Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

+71
Moonjump05
Man Without A Star
Chris24601
adamdrivershair
Reylo Lemon
Blood Moon
kroi
Nyx
SW_Heroine_Journey
Piper Maru
SheLitAFire
nana7marie
motherofpearl1
YeeRees
Mielikki
MindAndMagic
Darth Rowan
Casey Kanata
unicorn
BB-Rey
MrsWindu
loversinthestorm
MeadowofAshes
KnightsofReylo_2015
Apriljandy
Let The Past Die
Kessel
Rei of Sunshine
Darth Dingbat
tukicarreno
Mila95
Riri
SkyStar
Darth_Awakened
Night Huntress
cherrylipstick
whisperingwillow
californiagirl
nickandnora
Moonlight13
BenRey
ReyofLightSide
vaderito
AhsokaTano
Dar-ren19
Darth Dementor
Xylo Ren
Tex
rawpowah
Kylo Rey
snufkin
Teo oswald
bashfulblueeyes3
special_cases
Saracene
EchoBase
ZioRen
Cowgirlsamurai
Irina de France
rey09
reylo1992
Birdwoman
SoloSideCousin
ISeeAnIsland
IoJovi
RosiePancake
panki
thescavenger
PalmettoBlue
Starliteprism
DeeBee
75 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 3 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by DeeBee Wed 14 Feb 2018, 12:20 am

Hello,
I just came across this article and thought I'd pass it on.... it's a recap of what's known so far (except lol at their call that TLJ means Kylo will become the big bad *sigh*). Still there was interesting news here that I didn't know about, so passing on! [Dated 13 February, 2018]
Article: An extremely, ridiculously early look at 'Star Wars: Episode IX

Also... while I'm at it.. here's an April 14th, 2017 article, along with KK video about Carrie not appearing in IX

Article: ‘Star Wars’: Carrie Fisher Won’t Be In ‘Episode IX,’ Kathleen Kennedy Says
"Carrie will not be in IX" is pretty clear.
So seems using unseen footage has been ruled out as an option. This may be old news, lol but I didn't know this had been ruled out. I only knew they had ruled out using CGI.
Do we know if recasting the character has been ruled out?
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 3 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Teo oswald Wed 14 Feb 2018, 4:05 am

DeeBee wrote:Hello,
I just came across this article and thought I'd pass it on.... it's a recap of what's known so far (except lol at their call that TLJ means Kylo will become the big bad *sigh*). Still there was interesting news here that I didn't know about, so passing on! [Dated 13 February, 2018]
Article: An extremely, ridiculously early look at 'Star Wars: Episode IX

Also... while I'm at it.. here's an April 14th, 2017 article, along with KK video about Carrie not appearing in IX

Article: ‘Star Wars’: Carrie Fisher Won’t Be In ‘Episode IX,’ Kathleen Kennedy Says
"Carrie will not be in IX" is pretty clear.
So seems using unseen footage has been ruled out as an option. This may be old news, lol but I didn't know this had been ruled out. I only knew they had ruled out using CGI.
Do we know if recasting the character has been ruled out?
@DeeBee

I really no idea ......
For the respect of the person Leia will not be shown in the next episode, I can understand, however, the Star Wars group must understand that the character of Leia is one of the pillars of Star Wars, do not show her at all, without even a news it's crazy . unless they decide to insert in text titles what happened after TLJ....that would have been the moment of Leia Sad Sad
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Wed 14 Feb 2018, 6:13 am

I was thinking that if Episode IX takes place over a couple of days or a week or two, then JJ could get away with simply not including Leia in the story and have her do things off-screen in that short period of time. That way, they could leave Ben and Leia's reunion for a cartoon, comic or novel (which is guaranteed to generate views/sales because of the subject matter).
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Wed 14 Feb 2018, 1:43 pm

rawpowah wrote:I was thinking that if Episode IX takes place over a couple of days or a week or two, then JJ could get away with simply not including Leia in the story and have her do things off-screen in that short period of time. That way, they could leave Ben and Leia's reunion for a cartoon, comic or novel (which is guaranteed to generate views/sales because of the subject matter).
@rawpowah

