Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Predictions for Episode 9

+80
Forsythia
YeeRees
Mila Lazarus
Night Huntress
motherofpearl1
SoloSideCousin
AhsokaTano
twilekempire
Teo oswald
snufkin
Lily Snape
Mila95
Birdwoman
californiagirl
Saracene
SanghaRen
guardienne
Dar-ren19
Starliteprism
rey09
Kylo Rey
Riri
MrsWindu
Chris24601
PalmettoBlue
DeeBee
SW_Heroine_Journey
giaciak2
Kylo Men
4forYouRey-lolo
Atenais
LadyGaufrette
MaddieDove
Darth Rowan
Casper
Geralt_Riv
Mielikki
Tex
liveinsummee
Darth_marshmallow
olyer
Rei of Sunshine
PrincessPorg
Moonlight13
princessmoon
Piper Maru
Darth Snoopy
Ramblingrose
sunshine677
Xylo Ren
RosiePancake
BB-Rey
rawpowah
JustMe
bashfulblueeyes3
MyOnlyHope
Darth_Awakened
Apriljandy
CienaRee
Let The Past Die
KnightsofReylo_2015
ReyofLightSide
special_cases
SheLitAFire
12 Parsnips
FrolickingFizzgig
ZioRen
SW Nutt
Man Without A Star
tukicarreno
Irina de France
lauvamp
whisperingwillow
ISeeAnIsland
vaderito
thescavenger
cherrylipstick
nickandnora
IoJovi
Kessel
84 posters

Page 39 of 41 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41  Next

Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 39 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by Lily Snape Thu 27 Dec 2018, 2:33 am

Birdwoman wrote:So, I watched TFA and TLJ one after the other Christmas night. I know one of the arguments made about TLJ was that Rian just threw out what JJ set up. Actually, he did not. He followed what was set up in the first movie. The big difference being that Rian kind of put the breaks on the 'action' part of the movie to develop the characters.
I do believe that Hux will be the big bad in the next movie. That is my prediction.  I could be wrong but in the third act I thought it was foreshadowed that he is ruthless, power hungry and hates Kylo. I remember reading in one of the auxiliary books that Hux has an assassin to kill his enemies.  I wonder if one of the new characters will be that person?
@Birdwoman

I totally agree with you about Hux— I don’t think they want to repeat the OT, and therefore: 1) Kylo will redeem himself and live, unlike his grandfather who died almost immediately after his redemption, and 2) the big bad is no longer just a creepy, robed Force-wielding old guy. He’s a peer, he’s not Force-sensitive, he’s power-hungry, and he’s conniving as hell. And Hux could be a really good bad guy— in the way we all wanted Dolores Umbridge dead in Harry Potter because we know someone like that— she’s a lot more real than Voldemort— I think Hux could be a lot more “real” than someone like Snoke.

I wrote a post (maybe started a thread?) a while back asking for predictions on the lightsaber battle, because there has to be one. But I don’t think they’ll whip up another lightsaber-bearing baddie out of nowhere— I think Hux will be the bad guy. I’m devoutly hoping for another Rey-Kylo lightsaber fight where they’re clearly not out to hurt each other but rather, to get out their frustrations, and I believe it will end with them on the same side. I can even picture him testing or teaching her— the “you need a teacher” thing again— if he’s grown up a bit. But a real fight with real emotions, but without intent to harm, if that makes any sense— two equals with a lot of history sparring with each other. Hopefully with sexual tension you could cut with a knife. Smile
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Mila95 Thu 27 Dec 2018, 4:04 am

Hux as big bad makes the most sense to me.I know a lot of people have an issue with him being used as comic relief and I get that but it really doesn't bother me.The fact that he was humiliated will only make him angrier and more determined imo.And it won't be something like Hux in a one on one fight against Kylo or Rey,he'll be using the FO resources so that seems pretty believable.I could also see the KoR possibly being used as villains as well,that makes more sense to me than them as Kylo's loyal friends tbh.

About Rey's parents,I do think they wanted it to be a mystery but probably not to the obsessive levels it reached lol.It wasn't really all about what the movie set up,I remember speculation about Rey's parents as soon as the casting announcement and first cast picture came out.People immediately started with the is she a Solo or Skywalker stuff before we knew anything else.I guess that was just bound to happen in a sequel trilogy when we knew the OT's kids would very likely show up.I do like how they used audience expectations against them with Rey's parents tho that might be because I skipped the worst of the ReySky speculation because I only got invested after TLJ.

