Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Jedi General Discussion

+65
Atenais
AhsokaTano
bashfulblueeyes3
Mila95
Moonlight13
CienaRee
kroi
Piper Maru
RosiePancake
nickandnora
Riri
Teo oswald
KnightsofReylo_2015
MindAndMagic
12 Parsnips
tukicarreno
EchoBase
Tex
cherrylipstick
Darth Dingbat
californiagirl
vaderito
whisperingwillow
special_cases
Rei of Sunshine
Birdwoman
Cowgirlsamurai
Dar-ren19
ISeeAnIsland
Mana
Xylo Ren
Gemlake
Darth_Awakened
twilekempire
Moonjump05
Saracene
ZioRen
lauvamp
rey09
Kylo Men
IoJovi
Armadeus
Reynak
DeeBee
giaciak2
Kessel
Kylo Rey
snufkin
SkyStar
SoloSideCousin
Darth Dementor
MyOnlyHope
thescavenger
Reylo Lemon
FrolickingFizzgig
Irina de France
MrsWindu
SheLitAFire
Let The Past Die
Ynqve
motherofpearl1
Starliteprism
Night Huntress
BB-Rey
rawpowah
69 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 22 Empty Re: The Last Jedi General Discussion

Post by thescavenger Tue 20 Feb 2018, 7:47 am

Tex wrote:I haven't been on in a while, life has been busy, but I'm in a mood tonight. I see that Reylo is still #1 on Tumblr. We need a karaoke moment. Can I get some gifs to go along with this song Reylo fam? Please join me, renaming this song "Sweet Reylo"  cheers

Please sing along with me!

Where it began, I can't begin to know when
But then I know it's growing strong
Was in the spring
And spring became the summer
Who'd have believed you'd come along

Hands, touching hands, reaching out
Touching me, touching you

Sweet Reylo
Good times never seemed so good
I've been inclined
to believe they never would... but now I...

...look at the night
And it don't seem so lonely
We fill it up with only two

And when I hurt
Hurting runs off my shoulders
How can I hurt when holding you

One, touching one, reaching out
Touching me, touching you

Sweet Reylo
Good times never seemed so good
I've been inclined to believe they never would, oh no, no

Sweet Reylo, good times never seem so good
Sweet Reylo, I believed they never could...
@Tex

I couldn't resist the BAH BAH BAHHHHH.

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 22 ReflectingInformalAmericanwirehair-max-1mb
thescavenger
thescavenger
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 22 Empty Re: The Last Jedi General Discussion

Post by rawpowah Tue 20 Feb 2018, 9:02 am

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/star-wars-sound-designers-reveal-secret-sounds-bring/story?id=53111130

Rian talks about how they wanted the Rey and Kylo scenes to be intimate, and some are still insisting it's platonic lmao.

I love that the force bond scenes did not rely on any fancy visual effects. It made them much more poignant.

And another interesting thing about those scenes is the words Rian chooses when talking about Rey and Kylo. It just screams that this relationship was planned from the very beginning, and all Rian had to do was establish how it would happen (how would they come together? how can they develop a relationship when they're supposed to be enemies located on opposite sides of the galaxy?). This is where he could write what he wanted, but only as long as whatever he wrote eventually led from Point A to Point B. The force bond seemed like the obvious and right solution. There's way too much thought and detail planned into their scenes compared to the other storylines, for them to not be carefully mapped out from very early on.
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BB-Rey Tue 20 Feb 2018, 10:49 am

The Last Jedi home release is coming on March 13th digitally and the 27th on Bluray/DVD. It will include a commentary with Rian, fourteen deleted scenes, a documentary called The Director and the Jedi, and much more!!
BB-Rey
BB-Rey
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Tue 20 Feb 2018, 11:15 am

@BB-Rey We should do a count and see how many times Rian mentions the word "intimacy" in his commentary lmao. I'm personally going to do a drinking game Laughing
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Tue 20 Feb 2018, 12:23 pm

Holy heck thats going to be quite a fun packed blu ray. I'm glad there will be some reference to the mythology of the Force. Right off to pre-order it now.

