Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

+71
Moonjump05
Man Without A Star
Chris24601
adamdrivershair
Reylo Lemon
Blood Moon
kroi
Nyx
SW_Heroine_Journey
Piper Maru
SheLitAFire
nana7marie
motherofpearl1
YeeRees
Mielikki
MindAndMagic
Darth Rowan
Casey Kanata
unicorn
BB-Rey
MrsWindu
loversinthestorm
MeadowofAshes
KnightsofReylo_2015
Apriljandy
Let The Past Die
Kessel
Rei of Sunshine
Darth Dingbat
tukicarreno
Mila95
Riri
SkyStar
Darth_Awakened
Night Huntress
cherrylipstick
whisperingwillow
californiagirl
nickandnora
Moonlight13
BenRey
ReyofLightSide
vaderito
AhsokaTano
Dar-ren19
Darth Dementor
Xylo Ren
Tex
rawpowah
Kylo Rey
snufkin
Teo oswald
bashfulblueeyes3
special_cases
Saracene
EchoBase
ZioRen
Cowgirlsamurai
Irina de France
rey09
reylo1992
Birdwoman
SoloSideCousin
ISeeAnIsland
IoJovi
RosiePancake
panki
thescavenger
PalmettoBlue
Starliteprism
DeeBee
75 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 19 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by AhsokaTano Wed 02 May 2018, 5:25 am

@Darth_Awakened
We need to open a crack thread - couldn’t see one so left it here to delight you all lol! Smile
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 19 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by rawpowah Wed 02 May 2018, 5:38 am

5 years? a toddler casting? nobody wanting to rebel against the FO?

lmao good one
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Wed 02 May 2018, 6:17 am

Yes, that would make for interesting (?) plot, wouldn't it.

Nobody is interested in rebelling because life is kind of okay as it is, and anyway this is a really inconvenient time to rebel, I really wanted to catch up on the latest series on Holoflix today and I'm waiting for the delivery of the new coffee-maker I ordered. Can we do this whole rebellion thing tomorrow? Better yet, let's postpone it a few years, I've been thinking of selling my Coruscant apartment and moving to a more quiet planet, and I don't think a rebellion would be good for the real estate market.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Wed 02 May 2018, 6:18 am

Yassss! FAF incoming!

But I will add this caveat for future rumors: Leia recast, caucasian toddler/child (which would likely be child Ben Solo, not Reylo baby), and Benperor (benevolent Renperor) are all possibilities.

I buy a time skip -- not a 5 year one. Rey is not training a herd of BroomBois... not yet anyway.

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Wed 02 May 2018, 6:23 am

Hm I actually like this title "The New Empire"
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BenRey Wed 02 May 2018, 6:34 am

4chan nonsense
BenRey
BenRey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Apriljandy Wed 02 May 2018, 7:29 am

-- I like the concept of Benperor and the galaxy already being satisfied with his reign.
-- this could paint the Resistance in a bad light as they will be seen as terrorists trying to disrupt the peace Ben has established.
-- I don't like a 5 year time skip. But if it were true, then the story will more likely have a Ben and Rey secret romantic relationship that has thrived all those years. And the reason why the Resistance is still untouched is because of that secret relationship.
-- Ben's ultimate goal could be forging a peace treaty with the Resistance in a ceremony which is actually a trap to assassinate him.

Apriljandy
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Wed 02 May 2018, 8:02 am

Apriljandy wrote:-- I like the concept of Benperor and the galaxy already being satisfied with his reign.
-- this could paint the Resistance in a bad light as they will be seen as terrorists trying to disrupt the peace Ben has established.
-- I don't like a 5 year time skip. But if it were true, then the story will more likely have a Ben and Rey secret romantic relationship that has thrived all those years. And the reason why the Resistance is still untouched is because of that secret relationship.
-- Ben's ultimate goal could be forging a peace treaty with the Resistance in a ceremony which is actually a trap to assassinate him.
@Apriljandy

I don't buy 5 year time skip because Rey and Ben won't already be in a romantic relationship when the movie opens -- there's no drama there if they are, and drama was set up with the door closing.

On that last point, I can see Hux and Poe both plotting Benperor's assassination.

