Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

+71
Moonjump05
Man Without A Star
Chris24601
adamdrivershair
Reylo Lemon
Blood Moon
kroi
Nyx
SW_Heroine_Journey
Piper Maru
SheLitAFire
nana7marie
motherofpearl1
YeeRees
Mielikki
MindAndMagic
Darth Rowan
Casey Kanata
unicorn
BB-Rey
MrsWindu
loversinthestorm
MeadowofAshes
KnightsofReylo_2015
Apriljandy
Let The Past Die
Kessel
Rei of Sunshine
Darth Dingbat
tukicarreno
Mila95
Riri
SkyStar
Darth_Awakened
Night Huntress
cherrylipstick
whisperingwillow
californiagirl
nickandnora
Moonlight13
BenRey
ReyofLightSide
vaderito
AhsokaTano
Dar-ren19
Darth Dementor
Xylo Ren
Tex
rawpowah
Kylo Rey
snufkin
Teo oswald
bashfulblueeyes3
special_cases
Saracene
EchoBase
ZioRen
Cowgirlsamurai
Irina de France
rey09
reylo1992
Birdwoman
SoloSideCousin
ISeeAnIsland
IoJovi
RosiePancake
panki
thescavenger
PalmettoBlue
Starliteprism
DeeBee
75 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 4 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by snufkin Wed 21 Feb 2018, 6:29 pm

@Tex - I can't find it, but there was an article we had discussed here way back in the early days of waiting for VIII about the OT and the character arcs. It went into detail comparing Han and Vader as which one went through an evolution from being self interested/serving versus selfish and whose world/life got better versus worse. There was a great line about how Vader is a character who wants power, achieve/consolidates it, but has nobody really to rely on or trust. Only underlings to terrify. Versus how getting involved with the Rebellion and falling in love with Leia saves Han from a similar path. With the ongoing comments from Kasdan about Han's arc, going back to TFA's press tour and now we know these are discussions started back in 2012-13 with the Disney sale and first idea of doing a standalone movie about Han, I'm super curious if they're exploring those themes through Ben's arc. He may be a Vader fanboy but if he has his father's heart in him, what does that say about his true nature? And will he ultimately make the right choice of which patriarch in his family he should be emulating? Especially after the admission from Luke that everything was his fault. Or the repetition of lines like "weak and foolish." As of right now, he's still a selfish a**hole but a conflicted one because he obviously cares about Rey and did step up for her when needed. So question for the next film is if he's going to follow Kasdan's Kurosawa quote and petrify into emulating his grandfather or keep evolving like his father? If it's the latter, that's the only chance he stands of surviving and having any kind of future where Rey is concerned.

On a lighter note, if/when he gets his s**t together, we might expect Rey to hang up on every single Force call Ben initiates because she ain't doing this

YOUR EX ASKS YOU TO STAY HIS FRIEND AND PRIMARY SOURCE OF EMOTIONAL LABOR

McSweeney's wrote:He will thank you for being in his life. He just can’t talk to his guy friends this way, after all. But you get him. You’re so close, you’re practically soulmates, he muses. It just didn’t work as a romantic thing, you know? But this whole you listening to his problems a lot as he keeps the specific parts of the relationship with you that he wants, and replaces the rest with new people really seems to work for him. So thanks for being there. You’re a really good friend. His best friend.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 4 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Dar-ren19 Wed 21 Feb 2018, 8:25 pm

snufkin wrote:
His fatal mistake in TLJ was being selfish and thinking that he could have both his power grab and a partnership/relationship with Rey. The choice between the two is very much which type of (moral) person he wants to be and it's already clear he's realized on some level that he made the wrong choice. She dumped him not just because of the "I can help other people you're loyal to but that doesn't suit me b/c I want you to myself" but his choices would mean he's the type of man she could never be with, selfish. So going forward, whatever they write has to show him either going full on into the bad decisions he's made (which was Vader's whole jam) because it gave him what he actually wanted, power. Or he's going to have to contend with the "too much of his father's heart in him" and decide what type of person he's going to be, selfish or selfless. The latter is the only way things can ever resolve with Rey.

As for Renperor, man I just cringed my first viewing because I was surrounded by parents who'd brought their children of different ages to watch and it was like the most uncomfortable family fight ever. Like I've yelled at at least one of my uncles the same way Ben did because there's bad blood between the two of us. But the whole thing was hilarious if you think about the Hoth sequence in ESB is basically two siblings having their a**hole estranged biological father showing up at their place determined to talk to them because he needs something from them. Like how is Ben any different than Vader in doing the same exact thing because he's p**sed at his mother, he's angry that his girlfriend dumped him and cut him off but is still friends with his mother (basically she took the side against him), and then the uncle who used to jerk him around as a kid shows up? If the First Order has a Board of Directors, they should fire him stat for messing up that ground assault because it got turned into personal business.