The Snoke theories tho I don't get at all.Nothing about TFA made me think that it's a big mystery and we'll for sure get his backstory.I figured they'll reveal more about how he turned Kylo but most of the theories weren't focused on that.It was all what's his real name,who is he really,how did he become powerful etc.Idk if they maybe hyped the mystery around Snoke after the movie,in the interviews?

Mila95
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Thu 27 Dec 2018, 7:53 am

I guess I will never fully understand the need for more confirmation of Rey’s parent story because I like the approach less is more and relying on actors’ performances. That’s what I enjoyed the most in Mad Max Fury Road. You don’t get the backstories of the characters. Except a little for Furiosa, but even there it’s very little and later in the movie and you don’t see it. Still, you feel she’s been haunted by it and it has guided all her actions up to Fury Road. Very similar approach to what RJ did for Rey. Even for Ben. Give you the bare minimum of information and rely on the actors. The nobody revelation and “join me” scene is to me more powerful because of it. I know, it’s not the same genre neither is it the same audience, but I selfishly don’t care Smile

Big baddie... I am split on that one. Hux did use Phasma to settle a personal grudge so one can assume, he has other Phasma types waiting for his orders indeed. He wouldn’t want to get his own hands dirty, right? What about a KoR member spying for him and waiting for the order to take out Renperor? Please let it be Keri Russell. Yes, I know, I have to get that one out of my head, but it’s really stuck. It could even be 2-3 KoR who see an alliance with Hux as more advantageous and if they are force sensitive (as in former padawans of Luke), that could make up for interesting battles. Maybe they are overthrowing Renperor with Hux and then ditching Hux who ends up with the Resistance.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris24601 Thu 27 Dec 2018, 3:42 pm

I am absolutely down with Hux as the main villain for IX.

All we really need to see to set it up at the start of IX is to show Kylo humiliating Hux again, but show it entirely from Hux's perspective. The camera tracks him as he's tossed like a rag doll and we see his absolute rage at being humiliated and even starting to reach for his blaster as Kylo ignores him before stopping himself. Then cut to Hux in a later scene meeting with other First Order leaders about the need to remove the "Supreme Leader" (dripping with mockery and venom as he says those words) for the good of the First Order and the other leaders nodding in agreement. Explain that he's been systematically removing all those loyal to Kylo Ren via sending them on suicide missions or extended assignments in distant locales in order to isolate Kylo Ren.

Bang! Hux goes from comic relief to monster willing to do anything to repay the humiliations heaped upon him by Kylo Ren, even killing off otherwise loyal officers to weaken Kylo's support.

Then Hux just needs a specialized, likely Force-wielding, assassin who can fight Rey and/or Ben in the third act (they don't have to be particularly strong in the Force relative to Kylo or Rey; they just need enough specialized training that Kylo and Rey can't use raw power to overwhelm them... like being exceptionally good at clouding people's perceptions for example... and very good with an exotic lightsaber resistant melee weapon). Bonus points if they are female and have some close past tie to Kylo as well.

In terms of "rhyming" and "circle theory" IX should be echoing Episode I most of all so I'd expect to see a mirror of the Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan/Darth Maul duel as the climax of the Force side of the film only, as the closer it needs to end with an unqualified victory (i.e. Ben and Rey both live) while the Resistance plays the roles of Naboo/Gungans vs. the First Order/Trade Federation.

One reason I could see for such a split would be while Hux is the main villain akin to a Tarkin in ANH, the REAL conflict is the salvation of Ben Solo and that does not require Ben or Rey to overcome Hux to accomplish... instead its a more personal battle and, by being separate from the Resistance vs. First Order conflict, allows the prospect of Rey and Ben being able to slip away in the confusion afterwards thereby giving Ben an out from spending the rest of his life in prison/exile or just executed... instead he becomes an outlaw like dad (and given that both films of the ST have ended more or less on the Falcon flying off through hyperspace I think Rey and Ben aboard the Falcon as it soars off is practically a given for the ending... probably with Chewie and either BB-8 or R2/3PO with them; mirroring Ben's family... Ben/Han, Rey/Leia, Chewie and the droids).

Chris24601
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Thu 27 Dec 2018, 6:20 pm

Chris24601 wrote:I am absolutely down with Hux as the main villain for IX.

