Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Jedi: Our Reviews and Reactions

+99
colibri
Jozie
Miyu
BenRey
Man Without A Star
Kylo Men
reylodownlo
teltaru
Aphelionna
rey09
Sforza
Jakku
KnightsofReylo_2015
ISeeAnIsland
BigDeal2187
PalmettoBlue
lauvamp
grimbergen
guardienne
SheLitAFire
Lucina
Irina de France
Acritiqua
Darth Dementor
snufkin
LesCousinsDangereux
LadyHa
Reynak
SoloSideCousin
IoJovi
fuhry
DarthRen
Mana
Xylo Ren
Kessel
jakkusun
Tex
tukicarreno
thescavenger
Krafty
Anakin Skywalker
Little_Boots
Moonlight13
shii405
MyOnlyHope
madeinmn
Maria26
SanghaRen
AnneNeville
Forsythia
ReyofLightSide
Birdwoman
MeadowofAshes
CienaRee
nite0wl29
Wizzia
nonesuch
Atenais
Gemini
Saracene
Gemlake
Piper Maru
Airemyn
MrsWindu
Teo oswald
Armadeus
Rimfaxe96
AhsokaTano
SkyStar
panki
Reylo Lemon
DeeBee
Night Huntress
unicorn
Moonjump05
bashfulblueeyes3
EchoBase
Darth_Awakened
Geralt_Riv
rawpowah
cherrylipstick
Blood Moon
Meomeo
FrolickingFizzgig
Rei of Sunshine
ZioRen
motherofpearl1
Cowgirlsamurai
Yuugi
Ynqve
vaderito
special_cases
RosiePancake
Darth_marshmallow
Helix
reylo1992
Darth Dingbat
liveinsummee
Darth Rowan
103 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Last Jedi: Our Reviews and Reactions - Page 4 Empty Re: The Last Jedi: Our Reviews and Reactions

Post by Rei of Sunshine Wed 13 Dec 2017, 3:23 pm

There is one out of place detail, sort of a plot hole that if I thought to hard about it, it kinda doesn't make sense why it happens... and I'm talking about Kylo's shirtless scene.

As much as I squeeeed in the theatre at that scene, IT DIDN'T MAKE SENSE hahahahha

Dude totally just went and telepathically send Rey nudes to keep her interested!
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi: Our Reviews and Reactions - Page 4 Empty Re: The Last Jedi: Our Reviews and Reactions

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Wed 13 Dec 2017, 3:28 pm

Rei of Sunshine wrote:There is one out of place detail, sort of a plot hole that if I thought to hard about it, it kinda doesn't make sense why it happens... and I'm talking about Kylo's shirtless scene.

As much as I squeeeed in the theatre at that scene, IT DIDN'T MAKE SENSE hahahahha

Dude totally just went and telepathically send Rey nudes to keep her interested!
@Rei of Sunshine

I think I'm going to be embarrassed to watch it with my husband Embarassed It seems a bit gratuitous.
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Ynqve Wed 13 Dec 2017, 3:35 pm

Rei of Sunshine wrote:There is one out of place detail, sort of a plot hole that if I thought to hard about it, it kinda doesn't make sense why it happens... and I'm talking about Kylo's shirtless scene.

@Rei of Sunshine

YES. I loved it but it went on for a lot longer than it needed to if it was just there for story reasons. Correct me if I'm wrong but they didn't even address the scar did they? Fan service at its best!
Ynqve
Ynqve
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Wed 13 Dec 2017, 3:44 pm

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:

@Rei of Sunshine

I think I'm going to be embarrassed to watch it with my husband Embarassed It seems a bit gratuitous.
@Cowgirlsamurai

The camera loves Kylo's pecs so much that they strayed longer than the standard 3 seconds, then skipped to Rey getting flustered, then back to his chest, then back to Rey, and thankfully a closeup shot up to his shoulders. Only until then could I focus on his face and what he was saying. Hahaha
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Blood Moon Wed 13 Dec 2017, 3:53 pm

I typed a summary of what I thought but lost it, gonna do that tomorrow. (Gonna write it down on paper first before I'm logged out) but I was not sure if I liked TLJ when the movie was over.

It really had to settle in my head but a few hours have gone by and I'm having more positive feelings about it now. It sure is a movie I need to see another time to get it all but hey that has always been the case for me with RJ movies.

