Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

+71
Moonjump05
Man Without A Star
Chris24601
adamdrivershair
Reylo Lemon
Blood Moon
kroi
Nyx
SW_Heroine_Journey
Piper Maru
SheLitAFire
nana7marie
motherofpearl1
YeeRees
Mielikki
MindAndMagic
Darth Rowan
Casey Kanata
unicorn
BB-Rey
MrsWindu
loversinthestorm
MeadowofAshes
KnightsofReylo_2015
Apriljandy
Let The Past Die
Kessel
Rei of Sunshine
Darth Dingbat
tukicarreno
Mila95
Riri
SkyStar
Darth_Awakened
Night Huntress
cherrylipstick
whisperingwillow
californiagirl
nickandnora
Moonlight13
BenRey
ReyofLightSide
vaderito
AhsokaTano
Dar-ren19
Darth Dementor
Xylo Ren
Tex
rawpowah
Kylo Rey
snufkin
Teo oswald
bashfulblueeyes3
special_cases
Saracene
EchoBase
ZioRen
Cowgirlsamurai
Irina de France
rey09
reylo1992
Birdwoman
SoloSideCousin
ISeeAnIsland
IoJovi
RosiePancake
panki
thescavenger
PalmettoBlue
Starliteprism
DeeBee
75 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 37 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by snufkin Mon 09 Jul 2018, 10:06 pm

Tex wrote:If Keri gets a decent size role similar to Laura Dern as Holdo, it would be nice to see her try to influence Kylo, whilst working with Hux. Or this is kinda meta, but have the female FO officer/assassin be the one to find out about Kyo's space girlfriend and him chopping up Snoke for her. I say meta because it would be funny if all the woman in the film figure out Rey and Kylo's secret relationship first before any of the male characters.

It would be part of Women always figure out the truth

I’d like to see at least one woman in the FO who’s a higher up (and being a Holdo to Hux or Kylo would be poetic justice). They wasted that opportunity on Phasma already
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 37 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Darth_Awakened Tue 10 Jul 2018, 1:25 am

Uncle Lando!!!!!! cheers
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Man Without A Star Tue 10 Jul 2018, 1:28 am

Darth_Awakened wrote:Uncle Lando!!!!!! cheers
@Darth_Awakened

Don't you mean Unca Wanwo? Very Happy
Man Without A Star
Man Without A Star
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Tue 10 Jul 2018, 1:30 am

Man Without A Star wrote:
@Darth_Awakened

Don't you mean Unca Wanwo? Very Happy
@Man Without A Star

It's too early in the morning for such gymnastics!
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie Tue 10 Jul 2018, 3:37 am

special_cases wrote:'Star Wars': Billy Dee Williams Reprising Role as Lando Calrissian

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-billy-dee-williams-returning-as-lando-calrissian-xi-1125818

Billy Dee Williams is returning to a galaxy far, far away.

The actor, who famously played the galactic gambler Lando Calrissian, will reprise the role for Star Wars: Episode IX, the next Star Wars installment from Lucasfilm.
@special_cases
Hooray! cheers I think I’ll take a box of tissues with me for the screening of IX for some tearful reunions!
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 10 Jul 2018, 6:24 am

The way I see it and I may be wrong but here's hoping that Lando's return means:

LF understands that the Resistance sucks a** so Lando is brought to inject life into that boring organization (sorry new characters but you don't work)

Keri Russell is almost certainly going to be on FO side since Lando makes a need for more prominent new Resistance members obsolete, especially if "Caro" character comes with him/is related to him
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Tue 10 Jul 2018, 6:29 am

vaderito wrote:The way I see it and I may be wrong but here's hoping that Lando's return means:

LF understands that the Resistance sucks a** so Lando is brought to inject life into that boring organization (sorry new characters but you don't work)

Keri Russell is almost certainly going to be on FO side since Lando makes a need for more prominent new Resistance members obsolete, especially if "Caro" character comes with him/is related to him
@vaderito

I hope bolded is the case.

Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 10 Jul 2018, 6:45 am

Darth_Awakened wrote:
vaderito wrote:The way I see it and I may be wrong but here's hoping that Lando's return means:

@vaderito

I hope bolded is the case.

