Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Social Media Reactions

+49
Blackcanary
MrsWindu
EchoBase
tukicarreno
Helix
Mana
cherrylipstick
BigDeal2187
Cowgirlsamurai
bashfulblueeyes3
snufkin
AceofWands
Darth_marshmallow
Darth Rowan
Kylo Men
Armadeus
Piper Maru
Lucina
SheLitAFire
Kylo Rey
MeadowofAshes
LesCousinsDangereux
reylo1992
PalmettoBlue
IoJovi
DarthRen
lauvamp
motherofpearl1
Night Huntress
Saracene
SkyStar
Marlow
SoloSideCousin
special_cases
Darth Dingbat
Maria26
Gemlake
Reylo Lemon
BenRey
Kessel
MyOnlyHope
vaderito
californiagirl
ZioRen
Darth_Awakened
Birdwoman
MoonFyre
ISeeAnIsland
FrolickingFizzgig
53 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Social Media Reactions - Page 8 Empty Re: Social Media Reactions

Post by SheLitAFire Wed 10 Jan 2018, 1:23 pm

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
Saracene wrote:I get the intent of Canto Bight, but I didn't really need to see the class struggle in the OT to get behind the Rebel cause. We know already that they're the good guys.

Also, you could cut the stable kids from the middle of the film entirely, and still get across the point about grassroots rebellion and ordinary people inspired by Luke's last stand-off. We didn't really need to meet them first earlier in the film.

And Rose's kiss did come out of nowhere and IMO is a prime example of why so many people roll their eyes at the onscreen romance. It totally felt like an *insert kiss here* kind of moment.
@Saracene

I heard people in the theater laugh a few times at that kiss. The mine door blows open and then Rose just leans in...and passes out. Finn looks as confused as the rest of us are.
@Cowgirlsamurai

Lol even my dad was like "worst on screen kiss ever" and laughed really loud in the theater
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Wed 10 Jan 2018, 1:28 pm

SheLitAFire wrote:
Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
Saracene wrote:I get the intent of Canto Bight, but I didn't really need to see the class struggle in the OT to get behind the Rebel cause. We know already that they're the good guys.

Also, you could cut the stable kids from the middle of the film entirely, and still get across the point about grassroots rebellion and ordinary people inspired by Luke's last stand-off. We didn't really need to meet them first earlier in the film.

And Rose's kiss did come out of nowhere and IMO is a prime example of why so many people roll their eyes at the onscreen romance. It totally felt like an *insert kiss here* kind of moment.
@Saracene

I heard people in the theater laugh a few times at that kiss. The mine door blows open and then Rose just leans in...and passes out. Finn looks as confused as the rest of us are.
@Cowgirlsamurai

Lol even my dad was like "worst on screen kiss ever" and laughed really loud in the theater
@SheLitAFire

There was no tension leading up to it... at all.
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Wed 10 Jan 2018, 2:26 pm

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
SheLitAFire wrote:
Cowgirlsamurai wrote:

@Saracene

@Cowgirlsamurai

@SheLitAFire

@Cowgirlsamurai

They preferred safety over dangerous romance
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Wed 10 Jan 2018, 2:43 pm

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
SheLitAFire wrote:
Cowgirlsamurai wrote:

@Saracene

@Cowgirlsamurai

@SheLitAFire

@Cowgirlsamurai

I think there's great comical chemistry between John and Kelly, I actually really enjoyed their first encounter where she fangirls over him, but I don't really sense any romantic/sexual attraction chemistry between them (actors or characters). Very different than Adam & Daisy/Ben & Rey, where it's pretty apparent.
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Jan 2018, 3:43 pm

Saracene wrote:Wasn't there a cut scene which implied that Rose was looking jealous of Rey when Finn was talking about her? That at least would have given some indication that Rose was beginning to see Finn in a romantic light.

But I guess we can't have a scene which shows our inspirational female character in a non-complimentary way, even if it's just a normal human feeling. Instead we have this WTF kiss.
@Saracene

I have to admit I'm very glad they cut that scene. We have so many blockbusters/other media outlets where whenever women interact, they are jealous of each other or they are jealous of their LI mentioning another girl platonic friend or no. So for me, it was quite refreshing not to see any jealously and I hope it means Rey and Rose can become friends in IX with no jealously over Finn involved.

