Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Jedi: Our Reviews and Reactions

+99
colibri
Jozie
Miyu
BenRey
Man Without A Star
Kylo Men
reylodownlo
teltaru
Aphelionna
rey09
Sforza
Jakku
KnightsofReylo_2015
ISeeAnIsland
BigDeal2187
PalmettoBlue
lauvamp
grimbergen
guardienne
SheLitAFire
Lucina
Irina de France
Acritiqua
Darth Dementor
snufkin
LesCousinsDangereux
LadyHa
Reynak
SoloSideCousin
IoJovi
fuhry
DarthRen
Mana
Xylo Ren
Kessel
jakkusun
Tex
tukicarreno
thescavenger
Krafty
Anakin Skywalker
Little_Boots
Moonlight13
shii405
MyOnlyHope
madeinmn
Maria26
SanghaRen
AnneNeville
Forsythia
ReyofLightSide
Birdwoman
MeadowofAshes
CienaRee
nite0wl29
Wizzia
nonesuch
Atenais
Gemini
Saracene
Gemlake
Piper Maru
Airemyn
MrsWindu
Teo oswald
Armadeus
Rimfaxe96
AhsokaTano
SkyStar
panki
Reylo Lemon
DeeBee
Night Huntress
unicorn
Moonjump05
bashfulblueeyes3
EchoBase
Darth_Awakened
Geralt_Riv
rawpowah
cherrylipstick
Blood Moon
Meomeo
FrolickingFizzgig
Rei of Sunshine
ZioRen
motherofpearl1
Cowgirlsamurai
Yuugi
Ynqve
vaderito
special_cases
RosiePancake
Darth_marshmallow
Helix
reylo1992
Darth Dingbat
liveinsummee
Darth Rowan
103 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Last Jedi: Our Reviews and Reactions - Page 19 Empty Re: The Last Jedi: Our Reviews and Reactions

Post by AnneNeville Fri 15 Dec 2017, 10:42 am

Kessel wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
Piper Maru wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:I wonder if after all this, Kylo will find that his confrontation with Luke was cathartic.
@AnneNeville

It was to me. When he blew the s*** out of hologram Luke it was so relaxing.
@Piper Maru

My girlfriend had the same reaction and I quote: Poe, Luke, Leia or well everyone can choke on waffles. Just to save BB-8.
@DarthRen

I admit, I don't even really care about the Resistance, except BB-8 (I agree with your GF). I was so annoyed when Rey left with them. Boring and predictable.

Don't get me wrong, I actually like Poe, Finn, etc., but I don't like the main story revolving around the Resistance. Rey being with them is boring.
@Kessel

Alt ending: Rey rescues the resistance, then remains behind on Crait to find Kylo. The spark or the resistance has survived, now the spark of hope in Kylo must, too.
AnneNeville
AnneNeville
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi: Our Reviews and Reactions - Page 19 Empty Re: The Last Jedi: Our Reviews and Reactions

Post by fuhry Fri 15 Dec 2017, 10:42 am

I see a lot of people are pissed at Luke. I got the impression that he was disturbed by the darkness he felt in Kylo, and he went to go probe into his mind to understand it because he feared it. There, he saw Snoke's influence and became overwhelmed with fear that he could not do anything to stop Kylo's fall. So he lit up his lightsaber.... but did he really attack Kylo? I don't think he really did. But he did enough to make Kylo think that he did, and that was enough for Kylo to lash out escape with the students that would follow him. I think it was a misunderstanding, it was a moment of panic and fear on Luke's part, and it happened to be the moment when Snoke's corruption of Ben consummated. Luke could have handled it better and he surely fucked up, but c'mon, Snoke is the enemy here.
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Fri 15 Dec 2017, 10:43 am

@Darthdingbat
All of my general audience friends, which include lots of women, love this film.  That is what I am reading in my facebook feed and twitter.

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Mana Fri 15 Dec 2017, 10:44 am

Wtf?
Damerey is NOT happening lol.
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Fri 15 Dec 2017, 10:44 am

This movie made a lot of fans to appreciate Kylux ship.

Think about it, Hux hates Kylo, Kylo used the force on him and Hux still remained by his side. The definition of true love in a very unexpected and weird way. Vaderio was right when said that this is a big win for them.