Director Rian Johnson takes fans on an intimate journey into the creation of Star Wars: The Last Jedi in a feature-length documentary, explaining his unique interpretation of the Force, detailing the painstaking process of creating Snoke, and deconstructing action-packed scenes from the film such as the epic space battle and the final confrontation. Johnson also reveals two exclusive scenes, featuring Andy Serkis as Snoke prior to his digital makeover, as well as 14 never-before-seen deleted scenes, in addition to his audio commentary.

Bonus features include:
The Director and the Jedi – Go deep behind the scenes with writer-director Rian Johnson on an intimate and personal journey through the production of the movie—and experience what it’s like to helm a global franchise and cultural phenomenon.
Balance of the Force – Explore the mythology of the Force and why Rian Johnson chose to interpret its role in such a unique way.
Scene Breakdowns
Lighting the Spark: Creating the Space Battle – Get a close-up look at the epic space battle, from the sounds that help propel the action, through the practical and visual effects, to the characters who bring it all to life.
Snoke and Mirrors – Motion capture and Star Wars collide as the filmmakers take us through the detailed process of creating the movie’s malevolent master villain.
Showdown on Crait – Break down everything that went into creating the stunning world seen in the movie’s final confrontation, including the interplay between real-word locations and visual effects, reimagining the walkers, designing the crystal foxes, and much more.
Andy Serkis Live! (One Night Only) – Writer-director Rian Johnson presents two exclusive sequences from the movie featuring Andy Serkis’ riveting, raw on-set performance before his digital makeover into Snoke.
Deleted Scenes – With an introduction and optional commentary by writer-director Rian Johnson.
Audio Commentary – View the movie with in-depth feature audio commentary by writer-director Rian Johnson.

http://collider.com/last-jedi-blu-ray-release-date-special-features/#images

EDit sorry for the double post moderators - you can delete this post if needed
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Tue 20 Feb 2018, 3:51 pm

OMG we got so many new stuff today, I don't know where to look! Very Happy Documentary about sound design is so cool! And now we have legit gif of these moments

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 22 Tumblr_p4gqujN44B1vec0xno3_500

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 22 Tumblr_p4gqujN44B1vec0xno4_500

source http://josskuhh.tumblr.com/post/171098972966/redroom

special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Tue 20 Feb 2018, 4:28 pm

Star Wars: The Last Jedi will arrive, it was announced today, on Digital (in HD and 4K Ultra HD) and via Movies Anywhere on March 13, and on Blu-ray 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and On-Demand on March 27.

They mention on-demand. Does this include streaming? Because I was sad when I discovered TFA and RO, and indeed all of the SW films, were not on any streaming platforms. SW is a big enough juggernaut that they can get a bunch of people to buy DVDs and Blu-rays.

There's some talk above about getting Blu-ray players to watch TLJ. Not mentioned in many places, but there is a regular DVD, though it doesn't seem Best Buy is carrying it. Here is Target's. https://www.target.com/p/star-wars-the-last-jedi-dvd/-/A-53329100 Amazon and Walmart have not put up any of the disc options for pre-order yet.

Plus there is a DVD included with some of the Blu-ray combo packs. It is all rather overwhelming! Here is what I have gathered are the various TLJ home video options in the US:

Digital 4K
Digital HD
Digital SD
4K Blu-ray + Blu-ray + Digital (first SW in 4K!)
Multi-screen Blu-ray + Digital
Blu-ray + DVD + Digital
DVD
Best Buy Exclusive Steelbook 4K Blu-ray + Blu-ray + Digital
Best Buy Exclusive Steelbook Blu-ray + DVD + Digital
Target Exclusive Blu-ray + DVD + Digital (includes porgs featurette)

The only 3D Blu-rays I saw were international. none for the US.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 Tue 20 Feb 2018, 5:09 pm

Kylo Men wrote:I happened upon a month-old tweet setting the throne room fight to Fleetwood Mac's The Chain. Presumably someone has posted it around here somewhere. But one thing: having watched it a few times, Kylo is a way better swordsman than at the end of TFA, and Rey struggles at times. Kylo is pretty much taking on three guys the whole time. He's really good. So I think the whole thing about him not really trying to hurt Rey in the forest, just trying to scare her into submission, must be true.

