Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

+58
Piper Maru
MeadowofAshes
loversinthestorm
Lily Snape
YeeRees
DeeBee
Apriljandy
nana7marie
Darth_marshmallow
BenRey
Darth Dingbat
Ynqve
adamdrivershair
Armadeus
unicorn
MindAndMagic
Birdwoman
BB-Rey
Darth_Awakened
SheLitAFire
thescavenger
Moonlight13
Riri
Kessel
SkyStar
Reylo Lemon
ISeeAnIsland
Irina de France
EchoBase
tukicarreno
Let The Past Die
AhsokaTano
rey09
Starliteprism
cherrylipstick
Rei of Sunshine
RosiePancake
Dar-ren19
special_cases
twilekempire
Mila95
californiagirl
MrsWindu
SoloSideCousin
Teo oswald
Saracene
rawpowah
ZioRen
IoJovi
Kylo Rey
Night Huntress
vaderito
snufkin
nickandnora
bashfulblueeyes3
whisperingwillow
12 Parsnips
kroi
62 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 21 Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by SoloSideCousin Thu 12 Apr 2018, 6:22 pm

snufkin wrote:That artwork, what's up w/Rey's mouth? And they made Leia look like she's had some Botox and filler work. This frame is verrry interesting

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 21 Capture

Caption this panel, Rey has to deal with mansplaining from her senior colleague
Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 21 Capture

Sorry Poe, it's not all about you saving the day
Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 21 RhCe5mcl

Do you think during this "let's tell stories" session Rey's going to come clean about what she was actually up to on her mission, who she was with, and the reason why Luke was off sulking on Ache-to? Also Finn, you better be keeping an eye on your girlfriend after she saved your life!
@snufkin

I love how Rey's first conversation with Poe is him bragging like an idiot, and not in that fun "Han Solo" way, more like the "cheesy guy who sidles up to you in a bar" kind of way.

Yeah, I will be shocked if Rey tells anything about Kylo/Ben, and that non-disclosure will be telling in and of itself.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Thu 12 Apr 2018, 6:32 pm

@SoloSideCousin "cheesy guy who sidles up to you in a bar" is exactly it. Rey's at an after work get together at Chili's and Poe the hotshot up and coming manager is running her ear off about how awesome he is and mansplaining how the mission was 'supposed' to go. So many fans have jumped all over their sole 5 seconds together on screen as proof that Poe will be Rey's "nice guy" love interest because he's so much more supportive, supposedly, than the other guy they hate. Uh, he blew that opening the moment he starting jabbering at her.

Agreed, how they handle the "what happens on Ache-to (and in the elevator and Snoke's boudoir) stays on Ache-to" in IX is going to be pivotal to the story. Both that Rey won't be forthcoming about it to her friends and sh*t's going to hit the fan because Ben lied about it to cover his a** with Hux.

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 Thu 12 Apr 2018, 6:44 pm

I admit it'd be interesting to see exactly how much they show/tell in the Poe comics and what they leave for IX. I'm tickled pink to know that this is canon. How interesting LOL.
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Thu 12 Apr 2018, 6:45 pm

@Dar-ren19 It's official, he's the smarmy co-worker who runs your ear off about how great he is.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 Thu 12 Apr 2018, 6:46 pm

nana7marie wrote:
Riri wrote:Yeh i don't think Rey will come clean, i mean that sort of drama belongs in episode 9! Not a comic strip that most people won't read!
Yeah, also, it’s a Poe Dameron comic so it concentrates on his story - like @Riri said, the drama caused by Rey’s reveal is too important to be put in a few frames of a comic read by fans only, and if they wanted to expand the story, it’d turn into Rey of Jakku comic instead. And again - where’s the fun for the general audience? I’m pretty sure the meeting of our lovely trio serves just as an excuse to tell the adventures of Poe the flyboy and we’ll learn nothing more about Rey or reylo through the comics.
@nana7marie

welcome back NanaMarie! Smile

I find it strange that Poe has a comic series all to himself. Is this something of a norm? To give one character a whole series to himself?
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Thu 12 Apr 2018, 6:49 pm

Dar-ren19 wrote:
nana7marie wrote:
Riri wrote:Yeh i don't think Rey will come clean, i mean that sort of drama belongs in episode 9! Not a comic strip that most people won't read!
Yeah, also, it’s a Poe Dameron comic so it concentrates on his story - like @Riri said, the drama caused by Rey’s reveal is too important to be put in a few frames of a comic read by fans only, and if they wanted to expand the story, it’d turn into Rey of Jakku comic instead. And again - where’s the fun for the general audience? I’m pretty sure the meeting of our lovely trio serves just as an excuse to tell the adventures of Poe the flyboy and we’ll learn nothing more about Rey or reylo through the comics.
@nana7marie

I find it strange that Poe has a comic series all to himself. Is this something of a norm? To give one character a whole series to himself?
@Dar-ren19

It's because he's relatively unimportant and was doing stuff before TFA that ties in with characters like Leia. Basically, he was in a unique position for it and no other main Sequel Trilogy character is. Rey and Finn were doing pretty much nothing before TFA and Kylo is a literal walking spoiler so anything exploring his past will be saved for after IX.