Must admit, kinda root for them as a power couple. I found that bizarre before the movie. We need Milliscent. lol!
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru Fri 15 Dec 2017, 10:45 am

Meomeo wrote:I actually think the 2nd memorable character in this movie, after Kylo/Ben... is Rey. The way she goes straight to Snoke's ship shows that she is naive and reckless, which is compelling if we talk about a hot-blooded protagonist. She is young and idealistic, I think this shows her flaws but also makes her more loveable.
@Meomeo

Yeeees, she is so idealistic and optimistic and that's her downfall. It's so sad, because people keep telling her to let go and she is like "NOPE, I'M A HERO AND I NEED TO SAVE EVERYONE". She was heartbroken because of her ideals. Even Leia at the beginning says something about heroes and how this whole "being a hero" thing is bullshit.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Fri 15 Dec 2017, 10:46 am

Birdwoman wrote:@Darthdingbat
All of my general audience friends, which include lots of women, love this film.  That is what I am reading in my facebook feed and twitter.
@Birdwoman

This is true. I just saw a couple of my FB friends - who just watched it last night - comment on how great it is.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Fri 15 Dec 2017, 10:48 am

Piper Maru wrote:
MeadowofAshes wrote:
Piper Maru wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:I wonder if after all this, Kylo will find that his confrontation with Luke was cathartic.
@AnneNeville

It was to me. When he blew the s*** out of hologram Luke it was so relaxing.
@Piper Maru

You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain. Last night I lived long enough to see myself cheer the Supreme Renperor as he had an unholy meltdown. "Blow this piece of junk out of the sky!"
@MeadowofAshes

I know we are all rooting for his redemption, but honestly, his roaring rampage was SO cathartic.

He was like "f**** this all, f**** these people, f**** this movie, f**** everything, BURN IT ALL DOWN BECAUSE EVERYTHING SUCKS".
@Piper Maru

I find Kylo seeing how miserable Rey is with Poe through their bond cathartic. He pops in and Boyfriend!Poe's being a narcissistic s***head to her. First Ben's terribly hurt, but then it's satisfying in a bitter way. She and Renperor end up having hatesex through the bond because she took the beauty that was First Time Lovemaking in the Hut and threw it the hell away. Think I'm gonna go write some fanfic to deal with this sith.

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Fri 15 Dec 2017, 10:52 am

Meomeo wrote:
DarthRen wrote:When i think about Rian's words, as a big fan of Kylo ... we are suppose to root for him, not the Resistance. I certainly do my Supreme Leader Ren, I love when Hux adressed him that way.
@DarthRen
You know I HATED Kylo Ren after The Force Awakens. I thought he was Rey's evil brother. But now I LOVE KYLO/BEN.

I thought Poe was good, but now I can't stand Poe and I hope Rey will have no relation to Poe at all.
@Meomeo

I hope she is miserable with him or anyone else. That serves her well and same for Kylo. Then they shall be miserable together through their force bond. Complaining about Poe and Hux.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 15 Dec 2017, 10:55 am

fuhry wrote:I see a lot of people are pissed at Luke.  I got the impression that he was disturbed by the darkness he felt in Kylo, and he went to go probe into his mind to understand it because he feared it.  There, he saw Snoke's influence and became overwhelmed with fear that he could not do anything to stop Kylo's fall.  So he lit up his lightsaber.... but did he really attack Kylo?  I don't think he really did.  But he did enough to make Kylo think that he did, and that was enough for Kylo to lash out escape with the students that would follow him.   I think it was a misunderstanding, it was a moment of panic and fear on Luke's part, and it happened to be the moment when Snoke's corruption of Ben consummated.  Luke could have handled it better and he surely fucked up, but c'mon, Snoke is the enemy here.
@fuhry

That's much worse than outright trying to kill him. It's a cop out, a half-arsed solution that flirts with Bad Luke for a moment and then dumps the responsibility onto Ben for "misinterpreting" his uncle's intention. It's Anakin Force-choking pregnant Padme and then her dying cause she lost the will to live. Garbage writing through and through cause it has no guts to go through with the idea to the fullest. Luke was Bad or he wasn't. Do or do not.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Fri 15 Dec 2017, 10:58 am

Kessel wrote:
DarthRen wrote:When i think about Rian's words, as a big fan of Kylo ... we are suppose to root for him, not the Resistance. I certainly do my Supreme Leader Ren, I love when Hux adressed him that way.
@DarthRen

