Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

+71
Moonjump05
Man Without A Star
Chris24601
adamdrivershair
Reylo Lemon
Blood Moon
kroi
Nyx
SW_Heroine_Journey
Piper Maru
SheLitAFire
nana7marie
motherofpearl1
YeeRees
Mielikki
MindAndMagic
Darth Rowan
Casey Kanata
unicorn
BB-Rey
MrsWindu
loversinthestorm
MeadowofAshes
KnightsofReylo_2015
Apriljandy
Let The Past Die
Kessel
Rei of Sunshine
Darth Dingbat
tukicarreno
Mila95
Riri
SkyStar
Darth_Awakened
Night Huntress
cherrylipstick
whisperingwillow
californiagirl
nickandnora
Moonlight13
BenRey
ReyofLightSide
vaderito
AhsokaTano
Dar-ren19
Darth Dementor
Xylo Ren
Tex
rawpowah
Kylo Rey
snufkin
Teo oswald
bashfulblueeyes3
special_cases
Saracene
EchoBase
ZioRen
Cowgirlsamurai
Irina de France
rey09
reylo1992
Birdwoman
SoloSideCousin
ISeeAnIsland
IoJovi
RosiePancake
panki
thescavenger
PalmettoBlue
Starliteprism
DeeBee
75 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 12 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by AhsokaTano Fri 20 Apr 2018, 4:51 pm

@ Night Huntress
I love your salacious crumb gif ! It’s so fitting for these “ leaks”. Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 12 1c705410
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 12 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by rawpowah Fri 20 Apr 2018, 4:55 pm

I threw up in my mouth a little bit. tmi

Lol seriously no wonder these Plagueis fanboys will never work in the movie industry. Laughing And they have the gall to mock Reylo fans, when Reylo fanfic has been ten times more accurate than this mess they put together. Laughing
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Fri 20 Apr 2018, 5:59 pm

These fanbois should really watch Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. It's a masterpiece of story telling and character work. How the main conflict is not because of some big bad super villain, but because humans are selfish, greedy, proud, insecure and sometimes love just doesn't work the way you want it to.

Although I guess they might've seen it, but only concentrated on the sword fighting.

This Snoke-Plagueis is sooooo rehashed and over done that it's not even funnt anymore.

Are we to believe and accept that JJ's Mystery box is ACTUALLY a box with Fetus!Snokedemort in it?

And Rey and Kylo's only interaction is this one time setting in a room where everybody else starts to crowd in a shove that stupid box in Kylo's face?

This is master scriptwriting. Someone give this 4channer a medal for trying.
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 20 Apr 2018, 6:57 pm

Rei of Sunshine wrote:

Are we to believe and accept that JJ's Mystery box is ACTUALLY a box with Fetus!Snokedemort in it?

@Rei of Sunshine

lol! lol! lol! lol!

Wait, isn't Rey a Skywalker cause Mighty Morphin Fog Ghost Anakin told her that Fetus Snokedemort the Wise created life, him and her? Not that they are related?
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Fri 20 Apr 2018, 7:06 pm

Oh my god, they really need to let the past die.
What did I just read???  lol! lol! lol! lol!
That FAF spoiler made my night.

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Fri 20 Apr 2018, 7:39 pm

Does anybody know ThatHastagShow is legit source? Some people are saying that they are legit because they dropped some legit leaks about casting\DP in the past (I looked, it was not SW) I know nothing about this source.

http://thathashtagshow.com/2018/04/exclusive-star-wars-episode-ix-seemingly-casting-a-major-expanded-universe-character/

If you’re still here, let’s get straight to it. Abrams, along with casting director Nina Gold, who has worked on both Episode VII and Episode VIII, are searching for a female lead, 40-50 years old, to play the role of “MARA.” It’s common practice for film’s to use code names during the casting process, and that could be the case here. To be clear, we’re only able to confirm that they are looking to fill the role of a female lead who they are calling “MARA.”

