Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interview Revelations: "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion

+58
MoonFyre
Saracene
Darth Dementor
IoJovi
LesCousinsDangereux
rey09
Moonjump05
CienaRee
SkyStar
Reylo Lemon
SanghaRen
nite0wl29
Kylo Rey
Blood Moon
RosiePancake
panki
Mana
vaderito
EchoBase
Kyla Ren
Maria26
Anakin Skywalker
C.V
Darth_Awakened
Man Without A Star
Darth Dingbat
Night Huntress
Gemini
Lily Snape
Kylo Men
adamdrivershair
Irina de France
Lovely_Rose
ReyofLightSide
Helix
ZioRen
bashfulblueeyes3
Forsythia
reylo1992
Tex
snufkin
Rei of Sunshine
SheLitAFire
Cowgirlsamurai
AceofWands
BenRey
SoloSideCousin
DeeBee
shii405
Piper Maru
spacebaby45678
Kessel
FrolickingFizzgig
PalmettoBlue
Darth Rowan
Moonlight13
DarthRen
MrsWindu
62 posters

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

Interview Revelations:  "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion - Page 18 Empty Re: Interview Revelations: "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion

Post by vaderito Wed 01 Nov 2017, 3:13 pm

LesCousinsDangereux wrote:

Panic about AD getting into trouble (because if Rey was indeed a Princess, it was defiintely not planned/approved by LFL to leak it like that 2 months before the movie comes out).

I am not at all worried about Reylo not happening  Smile I was confident since I came out of watching TFA. Though I confess the long wait with LFL keeping their cards so close to their chest for 2 years and constanly seeing comments by Anti-Reylos saying how this is unthinkable, made me have the tiniest of doubts. But since the teaser poster came out (with only Rey Kylo and Luke on it, confirming they are the main story here), my doubts disappeared. The only way I could be more certain, is if I could telepathetcially read KK's mind.  Smile
@LesCousinsDangereux

No worries, he'll be fine. He's careful with spoilers which is why it didn't sound right that he dropped a major one.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Interview Revelations:  "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion - Page 18 Empty Re: Interview Revelations: "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion

Post by rey09 Wed 01 Nov 2017, 3:14 pm

LesCousinsDangereux wrote:
vaderito wrote:
LesCousinsDangereux wrote:When I saw earlier today that it turns out Adam was referring to the Hidden Fortress, I breathed a huge sigh of relief...
So it was taken out of context, it is not a spoiler about Rey, and Adam is safe! Smile

I agree with what all of you are saying about the 'journalist' who wrote this. And I am quite angry at him because he caused me 24hrs of unnecessary panic ...  But now all is good it seems. Smile

It also seems to me from what you have all been saying, that it is possible Pablo (and LFL) had not read (and pre-approved) the interview as it was written. So likely Pablo also had no context initially.
@LesCousinsDangereux

Panic about what? Princess Rey is a win for Rey Palpatine theory. Doesn't affect us.
@vaderito

Panic about AD getting into trouble (because if Rey was indeed a Princess, it was defiintely not planned/approved by LFL to leak it like that 2 months before the movie comes out).

I am not at all worried about Reylo not happening  Smile I was confident since I came out of watching TFA. Though I confess the long wait with LFL keeping their cards so close to their chest for 2 years and constanly seeing comments by Anti-Reylos saying how this is unthinkable, made me have the tiniest of doubts. But since the teaser poster came out (with only Rey Kylo and Luke on it, confirming they are the main story here), my doubts disappeared. The only way I could be more certain, is if I could telepathetcially read KK's mind.  Smile
@LesCousinsDangereux Reylo gets so much more certain by.the.day. Like these "chemistry" interviews are serving one major purpose- to get adam and daisy very comfortable with each other.....FOR THE INEVITABLE HOT KISS IN EPI 9!!!!