That's a really fantastic point. Let's say that we get a timeskip of a few weeks between TLJ and IX, and then whatever happens that causes All Heck to Break Loose (kicking off IX), and IX takes place over the course of a few days or so (like TFA and TLJ), it's entirely plausible that Leia could be away trying to rally allies in the Outer Rim or something else diplomatic. That would also allow Leia to still be a "presence" in IX and would keep the character around to finish her arc in another medium.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 14 Feb 2018, 2:02 pm

My dream scenario for off screen Leia would be that she's moved to that active seniors retirement community Lando is running on Cloud City.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Wed 14 Feb 2018, 4:27 pm

@Teo oswald @rawpowah @ISeeAnIsland @snufkin - great to hear your thoughts on Leia in IX.
I think this is a topic that could warrant it's own thread for sharing thoughts from now to December 2019.
So I'm going to go ahead now and create a new thread, and if you all don't mind - I'm going to quote these comments here of yours there to get the ball rolling. If you are not happy with this let me know and I can delete your comment - whatever you are comfortable with.
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 14 Feb 2018, 4:31 pm

@DeeBee THat is a long running joke of mine, so there's no substance for debate in it. Also you might want to check for the long standing threads we have on here about Carrie Fisher because it's been discussed there from before her death and its impact on IX.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Wed 14 Feb 2018, 4:38 pm

snufkin wrote:@DeeBee THat is a long running joke of mine, so there's no substance for debate in it. Also you might want to check for the long standing threads we have on here about Carrie Fisher because it's been discussed there from before her death and its impact on IX.
@snufkin

Too late Wink mods can merge it if they want. I did have a look for other threads but only found one about Leia and Kylo and whether it's too late (for redemption). Not really related to how the makers could handle Carrie's passing.. but if Mods would like to move it - I'm happy with whatever. it's all good.

Yeah haaa I liked your joke! I can see why it would be long running haaaa.
I think there is something in it though worth discussing - which I'll get into over on the other thread when I have time. LOL. So I'll tag you when I get back to it. I must go do my day job now. So rude of real life to get in the way haaa!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Tue 20 Feb 2018, 7:11 pm

Hi Everyone, now we've all seen TLJ and are looking toward IX, I thought I'd raise some information revealed back in 2015 for discussion and to check if anyone has thoughts or updates..

Back in August 2015 Lucas film trademarked two non-canon star wars names: 'Valara' & 'Mon Destra'
Unless I've missed it, neither were referred to in TLJ... Maybe they will be in IX? Have either of these characters shown up in new Rebels? or any of the canon books maybe?  I can't see anything online about them..

I found this old article about the trademark which includes brief mention of what these names referred to in the EU.
http://www.slashfilm.com/valara-saar-lucasfilm-trademarks/

This is an interesting read now that we've seen TLJ! Interesting speculation about what it could mean- so I thought others at this point might be interested too Smile

If Valara was a force user, wannabee Jedi - I wonder.. could she be a potential KOR in IX? total speculation here.. lol..

Edited to add: Just found a more recent article about 'Valara' & 'Mon Destra'
Star Wars Post Exclusive: Lucasfilm adds to Valara and Mon Destra Trademarks

maybe they are not new characters.. maybe they are new planets? lol.

Last edited by DeeBee on Tue 20 Feb 2018, 7:20 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : added comment)
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Tue 20 Feb 2018, 10:29 pm

DeeBee wrote:Hi Everyone, now we've all seen TLJ and are looking toward IX, I thought I'd raise some information revealed back in 2015 for discussion and to check if anyone has thoughts or updates..