Last edited by ZioRen on Thu 12 Apr 2018, 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 Thu 12 Apr 2018, 6:50 pm

ZioRen wrote:
Dar-ren19 wrote:
nana7marie wrote:
@nana7marie

@Dar-ren19

It's because he's relatively unimportant and was doing stuff before TFA that ties in with characters like Leia. Basically, he's in a unique position for it and no other main Sequel Trilogy character is. Rey and Finn were doing pretty much nothing before TFA and Kylo is a literal walking spoiler so anything exploring his past will be saved for after IX.
@ZioRen

Aha. I get you... thanks for explaining Smile

I wonder if we'll get a novel at some point that explores in detail Ben's childhood and fall to the dark side. I'd buy that in a heartbeat. Unless, they want to make a movie about it maybe?
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Thu 12 Apr 2018, 6:59 pm

Dar-ren19 wrote:
ZioRen wrote:
Dar-ren19 wrote:
nana7marie wrote:
@nana7marie

@Dar-ren19

It's because he's relatively unimportant and was doing stuff before TFA that ties in with characters like Leia. Basically, he's in a unique position for it and no other main Sequel Trilogy character is. Rey and Finn were doing pretty much nothing before TFA and Kylo is a literal walking spoiler so anything exploring his past will be saved for after IX.
@ZioRen

Aha. I get you... thanks for explaining Smile

I wonder if we'll get a novel at some point that explores in detail Ben's childhood and fall to the dark side. I'd buy that in a heartbeat. Unless, they want to make a movie about it maybe?
@Dar-ren19

Oh for sure we will. I think Kylo will get quite a few things after IX hits theaters. He and Luke are by far the richest characters to explore right now and Lucasfilm can pump out a lot of material with them that'll sell. The best part is Kylo and Luke can have things both separately and together. And since I'm convinced Kylo will survive the ST, he's ripe for material both from his past and after the trilogy. Right now, it seems all the mystery boxes around Kylo and Luke's past holds LF back from creating this stuff, so they're probably waiting.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 Thu 12 Apr 2018, 7:04 pm

@ZioRen exactly! I hadn't thought of that... Luke and Kylo can be explored together and separately. It's a g-d goldmine for them. It's probably the reason Matt said that about "years of storytelling left"... they're waiting and getting ready. I also really hope they hire more women writers for this.
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by kroi Thu 12 Apr 2018, 7:22 pm

My first thoughts about the comic were; how Finn AND Poe are kinda being jerks, LOL! (Though Finn does back Rey up as being a better pilot!) And it struck me that they probably figured Luke came w/ Rey, & only Leia knew he was just a projection.... hmmm.
kroi
kroi
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Thu 12 Apr 2018, 7:23 pm

I never cared for Poe so didn't have an opinion on his trajectory but I think many of y'all saw this coming- that he'd be the annoying cocky dude. Lawls, reylos get everything right, like actually.

Based on that comic, i'd love to see in 9 Rey and Poe be totally humbled by ahem, none other than Ben Solo's piloting!

Last edited by rey09 on Thu 12 Apr 2018, 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Apriljandy Thu 12 Apr 2018, 7:30 pm

I really hope they make a Knights of Ren spin off movie

Apriljandy
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Thu 12 Apr 2018, 7:42 pm

ZioRen wrote:
Dar-ren19 wrote:
nana7marie wrote:
@nana7marie

@Dar-ren19

It's because he's relatively unimportant and was doing stuff before TFA that ties in with characters like Leia. Basically, he was in a unique position for it and no other main Sequel Trilogy character is. Rey and Finn were doing pretty much nothing before TFA and Kylo is a literal walking spoiler so anything exploring his past will be saved for after IX.
@ZioRen

Lol, well said. I bet we don't even understand the extent of it ourselves.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Thu 12 Apr 2018, 9:15 pm

rey09 wrote:I never cared for Poe so didn't have an opinion on his trajectory but I think many of y'all saw this coming- that he'd be the annoying cocky dude. Lawls, reylos get everything right, like actually.