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Wed 01 Nov 2017, 3:20 pm

I thought there was little chance Adam was going to drop a major spoiler in an interview, so no surprise that he didn't.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LesCousinsDangereux Wed 01 Nov 2017, 3:26 pm

rey09 wrote:
@LesCousinsDangereux Reylo gets so much more certain by.the.day. Like these "chemistry" interviews are serving one major purpose- to get adam and daisy very comfortable with each other.....FOR THE INEVITABLE HOT KISS IN EPI 9!!!!
@rey09

I agree that the kiss will be in Episode 9 Very Happy and I would not want it sooner anyway. The kiss has to be earned and we have a long journey ahead of us. But TLJ will start setting the groundwork for this Smile
LesCousinsDangereux
LesCousinsDangereux
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Wed 01 Nov 2017, 4:01 pm

Ok a little off-topic but I just wanted to post this photo from Adam's GQ photoshoot because WOWOWOWOOOOOW  H-beating  H-beating  H-beating  H-beating
 Interview Revelations:  "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion - Page 18 Img_0013
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Wed 01 Nov 2017, 4:09 pm

@Kylo Rey

Is this legal?
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tex Wed 01 Nov 2017, 4:14 pm

Kylo Rey wrote:Ok a little off-topic but I just wanted to post this photo from Adam's GQ photoshoot because WOWOWOWOOOOOW  H-beating  H-beating  H-beating  H-beating
 Interview Revelations:  "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion - Page 18 Img_0013
@Kylo Rey

He has turned into such a fine man. Just WOW!

Stretcher
Tex
Tex
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Wed 01 Nov 2017, 4:15 pm

DarthRen wrote:@Kylo Rey

Is this legal?
@DarthRen

Huh? How do you mean?
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Wed 01 Nov 2017, 4:16 pm

Kylo Rey wrote:

Is this legal?
@DarthRen

Huh? How do you mean?
@Kylo Rey

Is it legal to look that good. It was a joke. Wink
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tex Wed 01 Nov 2017, 4:18 pm

Kylo Rey wrote:

Is this legal?
@DarthRen

Huh? How do you mean?
@Kylo Rey

Is this legal as in Adam's so f*#king hot he should be illegal!

If finding Adam smokin' hot is wrong then I don't want to right. Wowzah! Twisted Evil
Tex
Tex
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Wed 01 Nov 2017, 4:23 pm

DarthRen wrote:
Kylo Rey wrote:

Is this legal?
@DarthRen

Huh? How do you mean?
@Kylo Rey

Is it legal to look that good. It was a joke. Wink
@DarthRen

Tex wrote:
Kylo Rey wrote:

Is this legal?
@DarthRen

Huh? How do you mean?
@Kylo Rey

Is this legal as in Adam's so f*#king hot he should be illegal!

If finding Adam smokin' hot is wrong then I don't want to right. Wowzah! Twisted Evil
@Tex

Oh haha my bad that joke flew right over my head. But yes, I completely agree  cheers
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Blood Moon Wed 01 Nov 2017, 4:31 pm

I'm looking forward to these photo's, the photographer has a nice portfolio. And I love black & white photo's.
The interview wasn't bad either, except the journo's click-bait approach.
Blood Moon
Blood Moon
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv Wed 01 Nov 2017, 4:40 pm

Is this legal?
@DarthRen

Interview Revelations:  "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion - Page 18 46655640
Geralt_Riv
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Tex Wed 01 Nov 2017, 4:52 pm

Geralt_Riv wrote:

Is this legal?
@DarthRen

Interview Revelations:  "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion - Page 18 46655640
@Geralt_Riv

YES! Best use of that meme! Laughing
Tex
Tex
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Wed 01 Nov 2017, 4:55 pm

Geralt_Riv wrote:

Is this legal?
@DarthRen

@Geralt_Riv

Well played, my young padawan. Twisted Evil
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia Wed 01 Nov 2017, 4:59 pm

Is this legal?
@DarthRen

It should be illegal, because he is such a dangerous dreamboat Very Happy
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Wed 01 Nov 2017, 5:13 pm

Forsythia wrote:

Is this legal?
@DarthRen

It should be illegal, because he is such a dangerous dreamboat Very Happy
@Forsythia

Interview Revelations:  "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion - Page 18 Giphy
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Wed 01 Nov 2017, 6:02 pm

Rei of Sunshine wrote:
vaderito wrote:this is Kylo's female Alter Ago princess Yuki Akizuki:

Interview Revelations:  "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion - Page 18 Hidden-fortress-heart

That quote! How could Rey resist?
@vaderito

So he's Princess Snow (Yuki)... pair that up with your avatar. Very Happy

ETA: OMG it's canon. Kylo is Elsa
@Rei of Sunshine

Oh really!cheers cheers cheers  So if I well understand do you think guys that actually Adam was referring to Ben as the secret princess who must hide so that she can survive?

