Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

+71
Moonjump05
Man Without A Star
Chris24601
adamdrivershair
Reylo Lemon
Blood Moon
kroi
Nyx
SW_Heroine_Journey
Piper Maru
SheLitAFire
nana7marie
motherofpearl1
YeeRees
Mielikki
MindAndMagic
Darth Rowan
Casey Kanata
unicorn
BB-Rey
MrsWindu
loversinthestorm
MeadowofAshes
KnightsofReylo_2015
Apriljandy
Let The Past Die
Kessel
Rei of Sunshine
Darth Dingbat
tukicarreno
Mila95
Riri
SkyStar
Darth_Awakened
Night Huntress
cherrylipstick
whisperingwillow
californiagirl
nickandnora
Moonlight13
BenRey
ReyofLightSide
vaderito
AhsokaTano
Dar-ren19
Darth Dementor
Xylo Ren
Tex
rawpowah
Kylo Rey
snufkin
Teo oswald
bashfulblueeyes3
special_cases
Saracene
EchoBase
ZioRen
Cowgirlsamurai
Irina de France
rey09
reylo1992
Birdwoman
SoloSideCousin
ISeeAnIsland
IoJovi
RosiePancake
panki
thescavenger
PalmettoBlue
Starliteprism
DeeBee
75 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 38 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by DeeBee Thu 12 Jul 2018, 5:59 am

This thread is all good kinds of crazy!
Riri wrote:Maybe Luke will appear younger as he will appear as a FG with Anakin too and Anakin can’t be looking younger than Mark as that will confuse the audience Razz
@Riri
-but we had Anakin waaaaay younger than Obi-wan in the FG trio at the end of ROTJ. lol. I think they can do whatever they want and explain it away easily enough..
Haven't people heard of fake beards? tee hee.. Luke will be a FG so I don't think we will get a clear enough look at his beard to notice ha!

Just shared a little tidbit in Takodana woods - full details there.
The description of the upcoming Poe Dameron Annual 2 comic has given away more details about what Black Squadron has been up to during the events of TLJ, I think it could be a spoiler for IX.. decide for yourselves.  
"...LEIA sends BLACK SQUADRON on a new mission, one that will raise important funds for THE RESISTANCE.
Can a group of pilots really do the work of smugglers and scoundrels?"
Raising funds. This is new! ... the work of smugglers and soundrels.. hmmm.. does this sound like anyone that we just found out would be appearing in IX?!!!! I think this hints that at least one member of Black Squadron has made contact with Lando!! (aka Unca Wanwo)  sunny

Last edited by DeeBee on Fri 13 Jul 2018, 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 38 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by vaderito Thu 12 Jul 2018, 7:16 am

I'm just pointing out that there have been about 3-4 FAF in the last 24-48 hours. FAF activity usually intensifies to deflect a real leak. Hmmm.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Thu 12 Jul 2018, 10:05 am

Interesting opinion piece/essay in the Hollywood Reporter - "Why Lando Calrissian's 'Star Wars' Future Won't Go the Way You Think"

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/why-lando-calrissians-star-wars-episode-ix-role-may-disappoint-fans-1125952

"During development of The Last Jedi (2017), Johnson originally considered Lando for the role of the codebreaker that Finn and Rose search for, a part that eventually became DJ and went to Benicio Del Toro. DJ's mantra "don't join," is similar to Lando's position in Empire, where he betrays Han, Leia and Chewie to Darth Vader. Although Lando eventually redeems himself in Return of the Jedi, it would not be surprising to see Lando jaded in the event of yet another galactic war. One of the most interesting angles Last Jedi explored with concern to the perspective of ordinary citizens is that the Resistance and the First Order are often seen as the same, and arms dealers make millions selling to both sides and prolonging a war with no clear heroes or villains. War profiteering may be a controversial position to find Lando in, but it's not exactly a far cry from where we've seen the heroes of the original trilogy end up."