And it's only the second one in this trilogy. There needs to be lots of drama and tension. But TLJ lacks some things like the Force lore and what was all this fuss about RAW Power( or was it only adressed in the trailer?! Now that I think about it)

Be back tomorrow.........
Blood Moon
Blood Moon
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Wed 13 Dec 2017, 3:54 pm

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:

@Rei of Sunshine

@Cowgirlsamurai

Exactly! That was fanservice. And I even suspect that Rian made fun of both Reylos and the Antis there. But yeah, people pretty much reacted when they saw him. He is such a beefcake! Smile And I love the hand touch: favorite moment!
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by cherrylipstick Wed 13 Dec 2017, 4:06 pm

Right now I'm too exhausted to write a complete review of the movie, so I will make a list of what i liked and what I didn't (or at least what didn't convince me completely)

wows:
- Reylo moments of course! I think that those where the most beautiful and most interesting parts of the movie (you don't say?!) and honestly I didn't expect so much!! I mean, yeah I hoped to see them together, some lingering stares, a lightsaber fight, then a civil dialogue, but wow there was a crazy sexual tension between those two. The hands scene, Kylo's hand without the glove? And what about shirtless Kylo Stretcher H-beating I know it was pure fanservice, but thanks Rian. But obviously I don't think that it was all perfect, there were certain aspects of their bond/relationship that didn't convince me. But I will talk about that in the other list.
- I loved Rose Love she has been a beautiful surprise, even if her part with Finn was a little too long and in the end quite pointless, I loved her.
- I loved Finn and even if i knew that he wasn't going to die I was really worried about him and it's quite surprising for me because he isn't exactly one of my favorite characters. But I saw a growth in him and I liked it.
- I liked Hux, I mean I like to hate him  Hey  even if he was a little too caricatural in his funny moments.
- I liked Holdo, maybe because I love Laura Dern too much. At the beginning I thought that she was a b**** but then I loved her friendship with Leia
- I loved Leia, but i hoped to see more scenes with her.

and now the unpleasant list:
- Reylo. Yes that's right. As much as I loved those two together (really, the chemistry was great!) I felt a kind of incompleteness there.
And I'm not talking about the ending, because I think that they will still be together in a way or another in the next movie, but I'm talking about how Rian decided to show and create this bond. I liked it because it was very direct and clear, but at the same time it seemed almost too fast. Rey changes her opinion too quickly and their bond it's not even explained. So Snoke created it... was it all fake?
I thought that this movie would have explained more about their bond, the force and other mythological aspects of this universe. But it was all fast, vague and generic.
- And this brings me to another problem I had with this movie. I found the characters development a little weak. Maybe I had too many expectations (almost surely), or maybe I overanalyzed the previous movie, but I was quite certain to find out a lot about Rey and Kylo's past and their connection. But in the end, once again, the story was told in a fast and generic way. I wanted to know more about the relationship between Kylo and Luke, the abusive manipulation of Snoke, something more about Rey's parents... I hoped for mr and mrs nobodies, but all the speculations about her past now seemed more stupid and useless than ever.
- Too many scenes about the resistance. I know that it's an important part but sometimes it felt just unnecessary.
- No reunion for Leia and his son. This thing really disappointed me  Censored I know that the next movie was expected to be Leia's one, but since Carrie passed away I thought that this movie would have been the last chance to see them together and I'm really sad that it didn't happen. And now I'm also curious to know what they're going to do with her character.
- Luke and Kylo. I found the explanation of their conflict a little bit to simplistic, at least how they decided to show it. Maybe with a couple of other past scenes I would have find it more complete and meaningful.
- Kylo. I loved him thanks to Adam of course Love , but I hoped to know more about him, his past, his goal, and I wanted to see him more conflicted. Not that he wasn't, but I don't know, maybe I had too many expectations about him or the trailer tricked me a little. I was expecting to see him at the end of the movie all alone against the world, far from the resistance but also from the First Order.
- Phasma... quite useless
- Snoke. Was he supposed to be the villain? I know that there's still one movie left, but I thought that he would have been a harder enemy. (loved the fight scene with Rey and Kylo together by the way Love )

