Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Predictions for Episode 9

+80
Forsythia
YeeRees
Mila Lazarus
Night Huntress
motherofpearl1
SoloSideCousin
AhsokaTano
twilekempire
Teo oswald
snufkin
Lily Snape
Mila95
Birdwoman
californiagirl
Saracene
SanghaRen
guardienne
Dar-ren19
Starliteprism
rey09
Kylo Rey
Riri
MrsWindu
Chris24601
PalmettoBlue
DeeBee
SW_Heroine_Journey
giaciak2
Kylo Men
4forYouRey-lolo
Atenais
LadyGaufrette
MaddieDove
Darth Rowan
Casper
Geralt_Riv
Mielikki
Tex
liveinsummee
Darth_marshmallow
olyer
Rei of Sunshine
PrincessPorg
Moonlight13
princessmoon
Piper Maru
Darth Snoopy
Ramblingrose
sunshine677
Xylo Ren
RosiePancake
BB-Rey
rawpowah
JustMe
bashfulblueeyes3
MyOnlyHope
Darth_Awakened
Apriljandy
CienaRee
Let The Past Die
KnightsofReylo_2015
ReyofLightSide
special_cases
SheLitAFire
12 Parsnips
FrolickingFizzgig
ZioRen
SW Nutt
Man Without A Star
tukicarreno
Irina de France
lauvamp
whisperingwillow
ISeeAnIsland
vaderito
thescavenger
cherrylipstick
nickandnora
IoJovi
Kessel
84 posters

Page 38 of 41 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next

Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 38 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by MrsWindu Fri 21 Dec 2018, 1:40 pm

There is nothing new in this months Empire regarding IX, but gives a general overview of what we know so far.
Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 38 Img32010
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Fri 21 Dec 2018, 4:28 pm

@MrsWindu

Wait, John Boyega confirmed that IX takes place roughly 1 year after TLJ? Did I miss something? Could well be, since I am in and out of SW stuff.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Fri 21 Dec 2018, 5:24 pm

@MrsWindu

I saw that too! That must be a mistake surely? When did he ever confirm?

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 Fri 21 Dec 2018, 6:28 pm

SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:
Starliteprism wrote:Hey all!! The thought just hit me. What if in Rey's force vision, when Kylo appears to approach her with Knights of Ren behind him...what if that is not Kylo but the OTHER APPRENTICE, who could have been in charge of Knights of Ren prior to Kylo...

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 38 Ixmmd2rq6gwz
@Starliteprism

Interesting.....I know that postedbygaslight on tumblr (and others, I am certain) is guessing that Keri Russell is playing this character. Very intriguing how all of this will tie together. Smile
@SW_Heroine_Journey

Kerri isn't that tall, though...
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Fri 21 Dec 2018, 6:46 pm

@MrsWindu The only thing that does annoy me here is when articles claim nobody believes Rey's parenys are no one. It was tiring even before TLJ, I'm just so over it at this point. Literally none of them say that she claimed they were no one first.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Fri 21 Dec 2018, 9:31 pm

Dar-ren19 wrote:
Starliteprism wrote:Hey all!! The thought just hit me. What if in Rey's force vision, when Kylo appears to approach her with Knights of Ren behind him...what if that is not Kylo but the OTHER APPRENTICE, who could have been in charge of Knights of Ren prior to Kylo...

@Starliteprism

Interesting.....I know that postedbygaslight on tumblr (and others, I am certain) is guessing that Keri Russell is playing this character. Very intriguing how all of this will tie together. Smile
@SW_Heroine_Journey

@Dar-ren19

True...this is when my fantasy of Gal Gadot and Adam Driver in the same movie together would be awesome. She's tall. Then it would be hmmm. Razz

If Kerri is playing the bounty hunter/apprentice character which is the same character Rey saw in her vision...it may be a circumstance of LF and JJ planning well, but not perfectly well.