Which reminds me how Kylo has zero allies, none. Hux is looking for any opportunity to off him. He better off Hux first.
@Kessel

I can see a time jump and that means they have to work together. Hux will have to undermine him slowly but maybe there will be a twist and this is the love story of this saga. Laughing

Yeah, it's going with a boring and predictable route. Nothing new, edgy in that regard. I'm guessing Kylo and Rey will fight, so called good guys win the Resistance and they live happily ever after.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Fri 15 Dec 2017, 11:00 am

DarthRen wrote:
Kessel wrote:
@DarthRen

Which reminds me how Kylo has zero allies, none. Hux is looking for any opportunity to off him. He better off Hux first.
@Kessel

I can see a time jump and that means they have to work together. Hux will have to undermine him slowly but maybe there will be a twist and this is the love story of this saga. Laughing

Yeah, it's going with a boring and predictable route. Nothing new, edgy in that regard. I'm guessing Kylo and Rey will fight, so called good guys win the Resistance and they live happily ever after.
@DarthRen

Even if Hux works with Kylo for now, he will betray him the first chance he gets in Episode IX. He wants to get rid of him, hence the scene where he was taking out his blaster to shoot him, but stopped when Kylo woke up.

There's no love lost between those two.

As for Episode IX, I hope there's more to it then Rey's Resistance vs. Renperor's FO. Sleep

Last edited by Kessel on Fri 15 Dec 2017, 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneNeville Fri 15 Dec 2017, 11:01 am

I trust Kylo's version more than Luke's. Once you ignite a lightsaber over someone, there's no taking it back. A moment of weakness is a thought. Drawing a weapon is action.

If you wake in the night to someone holding a pillow just above your face, you can't excuse it.
AnneNeville
AnneNeville
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Fri 15 Dec 2017, 11:03 am

Kessel wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
Kessel wrote:
@DarthRen

@Kessel

@DarthRen

Even if Hux works with Kylo for now, he will betray him the first chance he gets in Episode IX. He wants to get rid of him, hence the scene where he was taking out his blaster to shoot him, but stopped when Kylo woke up.

There's no love lost between those two.
@Kessel

I know, just joking with it. They'll destroy FO from within.

About damerrey you've asked, it wasn't just one scene but I don't even wanna think about it. Makes me angry and dissapointed.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide Fri 15 Dec 2017, 11:06 am

I saw the move twice yesterday. I like the idea that we leave the theater feeling like Kylo. Everyone turned away from him. Everyone. His own mother. His mother! And then the love of his life.

Guys, we didn't get Kylo-the-mustache-twirling-villian in that final scene  of him.  We got someone broken and human. He got what he wanted and it wasn't what he wanted at all. He thought killing Han was the answer- nope. He thought doubling down on Renperor would be- he quickly saw that- nope, not that either.

Yeah they pulled the rug out from us but I don't know what else Rey could have done. Kylo became unhinged. She hesitates in that last scene but then gets resolve and shuts the door. Reylo is not dead by any means. They show us that by showing Snoke did not manipulate the Force bond. They are destiny. It is just going to be dark and messy getting there. Kylo is not going to get rewarded for bad behavior from Rey.

And I agree with something from tumblr- what did Rey see in the future vision of Ben that made her fly across the galaxy to him? It must have been powerful AF.

Last edited by ReyofLightSide on Fri 15 Dec 2017, 11:36 am; edited 2 times in total
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry Fri 15 Dec 2017, 11:08 am

Darth Dingbat wrote:
fuhry wrote:My Stepson and son thought it was the greatest movie ever made, but I came away thinking it was not as good as TFA.
@fuhry

Sorry for snipping out the rest of your message, but that's interesting and I actually wonder if men on average like this film better than women. I feel like it was done with very "fanboy" sensibilities. That's why I called the way Reylo was handled in this story "fanboy Twilight", which was perhaps a little unfair. What I mean is that it had some of the problems that the antis have lain at Reylos' door, but what Reylos never actually wanted. Basically, it felt less like a Beauty and the Beast heroine's journey, and more like Bad*ss and the Beauty with Kylo as the more important, dynamic character.

I had to pinch myself because I've noticed a lot of men suddenly root for Bad*ss Renperor to hook up with the pretty girl. Whereas women shipped Rey with pathetic, beaten-by-a-girl Kylo from TFA.