Back in August 2015 Lucas film trademarked two non-canon star wars names: 'Valara' & 'Mon Destra'
Unless I've missed it, neither were referred to in TLJ... Maybe they will be in IX? Have either of these characters shown up in new Rebels? or any of the canon books maybe?  I can't see anything online about them..

I found this old article about the trademark which includes brief mention of what these names referred to in the EU.
http://www.slashfilm.com/valara-saar-lucasfilm-trademarks/

This is an interesting read now that we've seen TLJ! Interesting speculation about what it could mean- so I thought others at this point might be interested too Smile

If Valara was a force user, wannabee Jedi - I wonder.. could she be a potential KOR in IX? total speculation here.. lol..

Edited to add: Just found a more recent article about 'Valara' & 'Mon Destra'
Star Wars Post Exclusive: Lucasfilm adds to Valara and Mon Destra Trademarks

maybe they are not new characters.. maybe they are new planets? lol.
@DeeBee

FWIW, during the "spoiler drought" leading up to TLJ, we had a lot of fake leaks. A lot of the fake leakers chose "Mon Destra" and "Valara" to be names of characters or planets. (I believe several fake leaks had "Valara" as the name of Laura Dern's then-unnamed character.)

I have no idea if these names will have any relevance for IX, but I wanted to mention to the newbies here that when we're going through our spoilers drought for IX, if various trademarkings leak, expect those names to turn up in fake leaks for IX in some capacity.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tex Wed 21 Feb 2018, 10:14 am

So I've been away awhile. Can anyone give me a recap? What do we know? What's the current speculations? Or are we all just chilling until we get the novelizations?
Tex
Tex
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Wed 21 Feb 2018, 11:31 am

Tex wrote:So I've been away awhile. Can anyone give me a recap? What do we know? What's the current speculations? Or are we all just chilling until we get the novelizations?
@Tex

We're all like Jon Snow at this point--we know nothing.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Wed 21 Feb 2018, 1:09 pm

Tex wrote:So I've been away awhile. Can anyone give me a recap? What do we know? What's the current speculations? Or are we all just chilling until we get the novelizations?
@Tex

I don't expect to get anything until filming starts in June and even then JJ's back at the helm, which means we'll get peanuts if anything.
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Wed 21 Feb 2018, 1:32 pm

If TLJ is anything to go by, IX will be on intense lockdown. Even moreso than TLJ, where we knew nothing all that big about the plot until after the world premiere. The biggest leak we got was the hut explosion leak and poor Bothan Spy seems to have gotten served!

The novelizations and DVD commentary will give us a few things to chew over until we start combing for every little detail about filming in June. Honestly, the dead months are yet to come. This Fall will be difficult. Laughing
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Wed 21 Feb 2018, 1:37 pm

ZioRen wrote:If TLJ is anything to go by, IX will be on intense lockdown. Even moreso than TLJ, where we knew nothing all that big about the plot until after the world premiere. The biggest leak we got was the hut explosion leak and poor Bothan Spy seems to have gotten served!

The novelizations and DVD commentary will give us a few things to chew over until we start combing for every little detail about filming in June. Honestly, the dead months are yet to come. This Fall will be difficult. Laughing
@ZioRen

Oh man the upcoming dead months will make the dry summer of 2016 look like the Garden of Eden. This is the last installment, barely anything legit actually leaked from TLJ, AND JJ Mystery Box Abrams will be at the helm so yeah, we're not getting anything.
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Wed 21 Feb 2018, 1:41 pm

Xylo Ren wrote:
ZioRen wrote:If TLJ is anything to go by, IX will be on intense lockdown. Even moreso than TLJ, where we knew nothing all that big about the plot until after the world premiere. The biggest leak we got was the hut explosion leak and poor Bothan Spy seems to have gotten served!