"While the Legends canon asserted Lando's heroism, something expected after Return of the Jedi, the sequel trilogy has taught us not to give in to expectation. As Luke says to Rey in Last Jedi, "this is not going to go the way you think." That statement could be applied across this new series of Star Wars films, and it's a good rule to go by. Because as much as internet speculation will position Lando as Finn's father, or as a Rebel savior, the reality will likely be something much more affecting and honest. Lando has encompassed both the good and bad side of the galaxy, its selfless and selfish nature, and it's that narrative, the one that makes him human, that's more interesting than any legend. That's a return worth getting excited about."
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Thu 12 Jul 2018, 10:28 am

The movie does have to explain why Lando didn't answer Leia's distress signal. Or is he not her ally anymore? Maybe he was trapped somewhere or out of reach of communication. They could get creative with how no one's mentioned him until now.

It also occured to me that Lando and the supposed several new cast members could be needed for the story. TLJ killed off Luke, Snoke, Holdo, and Phasma. Leia will probably get written off screen, and DJ might not come back. That's a lot of characters to leave the franchise all at once. Some new and returning cast members wouldn't hurt.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Thu 12 Jul 2018, 11:25 am

californiagirl wrote:The movie does have to explain why Lando didn't answer Leia's distress signal. Or is he not her ally anymore? Maybe he was trapped somewhere or out of reach of communication. They could get creative with how no one's mentioned him until now.

It also occured to me that Lando and the supposed several new cast members could be needed for the story. TLJ killed off Luke, Snoke, Holdo, and Phasma. Leia will probably get written off screen, and DJ might not come back. That's a lot of characters to leave the franchise all at once. Some new and returning cast members wouldn't hurt.
@californiagirl

My headcanon - he is off the grid on Batuu / Black Spire Outpost.  L3's mention of it in Solo remains in my thoughts - just has me thinking hmm.  And then the way Last Shot ended....(focusing on commitment, one can say family).  

So, he is either off the grid, or the interesting suggestions from the essay author at The Hollywood Reporter.  I trust the movie will address it - will definitely be interesting what will be revealed. Very Happy
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Thu 12 Jul 2018, 11:45 am

"Tell you what. I’ll write a note, kind of a … Hey, kid, it’s me, Uncle Lando, you ever need help and don’t wanna call your father, come find me, we’ll sort it out. Put that in with the blaster, then secure it in a locker here on Cloud City, and give Han the key. Don’t tell him what’s in it - he’ll pitch a fit if he sees it. It’ll be for the boy when he’s older.”

Interesting point I located on tumblr (Quote from Aftermath: Empire's End)

Original link - https://diminished-comet.tumblr.com/post/171456562465/unca-wanwo-tt

(I first located it here - https://clairen45.tumblr.com/)

Where I first saw it (on Clairen45's) was a reblog with the comment "Foreshadowing!!!" from someone else

You know, I think that might be correct - will be interesting the breadcrumbs, how Ben will find this out, locate the key, etc, if it occurs. This is one book I have not yet read, however - is Lando talking to Leia? If so....something Ben receives when Leia dies...during his journey perhaps as he grieves for her? If not a conversation with Leia - who? Maz? All very interesting!
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv Thu 12 Jul 2018, 12:24 pm

@SW_Heroine_Journey
He is talking to Lobot about what gift he will give Ben after he is born.
Geralt_Riv
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Thu 12 Jul 2018, 1:59 pm

Geralt_Riv wrote:@SW_Heroine_Journey
He is talking to Lobot about what gift he will give Ben after he is born.
@Geralt_Riv

Thank you! Looked him up in the Star Wars Databank...his aide and Cloud City's computer liaison officer.

Wonder if Lobot will be a minor character in IX, as well - or referenced. ?? Very intriguing! Very Happy
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Thu 12 Jul 2018, 5:13 pm

vaderito wrote:I'm just pointing out that there have been about 3-4 FAF in the last 24-48 hours. FAF activity usually intensifies to deflect a real leak. Hmmm.
@vaderito

Maybe this is the "real" leak:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/8ydcgs/casting_sternfaced_individuals_for_episode_ix/

This comes from Episode 236 of MSW's Now This is Podcasting, about a week old now, but no one here seems to have posted about it yet. There was no article on makingstarwars.com, maybe because it's such a minor detail. Relevant bit starts at 24:30:

https://makingstarwars.net/2018/07/now-this-is-podcasting-episode-236-star-wars-episode-ix-is-upon-us/

MSW's Jason Ward says there are rumors that they're casting a lot of "stern-faced individuals" for a shoot throughout August. Filming is for a Finn and Poe sequence that takes place in some kind of bar. They go on to speculate that this bar location could be pretty big and have several weeks of filming around it. Maybe something on the level of Canto Bight.