I honestly think this episode would have benefited from being written by a woman. Or at least a female co-writer.
@Darth Dingbat

I actually am a man (or have the body of one at least - I've never really felt I fit into the category very well). I'm also 50 years old and was raised on the OT. I have a lot that's not in common with those two boys. That said, I do think that, as Reylos, we liked seeing that connection happen and liked seeing them come together and then the rug got pulled out from under us as Kylo seemingly swung back dark. But as time goes by, I see that ... Kylo killed Snoke. DANG! That's the removal of a huge block to his redemption. Then he proved himself not worthy of Rey, because he wanted to let her friends die. Maybe the gender separation is in how the Resistance is viewed. I think Kylo had to call off the attack, if he wanted Rey to join him. At least, he had to let her have the saber back. Even if the resistance is a bunch of foolish assholes, Rey still likes them. Finn's her best friend.
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Fri 15 Dec 2017, 11:12 am

Meomeo wrote:
motherofpearl1 wrote:
Piper Maru wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:I actually thought Poe was kind of sociopathic in this film. He wastes his colleagues lives without a thought. I liked him a lot less this film.
@AnneNeville

I have so many feelings to process right now I don’t know if I am capable of putting it into one concise review. If you want a body count in this film, Kylo killed one person in this movie, and that was a Snoke. Poe probably destroyed 1000s.

I’m feeling better today about where things might be headed, but while we got overt romantic Reylo, I feel like the rug was taken out from underneath us only to be dangled in front of us yet again, wrapped up in that mystery box Lucasfilms loves so much.

Don’t get me started on Damerrey.
@IoJovi

The thing about Poe is that he definitely was portrayed as a foil to Kylo.

Poe is rude, he wastes other people's lives for the greater good, he talks down to his superiors all the time, he's cocky, he flirts with everyone even when they're super uncomfortable, he is unpleasant and arrogant. AND THE CHARACTERS LOVE HIM because he's "Resistance".

Kylo, on the other hand, kills only one person in the movie (and it's the bloody monster/creature/Satan-allegory), is submissive, hates himself. AND THE CHARACTERS HATE HIM because he's "First Order".
@Piper Maru

Yes, yes and yes. And I think this was deliberate, just as Poe's friendliness to Rey was. Rey was angry with Kylo, and immediately grafted herself onto Poe. And what if in IX she sees a very different side to him - and the Resistance - and it makes her change her opinion about Kylo. Because that scene where DJ reveals to Finn that the Resistance bought their weapons from the same dealers as the FO is one of the best scenes in the film. I felt especially sorry for Rose....she has an almost fanatical loyalty to the Resistance because her homeworld was destroyed by FO weapons dealers and she has no idea that the organisation she's devoted her life to, and her sister died for, got their weapons from the same source.
@motherofpearl1
ANYTHING JUST SO POE AND REY WILL NOT HAPPEN!!!! I CAN'T STAND POE!
@Meomeo

I have this headcanon in which Rey thinks she likes him.....then she discovers he plans to assassinate Kylo.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Fri 15 Dec 2017, 11:13 am

AnneNeville wrote:I trust Kylo's version more than Luke's. Once you ignite a lightsaber over someone, there's no taking it back. A moment of weakness is a thought. Drawing a weapon is action.

If you wake in the night to someone holding a pillow just above your face, you can't excuse it.
@AnneNeville

Nor can you trust them ever again.

This is the way I see it as well. It is in itself a horrible betrayal that Luke thought his nephew should die.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Fri 15 Dec 2017, 11:13 am

MeadowofAshes wrote:I seriously wonder if the entire purpose was to make the audience hate everyone except Ben -- really put us in his shoes and let us experience his emotions that came from being abused and then made to feel like a monster by the people who were supposed to be protecting him: coldness, an unsettling disturbance, deep sadness and disappointment, and sheer rage. Because that's sure as hell all I felt by the time Renperor happened.

If that was the goal -- Mission Accomplished.

