Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Jedi General Discussion

+72
Kyla Ren
Darth Rowan
RealAnise
ladyMxx
Mila Lazarus
DeeBee
guardienne
Sad Man
Man Without A Star
SW_Heroine_Journey
LadyGaufrette
KiraRen2015
Riri
loversinthestorm
Atenais
giaciak2
Lily Snape
Armadeus
IoJovi
SanghaRen
rey09
bashfulblueeyes3
kroi
GiGiMarie
Mana
Rei of Sunshine
Irina de France
Tex
followmylead-kylodriver
Mila95
KnightsofReylo_2015
Apriljandy
Let The Past Die
SheLitAFire
Helix
MindAndMagic
lauvamp
EchoBase
unicorn
Darth_marshmallow
vaderito
Saracene
Good-olio Raeh
SkyStar
AhsokaTano
12 Parsnips
Moonlight13
tukicarreno
PrincessPorg
Ramblingrose
Starliteprism
Darth_Awakened
californiagirl
twilekempire
Birdwoman
BB-Rey
MrsWindu
ISeeAnIsland
ZioRen
nickandnora
Darth Dementor
special_cases
rawpowah
Night Huntress
Kessel
SoloSideCousin
Dar-ren19
snufkin
Teo oswald
Cowgirlsamurai
Kylo Rey
motherofpearl1
76 posters

Page 4 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 27  Next

Go down

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: The Last Jedi General Discussion

Post by Darth_Awakened Wed 21 Mar 2018, 1:11 pm

special_cases wrote:@ZioRen
I don't remember hearing anything about this in the book?

Apparently many fans think that the moment in 3rd vision - when Ben "knows what Luke is seeing" and both Luke and Ben know what will come - confirms that Kylo was already on the dark side and Luke just caught him before Ben betrayed him.

I think many people will never believe that Luke is somehow responsible for Kylo's turn.

The movie seems to spell out to me that Luke saw a vision of Ben's future, the tragic irony of it being that it's the future LUKE'S actions would cause to occur.

Yeah, for me too! This is typical self-fulfilling stuff for SW. The same happened to Anakin.

But I don't understand Fry's answer. Did he confirmed that Ben already turned? This is so strange.
@special_cases

I don't think so. Fry is answering the question by speaking about Luke. And he doesn't answer the exact question at all.

I think (at least it was my reading of it) that Ben was definitely influenced by Snoke but didn't turn yet. Luke's words in third version of the scene - which I think is the most accurate one - that he only saw the eyes of a frightened boy - somehow confirm that Ben didn't turn yet.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: The Last Jedi General Discussion

Post by special_cases Wed 21 Mar 2018, 1:15 pm

@Darth_Awakened

I think (at least it was my reading of it) that Ben was definitely influenced by Snoke but didn't turn yet. Luke's words in third version of the scene - which I think is the most accurate one - that he only saw the eyes of a frightened boy - somehow confirm that Ben didn't turn yet.

My reading is similar but... Luke did said that "Snoke already turned his heart."

It's quite ambiguous. Not turned to the dark side, but turned.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Wed 21 Mar 2018, 1:19 pm

special_cases wrote:@Darth_Awakened

My reading is similar but... Luke did said that "Snoke already turned his heart."

@special_cases

Yeah, he did, but it was in the moment when Luke was terrified and was about to ignite the saber. I think the words he said later on about the frightened boy carries much more weight in all of it. That was the moment when Luke was faced with the mistake he had made. But it was too late - Ben already reacted.

Last edited by Darth_Awakened on Wed 21 Mar 2018, 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Wed 21 Mar 2018, 1:33 pm

@special_cases

Eh, honestly I still don't trust Luke's view of events. He doesn't know what really happened with his students either and doesn't he assume Ben must have thought he was dead from collapsing the hut which is why he survived? That doesn't ring true to me either. I think though he acknowledges his mistakes, he still doesn't fully get his nephew and never did. There's obviously more to be uncovered there.

Last edited by ZioRen on Wed 21 Mar 2018, 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Wed 21 Mar 2018, 1:40 pm

ZioRen wrote:

@special_cases

Eh, honestly I still don't trust Luke's view of events. He doesn't know what really happened with his students either and doesn't he assume Ben must have thought he was dead from collapsing the hut which is why he survived? That doesn't ring true to me either. I still think though he acknowledges his mistakes, he still doesn't fully get his nephew and never did. There's obviously still more to be uncovered there.
@ZioRen

I really hope we will know more in IX and this time it will be clear explanation from Kylo or the Force!