Based on that comic, i'd love to see in 9 Rey and Poe be totally humbled by ahem, none other than Ben Solo's piloting!
@rey09

Oh they need to bring it with Ben's piloting in IX! Taking out the Resistance ships at close range was nice, but I want more feats of flying awesomeness! :-)
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 Thu 12 Apr 2018, 9:26 pm

They need to show more of his force abilities being used while he pilots. They did the whole blaster thing in TFA... I loved it. He learned how to fly from his dad, but he's a force-user of awesome abilities... I just wish they'd show more of that stuff.
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Thu 12 Apr 2018, 10:00 pm

Disturbing thought of the day, but if they've caught the timeline up to TLJ and that issue is the post TLJ hijinks of the Beautiful Friendship Gang, that comic may be the only new content/what happens between TLJ and IX story we're getting for 18 months.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Thu 12 Apr 2018, 10:01 pm

snufkin wrote:That artwork, what's up w/Rey's mouth? And they made Leia look like she's had some Botox and filler work. This frame is verrry interesting...
...Do you think during this "let's tell stories" session Rey's going to come clean about what she was actually up to on her mission, who she was with, and the reason why Luke was off sulking on Ache-to? Also Finn, you better be keeping an eye on your girlfriend after she saved your life!
@snufkin

Thanks for sharing!
Wow you are right.. the artwork is not as good as in previous Poe Dameron comics ugh. But looks like it’s the same artist?! Maybe I just don’t like how they draw Rey and Finn. That’s new to me. In the second row - that first image of Finn looks like something all exaggerated and out of mad magazine!
Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 21 RhCe5mcl
Rey here in this last image looks like Angelina Jolie. Not Rey!

Someone tell Poe to get his foot off the seat. Such disrespect for the falcon!

I knew the upcoming Poe comic (26:The awakening part 1) was going to start addressing TFA, but book-ending it with post TLJ content is a surprise.
Depending on if you love it or hate it, this is either super clever or super calculated and sneaky!

Hmm Rey may not share what happened while she was away... It looks like she doesn't have to explain the scar on her upper right arm- it has magically disappeared! Smile
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Fri 13 Apr 2018, 1:33 am

Huh, it seems obvious to me that they wanted to make Han 2.0. out of Poe - and they failed miserably.

Han's cockiness and showing off "Sometimes I can even amaze myself" or whatever sounded to me more natural and even sympathetic it was kinda staright with the character that he clearly can empathize with others - maybe I'am wrong but form evertyhing I've seen so far (TFA and TLJ) and the couple of comic issues - Poe is portrayed as having a zero interest in anyone besides HIMSELF.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Fri 13 Apr 2018, 3:43 am

@nickandnora
I kind of agree with you that this could end up on Jakku ie the references from finn in force awakens “ why does everyone want to go to Jakku” and how important Jakku is in the aftermath novels (canon)with the portal and ancient observatory - whether they go there in episode 9 I don’t know( they might leave the mystery for another Star Wars movie) but I believe it will end where it began .Jakku is significant that much we know from all the canon material .
@ everyone
Yeah Poe isn’t my fav character - kylo is as you know Smile but the Poe comics along with the Vader ones are really good . There’s lots of force mystery things that come up . The whole sequence regarding the kazerhath device came from the Poe comics and I still think that’s significant too. Smile
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Fri 13 Apr 2018, 6:48 am

So this is why everyone on tumblr was freaking out when I got up? Laughing

There was all this wank, so I thought something bad had happened.

Well if we're getting tons of Scooby Doo adventures with the Resistance boy scouts and girl scouts in those comics, then maybe IX will have more conflict and not so much boring kumbaya moments.

rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Fri 13 Apr 2018, 8:33 am

rawpowah wrote:So this is why everyone on tumblr was freaking out when I got up? Laughing

There was all this wank, so I thought something bad had happened.

Well if we're getting tons of Scooby Doo adventures with the Resistance boy scouts and girl scouts in those comics, then maybe IX will have more conflict and not so much boring kumbaya moments.

@rawpowah

Don't tell me someone is freaking out about this?
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Fri 13 Apr 2018, 10:03 am

@Darth_Awakened Yeah and I saw some antis commenting to instill paranoia, claiming that Rey saying those things about the past meant that she dropped Ben for good and is only focusing on Poe and Finn from now on. Laughing
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 13 Apr 2018, 10:16 am

if this CB is what Beautiful Friendship Gang's gonna be like, Finn fans are not going to be happy. Poe is getting all the attention, Rey is his foil and banter buddy while Finn is just watching their show.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Fri 13 Apr 2018, 10:33 am

@vaderito

I truly hope that's not the case. I mean this is from the Poe Dameron comics it makes sense it focuses more on Poe than Finn Nope

My prediction is still that Rey & Poe won't get along really well in IX...
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Apriljandy Fri 13 Apr 2018, 10:35 am

I definitely want a Rey vs Poe arc. That would actually make Poe an interesting character.

Apriljandy
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next