Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Social Media Reactions

+49
Blackcanary
MrsWindu
EchoBase
tukicarreno
Helix
Mana
cherrylipstick
BigDeal2187
Cowgirlsamurai
bashfulblueeyes3
snufkin
AceofWands
Darth_marshmallow
Darth Rowan
Kylo Men
Armadeus
Piper Maru
Lucina
SheLitAFire
Kylo Rey
MeadowofAshes
LesCousinsDangereux
reylo1992
PalmettoBlue
IoJovi
DarthRen
lauvamp
motherofpearl1
Night Huntress
Saracene
SkyStar
Marlow
SoloSideCousin
special_cases
Darth Dingbat
Maria26
Gemlake
Reylo Lemon
BenRey
Kessel
MyOnlyHope
vaderito
californiagirl
ZioRen
Darth_Awakened
Birdwoman
MoonFyre
ISeeAnIsland
FrolickingFizzgig
53 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Social Media Reactions - Page 5 Empty Re: Social Media Reactions

Post by Kylo Men Sun 10 Dec 2017, 10:24 am

Maria26 wrote:
Kylo Men wrote:If Collider's Kristian Harloff is wandering away in a daze, possibly contemplating a hunger strike, I think that's all I need to know.
@Kylo Men

He just said that he needed to watch it again. There is nothing wrong with that.
@Maria26

Yeah, but he could be saying "Awesome! Greatest movie ever! Luke and Rey rule the galaxy as Father and Daughter!"

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men Sun 10 Dec 2017, 10:26 am

Night Huntress wrote:
MyOnlyHope wrote:Great word, Anthony. Very layered! All of this works haha!

Social Media Reactions - Page 5 2XtTN9O
@MyOnlyHope

well, being here serves to improve my English vocabulary (because I can't bring myself to do much else today) - Thank you! Thumbs up
@Night Huntress

The thing is, when people use "tempestuous" with a man and a woman, it often has a sexual undercurrent. Han and Leia in the first half of Empire have a tempestuous relationship.

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men Sun 10 Dec 2017, 10:28 am

Sacrebleu wrote:
I do want to be petty.  I'm old enough to have seen A New Hope in its first release in theaters.  Advanced age has its privileges. Approves
@Sacrebleu

Or, as I was saying the night bin Laden was killed,

"No, I want to spike the football!"

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Sun 10 Dec 2017, 10:28 am

Kylo Men wrote:
Night Huntress wrote:
MyOnlyHope wrote:Great word, Anthony. Very layered! All of this works haha!

Social Media Reactions - Page 5 2XtTN9O
@MyOnlyHope

well, being here serves to improve my English vocabulary (because I can't bring myself to do much else today) - Thank you! Thumbs up
@Night Huntress

The thing is, when people use "tempestuous" with a man and a woman, it often has a sexual undercurrent. Han and Leia in the first half of Empire have a tempestuous relationship.
@Kylo Men

Oh, wow- that's even better than I thought... *fansherself* Embarassed
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_marshmallow Sun 10 Dec 2017, 10:32 am

Lucina wrote:Social Media Reactions - Page 5 Bildsc11
@Lucina

I tried to stay away but couldn't help myself! I'm so happy right now cheers
Darth_marshmallow
Darth_marshmallow
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Sun 10 Dec 2017, 10:34 am

Darth Rowan wrote:
Kylo Men wrote:If Collider's Kristian Harloff is wandering away in a daze, possibly contemplating a hunger strike, I think that's all I need to know.
@Kylo Men

Social Media Reactions - Page 5 Giphy

This is just so satisfying.  Twisted Evil  

I don't want to be petty (too late!) but I am so, so glad to hear that Harloff/Collider weren't thrilled with TLJ. If they had loved it, that would have been a huge red flag for me.