Looking forward to Star Wars Episode IX: Stern Faced Individuals.

Check out the podcast, great for people that are hungry for the spoiler game, and genuinely like Star Wars

There was a reddit leaker fairly recently who talked about a Cantina-type sequence involving Poe and Finn... Maybe there's something real there.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Thu 12 Jul 2018, 7:15 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
vaderito wrote:I'm just pointing out that there have been about 3-4 FAF in the last 24-48 hours. FAF activity usually intensifies to deflect a real leak. Hmmm.
@vaderito

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/8ydcgs/casting_sternfaced_individuals_for_episode_ix/

This comes from Episode 236 of MSW's Now This is Podcasting, about a week old now, but no one here seems to have posted about it yet. There was no article on makingstarwars.com, maybe because it's such a minor detail. Relevant bit starts at 24:30:

https://makingstarwars.net/2018/07/now-this-is-podcasting-episode-236-star-wars-episode-ix-is-upon-us/

MSW's Jason Ward says there are rumors that they're casting a lot of "stern-faced individuals" for a shoot throughout August. Filming is for a Finn and Poe sequence that takes place in some kind of bar. They go on to speculate that this bar location could be pretty big and have several weeks of filming around it. Maybe something on the level of Canto Bight.

Check out the podcast, great for people that are hungry for the spoiler game, and genuinely like Star Wars

There was a reddit leaker fairly recently who talked about a Cantina-type sequence involving Poe and Finn...  Maybe there's something real there.
@ISeeAnIsland

This... lends more credence to the leaker who said he saw concept art of Kylo flying the Falcon. Just saying. He backed up the Finn and Poe info (wearing grubby clothes, talking to aliens or something like that) on another thread weeks before in a comment. Although MSW haven't been accurate on story leaks for quite a while now so there's that to consider too.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Thu 12 Jul 2018, 8:52 pm

Kylo Rey wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@vaderito

There was a reddit leaker fairly recently who talked about a Cantina-type sequence involving Poe and Finn...  Maybe there's something real there.
@ISeeAnIsland

This... lends more credence to the leaker who said he saw concept art of Kylo flying the Falcon. Just saying. He backed up the Finn and Poe info (wearing grubby clothes, talking to aliens or something like that) on another thread weeks before in a comment. Although MSW haven't been accurate on story leaks for quite a while now so there's that to consider too.
@Kylo Rey

Yup. I was thinking all of those same things.

That reddit poster didn't seem particularly credible, but from what it said, it seemed like a natural direction for IX to take if JJ went with Rian's setup.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by bashfulblueeyes3 Thu 12 Jul 2018, 10:13 pm

Two quick added things that I heard on the MSW podcast this week.  They were just briefly mentioned.  Regarding Keri Russell’s character, he “heard” that she may be a love interest for Poe.  The other one is that he “heard” when Trevorrow was doing 9, the time jump was going to be 2 years.  I thought it was interesting.

Last edited by bashfulblueeyes3 on Fri 13 Jul 2018, 7:44 am; edited 1 time in total

bashfulblueeyes3
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Fri 13 Jul 2018, 12:28 am

I had this fanfiction idea that post Crait the survivors hook up with another rebel group led by an old flame of Poe's who's more Saw Guerrera than Mon Mothma and the result is a lot of trouble between our heroes!Smile
Regarding Lando....wouldn't it be weird if he turned out to be Ben's ally rather than the Resistance's?
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Fri 13 Jul 2018, 12:59 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:I had this fanfiction idea that post Crait the survivors hook up with another rebel group led by an old flame of Poe's who's more Saw Guerrera than Mon Mothma and the result is a lot of trouble between our heroes!Smile
Regarding Lando....wouldn't it be weird if he turned out to be Ben's ally rather than the Resistance's?
@motherofpearl1