All we really need to see to set it up at the start of IX is to show Kylo humiliating Hux again, but show it entirely from Hux's perspective. The camera tracks him as he's tossed like a rag doll and we see his absolute rage at being humiliated and even starting to reach for his blaster as Kylo ignores him before stopping himself. Then cut to Hux in a later scene meeting with other First Order leaders about the need to remove the "Supreme Leader" (dripping with mockery and venom as he says those words) for the good of the First Order and the other leaders nodding in agreement. Explain that he's been systematically removing all those loyal to Kylo Ren via sending them on suicide missions or extended assignments in distant locales in order to isolate Kylo Ren.

Bang! Hux goes from comic relief to monster willing to do anything to repay the humiliations heaped upon him by Kylo Ren, even killing off otherwise loyal officers to weaken Kylo's support.

Then Hux just needs a specialized, likely Force-wielding, assassin who can fight Rey and/or Ben in the third act (they don't have to be particularly strong in the Force relative to Kylo or Rey; they just need enough specialized training that Kylo and Rey can't use raw power to overwhelm them... like being exceptionally good at clouding people's perceptions for example... and very good with an exotic lightsaber resistant melee weapon). Bonus points if they are female and have some close past tie to Kylo as well.

In terms of "rhyming" and "circle theory" IX should be echoing Episode I most of all so I'd expect to see a mirror of the Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan/Darth Maul duel as the climax of the Force side of the film only, as the closer it needs to end with an unqualified victory (i.e. Ben and Rey both live) while the Resistance plays the roles of Naboo/Gungans vs. the First Order/Trade Federation.

One reason I could see for such a split would be while Hux is the main villain akin to a Tarkin in ANH, the REAL conflict is the salvation of Ben Solo and that does not require Ben or Rey to overcome Hux to accomplish... instead its a more personal battle and, by being separate from the Resistance vs. First Order conflict, allows the prospect of Rey and Ben being able to slip away in the confusion afterwards thereby giving Ben an out from spending the rest of his life in prison/exile or just executed... instead he becomes an outlaw like dad (and given that both films of the ST have ended more or less on the Falcon flying off through hyperspace I think Rey and Ben aboard the Falcon as it soars off is practically a given for the ending... probably with Chewie and either BB-8 or R2/3PO with them; mirroring Ben's family... Ben/Han, Rey/Leia, Chewie and the droids).
@Chris24601

and I like the idea of keeping Leia alive at the end, opposite of Shmi, telling him that it is okay to come home now, again opposite of Anakin being taken away from his mother. Ultimately, I have faith in that I will be pretty satisfied with whatever IX offers, but fun to air out the wishlist.

Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Thu 27 Dec 2018, 11:34 pm

Ok, I am home alone with sleeping children rewatching TLJ. When Kylo asks Rey to rule with him to create 'A New Order.'
I wonder if that might be the new title of 9 because the 8 title was stated in TFA?

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris24601 Fri 28 Dec 2018, 12:11 pm

Birdwoman wrote:Ok, I am home alone with sleeping children rewatching TLJ. When Kylo asks Rey to rule with him to create 'A New Order.'
I wonder if that might be the new title of 9 because the 8 title was stated in TFA?
@Birdwoman

Not even a ghost of a chance. I believe this has been discussed before in one of the threads or another, but "The New Order" was actually the term used by Hitler for his regime. There is a zero percent chance Disney would allow anything sounding like Nazi propaganda as an episode title.

Chris24601
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Fri 28 Dec 2018, 12:22 pm

I didn't realize Hitler used that term. Yeah, that idea is out. It will be interesting to see what the title will end up being.

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape Sat 29 Dec 2018, 12:11 am

Chris24601 wrote:
Birdwoman wrote:Ok, I am home alone with sleeping children rewatching TLJ. When Kylo asks Rey to rule with him to create 'A New Order.'
@Birdwoman

Not even a ghost of a chance. I believe this has been discussed before in one of the threads or another, but "The New Order" was actually the term used by Hitler for his regime. There is a zero percent chance Disney would allow anything sounding like Nazi propaganda as an episode title.
@Chris24601

And here I am thinking it was just a 1980s alterna-band. Wink So— definitely nope.
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sat 29 Dec 2018, 9:45 pm

Lily Snape wrote:
Chris24601 wrote:
@Birdwoman

@Chris24601

And here I am thinking it was just a 1980s alterna-band. Wink So— definitely nope.
@Lily Snape

Oh yeah, they were the survivors of Joy Division after the lead singer's suicide. Both band names were historic references to that era and definitely wouldn't be appropriate for the title of a Disney film.