@Darth_Awakened

it has to be. They don't sell toys and they are the most hated part of TLJ. Lando is a damage control but good one at that, assuming they won't stupidly kill him half way through or show him near the end after marketing blitz that pretended that he was a prominent player. I'm taking into consideration actor's health and that doesn't bode well for significant screen time.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Tue 10 Jul 2018, 6:52 am

vaderito wrote:Keri Russell is almost certainly going to be on FO side since Lando makes a need for more prominent new Resistance members obsolete, especially if "Caro" character comes with him/is related to him
@vaderito

I do rather hope that she'll be playing a villain rather than yet another earnest Resistance goodie.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Tue 10 Jul 2018, 6:57 am

@vaderito

Caro? Who's this?

rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 10 Jul 2018, 7:01 am

rawpowah wrote:  

Caro? Who's this?

@rawpowah

According to That Hashtag Show, the part in question is described as an "ethnic female" in the range of 18-26 years of age. There is a preference for an African-American actress to land the role. Among the traits listed, it's said Caro has "captivating naturalness" and is a "leader and problem solver." She also sports a sense of humor and has a "strong will." In all likelihood, the name Caro is simply a placeholder.

That's assuming she's human. FOOSLS leak mentioned an alien girl from Unknown regions who plays a pivotal role in linking the Resistance with the slaves from water planet.

But anyway, after reading the description, everyone said that SW wants their own Shuri. lol!

P.S. hashtag Show is accurate with casting calls and they were right about the female character age 40-50 code named Mara, as Keri fits the description.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Tue 10 Jul 2018, 7:04 am

@vaderito She sounds boring already from the description. Just how many named characters does the Resistance need? This isn't the Resistance saga.
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Tue 10 Jul 2018, 7:05 am

Seems like the return of Lando??!!!

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Tue 10 Jul 2018, 7:10 am

Great news about Lando Smile
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 Tue 10 Jul 2018, 7:14 am

@Riri @Kessel thank you for sharing.

What do the stones represent in the fountain? Always yin and Yang?

I have a thought to share. They are reflections in freedom.

Somewhere I wrote in the Forum what I expected for episode IX.

At a certain point I decided to write a fan fiction about my expectations.

So when I started writing, I realized that the existing characters were not enough to develop my plot.

I needed to develop a female character. Young but not young like Rey. Its role is twofold. On the one hand she must support Kylo as Master Ren but on the other hand I needed a female who was an antagonist to Rey ....

I'll explain it better. In battle scenes. Almost always if there is a female-warrior protagonist there must be a strong female antagonist who fights with her.

- Especially if Kylo will fight with Rey - united as one.
Basically if Ben and Rey have a love story and join each other - one ore more male and one female antagonists are needed.

The male will probably be HUX/Snoke - Force of Evil.

If the female is not a phasma who returns as a clone then there must be another woman fighting against Rey. I'm not a cinema expert but I've normally noticed this canon.
Just as if heroin is a woman, there are generally children.
If there is a woman with children, then normally in the movies, there is a man who protects them. I mean in movies it's like that. Especially if they want to be on the same side.

So, assuming for hypothesis that Rey remains pregnant, Ben will protect her from the bad guys. Reverse anidala :-)

I add one more thing. Still in my Fan Fiction I needed to have someone speak in place of Kylo. This is also a fee in the movies.

In TFA and TLJ. Snoke was often talking to us about Kylo. Example has told us that the seed of Skywalker lives referring to Luke, but it was framed Kylo.

It is a way to bring a direct image to the observer.
I make another clear example. If you saw Game of Throne.
Daenerys is flanked by many people but she is often helped and advised by Tyrion. The dwarf who is her adviser.

In essence. The protagonist does not always have to explain what he is doing then another figure is used to advise him. So to make Kylo's bow evolve in my Fan Fiction, I used Mara Jade, which would have become Luke's mate if Luke had chosen another path. In the book TLJ begins with her. In the book she is called Camie. Camie represents Luke's regret. What would have been if he had not chosen the Jedi camp.