Social Media Reactions - Page 5 Giphy
@Darth Rowan

[ACTUAL FOOTAGE OF A TRIGGERED KRISTIAN HARLOFF WHILE WATCHING TLJ]

Social Media Reactions - Page 5 Tumblr14
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AceofWands Sun 10 Dec 2017, 10:42 am

Lucina wrote:

So far Harloff seems to be the only one from Collider who is unsure about the movie. The other responses were overall positive:

Social Media Reactions - Page 5 Bildsc13
Social Media Reactions - Page 5 Bildsc12
Social Media Reactions - Page 5 Bildsc15
@Lucina

They had a couple meh reviews, in comparison with the overwhelmingly positive response from other people in the media.

Like seriously, complaining it's slower paced than TFA? TFA was way too fast paced for a SW movie.
AceofWands
AceofWands
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucina Sun 10 Dec 2017, 11:04 am

Another reaction:

Social Media Reactions - Page 5 Bildsc16
Social Media Reactions - Page 5 Bildsc18
Social Media Reactions - Page 5 Bildsc17
Social Media Reactions - Page 5 Bildsc19
Social Media Reactions - Page 5 Bildsc20

The words used to describe their dynamic become more and more complicated lol!

Social Media Reactions - Page 5 Bildsc21
Lucina
Lucina
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Sun 10 Dec 2017, 11:20 am

This is my new favorite thread.

Guys, I'm gonna have heart problems waiting until Thursday. Stretcher
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LesCousinsDangereux Sun 10 Dec 2017, 11:55 am

MyOnlyHope wrote:
Maria26 wrote:
@Kylo Men

He just said that he needed to watch it again. There is nothing wrong with that.
@Maria26
He seems very unsure. He clearly did not get what he wanted or expected. We're talking about a HUGE Reywalker, anti-Kylo, anti-Reylo, anti-redemptionist here. The more uncertain he is about the movie, the better.
@MyOnlyHope

I do not watch collider, as I do not find their discussions at all interesting (and not just because I have different preferences, favourites and wishes than they do. If they had some interesting or insightful thouhts, comments or ideas, it would be a different case). It seems to me they just go on about how eg. they would love Luke to kick some a** with his green lightsaber and defeat Snoke, Kylo or the KoR, and their reasoning is because they so want it so much and it would be so cool, hence it must happen in the movie.

And I confess I am also a bit peeved and feel that the world is an unfair place, when so many SW fanboys get invited to the premiere instead of us. When it turns out, that we (Reylo fans) are the only ones that actually understand StarWars! Smile

Last edited by LesCousinsDangereux on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 11:58 am; edited 2 times in total
LesCousinsDangereux
LesCousinsDangereux
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Sun 10 Dec 2017, 11:55 am

MyOnlyHope wrote:
Maria26 wrote:
@Kylo Men

@Maria26
He seems very unsure. He clearly did not get what he wanted or expected. We're talking about a HUGE Reywalker, anti-Kylo, anti-Reylo, anti-redemptionist here. The more uncertain he is about the movie, the better.
@MyOnlyHope

While we here are definitely not on the same page as Harloff, as someone who sometimes watches Jedi Council (which can admittedly be kind of eye-rolling), you guys are being a little too harsh on him. He hasn't been a Reywalker for a long time, was on the Kenobi train for a good while, and more recently was into that popular Battlefront II theory. He doesn't hate Kylo, eventually came to accept RJ's comments about how he is co-protagonist. I guess he's anti-Reylo if he never brings it up?