The thing with students is indeed very strange.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Wed 21 Mar 2018, 2:15 pm

I was just listening to Rian talk at SXSW and why he chose to write Luke's story arc the way he did, it was excellent. He also talked about his other movies and filmmaking. Very interesting. You can find it on YouTube.

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Wed 21 Mar 2018, 2:52 pm

Birdwoman wrote:I was just listening to Rian talk at SXSW and why he chose to write Luke's story arc the way he did, it was excellent. He also talked about his other movies and filmmaking. Very interesting. You can find it on YouTube.
@Birdwoman

Watched this yesterday. Very insightful. Cool
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Thu 22 Mar 2018, 9:03 am

Rey's face is incredible, she seems to be saying: oh my God he's right here in front of me...
The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 4 Tumblr_p5miqsAtW01t2duu7o2_1280

at first glance it seems that Kylo and Rey are bending over for a kiss , comparing the two images I don't know why....

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 4 Tumblr_p5miqsAtW01t2duu7o1_1280
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Thu 22 Mar 2018, 11:28 am

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 4 DY2D6QcU8AAPGHE
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Thu 22 Mar 2018, 4:11 pm

special_cases wrote:The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 4 DY2D6QcU8AAPGHE
@special_cases

something is missing...of better to say someone Smile
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramblingrose Thu 22 Mar 2018, 4:40 pm

Birdwoman wrote:I think Snoke was lying about him being the one who connected them. I do think he manipulated the bond. I do wonder if Snoke was aware how strong the connection became between the two?
@Birdwoman

Agreed to all.
The deleted scene with Luke saying to Rey: “You opened yourself to Dark Side for a pair of pretty eyes!” I think Snoke saw it that way too, that the connection was skin deep, physical attraction and not on a deeper level. Snoke could have watched the shirtless scene, and as the creepy old man he is, going teeheehee, she is liking what she sees.
The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 4 Giphy

Snoke and Luke have that in common, no first hand experience with romantic love.
Ramblingrose
Ramblingrose
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by PrincessPorg Thu 22 Mar 2018, 7:50 pm

I was rewatching TLJ today and noticed something I don't know if it's been said.

First there is the shirtless force bond scene. Then the scene ends. Rey is called to the dark side cave. She falls in, and at that moment, that force bond sound starts again. She then tells Ben literally everything in that scene, at first I thought she was narrating to the audience but then I realized she's narrating to him! I almost wonder if he is there, because you just hear her breathe and making the snapping sound. We always thought that the shadow walking up to the mirror is Ben, but I really think it is him... walking up to her during the force bond.

Also interesting this all happens back to back - she sees him shirtless and is still kind of mad at him, and then not too long after she is holding hands. Whatever she saw in her vision must have been so powerful because she then attacks Luke and is off to rescue her new BF! Alright, I apologize if I am my rambling.
PrincessPorg
PrincessPorg
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Thu 22 Mar 2018, 10:05 pm

Teo oswald wrote:Rey's face is incredible, she seems to be saying: oh my God he's right here in front of me...
The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 4 Tumblr_p5miqsAtW01t2duu7o2_1280

at first glance it seems that Kylo and Rey are bending over for a kiss , comparing the two images I don't know why....

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 4 Tumblr_p5miqsAtW01t2duu7o1_1280
@Teo oswald

I can't with the chemistry of these two! Shocked Embarassed Goosebumps all over. Why did Luke had to come in at this precise moment! Sigh.. Rolling Eyes

All I am saying is that we better get a big ol kiss in episode IX. bounce I am counting on you JJ.. Come on! It's now or never. Go big or go home!
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Fri 23 Mar 2018, 3:33 pm

Can anyone explain the thing about Kylo's face reputedly starting to disintegrate from the dark side at the end of TLJ? Amd that's why he'll need the mask? I don't think his scar looked any worse than it did before. It's just kind of deluded sounding fanboy hopes.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Fri 23 Mar 2018, 3:52 pm

californiagirl wrote:Can anyone explain the thing about Kylo's face reputedly starting to disintegrate from the dark side at the end of TLJ? Amd that's why he'll need the mask? I don't think his scar looked any worse than it did before. It's just kind of deluded sounding fanboy hopes.
@californiagirl

I didn't notice it, he just looks worse in the end, well, because he is in misery. Also there is different light in three last scenes. Adam has unusual face which can very different from various angles and in different light. When he lose weight, he looks different, and in Luke\Kylo scene he actually looks thinner.

I only noticed strange marks on his neck.

Is Harloff the first who said that, IIRC?