Let's go back to my story. To get Kylo out of his character, I needed someone to talk to him and for him. That gave him advice. I imagined she was an adult woman of Leia's age because I thought Leia will die in Episode IX. But he/her must have been a figure that knows everyone, Leia, Han, Luke.
Because Kylo needs to be like his father to save himself. A good man who eventually does the right thing. So - WHO can be better than Lando?

Unfortunately I do not speak English well, but I hope my reasoning makes sense. What I want to say is that the cinema respects the canons.
For what little I understand. If Keri - and Lando will play the fighter figure Keri, councilor Lando, then Ben's arch of redemption and the romance with Rey are assured. OR I HOPE SO ! ... and YES  I really want to see Ben redeemed  living happy together Rey.

If you want to read my story https://archiveofourown.org/works/13949562/chapters/35195153 here.

I apologize I don't know if the meaning of my post is understood. I didn't want to tell you to read my story. What I want to tell you is that when you write or when you see a film, there are key figures that repeat themselves to make sense of the plot.

And according to me, but I'm ignorant in this field, I think the girl will be the antagonist to Rey, while Lando is connected to the redemption of Ben. We will see :-)

Last edited by giaciak2 on Tue 10 Jul 2018, 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/shaara-2

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Tue 10 Jul 2018, 8:57 am

Saracene wrote:
vaderito wrote:Keri Russell is almost certainly going to be on FO side since Lando makes a need for more prominent new Resistance members obsolete, especially if "Caro" character comes with him/is related to him
@vaderito

I do rather hope that she'll be playing a villain rather than yet another earnest Resistance goodie.
@Saracene

Maybe she could be playing the main leader of the Unknown regions?
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Tue 10 Jul 2018, 11:17 am

giaciak2 wrote:@Riri @Kessel thank you for sharing.

What do the stones represent in the fountain? Always yin and Yang?

I have a thought to share. They are reflections in freedom.

Somewhere I wrote in the Forum what I expected for episode IX.

At a certain point I decided to write a fan fiction about my expectations.

So when I started writing, I realized that the existing characters were not enough to develop my plot.

I needed to develop a female character. Young but not young like Rey. Its role is twofold. On the one hand she must support Kylo as Master Ren but on the other hand I needed a female who was an antagonist to Rey ....

I'll explain it better. In battle scenes. Almost always if there is a female-warrior protagonist there must be a strong female antagonist who fights with her.

- Especially if Kylo will fight with Rey - united as one.
Basically if Ben and Rey have a love story and join each other - one ore more male and one female antagonists are needed.

The male will probably be HUX/Snoke - Force of Evil.

If the female is not a phasma who returns as a clone then there must be another woman fighting against Rey. I'm not a cinema expert but I've normally noticed this canon.
Just as if heroin is a woman, there are generally children.
If there is a woman with children, then normally in the movies, there is a man who protects them. I mean in movies it's like that. Especially if they want to be on the same side.

So, assuming for hypothesis that Rey remains pregnant, Ben will protect her from the bad guys. Reverse anidala :-)

I add one more thing. Still in my Fan Fiction I needed to have someone speak in place of Kylo. This is also a fee in the movies.

In TFA and TLJ. Snoke was often talking to us about Kylo. Example has told us that the seed of Skywalker lives referring to Luke, but it was framed Kylo.

It is a way to bring a direct image to the observer.
I make another clear example. If you saw Game of Throne.
Daenerys is flanked by many people but she is often helped and advised by Tyrion. The dwarf who is her adviser.

In essence. The protagonist does not always have to explain what he is doing then another figure is used to advise him. So to make Kylo's bow evolve in my Fan Fiction, I used Mara Jade, which would have become Luke's mate if Luke had chosen another path. In the book TLJ begins with her. In the book she is called Camie. Camie represents Luke's regret. What would have been if he had not chosen the Jedi camp.

Let's go back to my story. To get Kylo out of his character, I needed someone to talk to him and for him. That gave him advice. I imagined she was an adult woman of Leia's age because I thought Leia will die in Episode IX. But he/her must have been a figure that knows everyone, Leia, Han, Luke.
Because Kylo needs to be like his father to save himself. A good man who eventually does the right thing. So - WHO can be better than Lando?