Ok I think that I've said enough Shy and maybe it seems that i didn't like the movie, but in the end I really enjoyed it. I think that it's a brilliant movie, it entertains and that's what it matters with movies. Maybe its problem is the lacking of more character development. Less resistance and more development would have been perfect, but probably GA will love it anyway because they don't care much about hows and whys
cherrylipstick
cherrylipstick

https://cherrylipstick85.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Wed 13 Dec 2017, 4:12 pm

I'll see the movie tomorrow, but I saw a bootleg of that shirtless scene and to me it's more than just fanservice. It's a way for Rey to start seeing him as a man (you know she'll be thinking about that for a while lol), and for her to develop physical attraction for him. It also makes Kylo more relatable, and lbr you don't show your villain shirtless for the heroine if he's going to stay un-redeemed and unloved lol. Finally, it also tells you a bit more about his personality: he's comfortable in his skin, and he thinks of himself as a catch (well-built, privileged, from an old family). It actually adds another layer to Rey's rejection. He can't imagine why she'd reject a man like him. Viewers know why, but Kylo thinks too highly of himself. Just like Mr. Darcy.
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv Wed 13 Dec 2017, 4:16 pm

I have just come from the cinema. I loved it. A nonbeliever become a believer. I have never thought that romantic Reylo is the endgame, but after TLJ there is no other way I think. It was RAF. Sudden change of heart in some way is problematic and strange. FinnRose is what some wanted FinnRey to be. Fun and romantic. I didn't like Holdo. I am going tomorow to see it again. I loved it! Laughing
Geralt_Riv
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Wed 13 Dec 2017, 4:18 pm

I wouldn't necessarily say Kylo is entirely comfortable in his skin, considering his past reluctance to show even the slightest hint of skin because it made him seem too weak and human. HOWEVER he certainly seems to have a compulsion to bare everything to Rey the way he does nobody else. Hehehehe~
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by vaderito Wed 13 Dec 2017, 4:37 pm

Geralt_Riv wrote:I have just come from the cinema. I loved it. A nonbeliever become a believer. I have never thought that romantic Reylo is the endgame, but after TLJ there is no other way I think. It was RAF. Sudden change of heart in some way is problematic and strange. FinnRose is what some wanted FinnRey to be. Fun and romantic. I didn't like Holdo. I am going tomorow to see it again. I loved it! Laughing
@Geralt_Riv

cheers cheers cheers cheers

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Wed 13 Dec 2017, 4:56 pm

I just got back from the theater:

Overall, I liked the movie and I'am still rethinking it because it really gave me a lot of to think of.

However, I must admit I'am not  definitely that euphoric like I was when I saw TFA for the first time.
I can come up with few reasons for it:

First and foremost - it's a toll for my obsession over it for two years. I went into TFA fresh and with very low expectations (I was very disappointed with the prequels) and it blew my mind, literally brought back Star Wars in my life.
Another thing: I was so dreaded after all of our gates and the overall panic and negativity that I caught my self a couple of times during the film thinking about the eventual gates LOL
So, yeah, I wasn't in a good place by going into it for a start.

Also, I can't help but miss Lawrence Kasdan - he's the synonimus of the great SW movie for me. It's not just about the script shaping it some kind of humor that Kasdan is capable of pulling without being too obvious with but at the same time  it's enjoyable and feels no forced at all.
I'am not saying that Rian's humor was literally forced. But something was off with it - and I just can't explain what.

Movie is also very fast paced, not in JJ messy way, but due to many sequences it just seems a bit rushed. For example I'am still not sure what really happened between Poe, Holdo and all that stuff in the middle of the movie - where IMO all the attention literally  had to be with Rey and Kylo's  and their "power couple" showdown in the throne room.

The story arc and plot line that looked perfect for me is the one of Finn and Rose. It had all and in the measure that it didn't felt short on one hand but not dragged either (as some of early reviewers seem to think).

Luke's death scene was beautiful and sad. His interactions with Leia as well. "Nobody's ever gone" mad my heart sang.