@snufkin
Loved what you wrote up there. Same here about an aunt and me. Ugh. Even now I cringe when I see that fight. And yet it's kinda riveting how the universally true these feelings are.

And that whole grand assault thwarted by his personal gripes... I keep thinking of Hux's warning to him (swiped away, literally), and then Hux's stare when Kylo goes into the war room. There's no more Snoke, so I'm really hoping to see good amount of sniping between Hux and Kylo at the beginning of IX before things start going down (of which we have no idea).
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 21 Feb 2018, 8:50 pm

@Dar-ren19 Oh I'm hoping that JJ takes full advantage of the delicious workplace drama/rivalry between those two finally coming to a head with Snoke gone and Ben's dirty little secret that he killed the boss and seized power because of "the gurl" he keeps capturing and then mysteriously losing. Hux already tattled on him once already for botching their original mission because Kylo instead snuck said girl into his quarters

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 4 Tumblr_o4pnrhX2kb1v42jzoo2_250
(Notice how he mouths "shoot!" when Hux turns up to rat him out)

There has to be a plot point in IX where Rey is targeted because Ben lied about her killing Snoke, Hux suspects something more is going on, he's forced into making a choice (the gurl or the power), and we get Hux and Rey finally meeting (betcha he says "the girl I've heard so much about" to her).
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 Wed 21 Feb 2018, 9:10 pm

snufkin wrote:@Dar-ren19 Oh I'm hoping that JJ takes full advantage of the delicious workplace drama/rivalry between those two finally coming to a head with Snoke gone and Ben's dirty little secret that he killed the boss and seized power because of "the gurl" he keeps capturing and then mysteriously losing. Hux already tattled on him once already for botching their original mission because Kylo instead snuck said girl into his quarters

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 4 Tumblr_o4pnrhX2kb1v42jzoo2_250
(Notice how he mouths "shoot!" when Hux turns up to rat him out)

There has to be a plot point in IX where Rey is targeted because Ben lied about her killing Snoke, Hux suspects something more is going on, he's forced into making a choice (the gurl or the power), and we get Hux and Rey finally meeting (betcha he says "the girl I've heard so much about" to her).
@snufkin

Wow, I never detected the "shoot"! Need to watch this DVD!

This is an interesting plot point because it could very well be the key catalyst of the Renperor-downfall.
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 21 Feb 2018, 9:30 pm

@Dar-ren19 He also gets that split second wistful look in his eye at that moment where you can tell he's thinking about Rey because Snoke brings her up. @ISeeanIsland gets credit for spotting him saying "shoot" as one of those moments where you can see Ben peeking out from under the whole Kylo persona.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 Wed 21 Feb 2018, 9:50 pm

snufkin wrote:@Dar-ren19 He also gets that split second wistful look in his eye at that moment where you can tell he's thinking about Rey because Snoke brings her up. @ISeeanIsland gets credit for spotting him saying "shoot" as one of those moments where you can see Ben peeking out from under the whole Kylo persona.
@snufkin

Hmm, see, then it makes total sense what my husband's been telling me about Kylo being upset and even a little put off when she shows up on the Supremacy. I'm going to show him this gif Very Happy
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 21 Feb 2018, 10:04 pm

@Dar-ren19 "Shhh, babe I told you not to show up at my work! How am I gonna explain this to my boss, he thinks I've been off on business trips."
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Fri 23 Feb 2018, 4:23 am

JJ has created such a rivalry between Kylo and Hux, RJ has added other things including the look at the end of the film, very allusive. JJ will finish what he started .
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Fri 23 Feb 2018, 11:35 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
DeeBee wrote:Hi Everyone, now we've all seen TLJ and are looking toward IX, I thought I'd raise some information revealed back in 2015 for discussion and to check if anyone has thoughts or updates..

Back in August 2015 Lucas film trademarked two non-canon star wars names: 'Valara' & 'Mon Destra'
Unless I've missed it, neither were referred to in TLJ... Maybe they will be in IX? Have either of these characters shown up in new Rebels? or any of the canon books maybe?  I can't see anything online about them..