As for villain predictions, if they keep Hux as a minor character and/or comic relief punching bag, what a waste. There's been build-up for two chapters now of their rivalry, his ambitions, the 2x he's been thwarted in trying to take out Kylo, and most of all, the person who's playing him can really deliver the goods. I suspect a previous track record of playing nice guys/male ingenues (and I suspect his character in another wizard franchise) is maybe blinding some of the audience to how good he is at being bad (the "OUR SUPREME LEADER IS DEAD!" moment is amazing, both for the genuine hysteria and subterfuge), especially if they haven't seen Ex Machina or The Little Stranger. Not to mention all of his press appearances with Daisy when they play off each other so well and we know that Hux has sneered about "personal interests" and "thuh guuuurlll" for two movies now. While Poe is an example of how a supporting character who's not terribly well written can't really float on an actor's charisma, in the case of Hux there's actual good writing to go with the character's role in the story and the talents of the person playing him. Also with the press appearances, he's very much following the "I had so much fun being bad" talking points you hear about villains, as opposed to the supposed Big Bad™️.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Fri 04 Jan 2019, 9:55 pm

When we're so deprived of SW content that even Hollywood Reporter is getting into the title speculation game lol.

Also I don't like any of their hypothetical titles. Nobody ever guessed a SW title correctly.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/what-is-star-wars-episode-ix-title-1173197
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Sat 05 Jan 2019, 4:48 pm

I do not see Hux a bad boy, do not get me wrong guys ,
  he is on the side of the dark side ok , but I think he is the classic guy who wants control and power and for this he is willing to do anything.
the stormtrooper ...... I asked myself if everyone is like Finn or if only he is "different"
If they had only brainwashed , if the dogmas of the empire had conditioned them, they would explain the reason for their behavior. Maybe I'm a person who sees the good in everything but I would not mind seeing that part of the first order just wants to end the war.
are not they tired of fighting? Finn is a start, even in the last jedi, DJ said something very interesting about good and evil, "it's all a machine" everyone acts for their own interest, and not because they want to do good things or bad things. in any case if Hux will become "the villain" that will bring Ben Solo into the arms of Rey, I'm fine with it Smile sorry for my eng Smile

Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by twilekempire Sat 05 Jan 2019, 11:12 pm

californiagirl wrote:When we're so deprived of SW content that even Hollywood Reporter is getting into the title speculation game lol.

Also I don't like any of their hypothetical titles. Nobody ever guessed a SW title correctly.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/what-is-star-wars-episode-ix-title-1173197
@californiagirl

I'm happy to see any and all speculation! Thanks for sharing. But also... that Hollywood Reporter article seems so low effort to me. "The Knights of Ren"? Honestly? All the prior titles had a thematic component and evoked some kind of mystery or feeling. That's just literally the name of a group some folks (are valid to) wish will be in IX. It says nothing beyond that. I wish they'd put a little more oomph into it and taken a little more risks.
twilekempire
twilekempire
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Mon 07 Jan 2019, 8:36 am

Hi all this isn’t my prediction ( full credit goes to poster on reddit ) but wanted to share this here because I kind of really liked this idea although it’s not something I would have thought initially for episode 9. :
Killing Kylo
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsCantina/comments/ad8qku/killing_kylo/?st=JQLDC3O9&sh=5e191eaa

Have a read and see what you think ? I know it would take away from reylo screen time and it’s probably not what Lucasfilm have in mind at all but it would be a great way to unite the fandom and gives us Bendemption and reverse Anakin at the same time with the kids .
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Mon 14 Jan 2019, 9:12 pm

Exactly @iojovi!  

Rey is not a saint.  She is impulsive. She reacts with violence way too easily.  She is largely a black and white thinker.  She started to break out of this with Ben, but when he didn't play ball, she went right home to mama with "Woo-hoo!"  And she thinks this way because she is the queen of denial to the point that she can cause severe damage and not be particularly honest.

She drones about having to save the Resistance to Luke like a Stepford Wife, but that is not why she is really there.  He has to drag it out of her to make her admit that she is there to learn about the force in herself.