And for course there's Rey and there's Kylo. I must admit I was hoping they were going deeper with them, not in terms of angst, UST and all Reylo stuff (including the exploding hut - I almost choked when I realized that @gwendy85 nailed down the scene to the bone, minus of course the explicit rating). I know we're going to discuss it till the doomsday: but I'am not so happy with Rey especially her at beginning - I thought that her and Luke's interaction would give us more on her and her character. On the other hand I'am completely content how they handled Kylo. I admit Renperor was not my favorite scenario, but I didn't feel like it was something that Kylo really wanted but rather something that felt like the decision in a moment fueled by the Rey's rejection. This "Renperor"" has nothing in common with Palpatine so to speak.

I saw other reviews over here, and I can say for myself that I'am not disappointed of lack of the Jedi lore, or the lack of Snoke's origin (I don't care in which boutique in Canto Baight he used to buy his golden slippers), I'll read about it in the additional material if I would find it interesting.

As for Kylo motives and the backstory. I loved how it was explained. It moved me emotionally because it was the real tragedy for both Luke and Kylo.
His motives are less clear - and I still refuse to believe that the power is what he really wants. He has his elitist BS but I can't see that "wanting to end all of it" as a bad thing. Even Yoda burns that tree.

And in the end it's obvious he still cares about and loves (?) Rey.

All in all. As a second installment in the trilogy I definitely put this one above AOTC, but not above the Empire. The ESB is much more stronger movie than TLJ in all  aspects, minus the acting.

I only know one thing: I have to see it again.

Last edited by Darth_Awakened on Thu 14 Dec 2017, 1:55 am; edited 2 times in total
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan Wed 13 Dec 2017, 6:29 pm

Geralt_Riv wrote:I have just come from the cinema. I loved it. A nonbeliever become a believer. I have never thought that romantic Reylo is the endgame, but after TLJ there is no other way I think. It was RAF. Sudden change of heart in some way is problematic and strange. FinnRose is what some wanted FinnRey to be. Fun and romantic. I didn't like Holdo. I am going tomorow to see it again. I loved it! Laughing
@Geralt_Riv

OMG thank you so much for this! I'm watching it tomorrow and have started to feel glum after seeing all the downer reactions among Reylos all over the internet. I expected TLJ to be polarizing among the non-Reylo camp but holy s***, Luke was right: "This is not going to go the way you think!" Evil or Very Mad

Anyway, it feels like a big relief to know that it's a good enough movie to finally convince you that Reylo can be endgame. I really needed that. <3
Darth Rowan
Darth Rowan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Wed 13 Dec 2017, 6:34 pm

Darth Rowan wrote:
@Geralt_Riv

OMG thank you so much for this! I'm watching it tomorrow and have started to feel glum after seeing all the downer reactions among Reylos all over the internet. I expected TLJ to be polarizing among the non-Reylo camp but holy s***, Luke was right: "This is not going to go the way you think!" Evil or Very Mad

Anyway, it feels like a big relief to know that it's a good enough movie to finally convince you that Reylo can be endgame. I really needed that. <3
@Darth Rowan

I'm sorry we're being so negative here. Really. The way we mope you would think Reylo didn't happen at all lol.

I think we'll pick ourselves up after a few more viewings. But truly, REYLO IS ENDGAME Y'ALL
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Wed 13 Dec 2017, 6:37 pm

It's really not about Reylo that I worry. I think it will be endgame no matter what. But I think that a lot of people are divided about this movie beyond the Reylo dimension. I've already explained why I am skeptical regarding some directing choices and I hope that the second viewing and the movie analysis will help me to overcome my first lukewarm feeling.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan Wed 13 Dec 2017, 6:42 pm

Rei of Sunshine wrote:
Darth Rowan wrote:
@Geralt_Riv

@Darth Rowan

I'm sorry we're being so negative here. Really. The way we mope you would think Reylo didn't happen at all lol.

I think we'll pick ourselves up after a few more viewings. But truly, REYLO IS ENDGAME Y'ALL

@Rei of Sunshine

Honestly, I expected TLJ would disappoint us because we've been wanting it for so long and had such high expectations for it - I felt like there was no way it could ever be good enough to satisfy those expectations. I also thought it wouldn't be anywhere near Reylo enough and that people would be upset over that aspect of it. The way it's played out though it's waaaaay more Reylolicious than a lot of us seriously expected, but it's disappointing so many people in other, bigger ways. I can't with the irony of this situation. XD
Darth Rowan
Darth Rowan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Wed 13 Dec 2017, 6:45 pm