I found this old article about the trademark which includes brief mention of what these names referred to in the EU.
http://www.slashfilm.com/valara-saar-lucasfilm-trademarks/

This is an interesting read now that we've seen TLJ! Interesting speculation about what it could mean- so I thought others at this point might be interested too Smile

If Valara was a force user, wannabee Jedi - I wonder.. could she be a potential KOR in IX? total speculation here.. lol..

Edited to add: Just found a more recent article about 'Valara' & 'Mon Destra'
Star Wars Post Exclusive: Lucasfilm adds to Valara and Mon Destra Trademarks

maybe they are not new characters.. maybe they are new planets? lol.
@DeeBee

FWIW, during the "spoiler drought" leading up to TLJ, we had a lot of fake leaks. A lot of the fake leakers chose "Mon Destra" and "Valara" to be names of characters or planets. (I believe several fake leaks had "Valara" as the name of Laura Dern's then-unnamed character.)

I have no idea if these names will have any relevance for IX, but I wanted to mention to the newbies here that when we're going through our spoilers drought for IX, if various trademarkings leak, expect those names to turn up in fake leaks for IX in some capacity.
@ISeeAnIsland

Yeah!!! I'm ready!!!! Speculation should always be viewed as just that: Speculation.. bring on those crazy leaks lol.
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sun 04 Mar 2018, 2:04 am

Hi Everyone!
I've had an afternoon of sheer joy.. just soaking in SW and pretty much doing nothing lol. Guessing I won't have the chance to do this for a while! I haven't seen the full rebels episode of 'a world between worlds' yet - I've just found clips on youtube..
If you are yet to see this - maybe you shouldn't read on - but as it's aired a week or so ago I figure I don't need to spoiler it.

Something got me curious...
We saw this in the Poe Dameron 20: Legend Found, part I comic:
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 4 Comic_10
a close up view:
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 4 Artifa12

In the Poe Dameron 21: Legend Found, part II comic:
we had LST describe the Kazerath device saying:
"the device is incredibly unique. It might imply a chapter in the grand history of the force when light and dark were not in opposition, but united.... As you know, I have dedicated my life to gathering knowledge about the force. Both sides, light and dark. So many lives have been lost in their battle over the millennia -- but I think someday this fight could end. If they could work together, see that in many ways they are the same... perhaps the Kazerath is a path to that future. I had to see it. And so yes, I did break into your vault."

Is it just me - or does Ezra walking through the portal/ through time look like the circles and lines on the Kazerath Device?
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 4 Ezra_a10
[I don't know about the hexagons but it could be the markings represent two things]
Maybe LST's dialogue here is more literal in it's meaning than it first appears when he says 'perhaps the Kazerath is a path to that future.'  ???!!!!!!! path??? to the future???!!!!!! As in map of the portals through time? In light of the new revelations in rebels, this is a very curious choice of words!!  Claps
anyone else as intensely interested and curious about this as I am?
lol.. or maybe I'm just seeing connections that don't exist.. ahhh it's fun to speculate! WinksD
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Sun 04 Mar 2018, 8:46 am

Woah! yes it could be . I too have been catching up on the comics last few days ( we’ve had snow cause travel chaos!)and think the kazerath device will play a part . All these references to time now throughout Star Wars films , books etc take on new meaning after rebels world between the worlds . It opens many doors now as to how Star Wars could go. When I saw the episode ( online as not available in Uk yet)it reminded me of the magician’s nephew and also the film interstellar. I think it’s possible that rey and kylo have been there “ in their dreams “ ie why they both don’t sleep and why rey on anch to says “i know this place from my dreams”. I think that it’s possible that’s how they know each other but like Polly and Diggory they don’t remember. Maybe the kazerath device is a way to open the world between the worlds ? Whatever it’s purpose I reckon it’s important .
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sun 04 Mar 2018, 4:34 pm

AhsokaTano wrote:Woah! yes it could be . I too have been catching up on the comics last few days ( we’ve had snow cause travel chaos!)and think the kazerath device will play a part . All these references to time now throughout Star Wars films , books etc take on new meaning after rebels world between the worlds . It opens many doors now as to how Star Wars could go. When I saw the episode ( online as not available in Uk yet)it reminded me of the magician’s nephew and also the film interstellar. I think it’s possible that rey and kylo have been there “ in their dreams “ ie why they both don’t sleep and why rey on anch to says “i know this place from my dreams”. I think that it’s possible that’s how they know each other but like Polly and Diggory they don’t remember. Maybe the kazerath device is a way to open the world between the worlds ? Whatever it’s purpose I reckon it’s important .
@AhsokaTano

So true!! It's quite mind blowing when you stop and think about it.

