Hidden Fortress, I breathed a huge sigh of relief...

I agree with what all of you are saying about the 'journalist' who wrote this. And I am quite angry at him because he caused me 24hrs of unnecessary panic ...  But now all is good it seems. Smile

@LesCousinsDangereux

Panic about what? Princess Rey is a win for Rey Palpatine theory. Doesn't affect us.
@vaderito

Panic about AD getting into trouble (because if Rey was indeed a Princess, it was defiintely not planned/approved by LFL to leak it like that 2 months before the movie comes out).

I am not at all worried about Reylo not happening  Smile I was confident since I came out of watching TFA. Though I confess the long wait with LFL keeping their cards so close to their chest for 2 years and constanly seeing comments by Anti-Reylos saying how this is unthinkable, made me have the tiniest of doubts. But since the teaser poster came out (with only Rey Kylo and Luke on it, confirming they are the main story here), my doubts disappeared. The only way I could be more certain, is if I could telepathetcially read KK's mind.  Smile
LesCousinsDangereux
LesCousinsDangereux
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next