My issues with his theorizing were mostly in regards to Luke, who the entirety of Collider is way too obsessed with. He thought the second act they haven't shown in the marketing would involve Luke going off with Rey on some adventure, totally missing both that relationship and the fact it would give a supporting character way too much screen time. And of course, "igniting the green" is the main concern the whole crew over there have, and I just think, the priorities these people have! Laughing
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sun 10 Dec 2017, 11:57 am

@Kylo Men

You've really been on fire with the hilarious posts this morning. Laughing
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sun 10 Dec 2017, 11:59 am

LesCousinsDangereux wrote:
MyOnlyHope wrote:
Maria26 wrote:
@Kylo Men

@Maria26
@MyOnlyHope

I do not watch collider, as I do not find their discussions at all interesting (and not just because I have different preferences, favourites and wishes than they do. If they had some interesting or insightful thouhts, comments or ideas, it would be a different case). It seems to me they just go on about how eg. they would love Luke to kick some a** with his green lightsaber and defeat Snoke, Kylo or the KoR, and their reasoning is because they so want it so much, hence it must happen in the movie.

And I confess I am also a bit peeved and feel that the world is an unfair place, when so many SW fanboys get invited to the premiere instead of us. When it turns out, that we (Reylo fans) are the only ones that actually understand StarWars! Smile
@LesCousinsDangereux

I want to give a big freaking amen to this post. Although, the fan art chosen to be shown had incredible Reylo undertones, but still. I know exactly what you mean.

IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Sun 10 Dec 2017, 12:04 pm

LesCousinsDangereux wrote:
MyOnlyHope wrote:
Maria26 wrote:
@Kylo Men

@Maria26
@MyOnlyHope

I do not watch collider, as I do not find their discussions at all interesting (and not just because I have different preferences, favourites and wishes than they do. If they had some interesting or insightful thouhts, comments or ideas, it would be a different case). It seems to me they just go on about how eg. they would love Luke to kick some a** with his green lightsaber and defeat Snoke, Kylo or the KoR, and their reasoning is because they so want it so much and it would be so cool, hence it must happen in the movie.

@LesCousinsDangereux

Maybe that will change by the premiere of Episode IX, because based on some of the reactions we're seeing, there are new Reylo converts who hadn't even known Reylo was a thing!
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 10 Dec 2017, 12:11 pm

OK I'm weak too. Or turns out the blocker I'm running is working on my phone but something's up with my MacBook Air and I couldn't resist looking while trying to fix it. But whatever, we're all weak, right??? It sounds like anybody who was actually at the premiere is being positive but vague to keep things a surprise for most of the fans and general audience (we're probably more ahead of the curve). These are general enough to be exciting but not specific enough to ruin the surprise.

@SoloSideCousin - She's a great writer! And back after TFA's premiere, she finished her review and discussion about Rey as a heroine with this line and gif (cough)

As for Rey herself, well, her future is best left a mystery for now. Carrie Fisher predicts romance is in the cards. “I’m looking forward to your space kiss,” she told Ridley. “You’re going to have to have one. Every girl does.” Well there’s nothing wrong with a space kiss or two, I suppose. Just as long as we remember who’s the love interest and who’s the hero.

Social Media Reactions - Page 5 11-rey10

@Kylo Men - That's a Hell of a word to choose because this is his parents - a spark between two strong-willed and smart people. And they've used the phrase "push-pull" in other articles discussing how they relate to each other. Kylo legit seems to think he's being chivalrous in spiriting Rey away from those dirtbags she hangs out with and can't understand why this garbage picker keeps insulting him instead of being flattered by his attention and deferring to his authority. He, in turn, makes her furious (even before he murders Han and attacks Finn) and she goads him into taking his mask with insults like calling him a creature. Even more so when she calls him a monster. She's very good at getting under his skin. Sound familiar?

while Han is attracted to Leia almost immediately, the core of their screwball banter is her assumption of command and his allergy to it. “Listen. I don’t know who you are, or where you came from, but from now on, you do as I tell you. Okay?” Leia tells Han early in the rescue. “Look, Your Worshipfulness, let’s get one thing straight! I take orders from one person! Me!” Han snaps at her, trying to reassert the proper order of things. But Leia gives him a dead-eyed stare and tells him, “It’s a wonder you’re still alive.” Barbara Stanwyck couldn’t have delivered the line better.