Also, the most purely sexual look is probably the one that they exchange right after she catches the floating saber and before they turn back-to back to fight.
@Kylo Men

Agreed on the first paragraph you wrote. He could have thrown her off the cliff, FFS! lol

But I thought the most sexual look was after HE caught the saber, finished off the guard, and straightened up with his eyes on her face...

Last edited by Dar-ren19 on Tue 20 Feb 2018, 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Additional thought)
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Tue 20 Feb 2018, 7:27 pm

The 'Force of Sound' documentary was absolutely fascinating. Really, really recommend watching it. Sound design of Star Wars has always been the gold standard across film but I don't know anything about the process as it's a really underappreciated part of filmmaking so this doc was greatly informative. Rian again emphasising the intimacy of the force bond was great and he didn't want any fancy visual tricks which basically means he didn't want to distract the audience from Rey and Kylo. I noticed he seemed to be present for the sound mixing of the hand touch scene too (you could see it on the screen in the corner). I also love how they pointed out that you can hear the ashes/debris falling on Kylo's saber but you can't hear it on Luke's. They didn't use a foley for any of Luke's scene on Crait so there was no sound e.g. when he drags his feet across the floor. They put so much effort into the smallest of details, love it. Seeing all these scenes in HD is so great too, they outdone themselves on the visuals - SUCH a stunning looking film.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 20 Feb 2018, 7:54 pm

I liked that video although in principle, I'm like "aargh! it's a glorified commercial because ABC is owned by Disney." Not that I don't plan on eventually buying a home video version. Also it's so funny seeing some of the BTS to their production location because I recognize that class of topography so well being from Northern California. It's like the scenes from Endor, you know those trees and forests really well.

Agreed the single most sexual look is after he finishes off the guard who's choking him, throws down the staff that was pressed against his neck, stands to his full height (which is a total peacock move), and then throws her full bedroom eyes look. That was probably way too intense for Rey so part of why she runs to the monitor and starts going on about the Resistance is to deflect that moment. If she'd been in closer physical proximity to him, he would've gone in for PDA.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 Tue 20 Feb 2018, 8:20 pm

@snufkin lol totally. I also liked the little sigh he gave right at the beginning of that “peacock” move. The man knows how to do romance on top of everything else (meaning Adam, not Kylo). Agreed about nervous Nellie Rey Very Happy
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 20 Feb 2018, 8:35 pm

@Dar-ren19 It's funny to compare with TFA. Because the first time they're shot in the same frame, when he approaches her after freezing her, he has a second of straightening up to his full height and then you get the elevator eyes.

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 22 Tumblr_p3blq1ceXG1welk7so4_500

It also fits into an observation made here after TFA's home video release about how they look lost/childlike on their own, but together they change in appearance/body language. Ben's definitely sharper and more decisive when he's with Rey. There's no way he could've gotten out from under Snoke, let alone fought off the PT without her as both motivation and back-up.

What's interesting in the Force Bond scenes is that he doesn't go full peacock around her. His body language is more open and vulnerable, which is how he starts to win her over. But in that scene after the fight, he goes back into peacock mode. And that look he throws her after finishing off the last guard is way too much of a panty-dropper for Rey to handle in that moment.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 Wed 21 Feb 2018, 12:48 am

@snufkin you're very right. Totally agreed. I love the throne fight scene for so many reasons! It's just awesome choreography, but also Adam just hits it out of the park with his emotive ability. I just wish there was some way they didn't have to cut away from the thigh grab frame to the other stuff. Oh well.