She loves Ben when he "figuratively" takes her virginity when they touch fingers over the fire. (Rian said it was basically the only sex scene in SW).  She is willing to "be with him" so intimately that they can see each other's souls.  She is willing to risk life and limb for this vulnerable, "naked", wide-eyed and teary-eyed man, who looks at her like his love for her has no bounds. Yet, she tells Luke that she need to turn him to the light because of the war.  

She gets close to his body in the elevator, calls him "Ben", defends "Ben" to Snoke, grabs his lightsaber and grabs his thigh.  But when he intensely looks at her like he wants her right then and there, she looks at him for a second and then turns and starts going on about the fleet.  

She denies him in part because his hand his gloved, thus signifying Kylo, when it was ungloved Ben who touched her over the fire.  But the thing is, the gloved man saved her life, committed treason for her,  asked her to be his co-equal and begged her to be with him.  If the gloved/ungloved thing means anything, which I think it does because a lot of attention was paid to his hands when he offered them to her ... then it was *Kylo* who saved her, committed treason for her, fought with her, took on three men at one time for her, offered her a co-equal position and begged her.  Kylo who has done bad things and is on the wrong side of the force, Kylo, who openly wants her.  She wants him too, but she doesn't want to want "Kylo".  She's not supposed to want "Kylo". She should only want Ben. Ben is safe and talks encouragingly to her in the night and takes her "virginity " in the most gentle way possible. Kylo is bad, bad, bad ... except Kylo did all these amazing, self-sacrificing things for her.  Kylo and Ben are one in the same, but she can't deal with that yet.  Hence the return home to "Mama Denial" with "the fleet" and "Woo-hoo!"

She gets "black and white" with him when she closes the door on him, but when she talks about the Resistance with Leia, it rings hollow.  She sees Finn and Rose together and knows that she could have had that too and not be sitting alone had she made a different decision over the past day (like talk a little more to Kylo/Ben).  She talks Resistance as she mournfully holds half of the lightsaber.  It is a moment like that which is not particularly honest.

She has the pieces to be a great, complex character. The ST is great because they are willing to take away the perfection of the OT3 and create the best character ever, Kylo/Ben.  Everything is right there to be complex and imperfect.  They just need to follow up with it.  They have not really done that enough, given that she ends each movie as a saint, while Ben carries all the bad guy weight.  But when you look at them, they are very much alike. She just didn't have 2 powerful forcemasters using her to fulfill their aims. Also, Ben needs to work hard to be dark ... she actually seems to be the opposite.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Tue 15 Jan 2019, 12:14 am

Exactly how I feel about Rey. I actually think she has played a part in creating Renperor, not so much her rejection but the manner of it. Rey is not the Mary Sue so many dismiss her as but a grey character as conflicted as Kylo.

If the recent leaks about the lightsabres are true, then they are implying this in IX - I remember how it was stated unequivocally that Kylo's crackling blade represented his unstable nature.

I do wish, however, that they would show the Resistance as not quite saints.....but I suspect that's not going to happen.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Tue 15 Jan 2019, 1:53 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:

I do wish, however, that they would show the Resistance as not quite saints.....but I suspect that's not going to happen.
@motherofpearl1

I don't think they go into that in the movies...but maybe in the EU / Comics / TV shows? Just like we fully got to see how flawed the Jedi really were in the Clone Wars animated series.

I mean I personally picked it up fine from the prequel movies alone- but some people still seemed to think the Jedi were saints who did nothing wrong and should be brought back just like they were before Order 66 wiped them out...which is just so wrong.

The same goes for the "Resistance" or rather what they stand for "trying to restore the Republic" - which was obviously flawed and lasted just as long as the Empire...
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by YeeRees Tue 15 Jan 2019, 10:38 am

The wider Star Wars canon such as Rebels and Resistance is already showing these people are flawed and they make mistakes and are tempted into selfish acts. They aren’t perfect and they struggle but they help each other and often find solutions by listening and learning from those outside of their experience.

We see these struggles in the movies too. The Resistance aren’t perfect, they make mistakes and let negative emotions get the better of them from time to time. But they find a way through it by being open to those around them and not choosing the selfish path.

I don’t concur with much of the harsh criticism of Rey because she is struggling and learning. She isn’t perfect but she’s on the right path.