If it's true - LOL "Mara" I can't even imagine Rey Related fans' reactions lol!
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 20 Apr 2018, 8:24 pm

special_cases wrote:Does anybody know ThatHastagShow is legit source? Some people are saying that they are legit because they dropped some legit leaks about casting\DP in the past (I looked, it was not SW) I know nothing about this source.

http://thathashtagshow.com/2018/04/exclusive-star-wars-episode-ix-seemingly-casting-a-major-expanded-universe-character/

If you’re still here, let’s get straight to it. Abrams, along with casting director Nina Gold, who has worked on both Episode VII and Episode VIII, are searching for a female lead, 40-50 years old, to play the role of “MARA.” It’s common practice for film’s to use code names during the casting process, and that could be the case here. To be clear, we’re only able to confirm that they are looking to fill the role of a female lead who they are calling “MARA.”

@special_cases

I remember that Filoni was point blank asked whether Mara Jada would return to canon and he said No.

Moreover, "female lead" my a**. It's the third movie, there won't be more leads but what they have. You don't introduce a major character so late in a game who wasn't even mentioned. Emperor was mentioned and seen in ESB so his fuller appearance in ROTJ made sense. Ditto Jabba. But this chick is either small role that the clickbait article beefed up or they made it up altogether. I've never heard of them tbh.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Fri 20 Apr 2018, 8:56 pm

vaderito wrote:
special_cases wrote:Does anybody know ThatHastagShow is legit source? Some people are saying that they are legit because they dropped some legit leaks about casting\DP in the past (I looked, it was not SW) I know nothing about this source.

@special_cases

I remember that Filoni was point blank asked whether Mara Jada would return to canon and he said No.

Moreover, "female lead" my a**. It's the third movie, there won't be more leads but what they have. You don't introduce a major character so late in a game who wasn't even mentioned. Emperor was mentioned and seen in ESB so his fuller appearance in ROTJ made sense. Ditto Jabba. But this chick is either small role that the clickbait article beefed up or they made it up altogether. I've never heard of them tbh.
@vaderito

ALL OF THIS!!!

Man I love the smell of a good troll in the morning... Laughing

IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Fri 20 Apr 2018, 9:02 pm

40-50 year old female "lead" (in a coming of age story, really?...) sounds like Leia recast.

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by loversinthestorm Fri 20 Apr 2018, 9:08 pm

I have the feeling this actress will play Leia, maybe with CGI. Sure she could be Rey’s mom but she wouldn’t be a “lead”.

loversinthestorm
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 20 Apr 2018, 9:16 pm

Yeah, 40-50 sounds like they are trying to hide that it's actually 50. Which makes (re) casting much more obvious. Assuming it's a real scoop, not a clickbait like that female KoR from 2016.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Fri 20 Apr 2018, 9:18 pm

MeadowofAshes wrote:40-50 year old female "lead" (in a coming of age story, really?...) sounds like Leia recast.
@MeadowofAshes

Just like @vaderito said, you do not introduce a new lead actress in the third installment of a trilogy- especially a female in that age group, as sad as that is. Leia is what, 55 or 60 in canon? It’s common to cast actors, especially women, who IRL are 10 years younger to play that age so yeah my money is on Leia until I hear otherwise.

Of course this is all contingent on this site absolutely not being trolled completely, which is still up for debate.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Fri 20 Apr 2018, 9:21 pm

IoJovi wrote:
MeadowofAshes wrote:40-50 year old female "lead" (in a coming of age story, really?...) sounds like Leia recast.
@MeadowofAshes

Just like @vaderito said, you do not introduce a new lead actress in the third installment of a trilogy- especially a female in that age group, as sad as that is. Leia is what, 55 or 60 in canon? It’s common to cast actors, especially women, who IRL are 10 years younger to play that age so yeah my money is on Leia until I hear otherwise.