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 4 Tumblr_p60jubtCox1vp67bvo2_540

special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Fri 23 Mar 2018, 3:53 pm

californiagirl wrote:Can anyone explain the thing about Kylo's face reputedly starting to disintegrate from the dark side at the end of TLJ? Amd that's why he'll need the mask? I don't think his scar looked any worse than it did before. It's just kind of deluded sounding fanboy hopes.
@californiagirl

I know, I also don’t think his face “disintegrated” from the dark side like some people like to say.

I think the idea comes from the scene on Crait where Kylo is facing Luke and he’s enraged and screaming. In that scene, it does look like the scar and his face have some dark lines/veins extending out. I thought it was similar to how angry people sometimes get bulging veins in their foreheads/necks.  

People who want Kylo to be fully evil in IX cling to his appearance in that one scene as proof he’s being physically corrupted by the dark side, but they completely ignore the following scene where he’s kneeling on the ground looking up at Rey and his face looks more normal without the veins/lines on his scar from the Crait scene.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Fri 23 Mar 2018, 4:06 pm

Is there such a thing as "getting deformed from the Dark Side"?  scratch Because I've only seen people getting deformed due to physical causes, like Force lightning (Palpatine) and fire (Anakin).
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Fri 23 Mar 2018, 4:13 pm

Nothing is disintegrating, that's pure delusion from desperate fanboys who somehow still haven't gotten the picture even when Kylo's final scene is him on his knees flashing puppy eyes at Rey. This is just seeing Kylo in full natural light for the first time in the movie so the flaws in his skin are illuminated more.

Why haven't people learned from the fact that they made his scar teeny tiny, missed all of his facial features so as not to distort them, and even moved the scar so it didn't look "goofy"? Kylo is not meant to look like he's turning evil.

Last edited by ZioRen on Fri 23 Mar 2018, 4:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Fri 23 Mar 2018, 4:14 pm

@californiagirl
Sure, I can explain it.

It's complete and utter nonsense.

(If they wanted to demonstrate that the dark side was turning him physically ugly, they would have been way more obvious about it; it would be more than "oh no, he looks slightly winded and I can see a vein in his forehead that wasn't there before!")

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Fri 23 Mar 2018, 4:15 pm

ZioRen wrote:Nothing is disintegrating, that's pure delusion from desperate fanboys who somehow still haven't gotten the picture even when Kylo's final scene is him on his knees flashing puppy eyes at Rey. This is just seeing Kylo in full natural light for the first time in the movie so the flaws in his skin are illuminated more.

Why haven't people learned from the fact that they made his scar teeny tiny, missed all of his facial features so as not to distort them, and even moved the scar so it didn't look "goofy"? Kylo is not meant to look like he's turning evil.
@ZioRen
I agree. Smile
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Fri 23 Mar 2018, 4:16 pm

his face “disintegrated” ??? What??? I never saw that and I payed close attention to his face...

He just looks so strange during the fight with Luke because he is enraged.

The last shot of his face... he looks sad and broken but no way is he disfigured by the dark side or something  Rolling Eyes

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 4 Bildsc35

Last edited by Night Huntress on Fri 23 Mar 2018, 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Fri 23 Mar 2018, 4:17 pm

I really don't see any vein on his face. I feel like I'm blind Sad Sad
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Fri 23 Mar 2018, 4:18 pm

special_cases wrote:I really don't see any vein on his face. I feel like I'm blind Sad Sad
@special_cases

It emerges when he's screaming at Luke. You know, as veins tend to do when one is screaming.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips Fri 23 Mar 2018, 4:19 pm

ZioRen wrote:Nothing is disintegrating, that's pure delusion from desperate fanboys who somehow still haven't gotten the picture even when Kylo's final scene is him on his knees flashing puppy eyes at Rey. This is just seeing Kylo in full natural light for the first time in the movie so the flaws in his skin are illuminated more.

@ZioRen

This. ^^ They couldn't have yellow Sith eyes, so they thought if they squinted, they'd see the Dark Side distorting Kylo's face. Rolling Eyes
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Fri 23 Mar 2018, 4:30 pm

@ZioRen

I'm glad that JJ subverted the "villain has to be ugly" cliche with Kylo tbh. A stroke of genius IMO. Clearly some SW fans can't cope, given the franchises history of mechanical/more machine than man villains and the DS deforming the physical features. Fanboys have been clinging on to the notion of Kylo becoming deformed/uglier ever since Rey scarred him in the snow fight. Then the meltdown came when the trailer revealed his teeny scar and RJ had to explain himself. One of the biggest indicators that he is supposed to be a love interest. If they really wanted to, they could have messed his face up pretty bad, but they didn't.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 27  Next