Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Jedi General Discussion

+81
giaciak2
KnightsofReylo_2015
thescavenger
Let The Past Die
Reynak
Sforza
Kylo Ren's 8-Pack
ReyofLightSide
liveinsummee
rawpowah
Piper Maru
adamdrivershair
Marchtwin
Irina de France
MoonFyre
Atenais
Moonjump05
Helix
Casper
Acritiqua
MyOnlyHope
Xylo Ren
Blood Moon
Starliteprism
Darth_marshmallow
motherofpearl1
bashfulblueeyes3
SkyStar
Kylo Rey
BenRey
DeeBee
Forsythia
SoloSideCousin
SanghaRen
reylo1992
rey09
FrolickingFizzgig
spacebaby45678
Darth Dingbat
AceofWands
ISeeAnIsland
PalmettoBlue
snufkin
DarthRen
SheLitAFire
vaderito
Maria26
EchoBase
Moonlight13
Lucina
fuhry
Mana
Kylo Men
LesCousinsDangereux
Saracene
Reylo Lemon
Anakin Skywalker
Tex
MindAndMagic
shii405
Darth_Awakened
nite0wl29
RosiePancake
colibri
Night Huntress
tukicarreno
ZioRen
Birdwoman
IoJovi
Lily Snape
Gemini
Armadeus
Darth Dementor
LadyHa
Darth Rowan
panki
Cowgirlsamurai
Man Without A Star
Kessel
Rei of Sunshine
MrsWindu
85 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 38 Empty Re: The Last Jedi General Discussion

Post by Birdwoman Sun 14 Jan 2018, 5:43 pm

@reynak,
My first thought when Luke told Kylo that Luke would not be the last jedi, that he was speaking of Ben Solo. I thought it might be foreshadowing of the future. But I thought I was over reading that scene. Can the DVD come out soon?? Lol!

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 38 Empty Re: The Last Jedi General Discussion

Post by Reynak Sun 14 Jan 2018, 6:19 pm

Birdwoman wrote:@reynak,
My first thought when Luke told Kylo that Luke would not be the last jedi, that he was speaking of Ben Solo. I thought it might be foreshadowing of the future. But I thought I was over reading that scene. Can the DVD come out soon?? Lol!
@Birdwoman

I felt the same, that he was speaking to Ben and of Ben. Showing Rey as he said this was too cheesy, unless Luke was taking about someone else. Both his mentors said the same but their messages were for the audience. Ben is the seed of the jedi still alive. Maybe Rey will become a jedi with Ben, but Luke’s words were for his forner padawan, his nephew, they were for Ben. I may be wrong, but that’s what I thought.
Reynak
Reynak
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sun 14 Jan 2018, 7:03 pm

@Darth_Awakened @Birdwoman @snufkin

Thanks for your help (and support Smile )

I'll give that a go..
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Sun 14 Jan 2018, 10:03 pm

I remember when Rey confronted Luke. She said that Ben is the galaxy's only hope. Which stood out to me and I thought it might be foreshadowing.....however after watching the throne room scene, I believe Ben and Rey are the galaxy's only hope. Because when they join up, they are bad*** ! Laughing

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynak Mon 15 Jan 2018, 1:03 am

Birdwoman wrote:I remember when Rey confronted Luke. She said that Ben is the galaxy's only hope. Which stood out to me and I thought it might be foreshadowing.....however after watching the throne room scene, I believe Ben and Rey are the galaxy's only hope. Because when they join up, they are bad*** ! Laughing
@Birdwoman

I agree, they have to work together, but it was Snoke who said Skywalker is alive and so there’s still hope. This is about Ben although initially you may think he means Luke. This happened when Mazz said someone still could ( come back) and she meant Ben although many people thought she meant Luke. I think the writers are playing without your expectations. Those words would be too obvious if they said what they mean directly. Mazz plays the role of an oracle and heroes always misunderstand oracles at first. Foreshadowing is always shady as well, not obvious or it wouldn’t work in the story. If pays off in the long run, not immediately.