Of course this is all contingent on this site absolutely not being trolled completely, which is still up for debate.
@IoJovi

And tbh "Mara" sounds like trolling on par with "Luke Skywalker stood on the cooling sands of Tattooine, his wife by his side..." and "I told them you were my niece". Laughing

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Fri 20 Apr 2018, 10:19 pm

Casting a 40-50 Leia stand-in, and codename her MARA; aka Luke's should be wife.

Man, they never gave Luke a chance. It was just a weird crush people! And maybe a few kisses in between... No need to rub in the fact that he's probably never loved another girl since.

Poor Luke. Tsk Tsk
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Fri 20 Apr 2018, 10:29 pm

If they are re-casting for Leia (which I'm in favor of), my vote would be for Patricia Clarkson. Same age range, wry/sardonic sense of humor, but also a lady you don't mess with. And she'd be the perfect embarrassing mom for the Supreme Leader

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Fri 20 Apr 2018, 10:40 pm

Wonder how the fandom might take to recast Leia given the whole #notmyhansolo bandwagon of recent days. I for one would like Leia to stay alive though a good chunk of IX. I figured the writers could be clever and write her off screen while still keeping her somewhat involved, because Ben shouldn't have everyone from his old life die before his redemption.

So the question becomes if the above isn't total nonsense. Do casting calls leak? LF runs a pretty tight ship, except for smuthut of course!
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Sat 21 Apr 2018, 12:28 am

didn't they officially stated that they won't recast Leia ??? Confus
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Sat 21 Apr 2018, 12:31 am

@MeadowofAshes

My first thought exactly.

We'll see...

@Night Huntress There were talks about it from the production team sure but I think nothing was issued so far as you can consider as final and definitive official announcement.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Sat 21 Apr 2018, 12:48 am

I'm personally open for a recast- but I truly doubt LF will do it...we'll see. If it's even true at all.
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Sat 21 Apr 2018, 2:44 am

Even if it’s true and there is a new female lead called Mara cast it could be lucasfilm trolling us because Jacen has come back into canon but not in the way we would think ie not Han and Leia’s son Jacen but Hera and Kanan’s son in Rebels ( Jacen Syndulla). Personally I think like you all though and that if it is true it could be a Leia re-cast.
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Sat 21 Apr 2018, 3:08 am

Night Huntress wrote:didn't they officially stated that they won't recast Leia ??? Confus
@Night Huntress

No iirc. They said they won't CGI her.
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Sat 21 Apr 2018, 4:16 am

Night Huntress wrote:I'm personally open for a recast- but I truly doubt LF will do it...we'll see. If it's even true at all.
@Night Huntress

I agree. Truth to be told when we heard of Carrie's passing at first glance I was against the recasting. I changed my mind when I saw TLJ and felt that Leia's story arc (in all the movies) just have to end on a different, more optimistic and happy point.

From the all things we heard so far from the production it seems they're taking the route of no Leia at all in the IX. On the other hand we were hearing a lot of things pre TLJ from them that ended being a  total misdirection given the mystery boxes and probably some other reasons (Rey and Luke being "the beating heart" of TLJ or Daisy saying she doesn't even know she would be in IX etc..)

So who knows..

Personally speaking I would be more disturbed if they don't use Mark in IX as a Force Ghost. Not because I'am a die hard Luke fan, but rather because FG Luke can cover a lot of story points that suppose to be covered by Leia especially when it comes to Kylo/Ben.

The Resistance arc (or whatever it will be in IX) isn't that problematic IMO.

Last edited by Darth_Awakened on Sat 21 Apr 2018, 5:08 am; edited 2 times in total
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Sat 21 Apr 2018, 4:31 am

If this leak has any credibility at all, they are casting for Leia.

They have never said anything that would preclude the recasting of Leia. They said Carrie Fisher would not be in IX, and they said that there would be no CGI Leia.