Am I not misunderstanding?  If it is so, I am really glad because to me either he was referring to Rey or to Ben. I have always loved the idea of Ben as Disney Princess.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Wed 01 Nov 2017, 7:25 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
"It was all about story and character and playing someone who doesn't have it all together. Making him as human as possible seemed dangerous and exciting to me. [...] I remember the initial conversations about having things 'skinned'. Peeling away layers to evolve into other people, and the person Kylo's pretending to be on the outside is not who he is. He's a vulnerable kid who doesn't know where to put his energy, but when he puts his mask on, suddenly he's playinga role. JJ had that idea initially and I think Rian took it to the next level." - Adam

"Adam was always pushing the context of the character. He's put in this unhealthy environment and goes through the worst of youth, the selfishness and volatility, he's representing that side of adolescence." - Rian Johnson

"It makes complete sense how juvenile he can be. You can see that with our leadership and politics. You have world leaders who you imagine--or hope and pray--are living by kind of a higher code of ethics. But it really comes down to them feeling wronged or unloved or wanting validation. [...] We talked about terrorism a lot. You have young and deeply committed people with one-sided education who think in absolutes. That is more dangerous than being evil. Kylo thinks what he's doing is entirely right, and that, in my mind, is the scariest part." - Adam
Adam confirms my theory that Kylo was based on radicalized youths. I don't think anyone's ever directly stated it before. Cool
@FrolickingFizzgig

I feel like I saw something where Adam Driver did refer to terrorism. It was a small interview setting. Maybe the back and forth he had with Michael Shannon. KK definitely implied radicalized behavior at the end of that whole "bad actions in our world are not necessarily bad things in SW world" (paraphrase). But definitely nothing as broad as British GQ.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Wed 01 Nov 2017, 8:56 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
"It was all about story and character and playing someone who doesn't have it all together. Making him as human as possible seemed dangerous and exciting to me. [...] I remember the initial conversations about having things 'skinned'. Peeling away layers to evolve into other people, and the person Kylo's pretending to be on the outside is not who he is. He's a vulnerable kid who doesn't know where to put his energy, but when he puts his mask on, suddenly he's playinga role. JJ had that idea initially and I think Rian took it to the next level." - Adam

"Adam was always pushing the context of the character. He's put in this unhealthy environment and goes through the worst of youth, the selfishness and volatility, he's representing that side of adolescence." - Rian Johnson

"It makes complete sense how juvenile he can be. You can see that with our leadership and politics. You have world leaders who you imagine--or hope and pray--are living by kind of a higher code of ethics. But it really comes down to them feeling wronged or unloved or wanting validation. [...] We talked about terrorism a lot. You have young and deeply committed people with one-sided education who think in absolutes. That is more dangerous than being evil. Kylo thinks what he's doing is entirely right, and that, in my mind, is the scariest part." - Adam
Adam confirms my theory that Kylo was based on radicalized youths. I don't think anyone's ever directly stated it before. Cool
@FrolickingFizzgig

I feel like I saw something where Adam Driver did refer to terrorism.  It was a small interview setting.  Maybe the back and forth he had with Michael Shannon.  KK definitely implied radicalized behavior at the end of that whole "bad actions in our world are not necessarily bad things in SW world" (paraphrase).  But definitely nothing as broad as British GQ.
@SoloSideCousin Yeah KK was pretty direct about it awhile ago. 

"One of the most interesting aspects of Kylo Ren is his young age. Most of the time, villains are damaged, troubled and older. Making the new Star Wars villain a 30 years old man was a captivating choice. We could take advantage from a troubled adolescence and a past we know very little about. There we could find this tension between light and dark which dominates all the Star Wars universe. We could use it as a metaphor for the path that leads a young adult to his accomplished adult life. The characters who can be drawn to the dark side and seduced by all sorts of experiences that might be dangerous are compelling for us. For today’s audience it’s an original, fascinating and appealing character.

When we look at our own lives, it all depends on the choices we’ve made. Kylo Ren seems to have taken many bad decisions, but they aren’t necessarily bad decisions within the context of Star Wars, where they can lead to almost anything. This story reflects the real world. Many kids evolve in a political environment that can be difficult to decipher, and many events suggest that people are drawn to danger, trouble and agitation. In terms of international policy, there’s a sense that we live a time full of upheavals. The political structure of the Star Wars narratives reflects this in a unique way. Kylo Ren represents this dark side of society that can be appealing when we don’t know which side to choose and right and wrong become very vague concepts. All these aspects make Kylo Ren a really complex character and offer us many different options for future plots.”