When Luke says he won’t be the last jedi he’s speaking to and of Ben. With Rey there’s no surprise. She is the light, se is hope and we already know it, but Luke’s words need to be meaningful and will have punch if they contain wisdom neither you as an audience nor the characters have. I think this surprise is Ben’s role. About Rey’s we already know.
Reynak
Reynak
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Mon 15 Jan 2018, 3:24 am

ZioRen wrote:For those questioning Rey's motivations for not telling Luke or anyone about Kylo, this is a fabulous meta I came across today that I think explains why that might be so well. I highly recommend it!

http://getoffthesoapbox.tumblr.com/post/169394411772/swtlj-first-impressions-reys-trajectory
@ZioRen

Oooh. Will check this out. Interest is piqued.
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Mon 15 Jan 2018, 3:29 am

Random observation or not. When Rey gets hurt on her arm from the PG, one thing I noticed afterwards is that the scarring, to me, looks like the shape of two out reaching hands(of course could just be how the weapon marked her arm when coming into contact). I have a calendar in my kitchen with a picture of her scar and just has me a little curious, although not sure if coincidence or not.

OR....can go a maybe more interesting route, since TLJ was so flippin' sexy...If the throne scene represented sex, maybe at the point in which she was marked, could be something very personal "breaking", if you get my drift, then you see Kylo Ben look over in concern. LOL.
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Let The Past Die Mon 15 Jan 2018, 3:55 am

Starliteprism wrote:Random observation or not. When Rey gets hurt on her arm from the PG, one thing I noticed afterwards is that the scarring, to me, looks like the shape of two out reaching hands(of course could just be how the weapon marked her arm when coming into contact). I have a calendar in my kitchen with a picture of her scar and just has me a little curious, although not sure if coincidence or not.

OR....can go a maybe more interesting route, since TLJ was so flippin' sexy...If the throne scene represented sex, maybe at the point in which she was marked, could be something very personal "breaking", if you get my drift, then you see Kylo Ben look over in concern. LOL.
@Starliteprism

I have to be honest I never really took much notice of her arm,other than it has been slashed and she has this red streak across it. I wonder if anyone has a close up shot, so we can see it a little better in detail.

I thought it interesting that the camera angle gives us Kylo's view of her getting hurt, and it's almost like he seems to refocus in that moment as he then seems to take a deep breath, steadies himself then back into the melee. It's like let's finish this, no one hurts my girl!
Let The Past Die
Let The Past Die
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Mon 15 Jan 2018, 3:59 am

Let The Past Die wrote:
Starliteprism wrote:Random observation or not. When Rey gets hurt on her arm from the PG, one thing I noticed afterwards is that the scarring, to me, looks like the shape of two out reaching hands(of course could just be how the weapon marked her arm when coming into contact). I have a calendar in my kitchen with a picture of her scar and just has me a little curious, although not sure if coincidence or not.

@Starliteprism

I have to be honest I never really took much notice of her arm,other than it has been slashed and she has this red streak across it. I wonder if anyone has a close up shot, so we can see it a little better in detail.

I thought it interesting that the camera angle gives us Kylo's view of her getting hurt, and it's almost like he seems to refocus in that moment as he then seems to take a deep breath, steadies himself then back into the melee. It's like let's finish this, no one hurts my girl!
@Let The Past Die

I will take a pic of the calendar on my wall and post back.
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Mon 15 Jan 2018, 4:01 am

Let The Past Die wrote:

@Starliteprism

@Let The Past Die

I think it's even more than that.  I think he thinks that she could be in serious trouble, that she could get killed, and that terrifies the hell out of him. Adam did a great job in that moment.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Let The Past Die Mon 15 Jan 2018, 4:03 am

SoloSideCousin wrote:
Let The Past Die wrote:

@Starliteprism

@Let The Past Die

I think it's even more than that.  I think he thinks that she could be in serious trouble, that she could get killed, and that terrifies the hell out of him. Adam did a great job in that moment.
@SoloSideCousin

YES!!!
Let The Past Die
Let The Past Die
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Mon 15 Jan 2018, 5:11 am

Starliteprism wrote:
Let The Past Die wrote:

@Starliteprism

@Let The Past Die

@Starliteprism

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 38 Img_2013

In the movie, you can get a better visual of it, as some of it is obscured.
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Let The Past Die Mon 15 Jan 2018, 5:37 am

Starliteprism wrote:
Starliteprism wrote:
Let The Past Die wrote:

@Starliteprism

@Let The Past Die

@Starliteprism

@Starliteprism

Well I looked and looked, initially couldn't see anything, then it sort of just appeared, I can see what you mean, the Lightsaber is covering part of the lower hand.