The slight difference with these two is that they don't have Howard Hawks or Thin Man style screwball dialogue, at least not yet. Somebody here early on made the observation that if something was to go down between the two of them, it'd be more in the vein of a painfully earnest and angst-ridden first love (though I'd still say Finn counts at least as the innocent first love/crush of childhood while Ben is more complex and mature as part of her leaving that part of her life behind to become an adult). It's been conveyed through their body language. Which probably is easier to spot on home video than in the theater, but this moment - she's so angry, disgusted, and yet her lower lip wobbles like she's going to start crying in response to how he's looking at her. Something more is going on beneath the surface that just two enemies or she hates him for killing his father, she's heartbroken and disappointed in him. Poor Finn is the 3rd wheel at that couple's fight, she looks like she's about ready to throw a plate at his head and start slamming doors before she tries to shoot him.

Social Media Reactions - Page 5 Tumblr_o8e8v4c5Du1t3n54uo2_500

Also in regards to his parents' relationship being tempetuous, it's again the clash between how two people see each other and prod one another into changing/living up to that part. Han may act otherwise, but it bothers him how Leia isn't impressed by him and isn't shy about expressing her opinion. Especially when it's in contrast to her own moral code. And vice-versa with when he tries to push her on admitting that her feelings/opinion about him because her all-business demenor isn't healthy. What we'd hope (and I did spot a mention of my boy Kasdan, who wrote them at the premiere) is something similiar between these two characters.

It helps that the movie regularly lets Leia be correct. When Han congratulates himself on “not a bad bit of rescuing,” it’s Leia who recognizes that Vader and company let them escape. After the Battle of Yavin, when Han comes back to provide cover for Luke’s run, Leia tells him, delighted, “I knew there was more to you than money.” Han deflects, but Leia’s willingness to see the best in him, and Han’s desire to live up to her belief in him, will prove one of the two pillars of the relationship to come.

The other is Han’s recognition that Leia is, as Meghan O’Keefe puts it in a celebration of Solo’s feminism, “more than a princess; she’s a person.” Yes, it’s slightly ridiculous in “Empire Strikes Back” that he tries to pry a confession of affection out of her on Hoth, as Leia is trying to manage an evacuation with just an ion cannon for defense. But Han’s not wrong that if Leia doesn’t figure out that she’s a person with needs, she’s going to burn out with all the speed of a lightsaber slicing neatly through flesh. In a way, it’s an early confession of love: Han’s anxious about the bounty hunters who are still pursuing him, and he’s not exactly prepared to declare himself an idealist. But he would stay and give his love and support to Leia if she could just acknowledge that she needs him. Han is starting to believe in her importance, if yet not in his own.

Also once we got confirmation around these parts early on that there would be the 3 of them filming in Ireland, the immediate conclusion was that it'd be like The Tempest, including an exiled powerful old wizard, a handsome prince allied with the people who betrayed the wizard/resentful and plotting monster who was the Wizard's servant, and a young woman who is desired by both the prince and the monster and whose choices set the stage for a resolution of past wrongs.

Last edited by snufkin on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 12:46 pm; edited 3 times in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOnlyHope Sun 10 Dec 2017, 12:18 pm

Social Media Reactions - Page 5 ZlTshCw
MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 10 Dec 2017, 12:32 pm

In regards to anybody playing the "I have spoilers" game, seriously just ignore them unless it's for the entertainment value of far-fetched and ridiculous theories. Part of why I have been staying away is that I get second-hand exhaustion seeing how it can make the waiting and anxiety worse. And two other things to keep in mind:

1. Regardless of the different nationalities here and different political situations going on in our own countries, you see so much of that behavior on social media. Which people get pulled into because they either like the attention, are trying to mess with people, or they're so caught up that they want to believe. Which is why you get supposed anonymous insider Twitter accounts with the supposed 'real deal' about politics. Same goes for this situation, just that people are chasing after the truth of the storyline and characters.