This is exciting...we shall see! Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Fri 21 Dec 2018, 9:40 pm

One year gap is good if true...imagine the crazy reylo sexual tension!!! Ah when two heart broken lovers meet again after a long time....squealing just at the thought of it

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 Fri 21 Dec 2018, 9:45 pm

Dar-ren19 wrote:

@Starliteprism

@SW_Heroine_Journey

@Dar-ren19

True...this is when my fantasy of Gal Gadot and Adam Driver in the same movie together would be awesome. She's tall. Then it would be hmmm. Razz

If Kerri is playing the bounty hunter/apprentice character which is the same character Rey saw in her vision...it may be a circumstance of LF and JJ planning well, but not perfectly well.

@SW_Heroine_Journey

Wait, exactly which KOR are we talking about here? Not the one that has Kylo's helmet and saber, right? Which one in the pic above?
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Fri 21 Dec 2018, 9:47 pm

A one year time jump would be fantastic and the same as I guessed. Bodes very well for Bendemption. Kylo is going to be a unstable, broken mess, rather than being solidified in the dark side after five years of terrorising the Galaxy like a lot of these long time jump predictors think. If true, the Reylos are right YET AGAIN.

The cracked helmet leaker (who has been backed up on several details now by MSW, e.g. BB8 sidekick, KOR, plot of The Mandalorian, is looking quite legit), also said there would be one year time jump.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Fri 21 Dec 2018, 9:54 pm

Dar-ren19 wrote:
Dar-ren19 wrote:

@Starliteprism

@SW_Heroine_Journey

@Dar-ren19

@SW_Heroine_Journey

Wait, exactly which KOR are we talking about here? Not the one that has Kylo's helmet and saber, right? Which one in the pic above?
@Dar-ren19

I recall a post on tumblr...and then based on the post here, I thought...ooh, what if...but definitely not married to it. Smile (I don't think Starliteprism is, either). Smile

The post on tumblr

http://postedbygaslight.tumblr.com/post/181078631017/the-last-jedi-ultimate-guide-came-out-yesterday

SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 Fri 21 Dec 2018, 10:15 pm

Dar-ren19 wrote:
Dar-ren19 wrote:

@Starliteprism

@SW_Heroine_Journey

@Dar-ren19

@SW_Heroine_Journey

@Dar-ren19

I recall a post on tumblr...and then based on the post here, I thought...ooh, what if...but definitely not married to it. Smile (I don't think Starliteprism is, either). Smile

The post on tumblr

http://postedbygaslight.tumblr.com/post/181078631017/the-last-jedi-ultimate-guide-came-out-yesterday

@SW_Heroine_Journey

Thanks SW... I'd seen that post by Gaslight... but what I was confused about was which one of those figures (in Rey's vision while she was in Maz's Cantina) is Kerri rumored to be? That's what I was asking Smile
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Fri 21 Dec 2018, 10:28 pm

Very Happy Smile It may be the case of the telephone game, but I am interpreting the guess to be the one that was interpreted as Kylo. My interpretation could be wrong though...blush...

You know...she could be one of the others... Very Happy Smile

Creatives tend to repeat themselves. Smile ..so J.J. with Alias...he featured bad*** fights between two equal female opponents. I will not be surprised if Kerri's character and Rey battle more than Kerri's character battles Ben (if at all) - if Ben is involved, it is to help Rey, but I think J.J. will involve that only if Rey asks for help. (He is rather feminist awesome Smile)

SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Sat 22 Dec 2018, 1:16 am

Dar-ren19 wrote:
Dar-ren19 wrote:

@Starliteprism

@SW_Heroine_Journey

@Dar-ren19

@SW_Heroine_Journey

@Dar-ren19

The post on tumblr

@SW_Heroine_Journey

Yea, not married to the idea and just a passing, 'Hmm...' And also in your link above, "at LEAST one other apprentice" is intriguing as well, as in maybe there are two other Snoke apprentices cruising around the galaxy?
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Sat 22 Dec 2018, 5:54 am

@SanghaRen @Dar-ren19 I honestly don’t know the John B source they’re referring to as even with my memory I would have remembered and something like that would have been discussed. So I hope we’ll be enlightened soon.