I'm not sure if it's intentional or not, I can't see it in any of the clips on YouTube. Maybe its a case of pareidolia, but I can now see it on that picture... Lol Very Happy
Let The Past Die
Let The Past Die
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Mon 15 Jan 2018, 5:58 am

Let The Past Die wrote:
Starliteprism wrote:
Starliteprism wrote:
Let The Past Die wrote:

@Starliteprism

@Let The Past Die

@Starliteprism

@Starliteprism

Well I looked and looked, initially couldn't see anything, then it sort of just appeared, I can see what you mean, the Lightsaber is covering part of the lower hand.

I'm not sure if it's intentional or not, I can't see it in any of the clips on YouTube. Maybe its a case of pareidolia, but I can now see it on that picture... Lol Very Happy
@Let The Past Die

Haha...might be pareidolia.
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Let The Past Die Mon 15 Jan 2018, 6:01 am

Starliteprism wrote:
Let The Past Die wrote:
Starliteprism wrote:
Starliteprism wrote:
Let The Past Die wrote:

@Starliteprism

@Let The Past Die

@Starliteprism

@Starliteprism

@Let The Past Die

Haha...might be pareidolia.
@Starliteprism

The thing is now I've seen it, I can't unsee if you know what I mean, it just looks like 2 hands lol!
Let The Past Die
Let The Past Die
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Let The Past Die Mon 15 Jan 2018, 6:27 am

An observational question about the caretakers. When Rey runs out the hut during her first force bond with Kylo, at no point do we see the caretakers until Luke asks her what's happened . It's like she comes into refocus, and then there are caretakers everywhere.
Was the point of the scene, to show she's completely in the moment with Kylo, although towards the end she's aware of Luke and is distracted by him for Kylo to notice and he questions if it's Luke.

Just wondered what anyone else thought, if this has been discussed elsewhere, please point me in the right direction, because I couldn't find anything.

Last edited by Let The Past Die on Mon 15 Jan 2018, 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Let The Past Die
Let The Past Die
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Mon 15 Jan 2018, 9:27 am

Let The Past Die wrote:An observational question about the caretakers. When Rey runs out the hut during her first force bond with Kylo, at no point do we see the caretakers until Luke asks her what's happened . It's like she comes into refocus, and then there are caretakers everywhere.
Was the point of the scene, to show she's completely in the moment with Kylo, although towards the end she's aware of Luke and is distracted by him for Kylo to notice and he questions if it's Luke.
Link to that scene here

Just wondered what anyone else thought, if this has been discussed elsewhere, please point me in the right direction, because I couldn't find anything.
@Let The Past Die

I would say that she is super focused, but could be a possibility that maybe they were sort of transported to a central point, spiritually. I mean, if you feed into the idea of the red string of destiny, maybe since they have a connection, that they can spiritually ride that string to one another in space and time?

One of the things I noticed is that in the second force bond session, Kylo Ben hears the rain before turning around, and Rey can hear the machinery before they visually come into the scene with one another. What's to say that she isn't traveling, in a way, to him.
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 Mon 15 Jan 2018, 10:40 am

I have a question . In the throne room. She takes his leg. What does it meaning according you?
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/shaara-2

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 Mon 15 Jan 2018, 10:47 am

Sorry but I will seem fixed. The TLJ movie is so full of sexual symbols that ... Here's the question. If you look the expressions while Rey and Ben/Kylo touch their hands. And look at the Adam Driver movies ... and let's say ... he knows how to show great emotions. let's say that he speaks with his eyes.
I continue to look like two teenagers in intimacy ... I mean not only mental. But total soul , mind and of course body ... My perception is that strength wants the dark side and the light side love each other. In the sense of creation. Love creates ... and in my opinion the touch has broken the spell of the beast. Because for the first time he felt completely loved. Could be ?
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/shaara-2

Back to top Go down

Post by thescavenger Mon 15 Jan 2018, 1:28 pm

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/star-wars-last-jedi-empire-podcast-spoiler-special-rian-johnson/

Sorry if someone else has posted It, so Rian just did this podcast for Empire, in which he discusses Kylo’s “Join me” proposal and compares it to the “I’m just a girl standing in front of a boy” speech (Julia Robert’s Notting Hill monologue), can you get anymore obvious than this?