@ZioRen

Oh man the upcoming dead months will make the dry summer of 2016 look like the Garden of Eden. This is the last installment, barely anything legit actually leaked from TLJ, AND JJ Mystery Box Abrams will be at the helm so yeah, we're not getting anything.
@Xylo Ren

Back then I think we were spoiled by all the TFA leaks and we assumed we would get some juicy leaked details and anticipation of that kept us going through the dead months. Now we know better, so some months will truly be dead. We'll be Reylo zombies!
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tex Wed 21 Feb 2018, 1:48 pm

Thanks y'all for the quick update. My biggest fear is the return of the mystery boxes. Intentional redirect is going make me very unhappy.

@Xylo Ren Summer of 2016 was pretty blissful, then we had celebration in summer of 2017. We'll just have to all go into hibernation come this fall lol.
Tex
Tex
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Wed 21 Feb 2018, 1:52 pm

Tex wrote:Thanks y'all for the quick update. My biggest fear is the return of the mystery boxes. Intentional redirect is going make me very unhappy.

@Xylo Ren Summer of 2016 was pretty blissful, then we had celebration in summer of 2017. We'll just have to all go into hibernation come this fall lol.
@Tex

The last film in the series should put an end to the mystery boxes, right??? RIGHT?!? I need a definitive ending! Laughing

Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Wed 21 Feb 2018, 2:00 pm

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
Tex wrote:Thanks y'all for the quick update. My biggest fear is the return of the mystery boxes. Intentional redirect is going make me very unhappy.

@Tex

The last film in the series should put an end to the mystery boxes, right??? RIGHT?!? I need a definitive ending! Laughing

@Cowgirlsamurai

I honestly have no idea where they're going to end this. I can think of a general outline for what would make sense with the story but as far as the ending and what to do with Ben Solo...no clue. And I don't want to get attached to anything either because I got fcking BURNED with the Supreme Leader Ren surprise.
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tex Wed 21 Feb 2018, 2:03 pm

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:

@Tex

The last film in the series should put an end to the mystery boxes, right??? RIGHT?!? I need a definitive ending!  Laughing

@Cowgirlsamurai

LOL you would think! But I wouldn't put it past marketing to make it look like everyone is going to die in the next film. Mad

And Please, Please JJ,... JJ I beg you. Tie up your loose ends! Don't leave us wondering for the rest of eternity. Please don't end the movie on Kylo looking at Rey's outreached hand. I know you'd think that it's poetry and it rhymes with Luke at the end of TFA, but please I need more than that.
Tex
Tex
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Tex Wed 21 Feb 2018, 2:09 pm

@ Xylo Ren wrote:And I don't want to get attached to anything either because I got fcking BURNED with the Supreme Leader Ren surprise.  

@Xylo Ren

God, if I could go back in time I wish I could have screamed our "RENPEROR!!!" in the theater when Kylo went all crazy eyed. I was just so beside myself. I was living for it. Laughing
Tex
Tex
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Wed 21 Feb 2018, 2:44 pm

Tex wrote:
@ Xylo Ren wrote:And I don't want to get attached to anything either because I got fcking BURNED with the Supreme Leader Ren surprise.  

@Xylo Ren

God, if I could go back in time I wish I could have screamed our "RENPEROR!!!" in the theater when Kylo went all crazy eyed. I was just so beside myself. I was living for it. Laughing
@Tex

I'm this way now, but I'll tell you on my first viewing I too was just floored, and not in a good way.  I felt like they were giving us the beginnings of this beautiful love story, only to have it ripped away from us violently.  I know better now, but man alive it was such a gut punch!  

Now that I've picked up on the heavy foreshadowing of a happy ending I'm okay now - I can enjoy the Renperor scene for what it is, and scream right there with him... Laughing
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 21 Feb 2018, 2:55 pm

I honestly can't think of a way that they could end it where he just stays bad and dies or just dies. At least in terms of Kasdan constantly repeating the Kurosawa line about how it's the heroes who are constantly evolving and changing before settling on who they are versus the villains are the ones who are petrified into who they are. And he said that about Han going from Solo as a teen/young man through the OT into TFA as an old man. The ST characters are all still young. The only true villains are Hux and Snoke, resolute/fixed in who they are/what they want. And in Snoke's case, actually physically petrified. They've hinted around that with Ben in regards to the lines about the evolution of a villain, awakening into the Dark Side, and how he isn't Darth Vader, yet (not really Vader because he actually achieved what Vader never could, power & saving the woman he loves).