I don’t see the dark side as something that has to be controlled and used as a tool. In Star Wars, as in life, it’s not about controlling but overcoming and not letting darkness consume you or dictate your actions. It’s not about denial of the dark side but acceptance of it because acceptance neutralises the hold dark emotions have on a person. The Clone Wars gave a clear depiction of this with Yoda on Moraband. To this end, I do not see Gray Jedi ever being part of Star Wars canon.
YeeRees
YeeRees
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 15 Jan 2019, 2:52 pm

Without spoilers/leaks or even any marketing material available yet, this would be my current running list of expectations:

1) First Order's public story is that Snoke & the Praets were killed by Holdo's kamikaze run through the Supremacy, which knocked out Kylo, & enabled Rey's escape. Because otherwise they'd look like chumps having her escape 2x plus Hux obviously suspects that something is up
2) Force Bond is like muting or blocking your ex on Facebook. Or like Han turning off the com on EchoBase after his fight with Leia because "I don't wanna talk to her."
3) Time jump and opening allows for Rose & Finn to be a couple and for Rose and Rey to become friends which finally has the franchise showing two women just getting to hang out/talk & not be there in the service of the male characters
4) Most likely major character deaths are Hux and Poe
5) Ben will 'make things right' by Rey for his s*** classicist proposal by admitting to her face that he's in awe (and in Cher Horowitz's words, one of the main reasons why he's totally butt crazy in love with her) of how she's stronger than she knows. More like Han's whole "she's got a lot of spirit" line that shows his first taking an interest in Leia versus cheesy "you are so beautiful" lines in the PT.
6) He will also revisit/reverse his confrontations with Finn
7) Final act will have Rey and Ben facing down something catastrophic where the two of them have to team up together again, which is what the Force has always been guiding them towards. However Ben will do something self sacrificing (and probably repeat his Force faint move on her) to face it himself in order to atone for his past actions and to protect her.
Cool Ben will run a gauntlet of something meant to kill him a la Han going out on to the bridge. It will probably devastate him and lead to a near death moment. If they aren't stupid, he'll be reborn from this moment, likely because of Rey's intervention via their Force connection. I also think there may be a revisit of the Force Swoon/Bridal Carry moment where he pulls it on her so he can go face/atone alone.
9) Various typical fandom hangouts are going to explode with outrage over how JJ "sold out" Star Wars, "sold out" Han/Leia/Luke, "sold out" Rey who should've been a "strong female character" or stoic Jedi like Luke, how Rey having a love scene with the villain who survives and lives to be with her is "selling out" the character to little girls who need her as a "role model" et cetera et cetera. I plan on having a BINGO card and big tub of popcorn for this part
10) Unca Wanwo has a very limited role, likely filmed at Bad Robot, where he returns in service of the Resistance, has his heartfelt reunion with the Falcon, but it turns more into part of Ben's return to the truth of his family.
11) There will be kissing and something equal to "I love you...I know."
12) Super wish list - I want so badly for Hux and Rey to finally meet where it's the deleted scene he had with Rose. Because she's become his rival's #1 personal interest and the reason why he's botched/thwarted so many things Hux has been scheming about in his rise to power.

I'm glad they've figured out some way to repurpose the scrapped footage Carrie shot for TFA to ensure that Leia has some presence in IX other than just killing her off screen. Though I'll always be sad we'll never get a scene between her and Ben because she would've wrote it and it would've been equal parts heart breaking and hilarious like the scenes from Postcards from the Edge and Mother which riffed on her and Debbie's relationship

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Tue 15 Jan 2019, 3:20 pm

@snufkin I have a strong suspicion that JJ won't be able to resist putting a spin on or referencing "I love you.. I know" Smile Especially when Han's own son is in his movie.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Tue 15 Jan 2019, 3:36 pm

@snufkin

Hey I really enjoyed reading all of the above and would very much enjoy seeing an easy friendship between Rey abd Rose. I can certainly see a sorry ending for Hux but I’m wondering if they’d reserve Poe to fight another day (in ten years time) I can totally see a Ben sacrifice with survival though that will most likely get some fandoms knickers in a twist. And yes parallel force faint action or bridal carry that  J.J. first introduced us to would be most fitting in IX. It will be most interesting as the months roll by

Haha I remember the bingo cards we had before TLJ was released, oh happy days. It will be most interesting as the months roll by.
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 15 Jan 2019, 5:54 pm

@Saracene I agree with this, especially because Rey and Ben are like his parents at the end of TLJ, miserable and missing each other but retreating back to their comfort zones, "the only thing we were each good at."  And I think having Keri Russell around, regardless of who her character turns out to be, harkens back to JJ's first big project, Felicity, which is about a young woman coming-of-age and figuring out her place in the world/relationships (friends and romantic).