Brace yourselves - with this new element of time travel - and seeing how it was used to save someone's life - I wondered... Is part of Kylo/Ben's redemption in IX going to be travelling through time to save Han Solo's life???!!!!
Whoa. Just Whoa.
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Sun 04 Mar 2018, 6:11 pm

@DeeBee To backtrack on Han's death would make TFA essentially meaningless imo. And it would seem like a cop-out and an attempt to pander to OT fanboys who are angry Han died. It's possibilities like this that make me hate time travel in narratives, because it's just so easy and convenient to retcon everything.
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sun 04 Mar 2018, 9:35 pm

rawpowah wrote:@DeeBee To backtrack on Han's death would make TFA essentially meaningless imo. And it would seem like a cop-out and an attempt to pander to OT fanboys who are angry Han died. It's possibilities like this that make me hate time travel in narratives, because it's just so easy and convenient to retcon everything.
@rawpowah

hiya! I think I was naughty with this comment in two threads. so I've replied to you in the predictions thread Embarassed
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Mon 12 Mar 2018, 4:11 am

@RosiePancake Was this leaker on 4chan today or yesterday? Or earlier? If today, wow 2 leakers already, something's going on...

400M sounds too big. I can't imagine MB for TLJ like that.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 12 Mar 2018, 8:02 am

Guys, this is as FAF as it gets. I got a really good laugh out of it. Keep posting them, I missed this sith. lol!
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide Mon 12 Mar 2018, 11:56 am

DeeBee wrote:
AhsokaTano wrote:Woah! yes it could be . I too have been catching up on the comics last few days ( we’ve had snow cause travel chaos!)and think the kazerath device will play a part . All these references to time now throughout Star Wars films , books etc take on new meaning after rebels world between the worlds . It opens many doors now as to how Star Wars could go. When I saw the episode ( online as not available in Uk yet)it reminded me of the magician’s nephew and also the film interstellar. I think it’s possible that rey and kylo have been there “ in their dreams “ ie why they both don’t sleep and why rey on anch to says “i know this place from my dreams”. I think that it’s possible that’s how they know each other but like Polly and Diggory they don’t remember. Maybe the kazerath device is a way to open the world between the worlds ? Whatever it’s purpose I reckon it’s important .
@AhsokaTano

So true!! It's quite mind blowing when you stop and think about it.

Brace yourselves - with this new element of time travel - and seeing how it was used to save someone's life - I wondered... Is part of Kylo/Ben's redemption in IX going to be travelling through time to save Han Solo's life???!!!!
Whoa. Just Whoa.
@DeeBee

That would seal his redemption but agree, would they backtrack Han's death?
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BenRey Sat 31 Mar 2018, 6:47 pm

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 4 20180313
BenRey
BenRey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Sat 31 Mar 2018, 7:14 pm

@BenRey Source? It's April 1st here and I'm not taking any chances Laughing

Anyway, hope they enjoy their pew pew scenes.
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sat 31 Mar 2018, 7:16 pm

BenRey wrote:Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 4 20180313
@BenRey

Cue forum meltdown in 3.... 2..... 1....
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Sat 31 Mar 2018, 7:18 pm

BenRey wrote:Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 4 20180313
@BenRey
It wouldn't surprise me if it's true, since Rey will be with the Resistance. Nope
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Sat 31 Mar 2018, 7:18 pm

Wait, John and Daisy together again in Season IX? Yeah... obviously. Right?

It's cute that Daisy and John are so excited, but I thought it was a foregone conclusion.

Really, I think everyone is going to encounter everyone in IX.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Sat 31 Mar 2018, 7:21 pm

@nickandnora There are a bunch of reunions and combinations I'm looking forward to, so hopefully JJ doesn't make us wait too long for them.
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sat 31 Mar 2018, 7:23 pm

That sounds like a gripping film, Disney's The Beautiful Friendship Gang Ride Again.

@ISeeAnIsland LOL

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 4 Drama_plus_drama_tim_gunn
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sat 31 Mar 2018, 7:32 pm

LOL this is not new information!  Rey ended up with the Resistance and Finn is on the MF with her.  This isn’t anything for FinnRey’s to celebrate nor is it anything for our corner to dread.  File this under duh.  One things for sure, Rey won’t be ending the movie with him.  I’m positive of that, especially after the novel took great lengths to anhialate any shred of bits still in tact for hope for a relationship between the two.  FinnRey is still dead.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next