His fatal mistake in TLJ was being selfish and thinking that he could have both his power grab and a partnership/relationship with Rey. The choice between the two is very much which type of (moral) person he wants to be and it's already clear he's realized on some level that he made the wrong choice. She dumped him not just because of the "I can help other people you're loyal to but that doesn't suit me b/c I want you to myself" but his choices would mean he's the type of man she could never be with, selfish. So going forward, whatever they write has to show him either going full on into the bad decisions he's made (which was Vader's whole jam) because it gave him what he actually wanted, power. Or he's going to have to contend with the "too much of his father's heart in him" and decide what type of person he's going to be, selfish or selfless. The latter is the only way things can ever resolve with Rey.

As for Renperor, man I just cringed my first viewing because I was surrounded by parents who'd brought their children of different ages to watch and it was like the most uncomfortable family fight ever. Like I've yelled at at least one of my uncles the same way Ben did because there's bad blood between the two of us. But the whole thing was hilarious if you think about the Hoth sequence in ESB is basically two siblings having their a**hole estranged biological father showing up at their place determined to talk to them because he needs something from them. Like how is Ben any different than Vader in doing the same exact thing because he's p**sed at his mother, he's angry that his girlfriend dumped him and cut him off but is still friends with his mother (basically she took the side against him), and then the uncle who used to jerk him around as a kid shows up? If the First Order has a Board of Directors, they should fire him stat for messing up that ground assault because it got turned into personal business.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tex Wed 21 Feb 2018, 4:10 pm

@IoJovi

I remember coming out of the theater like OMG and then trying to explain what renperor was to my friend and she gave me like this, I don't care face lol.

@snufkin wrote: His fatal mistake in TLJ was being selfish and thinking that he could have both his power grab and a partnership/relationship with Rey. The choice between the two is very much which type of (moral) person he wants to be and it's already clear he's realized on some level that he made the wrong choice. She dumped him not just because of the "I can help other people you're loyal to but that doesn't suit me b/c I want you to myself" but his choices would mean he's the type of man she could never be with, selfish. So going forward, whatever they write has to show him either going full on into the bad decisions he's made (which was Vader's whole jam) because it gave him what he actually wanted, power. Or he's going to have to contend with the "too much of his father's heart in him" and decide what type of person he's going to be, selfish or selfless. The latter is the only way things can ever resolve with Rey.

@snufkin

Thank you for summing this up so beautifully. Perfectly describes Kylo's actions and his cross-roads moment. He knows he's messed up at the end. And in that same moment you have Rey's cross-road moment and I think we'll see, well I hope we'll see her weigh her discussion to just run off after her altercation with Kylo/Ben, more so than what we saw at the end of TLJ. They both want the other to be something that they are not.
Tex
Tex
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Wed 21 Feb 2018, 4:23 pm

Tex wrote:
Cowgirlsamurai wrote:

@Tex

The last film in the series should put an end to the mystery boxes, right??? RIGHT?!? I need a definitive ending!  Laughing

@Cowgirlsamurai

LOL you would think! But I wouldn't put it past marketing to make it look like everyone is going to die in the next film. Mad

And Please, Please JJ,... JJ I beg you. Tie up your loose ends! Don't leave us wondering for the rest of eternity. Please don't end the movie on Kylo looking at Rey's outreached hand. I know you'd think that it's poetry and it rhymes with Luke at the end of TFA, but please I need more than that.
@Tex

https://www.ted.com/talks/j_j_abrams_mystery_box/transcript
Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next