@MrsWindu I'm predicting that Poe dies because Oscar Isaac has been making the sweet space bucks allowing his image to be used for the comic books, being in the cast of Resistance, and most important sweet talked JJ out of killing him off after 15 minutes. IDK - the amount of Poe centered content they're putting out right now makes me think that's a sign he's not going to be front and center in their post IX worldbuilding the way the Phasma novel also was. But I'll eat my hat if there isn't some kind of return/callback to the force faint/bridal carry moment that's overtly Romeo and Juliet given the music that was written for the original scene.

Oh I forgot another one which would go in the Crack/Wildcard spot for BINGO, Matt Smith is playing Ransolm Casterfo because the supporting characters in Bloodline) were originally going to be part of TFA (and Korr Sella only turned up in the shot of Hosnian Prime as Leia's doomed envoy), but got cut in the editing process.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Tue 15 Jan 2019, 6:35 pm

snufkin wrote:@Saracene I agree with this, especially because Rey and Ben are like his parents at the end of TLJ, miserable and missing each other but retreating back to their comfort zones, "the only thing we were each good at."  And I think having Keri Russell around, regardless of who her character turns out to be, harkens back to JJ's first big project, Felicity, which is about a young woman coming-of-age and figuring out her place in the world/relationships (friends and romantic).

@MrsWindu I'm predicting that Poe dies because Oscar Isaac has been making the sweet space bucks allowing his image to be used for the comic books, being in the cast of Resistance, and most important sweet talked JJ out of killing him off after 15 minutes. IDK - the amount of Poe centered content they're putting out right now makes me think that's a sign he's not going to be front and center in their post IX worldbuilding the way the Phasma novel also was. But I'll eat my hat if there isn't some kind of return/callback to the force faint/bridal carry moment that's overtly Romeo and Juliet given the music that was written for the original scene.

Oh I forgot another one which would go in the Crack/Wildcard spot for BINGO, Matt Smith is playing Ransolm Casterfo because the supporting characters in Bloodline) were originally going to be part of TFA (and Korr Sella only turned up in the shot of Hosnian Prime as Leia's doomed envoy), but got cut in the editing process.
@snufkin

Like how you mentioned Finn vs Kylo, really hope they revisit this, I want kylo to redeem himself from almost killing finn! Always dreamed of kylo/ben helping him find his parents but there's no time lol

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 15 Jan 2019, 7:09 pm

@rey09  I expected part of Rey's initial hostility/confrontation with Kylo include him beating up Finn. But the topic never came up once. It was about how she watched him brutally reject the one thing she wanted more than anything and was never going to get. Which is part of the fundamental misunderstanding between the two characters, Ben doesn't understand (at least not yet) that while Rey experienced that same type of trauma/loss of trust at the hands of an adult guardian, it's shaped her into a very different person with a very different agenda than the path he's on. The Lewton Bus blog had that great observation of where you could see Rian lifting part of Looper for TLJ, her backstory is the same as Young Joe's. Bartered off as a child by a desperate addict parent makes them the classic ACOA, eager to prove themselves worthwhile (Joe's motivation is proving that he's a good/worthy person because his mother sold him off for a fix). If they "make things right" with all the verbal queues dropped in the ST scripts and Solo, Ben will figure all of this out as part of "too much of his father's heart" in him. I sort of figured at least with Han and especially Luke - they were each able to take responsibility and try to do the right thing, which Rey's parents likely never could (my personal opinion until LF ever writes anything is that the shame and guilt over what they did to their daughter is part of the downward spiral that left them dead in a pauper's grave).

That said,I would expect at least *something* in IX to revisit/resolve the conflict with Finn seeing as how he's Rey's best friend who has no idea she was off holding hands with the guy who punched him out and put him in the hospital. Like if I were getting handed this story to write the next/final chapter, that would be the central big dirty secret to have blow up in the middle of the relationships and agendas. And I sort of expect that whatever big sacrificial moment Ben has will revisit Snow Fight in that he'll be taking a hit to deflect it off of the other 2 central characters (and despite whatever people argue, we all know that Snow Fight was the 3 central characters in the ST).
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 41 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41  Next