Re ReyPoe: I hope she does go to bed with him. I hope she realizes he's as self-centered, narcissistic an a** there as he is in the cockpit. And then I hope she thinks about HandSex with Ben and knows deep down in her gut he'd have been the sensuous, tender lover she really wanted because he actually has freaking feelings for her.
@MeadowofAshes

Sing it sister! I am with you 100%!
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Fri 15 Dec 2017, 11:14 am

vaderito wrote:
fuhry wrote:I see a lot of people are pissed at Luke.  I got the impression that he was disturbed by the darkness he felt in Kylo, and he went to go probe into his mind to understand it because he feared it.  There, he saw Snoke's influence and became overwhelmed with fear that he could not do anything to stop Kylo's fall.  So he lit up his lightsaber.... but did he really attack Kylo?  I don't think he really did.  But he did enough to make Kylo think that he did, and that was enough for Kylo to lash out escape with the students that would follow him.   I think it was a misunderstanding, it was a moment of panic and fear on Luke's part, and it happened to be the moment when Snoke's corruption of Ben consummated.  Luke could have handled it better and he surely fucked up, but c'mon, Snoke is the enemy here.
@fuhry

That's much worse than outright trying to kill him. It's a cop out, a half-arsed solution that flirts with Bad Luke for a moment and then dumps the responsibility onto Ben for "misinterpreting" his uncle's intention. It's Anakin Force-choking pregnant Padme and then her dying cause she lost the will to live. Garbage writing through and through cause it has no guts to go through with the idea to the fullest. Luke was Bad or he wasn't. Do or do not.
@vaderito

THANK YOU.

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry Fri 15 Dec 2017, 11:15 am

AnneNeville wrote:I trust Kylo's version more than Luke's. Once you ignite a lightsaber over someone, there's no taking it back. A moment of weakness is a thought. Drawing a weapon is action.

@AnneNeville

You're right, it can't be excused. But was Luke really going to use that lightsaber on Kylo? C'mon, Luke "I won't fight you", throw away his lightsaber Skywalker? He got scared by Kylo, he got shocked by the extent of Snoke's influence. He had a human reaction. Ben can't be blamed for protecting himself, but I don't think the movie showed Luke actually trying to kill Ben. They both come out of this redeemable.
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynak Fri 15 Dec 2017, 11:15 am

I saw the movie yesterday and I found myself at the theatre in disbelief at how disappointing it was. I went there eager to love it and I really tried but I couldn't . IMO if I had missed it and waited for E IX  in the hope that JJ brings the joy back, I wouldn't have missed anything apart from how gorgeus Kylo looks and that beautiful secene where their hands touch. I think Reylo is a thing but it wasn't done right, so I couldn't enjoy it. I couldn't see how it developed. In one scene she calls him a mosnter and in the next she fights Luke because he tried to kill his nephew?

That is no reason to kill Han and many others, he had reasons to kill Luke, perhaps but not the others. I never understood why she was willing to help him and protect him. Why? just because Luke tried to kill him? And being FS, didn't Ben know Luke changed his mind about that in the last minute?

If they had to go for something like trying to kill a kid like that, they should have been brave enough and not backpedal like they did.

There were no answers for anything. For instance, why didn't Snoke realize Kylo was going to kill him? He'd been on his head and manipulating him for years but he didn't realise that was a possibility? And who the heck is Snoke? I want to know.

Why does Kylo fall for Rey, only because she is pretty and FS? As some of you have said, they look sexy together, but their relatioship seems shallow.

The plot didn't make sense to me, too many characters and not enough depth for any of them. It's better to have less characters and less plotlines and deal with them as you should. There was no time to explore the relationships between Kylo and Rey, Kylo and Luke, or kylo and Leia because we had to follow Finn and Poe for endless moments and I didn't like any of them. I did like Rose, but she stole every scene she was in and Finn was obscured. She was great, he was just meh. I don't know what she saw in him. I think Del Toro's character was a waste too, what was the point?

I didn't like Poe either, I loved him in the first movie but I disliked him a lot in this one, for the same reasons many of you have mentioned, I did like Holdo, thought. And I didn't like Leia's character. In TFA she believed in her son and now she is sure he is lost forever? Luke has to tell her that no one is beyond redemption because she doesn't seem to care about her son any more. That's not the Leia we saw in TFA. It makes no sense.

Whole parts of the movie were useless, the movie lacks depth and meaning, the plot is a mess. I'm sorry to say this, but it's been a real disappointment for me. I'd like to see it again, perhps I'll like it more, but first impressions are usually right. It could have been great, but unfortunately it was just meh.

I hate to be so negative, but this is what I saw. Neutral

Last edited by Reynak on Fri 15 Dec 2017, 11:21 am; edited 2 times in total
Reynak
Reynak
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next