I'm very sorry about my negativity too. I really should have sat on my hands instead of reacting emotionally. I think most if not all Reylos are going to enjoy this film, and I'm not planning to bring anybody's mood down by complaining anymore.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 13 Dec 2017, 7:00 pm

reylo1992 wrote:It's really not about Reylo that I worry. I think it will be endgame no matter what. But I think that a lot of people are divided about this movie beyond the Reylo dimension. I've already explained why I am skeptical regarding some directing choices and I hope that the second viewing and the movie analysis will help me to overcome my first lukewarm feeling.
@reylo1992

Reylo is not a problem at all. Few same old antis aside, people love the sith out of the pairing cause bad*** and sexy. The problem is Luke. Those who hate the movie hate it on Luke grounds (tried to kill his nephew or at least thought about it for a second, projection/death). It's, like, they didn't give me Luke I wanted the whole movie's awful, few bright spots aside.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Wed 13 Dec 2017, 7:26 pm

Darth Dingbat wrote:I'm very sorry about my negativity too. I really should have sat on my hands instead of reacting emotionally. I think most if not all Reylos are going to enjoy this film, and I'm not planning to bring anybody's mood down by complaining anymore.
@Darth Dingbat

Aww Ding. Don't get yourself down. You have every right to react emotionally. I know I did. I just wish you won't lose hope for Ep 9.

Rian really did a number on us and surprised us with his directing choices, but I think that may have contributed to what critics loved about it because it was different.

Still feel that there could've been more to Luke and Ben though. Or maybe once again I'll just blame the fact that we might all be a bit too smart and too bookish for this fast paced franchise, and it can't really provide us with the nuance and the character backgrounds that we wanted.

OTOH, Snoke..sure..we don't really have an idea about him and how he turned Ben. But then again in 4, 5, and 6 we also don't have an idea about who the emperor is and why he has these powers and how he got Anakin Skywalker to become Darth Vader.

In the OT, the villains didn't need backgrounds so much. What was crucial is that the hero has a hold on the villain. A connection. And we got that with Reylo. Regardless of what happened and what Vader/Kylo did, Luke/Rey wanted to redeem him. This is why their relationship overshadows the need for too much villain backgrounds. It's not what came before, but what comes after that matters.

Rey and Kylo's decision about each other will be the center of Ep 9.
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Wed 13 Dec 2017, 8:20 pm

I’ve just seen the film. I need a hug. Very badly.

First of all I will read all your reviews before posting my personal opinion, because right now I’m just being too emotional.
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 13 Dec 2017, 8:21 pm

EchoBase wrote:I’ve just seen the film. I need a hug. Very badly.

First of all I will read all your reviews before posting my personal opinion, because right now I’m just being too emotional.
@EchoBase

Hug good or hug bad? Just give a short review.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Wed 13 Dec 2017, 8:37 pm

@EchoBase

*HUGS*

This movie has been very polarizing for us Reylos.

But it isn't so bleak at all. There's still hope.
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Wed 13 Dec 2017, 8:55 pm

vaderito wrote:

@EchoBase

Hug good or hug bad? Just give a short review.
@vaderito

I am sobbing because "my childhood hero died!"

I can live with Renperor, if it's well made. But I need my conflicted villain after all.

The Kylo/Rey sevens were so overwhelming, funny and full of tension (erotic telepathy anyone?) they could have go on with this forever, but Rey's decision to save "Ben Solo" came a bit too fast? I don't know. And somehow I missed the grey areas and where was all that raw powah? Oh right, they destroyed Luke's saber.

The beautiful beautiful force bond. It started out so promising and then it was all fake??? Or does it still exist?

Rey's character...am I the only one who thinks she was a bit sidelined? I really saw no development at all. She should have taken his damn hand and ruled with him over the galaxy. That would have been a twist.

Like I said, I am really too emotional and confused right now. I have too many questions, I don't know where to start.

And I watched the fricking dubbed version. I will watch again tomorrow in OV. Maybe then I'll have a clearer perspective.
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by bashfulblueeyes3 Wed 13 Dec 2017, 8:59 pm

I haven't seen the movie yet, but I am know the plot. I think part of the problem, at least for me, is that I built so much head cannon and when I started to see the spoilers did not match up, I got disappointed. I am now starting to get excited again to watch the movie on Friday.

bashfulblueeyes3
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next