The other thing I noticed on my last view is that once he proffers his hand, and then we cut away, and then we come back to them... she's beginning to move her hand toward his, but her face has changed from the vulnerable and upset crying to more determined. Of course, he can read the change in her face just like we can... but I wonder if they're also force-connecting at the time because the clear apprehension on his face just before she goes for the saber just breaks my heart.

I was also kind of thinking about the elevator scene as well as the coffin scene. My husband keeps telling me that when he was looking down at her there, he was surprised and also upset she showed up because he wasn't ready yet and was scared for her because here she was and there was no way he could keep her from getting hurt by Snoke. According to my DH, he was in full protective mode.

I'm not so sure, because neither Rian nor anyone else answered my friend's (the one on tweeter) question about whether Kylo knew that she was coming to the Supremacy, and we both think that might be deliberate (some kind of a mystery thing)... to me, it seems that he knew she was gonna show up simply because of how anticipatory Rey looks when she's staring up at him, and then she gives that confused frown at his stone-face.

Last edited by Dar-ren19 on Wed 21 Feb 2018, 1:12 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : corrected a typo)
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Wed 21 Feb 2018, 1:00 am

Apparently sample chapters of The Last Jedi's Junior Novel are available on Apple iBooks. Here's an excerpt! (I can't read the samples because I don't own a single Apple product haha)

His scraggly appearance didn’t trouble Rey. He was still a Jedi and could teach her more about her special talents, which she could not control or comprehend by herself. And he could save the Resistance from the First Order, as he had saved the Rebellion from the Empire. The galaxy needed Luke Skywalker to return. But when he tossed his old lightsaber over the cliff without saying a word, Rey felt all her hopes fall with it.

Forgot to mention that info was from tellcassiopeia on Tumblr

Last edited by ZioRen on Wed 21 Feb 2018, 1:29 am; edited 1 time in total
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 21 Feb 2018, 1:03 am

@Dar-ren19 - Yeah they discussed all of this and there's a backstory. But we the audience may not get the answer yet. Be interesting to see what's in the novel and comics/graphic novel. Unless the full details are reserved for when Disney wants to release the box set (no Carrie commentary track though, sad face) and get more $$$ out of people.

I do agree w/your husband that Rey's decision to go there was impulsive (maybe we get the details in their supposed FoD episode) and when she shows up, he's put on the spot and has to improvise. Because it did answer the question about what Snoke's ultimate goal was, finding out who was the equal in the Light and eliminating that person as a threat. Which lucky for Rey, she survived the experience. But it gets even more screwed up thinking about what happened to Han as collateral damage. And Snoke's treatment of her gives a taste of just how cruel and awful an individual he was.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 Wed 21 Feb 2018, 1:14 am

ZioRen wrote:Apparently sample chapters of The Last Jedi's Junior Novel are available on Apple iBooks. Here's an excerpt! (I can't read the samples because I don't own a single Apple product haha)

His scraggly appearance didn’t trouble Rey. He was still a Jedi and could teach her more about her special talents, which she could not control or comprehend by herself. And he could save the Resistance from the First Order, as he had saved the Rebellion from the Empire. The galaxy needed Luke Skywalker to return. But when he tossed his old lightsaber over the cliff without saying a word, Rey felt all her hopes fall with it.

Wow @ZioRen! Do you think I can get these with my iPhone?

Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Wed 21 Feb 2018, 1:19 am

Dar-ren19 wrote:

I was also kind of thinking about the elevator scene as well as the coffin scene. My husband keeps telling me that when he was looking down at her there, he was surprised and also upset she showed up because he wasn't ready yet and was scared for her because here she was and there was no way he could keep her from getting her. According to my DH, he was in full protective mode.

I'm not so sure, because neither Rian nor anyone else answered my friend's (the one on tweeter) question about whether Kylo knew that she was coming to the Supremacy, and we both think that might be deliberate (some kind of a mystery thing)... to me, it seems that he knew she was gonna show up simply because of how anticipatory Rey looks when she's staring up at him, and then she gives that confused frown at his stone-face.
@Dar-ren19

That's something I'm wondering myself.