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 02 May 2018, 8:06 am

I'm reading comments in the 4chan comments section and someone made a good observation that the leaker mentioned Malta Studio which is unusual for FAFs. So the guy either knows something or he's taking a different approach to FAF or he's combining some legit info (the studio) with FAF (what the movie is about).

I do have to say that his overview sounds plausible though LF trying to sign up Daisy/John/Adam isn't something that you need an insider for. There's no way that studio wouldn't extend their contract "just in case". It's a standard thing.

I wouldn't discard this as FAF just yet. At least that underwater location.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Wed 02 May 2018, 8:09 am

@Apriljandy

while I'm totally team "Benperor" I don't think that's how they would do it...the drama and everything emotionally & narratively interesting would happen off-screen.

5 years time gap? No way. I have a hard time believing they would have more than 1 year.

By the way- how much of a time gap is between ESB and RofJ? I think 6 months or something?
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Wed 02 May 2018, 8:13 am

@Night Huntress
Not sure what the time gap is between ESB and ROTJ but the time gap in total between new hope and return of the Jedi is 4 years - just looked it up .

Sent from Topic'it App
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Wed 02 May 2018, 8:23 am

AhsokaTano wrote:@Night Huntress
Not sure what the time gap is between ESB and  ROTJ but the time gap in total between new hope and return of the Jedi is 4 years - just looked it up .

Sent from Topic'it App
@AhsokaTano

I believe the time gap between TESB and ROTJ was one year and the gap between ANH and TESB was three years. The whole saga took place over the course of approximately four years, like you indicated.

I’ve some argument about the time gap being a little longer between TESB and ROTJ because of Luke’s time on Dagobah though?
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Wed 02 May 2018, 8:36 am

Kessel wrote:

I’ve some argument about the time gap being a little longer between TESB and ROTJ because of Luke’s time on Dagobah though?
@Kessel

that doesn't make sense- Luke meets-up with Leia & Lando in Bespin so his stay on Dagobah shouldn't effect the time-skip between 5 & 6
Or did he go back after that? I don't think so...at least not regarding the old canon. Time passes differently on Dagobah, but that just mean his stay with Yoda was actually longer than the time passes where Leia & Han were.

Doesn't matter- I don't think they care about that in the ST and I do think that "leak" nonsense. Maybe the know something like the Studio at Malta and than made something up to rise the interest.

Is it confirmed that LF will film in Malta? Or is it just that this studio was considered / visited by LF employees or whatever?

Last edited by Night Huntress on Wed 02 May 2018, 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 02 May 2018, 8:41 am

Night Huntress wrote:
Is it confirmed that LF will film in Malta? Or is it just that this studio was considered / visited by LF employees or whatever?
@Night Huntress

No, it's new, which is why I'm not discarding this leak just yet. IMO, it's likely a mix of real and FAF:

Real = studio, underwater location, extended contracts

Maybe real = some casting info

FAF = plot

Super FAF = the New Empire as one of proposed titles

Mixed leaks are the toughest to gauge cause people tend to discard the whole if 1 element is FAF (think that early TLJ leak that was in fact mostly right). Or believe the whole thing if 1 element is real. Also mind that fake stuff is planted by the studio to catch leakers. So we'll see.

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Wed 02 May 2018, 8:44 am

I'm confused. I thought IX was the end of the saga. Why would they want extended contracts? Are they hoping for anthology movies or a Solo trilogy? Do they want an Episode X this soon?
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Kanata Wed 02 May 2018, 8:44 am

3 years between ANH and ESB. 1 year between ESB and RotJ

Casey Kanata
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Wed 02 May 2018, 8:46 am

I wondered about that Malta mention too - seems oddly specific - and none of this sounds implausible to me.

But the part about the title is what made me immediately assume it was FAF. Surely there's no way any leakers would have any access to titles being considered at this stage?

That said, we're probably going to get leakers who know something but invent the rest, and possibly LF-approved misinformation "leaks" deliberately feeding a mix of fake and real to make it harder for people to recognise the real when it does come out.

ETA: .... as vaderito already said Razz
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Wed 02 May 2018, 8:49 am

Darth Dingbat wrote:Surely there's no way any leakers would have any access to titles being considered at this stage?