Ummm so those reading this may want to know I posted my Empire (subscribers edition) scan yesterday evening U.K. time. But hey look where else it’s turned up a few hours after and whoever posted it was called ‘ One trusty redditor scanned the page and posted it for Star Wars fans to check out.‘

I don’t want to make it into a big thing but Lurkers I’m not posting any more scans for you to take credit.

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 38 E286e810

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/a8fqzn/john_boyega_confirms_that_ep_ix_is_set_to_take/?sort=new

https://dorksideoftheforce.com/2018/12/21/star-wars-episode-ix-timeline/
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Sun 23 Dec 2018, 7:23 pm

Kylo Rey wrote:A one year time jump would be fantastic and the same as I guessed. Bodes very well for Bendemption. Kylo is going to be a unstable, broken mess, rather than being solidified in the dark side after five years of terrorising the Galaxy like a lot of these long time jump predictors think. If true, the Reylos are right YET AGAIN.

The cracked helmet leaker (who has been backed up on several details now by MSW, e.g. BB8 sidekick, KOR, plot of The Mandalorian, is looking quite legit), also said there would be one year time jump.
@Kylo Rey

omg so I'm thinking they had no contact at all and the one year later when movie starts...Leia's death. Perhaps when it happens, it shakes Kylo to the core as he feels his last remaining loved one die. And then Rey *feels* all his crazy emotions and it affects her too. And then zap, they meet again. That would be intense.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Mon 24 Dec 2018, 3:01 am

MrsWindu wrote:@SanghaRen @Dar-ren19 I honestly don’t know the John B source they’re referring to as even with my memory I would have remembered and something like that would have been discussed. So I hope we’ll be enlightened soon.

Ummm so those reading this may want to know I posted my Empire (subscribers edition) scan yesterday evening U.K. time. But hey look where else it’s turned up a few hours after and whoever posted it was called ‘ One trusty redditor scanned the page and posted it for Star Wars fans to check out.‘

I don’t want to make it into a big thing but Lurkers I’m not posting any more scans for you to take credit.

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 38 E286e810

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/a8fqzn/john_boyega_confirms_that_ep_ix_is_set_to_take/?sort=new

https://dorksideoftheforce.com/2018/12/21/star-wars-episode-ix-timeline/
@MrsWindu

Your scan is making babies all over the interwebz now.
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 Mon 24 Dec 2018, 3:03 pm

I find that article kind of obtuse and not much better than fanboi tripe.
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by guardienne Wed 26 Dec 2018, 12:21 pm

i agree with a lot of this from a storytelling perspective. esp finn being allowed to have some kind of relevant story. 

guardienne
guardienne
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Wed 26 Dec 2018, 4:13 pm

guardienne wrote:i agree with a lot of this from a storytelling perspective. esp finn being allowed to have some kind of relevant story. 

@guardienne

I agree with half maybe and I am bored on this festive season which I dislike so I’ll throw my thoughts in Smile.

I am satisfied with the explanation on Rey’s parents and need no visual confirmation in IX. I also don’t see any problem with Rey’s vision in TFA. There is no need for further explanation. She had it because the force wanted to awaken her and meet her destiny as the counterpart to Ben (light/dark, yin/yang, etc). Also, Poe was a shallow fun character in TFA so I am not sure why he’s always mentioned as part of the main trio in TFA. If anything it’s TLJ that gave him consistency thanks to his conflicts with hierarchy. As the need to rebuild the Resistance, I don’t see it as a real limitation. Let’s bear in mind that Leia mentions allies in TLJ so that’s a door wide open. They might have not shown up in TLJ but they could now after hearing about Luke’s act of heroism, which was the whole point of broom boy telling the story. KoR: we are so going to see them in IX Very Happy The only real limitation I see is the absence of big villain. And even there, I disagree with Ben being dehumanized to become the big baddie being a viable option while having just another new character fill Snoke’s role undermines TLJ (bonus point for seeing that he is humanized in TLJ). Both would undermine TLJ. So this is the biggest question mark for me going into IX: who is the baddie? Dark hidden apprentice is my favorite idea so far. Finn: yeah. I hope he starts that stormtrooper revolution. Please, JJ, make that one happen.