Unfortunately I do not speak English well, but I hope my reasoning makes sense. What I want to say is that the cinema respects the canons.
For what little I understand. If Keri - and Lando will play the fighter figure Keri, councilor Lando, then Ben's arch of redemption and the romance with Rey are assured. OR I HOPE SO ! ... and YES  I really want to see Ben redeemed  living happy together Rey.

If you want to read my story https://archiveofourown.org/works/13949562/chapters/35195153 here.

I apologize I don't know if the meaning of my post is understood. I didn't want to tell you to read my story. What I want to tell you is that when you write or when you see a film, there are key figures that repeat themselves to make sense of the plot.

And according to me, but I'm ignorant in this field, I think the girl will be the antagonist to Rey, while Lando is connected to the redemption of Ben. We will see :-)
@giaciak2

Beautifully and wonderfully said. Thank you! 

I especially appreciated how you explained the writing process, and how two characters were needed to flesh out your vision for IX, and how this casting fits such a need. Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Tue 10 Jul 2018, 3:24 pm

All I want is Lando saying to Ben: “You’ve got a lot of guts to come here, after what you’ve pulled.”
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 10 Jul 2018, 6:24 pm

So reaching has hit the new heights or lows. take your pick. What's the most laughable reaching you've ever heard of? is it:

Mark Hamill's just tweeted shaven face = Luke is not in IX, hurry everyone, jump off the cliff

Rey and Poe Lego Toys = Poorey romance

Leia's 2 stone ring = Rey Solo

I still think that Leia's ring is untoppable reach but this frenzy over Mark's shave is coming pretty close, and the Lego one was a good laugh too.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Tue 10 Jul 2018, 10:07 pm

vaderito wrote:So reaching has hit the new heights or lows. take your pick. What's the most laughable reaching you've ever heard of? is it:

Mark Hamill's just tweeted shaven face = Luke is not in IX, hurry everyone, jump off the cliff

I still think that Leia's ring is untoppable reach but this frenzy over Mark's shave is coming pretty close, and the Lego one was a good laugh too.
@vaderito
LOL with all of them.  

If anything, Mark's shave indicates the opposite. Very Happy Smile  I would not be surprised if Force Ghost Luke appears younger, and they will utilize the technology that caused Robert Downey, Jr to appear younger in Winter Soldier, along with Michael Douglas and Michelle Pfeiffer in Ant-Man and the Wasp.  (Along with a younger Leia in Rogue One).  In those situations, I believe another actor/actress is also used; however, Mark's shave may allow him to participate more versus a stand-in for the filming (due to the dots on the face, and filming time involved).  It's time consuming and expensive as a visual effect, so this probably indicates he will not be in a lot of scenes (minute-wise), but that was my idea.
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Wed 11 Jul 2018, 1:07 am

Maybe Luke will appear younger as he will appear as a FG with Anakin too and Anakin can’t be looking younger than Mark as that will confuse the audience Razz

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Wed 11 Jul 2018, 1:08 am

vaderito wrote:So reaching has hit the new heights or lows. take your pick. What's the most laughable reaching you've ever heard of? is it:

@vaderito

How can you say that? It's obvious that clean shaven and SHIRTLESS Mark means FG Luke going after Mara. lol!
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 11 Jul 2018, 8:30 am

Darth_Awakened wrote:

How can you say that? It's obvious that clean shaven and SHIRTLESS Mark means FG Luke going after Mara. lol!
@Darth_Awakened

So true! They are making him look younger for Mara Russell. lol!
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Wed 11 Jul 2018, 8:35 am

@Darth_Awakened

the return of the gentleman XD
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Wed 11 Jul 2018, 10:19 am

vaderito wrote:
Darth_Awakened wrote:  

How can you say that?  It's obvious that clean shaven and SHIRTLESS Mark means FG Luke going after Mara. lol!
@Darth_Awakened

So true! They are making him look younger for Mara Russell.  lol!
@vaderito

LOL

IX will have two redemptions and romantic happily ever afters!  

Reylo....

....and Mara Russell for FG Luke (will they be a ghost couple, or will Luke come back to life?) 

Haha!
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next