Oh, I love your ideas! I really hope they invert expectations and go for something like that...and please write this fanfic WinksD
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Fri 13 Jul 2018, 1:08 am

bashfulblueeyes3 wrote:Two quick added things that I heard on the MSW podcast this week. They were just briefly mention. Regarding Keri Russell’s character, he “heard” that she may be a love interest for Poe. The other one is that he “heard” when Trevorrow was doing 9, the time jump was going to be 2 years. I thought it was interesting.
@bashfulblueeyes3

Wow everyone is hooking up Laughing

Anything about Reylo?
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Fri 13 Jul 2018, 1:30 am

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@vaderito

There was a reddit leaker fairly recently who talked about a Cantina-type sequence involving Poe and Finn... Maybe there's something real there.
@ISeeAnIsland

I wonder if Billy Dee is inovlved in the "bar sequence" - bar sounds like a natural place for Lando. I doubt that they would need Billy Dee through out the whole filming - but if he had to cancel his presence at the some convention at the same time - the possibility of meeting Lando in a bar is
high.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie Fri 13 Jul 2018, 3:51 am

I’ve posted the list of rumours with the list of apparent leaks in Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread but since rumours technically belong to this thread, re-posting the list here:

1. A rumour originating from STV News casting call originally shared on our forum here
Filming of a movie in Scotland, extras needed by a company associated with SW - hence a possibility of Chandrila or yet another green planet appearing in IX.
2. A rumour by NY Daily News originally shared on our forum here
Yoda returning in IX.
3. A rumour by That Hashtag Show originally shared on our forum here
A female character in her 40s code named ‘Mara’ appearing in IX - varied speculation, most popular including Leia’s recast and Rey’s mother.
4. A rumour originating from Irish Independent article originally shared on our forum here
John Boyega saying he needs to grow out his hair for IX - hence a possibility of a time jump.
5. A rumour by That Hashtag Show originally shared on our forum here
An ethnic - preferably African-American - female character in her late teens/mid-twenties code named ‘Caro’ appearing in IX - most popular speculation is Lando’s daughter.
6. A rumour by Fantha Tracks re-posted by Making Star Wars originally shared on our forum here
Lando returning in IX.
7. A rumour by Making Star Wars re-posted by Clemario on reddit originally shared on our forum here
‘Stern-looking’ characters appearing in IX in some type of cantina-looking place with Finn and Poe.
8. A rumour originating from reddit post by thepastjedi originally shared on our forum here
Filming of a big movie in late July/early August in Caserta, Italy, which was one of the locations for Naboo - hence a possibility of Naboo appearing in IX.
9. A rumour by Making Star Wars originally shared on our forum here.
Filming IX in Cardington, UK, which was one of the locations used in RO - hence a possibility of an old Rebel base appearing in IX.
10. A rumour originating from Saskatchewan Entertainment Expo announcement originally shared on our forum here
Billy Dee Williams canceling his appearance at Saskatchewan Entertainment Expo in mid-September due to a film schedule conflict - hence a possibility of Lando returning in IX.
11. A rumour originating from iMOVIEZ Magazine casting call originally shared on our forum here
Filming a big American movie filming in late July/August in Como, Italy, which was one of the locations for Naboo - hence a possibility of Naboo appearing in IX.
12. A rumour by Variety originally shared on our forum here
Keri Russell in early talks for IX - varied speculation, most popular including a darker Resistance member, a Knight of Ren and an assassin as well as Rey’s mother.
13. A rumour by The Hollywood Reporter originally shared on our forum here
Lando returning in IX.
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 13 Jul 2018, 8:24 am

bashfulblueeyes3 wrote:Two quick added things that I heard on the MSW podcast this week.  They were just briefly mentioned.  Regarding Keri Russell’s character, he “heard” that she may be a love interest for Poe.  The other one is that he “heard” when Trevorrow was doing 9, the time jump was going to be 2 years.  I thought it was interesting.
@bashfulblueeyes3

Do you have a time stamp for that? Also, the podcast number or title?