(EDIT: Apologies! Just saw the discussion on another thread, never mind me)
thescavenger
thescavenger
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Mon 15 Jan 2018, 2:53 pm

I keep forgetting to mention that my mom got me a little porg plushy as a stocking stuffer for Christmas and I named it General Hugs. Laughing
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynak Mon 15 Jan 2018, 3:15 pm

In a previous post, I said I thought the legacy's lightsaber stands for Kylo/Ben himself for several reasons I tried to explain in the post and now it's broken, torn apart, in Rey's hands.

I have found a great post on tumblr by Corseque where she talks about how this saber may have a very special meaning. It's not Vader's saber but Anakin's and when he gives it to Padme in a scene, they say a jedi's lightsaber is his/her life. This is what Anakin leaves in Padme's hands, his own life.

This is the same lightsaber that Anakin Skywalker gave to his wife Padme to prove his love to her, saying to her, “This weapon is my life,” - putting it, his life, and his love, entirely in her hands.

Corseque focuses on the romantic symbol the blue lightsaber may be, but I read the quote a bit differently, I think it's Ben Solo's life, it's Ben Solo himself and not Kylo Ren. In the same way, the saber was Anakin's and not Vader's.

This saber was Anakin's and then Luke's and now it's in Rey's hands, but it belongs to her because Ben's life belongs to her due to the bond that joins them. It's the legacy of the Skywalkers, their life, like Anakin says and also their lineage. It's broken now, like Ben, and on the Falcon both her mother and Rey held the poor pieces of his lightsaber/life in their hands. Probably both of them were meant to play a role in making him whole again but now that Carrie is gone this is no longer possible. His life is in the hands of Rey, the scavenger. She is used to fixing things.

I know many people don't like this idea of Ben being saved by others but I think this is what they are doing. First Han and then Luke did their best to help Ben heal and both lay their lives in the process. Leia's role in this story of salvation would be in episode IX, so we'll never see it. Everything is in Rey's hands, and in Kylo's, of course, but with her help, like Mazz said.

You can read corseque's post on tumblr:

http://corseque.tumblr.com/post/169740646487
Reynak
Reynak
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemlake Mon 15 Jan 2018, 4:12 pm

https://soundcloud.com/empiremagazine/star-wars-the-last-jedi-spoiler-special

At 21 minutes.  Rian discusses Reylo.  He confirms that Kylo's "proposal" to Rey, although botched, was a "naked, open, emotional" plea.
Edit:  sorry, it is posted above!

Gemlake
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Let The Past Die Mon 15 Jan 2018, 4:27 pm

giaciak2 wrote:Sorry but I will seem fixed. The TLJ movie is so full of sexual symbols that ... Here's the question. If you look the expressions while Rey and Ben/Kylo touch their hands. And look at the Adam Driver movies ... and let's say ... he knows how to show great emotions. let's say that he speaks with his eyes.
I continue to look like two teenagers in intimacy ... I mean not only mental. But total soul , mind and of course body ... My perception is that strength wants the dark side and the light side love each other. In the sense of creation. Love creates ... and in my opinion the touch has broken the spell of the beast. Because for the first time he felt completely loved. Could be ?
@giaciak2

I couldn't agree more, he really is expressive with his eyes.
There is a lot of talk about the sexual undercurrents on this thread you may find of interest, in the last few pages
http://reylo.skyforum.net/t648-the-last-jedi-general-discussion-spoilers-allowed
Let The Past Die
Let The Past Die
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Mon 15 Jan 2018, 7:49 pm

Mod Note---
The thread "Some Thoughts and Observations on TLJ" has been merged with this thread due to the topics/themes being similar/closely related.

Please let the staff know if you have any questions. Thanks!

SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next