They did say that they had to start from scratch when Carrie died, so that is definitely a point against recasting. However, that script was written by Trevorrow, who was thrown out anyway. Also, maybe I need to get my tinfoil hat out, but as time goes on, I more and more believe that CT was a placeholder of some kind. JJ had a competing contract with Paramount to make some movies. But JJ was also EP on the ST. The "emergency" of Colin being fired necessitated JJ being brought back in, and also simultaneously and conveniently allowed him to put Paramount on the backburner due to said emergency.

It's probably all tinfoil bs, but I think Disney and LF are capable of more elaborate and convoluted machinations.

I also think that if they were to recast Leia that they wouldn't let that out until shooting was underway to defuse any kind of backlash against the new actress from the GA, (fanboys will go crazy forever), because she would have already done work and there would already be filmed scenes. Further, like Han's death, Disney/LF would have a year and a half to ride out the bad feeling on the recast.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Sat 21 Apr 2018, 4:46 am

SoloSideCousin wrote:If this leak has any credibility at all, they are casting for Leia.

They have never said anything that would preclude the recasting of Leia. They said Carrie Fisher would not be in IX, and they said that there would be no CGI Leia.

They did say that they had to start from scratch when Carrie died, so that is definitely a point against recasting. However, that script was written by Trevorrow, who was thrown out anyway. Also, maybe I need to get my tinfoil hat out, but as time goes on, I more and more believe that CT was a placeholder of some kind. JJ had a competing contract with Paramount to make some movies. But JJ was also EP on the ST. The "emergency" of Colin being fired necessitated JJ being brought back in, and also simultaneously and conveniently allowed him to put Paramount on the backburner due to said emergency.

It's probably all tinfoil bs, but I think Disney and LF are capable of more elaborate and convoluted machinations.

I also think that if they were to recast Leia that they wouldn't let that out until shooting was underway to defuse any kind of backlash against the new actress from the GA, (fanboys will go crazy forever), because she would have already done work and there would already be filmed scenes. Further, like Han's death, Disney/LF would have a year and a half to ride out the bad feeling on the recast.
@SoloSideCousin

Oh sure, the die hard fans would seen this as the ultimate betrayal by Disney.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Sat 21 Apr 2018, 4:57 am

Darth_Awakened wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:If this leak has any credibility at all, they are casting for Leia.

They have never said anything that would preclude the recasting of Leia.  They said Carrie Fisher would not be in IX, and they said that there would be no CGI Leia.

They did say that they had to start from scratch when Carrie died, so that is definitely a point against recasting.  However, that script was written by Trevorrow, who was thrown out anyway.  Also, maybe I need to get my tinfoil hat out, but as time goes on, I more and more believe that CT was a placeholder of some kind.  JJ had a competing contract with Paramount to make some movies.  But JJ was also EP on the ST. The "emergency" of Colin being fired necessitated JJ being brought back in, and also simultaneously and conveniently allowed him to put Paramount on the backburner due to said emergency.

I also think that if they were to recast Leia that they wouldn't let that out until shooting was underway to defuse any kind of backlash against the new actress from the GA, (fanboys will go crazy forever), because she would have already done work and there would already be filmed scenes.  Further, like Han's death, Disney/LF would have a year and a half to ride out the bad feeling on the recast.
@SoloSideCousin

Oh sure, the die hard fans would seen this as the ultimate betrayal by Disney.
@Darth_Awakened

Listen, I've been an OT fan since I was old enough to say "Star Wars", and Carrie Fisher will always be my princess. But there's a clear structural integrity to the ST at this point, and if Leia doesn't play the role they envisioned for her it's going to make the story "lop sided" from both an old and new character stand point. TFA was our good bye to Han, Rey's receiving of his wisdom and legacy, and his part in Ben's back story. TLJ was the same for Luke. If they don't do the same for Leia in IX, it'll end up a structural and possibly thematic mess. LF hasn't cared about old school nonsense opinions so far -- let's hope they keep that pattern up.

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next