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Wed 10 Jan 2018, 4:46 pm

SheLitAFire wrote:
Cowgirlsamurai wrote:

@Saracene

@Cowgirlsamurai

@SheLitAFire

No, this is the Worst On Screen Kiss Ever, which is even more tragic because it's a friggin' great movie, and Pam Grier and Robert Forster had amazing chemistry and great UST throughout the movie until...this happened:

ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Wed 10 Jan 2018, 4:50 pm

AppleCrumble122 wrote:
Saracene wrote:Wasn't there a cut scene which implied that Rose was looking jealous of Rey when Finn was talking about her? That at least would have given some indication that Rose was beginning to see Finn in a romantic light.

But I guess we can't have a scene which shows our inspirational female character in a non-complimentary way, even if it's just a normal human feeling. Instead we have this WTF kiss.
@Saracene

I have to admit I'm very glad they cut that scene. We have so many blockbusters/other media outlets where whenever women interact, they are jealous of each other or they are jealous of their LI mentioning another girl platonic friend or no. So for me, it was quite refreshing not to see any jealously and I hope it means Rey and Rose can become friends in IX with no jealously over Finn involved.
@AppleCrumble122

I'm hoping for Rey and Rose to become friends as well, but I do think that this series is overdoing it with "women are perfect, noble and a shining example of all that's good, unless they're 100% evil like Phasma", while men are flawed, interesting and complicated. I kinda roll my eyes at the articles praising TLJ for "complicated" female characters. Really? What's so complicated about Rose, Holdo or Rey for that matter? Even Rey's biggest failure in TLJ springs from the noblest intentions.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Wed 10 Jan 2018, 4:51 pm

What was that???!!!  When they were not kissing it was better. LOL!

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Wed 10 Jan 2018, 5:22 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
SheLitAFire wrote:
Cowgirlsamurai wrote:

@Saracene

@Cowgirlsamurai

@SheLitAFire

No, this is the Worst On Screen Kiss Ever, which is even more tragic because it's a friggin' great movie, and Pam Grier and Robert Forster had amazing chemistry and great UST throughout the movie until...this happened:

@ISeeAnIsland

Ha! actually that whole clip made me cringe lol
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Wed 10 Jan 2018, 5:42 pm

SheLitAFire wrote:
Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
SheLitAFire wrote:
Cowgirlsamurai wrote:

@Saracene

@Cowgirlsamurai

@SheLitAFire

@Cowgirlsamurai

I think there's great comical chemistry between John and Kelly, I actually really enjoyed their first encounter where she fangirls over him, but I don't really sense any romantic/sexual attraction chemistry between them (actors or characters). Very different than Adam & Daisy/Ben & Rey, where it's pretty apparent.
@SheLitAFire

I was scrolling through my tumblr dash the other day and came across the clip of the "You are a monster. Yes I am." scene. I played it without the volume and it was absolutely crazy how much sexual tension was coming through with that scene. The way Kylo walks slowly and suggestively towards Rey and his intense, dark gaze fixed on her - it was crazy. The chemistry and tension between those two is insane.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Wed 10 Jan 2018, 5:48 pm

Kylo Rey wrote:
SheLitAFire wrote:
Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
SheLitAFire wrote:
Cowgirlsamurai wrote:

@Saracene

@Cowgirlsamurai

@SheLitAFire

@Cowgirlsamurai

@SheLitAFire

I was scrolling through my tumblr dash the other day and came across the clip of the "You are a monster. Yes I am." scene. I played it without the volume and it was absolutely crazy how much sexual tension was coming through with that scene. The way Kylo walks slowly and suggestively towards Rey and his intense, dark gaze fixed on her - it was crazy. The chemistry and tension between those two is insane.
@Kylo Rey

I just saw TLJ again today. The UST in that scene is off-the-charts. And then his lip trembles at the end. Like, duh, of course his glove is wet after that.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Wed 10 Jan 2018, 6:00 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
Kylo Rey wrote:
SheLitAFire wrote:
Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
SheLitAFire wrote:
Cowgirlsamurai wrote:

@Saracene

@Cowgirlsamurai

@SheLitAFire

@Cowgirlsamurai

@SheLitAFire

@Kylo Rey

I just saw TLJ again today.  The UST in that scene is off-the-charts. And then his lip trembles at the end. Like, duh, of course his glove is wet after that.
@ISeeAnIsland

Rian literally hits you over the head with it in this film and yet some people still think they're related, WTF??? If TFA and TLJ have taught me anything is that modern audiences are so used to dumbed down shlock that any nuances and subtlety fly over their heads. And Reylo in TLJ wasn't even subtle!!! I seriously get creeped out by people even thinking that they're related now. I just think "I hope you don't have any siblings because that is NOT how I would ever in a million years interact with my younger brothers."
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8