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Wed 01 Nov 2017, 9:17 pm

“The things that made it personal to me, I’ll keep to myself, but I think everybody can relate to the idea of almost being betrayed.

— Adam Driver on Kylo Ren from British GQ, Dec 2017
https://sleemo.tumblr.com/

Do you think Adam is referring to the Vader revelation or something else? Almost being betrayed, that sounds strange scratch A betrayal that was supposed to happen but didn't? Something else?
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Wed 01 Nov 2017, 10:01 pm

rey09 wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:

@FrolickingFizzgig

I feel like I saw something where Adam Driver did refer to terrorism.  It was a small interview setting.  Maybe the back and forth he had with Michael Shannon.  KK definitely implied radicalized behavior at the end of that whole "bad actions in our world are not necessarily bad things in SW world" (paraphrase).  But definitely nothing as broad as British GQ.
@SoloSideCousin Yeah KK was pretty direct about it awhile ago. 

"One of the most interesting aspects of Kylo Ren is his young age. Most of the time, villains are damaged, troubled and older. Making the new Star Wars villain a 30 years old man was a captivating choice. We could take advantage from a troubled adolescence and a past we know very little about. There we could find this tension between light and dark which dominates all the Star Wars universe. We could use it as a metaphor for the path that leads a young adult to his accomplished adult life. The characters who can be drawn to the dark side and seduced by all sorts of experiences that might be dangerous are compelling for us. For today’s audience it’s an original, fascinating and appealing character.

When we look at our own lives, it all depends on the choices we’ve made. Kylo Ren seems to have taken many bad decisions, but they aren’t necessarily bad decisions within the context of Star Wars, where they can lead to almost anything. This story reflects the real world. Many kids evolve in a political environment that can be difficult to decipher, and many events suggest that people are drawn to danger, trouble and agitation. In terms of international policy, there’s a sense that we live a time full of upheavals. The political structure of the Star Wars narratives reflects this in a unique way. Kylo Ren represents this dark side of society that can be appealing when we don’t know which side to choose and right and wrong become very vague concepts. All these aspects make Kylo Ren a really complex character and offer us many different options for future plots.”
@rey09

reylo1992 wrote:“The things that made it personal to me, I’ll keep to myself, but I think everybody can relate to the idea of almost being betrayed.

— Adam Driver on Kylo Ren from British GQ, Dec 2017
https://sleemo.tumblr.com/

Do you think Adam is referring to the Vader revelation or something else? Almost being betrayed, that sounds strange scratch A betrayal that was supposed to happen but didn't? Something else?
@reylo1992

The other interesting that I noticed in that article was the mention by Rian Johnson that Kylo "was put in this unhealthy environment and goes through the worst of youth, the selfishness and volatility, he's representing that side of adolescence." (Emphasis added).

So my question, which once we see the movie might shed light on the "almost betrayed" comment, is what "unhealthy environment" is RJ referring to? Obviously the FO is unhealthy, but I don't think that AD is talking about betrayal from the FO. That whole thing is a cluster from the get-go. I think that he is talking about a sense of betrayal from the OT3, particularly Luke. So I wonder if RJ's "unhealthy environment" refers to Luke's Dodgey Sleep-away Camp for the Force Gifted (aka Uncle Luke's Bible Camp).
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 01 Nov 2017, 10:12 pm

@SoloSideCousin - I thought the same thing too. Crazy Beatific Uncle Luke radicalized his nephew (as opposed to mine, who just acted out Mommy Dearest while babysitting me when Mom & Grandma were at the Mall)
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Wed 01 Nov 2017, 10:16 pm

snufkin wrote:@SoloSideCousin - I thought the same thing too. Crazy Beatific Uncle Luke radicalized his nephew (as opposed to mine, who just acted out Mommy Dearest while babysitting me when Mom & Grandma were at the Mall)
@snufkin

That would be interesting. Instead of helping him he made everything worse.
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 01 Nov 2017, 10:18 pm

Moonlight13 wrote:
snufkin wrote:@SoloSideCousin - I thought the same thing too. Crazy Beatific Uncle Luke radicalized his nephew (as opposed to mine, who just acted out Mommy Dearest while babysitting me when Mom & Grandma were at the Mall)
@snufkin

That would be interesting. Instead of helping him he made everything worse.
@Moonlight13

I think that’s going to be part of Leia saying she never should’ve sent him away and that Luke is a Jedi but Han is his father. Ben got pulled into whatever Luke was mixed up in and is set the stage for everything going wrong.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next