2. You all had to have had at least that one friend as a child at your primary school who always went on about their birthday party and who was/wasn't going to be invited, right? The kid who holds that carrot over everybody's head to get attention and manipulate everybody else? Even if somebody got into an early screening, it's pretty s*** that they're engaging in that type of behavior.

tl:dr - I'd say stick to the generalities (we get more intense one-on-one weird intimacy and snarking between space nerds who are so not Reylated) of the social media response and wait until somebody you trust, specifically people from this forum, who've had a chance to see the movie.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru Sun 10 Dec 2017, 12:35 pm

MyOnlyHope wrote:Social Media Reactions - Page 5 ZlTshCw
@MyOnlyHope

See? This is what a solid reaction/"spoiler" looks like.

Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Sun 10 Dec 2017, 12:49 pm

Piper Maru wrote:
MyOnlyHope wrote:Social Media Reactions - Page 5 ZlTshCw
@MyOnlyHope

See? This is what a solid reaction/"spoiler" looks like.

@Piper Maru

Knowing that hardcore fanboys are going to hate it gives me life
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sun 10 Dec 2017, 1:31 pm

Wow, I'm soooo shocked that Terry Schwartz woman was dogpiled and abused as soon as she said she came out shipping Reylo.

Social Media Reactions - Page 5 OGu5G2d

Social Media Reactions - Page 5 7cbeOLn
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru Sun 10 Dec 2017, 1:38 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:Wow, I'm soooo shocked that Terry Schwartz woman was dogpiled and abused as soon as she said she came out shipping Reylo.

Social Media Reactions - Page 5 OGu5G2d

Social Media Reactions - Page 5 7cbeOLn
@FrolickingFizzgig

Wow, I LOVED this.

I can't wait for this movie, it's going to be awesome.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 10 Dec 2017, 1:42 pm

Honestly KK's Japan press conference comment about how the most shocking part is Rey's character arc and her relationship with Kylo + the NYT group interview where Oscar Isaac and John Boyega gush about the character/performance = it's going to be f**king amazing in my mind. Like that says more to me in terms of what to expect, though social media news certainly is making me more looking forward to it.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru Sun 10 Dec 2017, 1:45 pm

snufkin wrote:Honestly KK's Japan press conference comment about how the most shocking part is Rey's character arc and her relationship with Kylo + the NYT group interview where Oscar Isaac and John Boyega gush about the character/performance = it's going to be f**king amazing in my mind. Like that says more to me in terms of what to expect, though social media news certainly is making me more looking forward to it.
@snufkin

Tell me about it.

And I love how Daisy gave hints during the last two years, how she was afraid of people reacting to her character after TLJ and how she was insecure at first when she read the script.

Turns out it was not PR talk, Rey does make interesting (and questionable) choices.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 10 Dec 2017, 1:54 pm

@Piper Maru - it's so bizarre that people would turn on Rey for stepping outside of the good girl box they've put her in when you have Leia being a feminist icon who's also banging the problematic bad boy character who's a smuggler, liar, cheat, and murderer.

Yeah I read that NYT article and while sure, it's his friends/coworkers giving him props because he sounds like a modest person by nature, Oscar Isaac just killed at supposedly the best version of Hamlet in recent history. And is the guy who gets called probably one of the single best actors of this era. He's not just being nice to his friend, if he's at that level and expressing admiration mixed with envy, it means something amazing.

Oh guys, by the way, from what I remember when it came out, Collider HATED Looper and nitpicked over how issues like Time Travel and the timelines played out. Versus just paying attention to old Joe's line and knowing that RJ's MO is that the genre is the setting, but the actual film is about the characters and their relationships/working out issues. So I can see how they couldn't exactly wrap their brains around what happened.

Last edited by snufkin on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sun 10 Dec 2017, 1:59 pm

Guys, it seems that LF is on it with fakes. They will not let spoilers reach us before confusing us. So we only have reactions and common sense to go by.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next