@Darth Dingbat

...or the plot!!! I'm sure that there aren't many people around knowing anything about the story itself. Maybe filming locations or casting infos- okey. But anything more specific I don't believe at this point.
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Wed 02 May 2018, 8:54 am

OT: I remember we theorized before TLJ was released that there would be a time-jump IN the movie because of the different hair-length of the actors and Kylo's scar etc.? And than the whole story ended up taking place in 2-3 days Lolilol
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Wed 02 May 2018, 8:57 am

Night Huntress wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:Surely there's no way any leakers would have any access to titles being considered at this stage?

@Darth Dingbat

...or the plot!!! I'm sure that there aren't many people around knowing anything about the story itself. Maybe filming locations or casting infos- okey. But anything more specific I don't believe at this point.
@Night Huntress

Mind you, there are people who have had access to concept art for a while now, so some potential leakers would be able to guess plot points from that (or make stuff up around some concept art they've seen).

For TFA, some of the concept art was even leaked online.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Wed 02 May 2018, 9:51 am

5 year old caucasian boy? How can I get my kid an audition for this possibly FAF role? Laughing

I'm assuming it's for little Ben, but will we get more Ben backstory in IX? I'm hoping.
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Wed 02 May 2018, 10:03 am

AhsokaTano wrote:@ Night Huntress
Yeah it prob is faf ( as it’s 4 chan) but they were right about Malta which just looked up - lucky guess or maybe they know about filming :

https://www.visitmalta.com/en/a-brief-history-of-filming

@AhsokaTano

The Malta part is an interesting detail. I don't think some 15 year old boy behind a keyboard would have been aware of it to include it. So, FAF as it might be, it comes across as more professional than many 4Chan posts.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 02 May 2018, 10:32 am

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:5 year old caucasian boy? How can I get my kid an audition for this possibly FAF role? Laughing

I'm assuming it's for little Ben, but will we get more Ben backstory in IX? I'm hoping.
@Cowgirlsamurai

No, the leaker says Caucasian toddler. No sex specified nor the age. Toddler = much younger than 5

Lucasfilm is currently underway casting a character so secret that they aren’t even doing it under their own name. The listing is calling for a Caucasian child not much older than a toddler.

Re: Malta. 4chan poster dug up this info about the studios. Apparently, huge legal trouble, he questions the credibility of the leak:

https://www.maltatoday.com.mt/news/court_and_police/41469/appeals_court_upholds_eviction_of_mediterranean_film_studios#.WunYJy7wa70

https://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/view/20180206/local/one-bid-for-film-studio-but-it-was-non-compliant.669910
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BB-Rey Wed 02 May 2018, 10:34 am

This could really set up a Knights of Ren invasion perfectly too. Especially having the galaxy at relative ease lately and pointing the Resistance in an even more grey/darker light as Poe's head would still be a bit in his cockpit. lol!

In all seriousness I think it could set up a great Knights of Ren invasion arc and the galaxy needing to rally together against a much greater threat when there's peace yet tension and finding the resolving through the grey.

As well as an underwater sequence could mirror the one in The Phantom Menace, which keeps the mirrors and poetry motif going of echoing. It's a great full circle device too.

This has some potential. We shall see, we shall see.
BB-Rey
BB-Rey
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Wed 02 May 2018, 10:57 am

vaderito wrote:
Cowgirlsamurai wrote:5 year old caucasian boy? How can I get my kid an audition for this possibly FAF role? Laughing

@Cowgirlsamurai

No, the leaker says Caucasian toddler. No sex specified nor the age. Toddler = much younger than 5

Lucasfilm is currently underway casting a character so secret that they aren’t even doing it under their own name. The listing is calling for a Caucasian child not much older than a toddler.

Re: Malta. 4chan poster dug up this info about the studios. Apparently, huge legal trouble, he questions the credibility of the leak:

https://www.maltatoday.com.mt/news/court_and_police/41469/appeals_court_upholds_eviction_of_mediterranean_film_studios#.WunYJy7wa70

https://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/view/20180206/local/one-bid-for-film-studio-but-it-was-non-compliant.669910
@vaderito

The Malta thing is a weird detail though. No average non-film person would know about that, unless the original poster lives in Malta or went on holiday there. I am still open to the possibility of it having a little truth in there. Disney is going to be all of these boards monitoring everything. Also, I don't have time to read the whole article right now, but is the studio closed for business during this government takeover. I would think that they would still want it open for the money.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next