@nana7marie you are doing God's work! cheers It's so easy to find spoilers thanks to your lists. For everyone who wants to check Kylo in MF leak it's here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/8tqgod/description_of_a_concept_art/?st=JIUS0M4F&sh=b8f93111

though I think he's just using that other leak to give himself some credibility. But fun to speculate.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Fri 13 Jul 2018, 9:27 am

vaderito wrote:
bashfulblueeyes3 wrote:Two quick added things that I heard on the MSW podcast this week.  They were just briefly mentioned.  Regarding Keri Russell’s character, he “heard” that she may be a love interest for Poe.  The other one is that he “heard” when Trevorrow was doing 9, the time jump was going to be 2 years.  I thought it was interesting.
@bashfulblueeyes3

Do you have a time stamp for that? Also, the podcast number or title?

@nana7marie you are doing God's work! cheers It's so easy to find spoilers thanks to your lists. For everyone who wants to check Kylo in MF leak it's here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/8tqgod/description_of_a_concept_art/?st=JIUS0M4F&sh=b8f93111

though I think he's just using that other leak to give himself some credibility. But fun to speculate.
@vaderito

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@vaderito

@ISeeAnIsland

Ben flying the MF may be the real leak that Lucasfilm is trying to obscure with the fake leaks. Although, a part of me feels confused about that because wasn't there a tweet by a pro football player that after seeing Solo, he has no doubt Ben will fly the MF, and that someone cast and crew related liked it? Is my memory failing me? lol If not though...it is interesting how LF thought "Oh s***, we were wrong to reveal that" lol
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Fri 13 Jul 2018, 9:27 am

That’s interesting - so doesn’t look like they are going for love triangle then( thank goodness ) - Poe and Finn both have love interests now . If this is true lucasfilm are starting to make this more clear now - Rey is destined for one man and one man only !!!!lol!! Yaaay! Smile
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Fri 13 Jul 2018, 1:44 pm

AhsokaTano wrote:That’s interesting - so doesn’t look like they are going for love triangle then( thank goodness ) - Poe and Finn both have love interests now . If this is true lucasfilm are starting to make this more clear now - Rey is destined for one man and one man only !!!!lol!! Yaaay! Smile
@AhsokaTano

Giving Poe a love interest (keeping in mind that MSW was very hit-and-miss with its info for TLJ), would also amplify Rey's loneliness/sense of feeling "left out" if she's a third or fifth wheel surrounded by couples.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie Fri 13 Jul 2018, 2:38 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:Giving Poe a love interest (keeping in mind that MSW was very hit-and-miss with its info for TLJ), would also amplify Rey's loneliness/sense of feeling "left out" if she's a third or fifth wheel surrounded by couples.
@ISeeAnIsland
On one hand, it’d be quite a cheesy ending to have all characters that mean something end up in a romantic relationship, but on the other hand, it’s an incredibly popular blockbuster aimed at whole families and an iconic franchise known for its cheesy endings (Ewok party anyone?) Razz - plus the end of the trilogy and the saga - so why not? And you’re right, it’d amplify Rey’s loneliness and perhaps finally make her face and acknowledge her feelings for Kylo. I’d still prefer Keri Russell as a darker character - Poe could be with somebody we already know, like Jessika Pava or Connix, or maybe a new not-so-significant character (‘Caro’?).
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Fri 13 Jul 2018, 6:13 pm

I could totally see Keri playing a mysterious hot bad*** Poe falls for.

And ahhhhh thinking of Kylo in MF makes me go nutss.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 Fri 13 Jul 2018, 9:08 pm

@nana7marie thank you!! I love you cheers queen
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Sat 14 Jul 2018, 2:03 am

Maybe I'm the only one who thinks this, but if Keri's character is a love interest for Poe, I hope they are already established in act 1. I don't want to waste my time with the "will they, won't they" part, when the Skywalker family drama and Reylo need a lot of attention to get resolved. We only had the bare minimum in TLJ, as far as Reylo was concerned, and I definitely could have used one extra force bond scene and something post throne room fight.
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next