I mean I like to believe Kylo/Ben didn't know until she showed up near the Supremacy in the Falcon- then he sensed her coming of course.
But I can't believe they arranged their meeting in a force bond session like:
„Hey, Ben- I saw in my vision that I could save you from the dark side!“ Ben: „Oh, really? Great- come over! The coordinates are…924°9545°03265..“ I don't think so. scratch
I doubt he would deliberately risk her life- for me it seemed like once she arrived there, he knew he had no choice but to confront and betray Snoke...that's why he is so cool and detached, he needed to concentrate and come up with a plan.

I just wonder how Rey knew the location of the Supremacy if it wasn’t Ben who told her the coordinates? Maybe she contacted the Resistance and knew they were chased by the FO and Snoke’s ship? And found him through their location. Questions questions
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Wed 21 Feb 2018, 1:20 am

Dar-ren19 wrote:
ZioRen wrote:Apparently sample chapters of The Last Jedi's Junior Novel are available on Apple iBooks. Here's an excerpt! (I can't read the samples because I don't own a single Apple product haha)

@Dar-ren19

Haha I couldn't tell you! I know nothing about Apple stuff, but I imagine so?
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Wed 21 Feb 2018, 1:26 am

ZioRen wrote:
Dar-ren19 wrote:

@Dar-ren19

@ZioRen

I'm an Apple worshipper. but I couldn't find the junior novelization on iBooks Confus
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 Wed 21 Feb 2018, 1:28 am

@Night Huntress you're very right about him sensing her once the MF was near the Supremacy, because he was ready and waiting while her shuttle was landing. I mean, she didn't get together with Finn and Rose on their shuttle during their escape (I seem to remember another conversation around here about that one being Snoke's shuttle?), and we still don't know if Kylo knew she was on the MF on Crait.

I guess they've left these gaps because either they don't matter, or they actually do and they're keeping a lid on it. We just won't know for sure until somebody responds to a question, or we find out something in IX.
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Wed 21 Feb 2018, 1:36 am

Night Huntress wrote:
ZioRen wrote:
Dar-ren19 wrote:

@Dar-ren19

@ZioRen

I'm an Apple worshipper. but I couldn't find the junior novelization on iBooks Confus
@Night Huntress

Hmm, strange. Since there's an excerpt, there's someone out there who could access it! I went back to my initial post to include where I saw the info but it's not much help.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Wed 21 Feb 2018, 1:45 am

ZioRen wrote:
Hmm, strange. Since there's an excerpt, there's someone out there who could access it! I went back to my initial post to include where I saw the info but it's not much help.
@ZioRen

Maybe because I'm in Europe I have a different selection than the people in the US? I only see the expanded Edition... but I will check maybe it takes a few days till it's available in Europe as well? They make a really big deal of it. Usually you can read excerpts several weeks before the book is finally released.  Rolling Eyes

@Dar-ren19: if it's available in your iBook store you can download it with you iPhone as well. It works exactly the same as a Kindle app.

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 22 Bildsc24
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Wed 21 Feb 2018, 3:19 am

I've just been reading on a newspaper site that I contribute to something that has got me extremely annoyed. The poster praised the new Black Panther movie then in the same breath criticised SW and Kathleen Kennedy for making the 'sole black character in TFA a buffoon' (their words not mine.) They also practically accused Lucasfilm of being racist and claimed that black audiences were 'staying away in droves.' I pointed out to this individual that Finn is a great character that is constantly evolving, but they would not be appeased. They did however accept my argument pointing out the excellent multi ethnic cast of Rogue 1. What is ironic is so many so called 'fans' are mad that the ST features strong female protagonists and a multi ethnic cast, seemingly to prefer SW to be about white males. You just can't win. Neutral Mad
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Wed 21 Feb 2018, 4:29 am

Disneys Star Wars has been amazing for diversity in recent years. TLJ in particular was great for women, R1 was amazing for minorities! Finn is a very important character too.

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next