The more I think about it, the more I see a difference of storytelling styles being the issue rather than the storytelling itself. IX will confirm this, or not, but I think the story in the end will make sense as much as the OT did i.e. in a SW way not a psychological thriller way Very Happy
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Wed 26 Dec 2018, 5:08 pm

Does there need to be a big baddie at all?

In terms of big picture, the Resistance have to defeat the FO machine, not the individual at the head of it. It's not like the LoTR movies where heroes have to defeat Sauron specifically. Throughout the ST so far, they always refer to the enemy as, "we have to defeat the First Order", not "we have to defeat Snoke". Snoke's death in TLJ in fact shows that the FO leaders are interchangeable. It also doesn't really matter from the Resistance point of view if the person in charge is force-sensitive or not.

As far as Rey's story goes, you can in fact have a story with drama and danger for the protagonist without a big baddie involved. If anything, none of the SW trilogies end with the protagonist fighting the Big Bad, comic book movie-style. Luke doesn't fight Palpatine in RotJ and Anakin fights Obi-Wan in RotS.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by guardienne Wed 26 Dec 2018, 5:37 pm

@SanghaRen

alright, i'm slightly bored myself  Winks mostly watching these things because surely there must be opinions out there that are even-tempered and not obsessed with either thinking it'S the worst movie in history or the best thing since sliced bread. 

anyway. 

I am satisfied with the explanation on Rey’s parents and need no visual confirmation in IX.

i thought they meant to have visual confirmation or visual storytelling for this in TLJ, which i would have wildly appreciated. anything at all. it's now a bunch of lines and it leads nowhere at all. 

I also don’t see any problem with Rey’s vision in TFA. 

i don't want it explained either. i think i want it to be meaningful. it's like she'S prescient with stuff and ... that's it. it has no story or arc function. she doesn't grow through it, she just accepts these things and moves on. 

KoR: we are so going to see them in IX

well, whatever, really. they will probably be killed off immediately, for the purpose of creating more pointless side characters we can buy action figures of /cynicism

I see a difference of storytelling styles being the issue

perhaps. i do think that a longer time gap would solve a lot of problems that i see with making the story interesting (for me) again. i can't say i care for johnson's approach and demeanor at all and i hope that jj brings some fun, heart and love back into the fold. i think he messed up presenting a whole host of mysteries that he hadn't even bibled out and solved. 

the thing about humanising kylo is like ... already happened? like, we learn nothing at all about any of those characters in TLJ, with the exception of poe actually, who gets to learn something about blindly obeying authority. 

anyway, i dearly hope the first order builds up some steam of menace before it will inevitably self-destruct.

@saracene

it makes more sense to have a properly externalised villain to build a protagonist up against. otherwise it's just going to be a bunch of meandering. the 'machine' of the FO would need to be personified. 

i mean, that's my opinion and all, but i'm straining to think of a story that doesn't go for any of the shadowing and defeating the evil within business. like if there's anything at all in SW, it seems to be that.
guardienne
guardienne
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Wed 26 Dec 2018, 6:22 pm

@guardienne I'm sure that the FO will be represented by individuals, probably Hux and maybe some new cast members.

It's more that the definition of the Big Bad for SW fandom seems to be, "a powerful dark sider who sits on the throne, gives orders to henchmen and is behind it all". We've had this sort of character in the ST and now he's dead. I don't think anyone else is going to be slotted into his place by the end of the film. I do expect Kylo to be the primary villain for a chunk of the film, but even then I expect him to be more active than Palpatine or Snoke.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Thu 27 Dec 2018, 12:52 am

I've wondered for years if TFA really had many mystery boxes at all. All the emphasis on theories of who is Snoke, who are Rey's parents, even the obsessive focus on Luke, who is clearly not the main character of the ST, were a little baffling at the time, since none were technically posed as questions within the narrative itself, and even more embarrassing in hindsight. Not that any of those questions are inherently bad ones, but the almost single-minded focus on them was, and to this day, is weird.

The term "mystery" has come to mean anything the audience feels they should know about but currently don't, as opposed to an actual question that needs to be answered or a puzzle that needs to be solved. I honestly think in this case, it's at least partly in the audience's imagination. I've found that people want to accurately predict answers so they can feel smart, like they're the truer fan who understands films better. It's about fans being right and getting what they want, not films being good and making sense. I don't think JJ intended the discourse around TFA to be essentially reduced to a competition.

I'm not sure what could have been done to alleviate this. It's weird if Rey gets over being abandoned in the first movie, that's both setup and payoff in the first third of the trilogy. The second movie is the place where all the characters face their demons. I guess the question is if it's possible to separate who Rey's parents are from her abandonment issues/why she waited for them on Jakku. That's all on top of the fact that what Maz says to her in TFA is like a gentler version of what Kylo says in TLJ (Her parents aren't coming back, she needs to move on, and Rey is sad and cries about this).

SW isn't especially subtle most of the time. I wouldn't mind if they hammered the vision or the parents thing, as I don't think either one will take that much screentime.

I could see the KoR being here, they're JJ's babies, and Rian considered putting them in TLJ, so I think they're alive, but I don't think they would die immediately, not at least until Act 2. I have a hard time seeing Kylo being the villain past Act 1, this very much does not seem like "heroic act in the last 10 minutes" kind of thing. A new big bad outside Kylo, Hux, maybe an evil sidekick of Hux, the FO, the characters' inner turmoil, all the ANGST in the room, if there should even be a new Jedi order at all, and if so, what are they like and how to make it happen, would seem a little much. A new big bad would seem superfluous and random. That was a little of the problem with SKB, that it wasn't just repetitive, but also seem detatched from Rey and Kylo. It was the really the thing that made me think there was definitely another plot and conflict/relationship that almost nobody was picking up on. There's so much going on here, and to think many people don't think there's much happening at all.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Thu 27 Dec 2018, 1:44 am

@californiagirl Thing with Rey's parents storyline is that, without knowing the circumstances of her abandonment, it was hard to get a full picture of her motivations in TFA, and considering that her desire to be reunited with her parents was all-consuming this made Rey herself an enigma. Is she waiting for her parents because they promised to come back? Is she just clinging to the fantasy she herself made up? Does she even remember her parents? TFA played it so vague that it didn't even say that Rey was waiting for her parents specifically, just that she waited for her family. There was really no reason for the movie not to serve up Rey's sad backstory upfront unless they did in fact want the audience to speculate.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Thu 27 Dec 2018, 1:47 am

So, I watched TFA and TLJ one after the other Christmas night. I know one of the arguments made about TLJ was that Rian just threw out what JJ set up. Actually, he did not. He followed what was set up in the first movie. The big difference being that Rian kind of put the breaks on the 'action' part of the movie to develop the characters.
I do believe that Hux will be the big bad in the next movie. That is my prediction.  I could be wrong but in the third act I thought it was foreshadowed that he is ruthless, power hungry and hates Kylo. I remember reading in one of the auxiliary books that Hux has an assassin to kill his enemies.  I wonder if one of the new characters will be that person?

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 41 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next