Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread

+65
Man Without A Star
AhsokaTano
EchoBase
SanghaRen
YeeRees
LadyGaufrette
olyer
Tex
Chris24601
whisperingwillow
SW_Heroine_Journey
SheLitAFire
Apriljandy
DeeBee
nana7marie
Starliteprism
bashfulblueeyes3
Blood Moon
Dar-ren19
Geralt_Riv
tukicarreno
ReyofLightSide
cherrylipstick
Lily Snape
Birdwoman
PalmettoBlue
rey09
twilekempire
Mielikki
Darth Rowan
RKR Connection
Darth Snoopy
Mila95
roguepixie
RosiePancake
MrsWindu
SoloSideCousin
Moonjump05
lauvamp
californiagirl
IoJovi
Moonlight13
kroi
Mana
ZioRen
Kessel
Irina de France
nickandnora
loversinthestorm
Piper Maru
Casey Kanata
Kylo Rey
Saracene
Night Huntress
snufkin
MeadowofAshes
special_cases
Cowgirlsamurai
Darth Dingbat
rawpowah
Riri
ISeeAnIsland
vaderito
Darth_Awakened
SkyStar
69 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread - Page 39 Empty Re: Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread

Post by Chris24601 Fri 12 Oct 2018, 3:22 pm

@ISeeAnIsland
That's almost why I expect Kylo trying to earn redemption to NOT be a mystery box element.

Hell, I could see a general plot like this; Kylo learns of a doomsday plan Hux has had in the works for years about to come to fruition (Snoke approved it, but Kylo never learned of it) only for Hux to then overthrow Kylo and he barely escapes; now he's got to convince Rey and the Resistance that he's on the level before its too late to stop Hux's evil plan.

If that was the structure, you could absolutely leak most of the Act One elements; Kylo learning of the plan, Kylo gets overthrown by Hux, Kylo seeks out Rey for help and probably even that Kylo will be struggling between the need to retake control of the First Order vs. saving the Galaxy during the course of the film; without spoiling how the movie is actually going to turn out (or even what Hux's master plan actually is).

Throw in a line from Hux about how before he died Snoke authorized Hux's master plan (i.e. Snoke is definitely still dead) and a shot of Luke as a Force Ghost into the trailer (i.e. Luke is not being resurrected) and you'd pretty much shoot down every Superfan wild expectation.

Heck, I bet you could do it with just four quick scenes with a Hux voiceover for a trailer.

1) "The Supreme Leader himself approved this project... before you murdered him." Hux looking over something being built.
2) "You were always too weak to lead the First Order." Kylo getting his butt kicked by some other darksiders.
3) "Luke Skywalker cannot save you." Kylo stopping cold before Luke's Force Ghost looking at him sternly.
4) "No one can save you!" Kylo wordlessly extends his hand with a pleading look and we see Rey take it (as Force music swells and we go to the action montage).

But to the basic point, yeah, I think we're going to need a smaller mystery box for the final outing... If you're going to have a sense of resolution you can't keep introducing mysteries indefinitely... you need to let those still in the air be resolved so you can reach a suitable ending.

Chris24601
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread - Page 39 Empty Re: Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread

Post by californiagirl Fri 12 Oct 2018, 3:44 pm

@Chris24601 Wayward Jedi made a video a few months back predicting the marketing strategy of IX I thought was pretty on point. That they would emphasize the themes of SW like love, hope, compassion, etc., as well as the fairytale/mythology end of things. That seems pretty up JJ's alley, and appropriate for the film itself.

A teaser is going to be fairly brief and vague, with maybe one real bomb (though I don't know how one can outdo "it's time for the Jedi to end"), but a full trailer can be more on the nose about it. It could steer fans in the right direction without giving away too much, which is really what advertising is supposed to do.

As frustrating and hyper-secretive as LF's marketing can be sometimes, I have always commended them for not giving away too much in their trailers, unlike most other films, even other Disney ones.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Fri 12 Oct 2018, 5:43 pm

californiagirl wrote:
A teaser is going to be fairly brief and vague, with maybe one real bomb (though I don't know how one can outdo "it's time for the Jedi to end")
@californiagirl

What do you think of Hux saying "Supreme leader Kylo Ren is dead/missing".

It could work with Chris24601's structure of Act one. The end of act one culminate in a Hux/Kylo confrontation with Kylo's whereabouts unknown and Hux making this declaration. For GA, it's a subversion of Kylo as a final villain whose was expected, in fact it's Hux and Kylo is dead. But in Act two we discover that Kylo is alive and connected to Rey.

@Chris24601
It's off topic, but I'm slow minded and hadn't noticed until I sang the music with my brother today, but are you a fan of the book or the musical of Les Misérables ? Very Happy
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Fri 12 Oct 2018, 8:51 pm

@LadyGaufrette It would be attention-grabbing, certainly, and it would get people talking. But it might also be misleading and result in people being even more pissed off in the long run. Nor is Hux a well-liked or even very noticed character. Maybe slowly work up to the fact that Hux is a prominent threat in the movie, rather than introducing that with a bang.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Sat 13 Oct 2018, 6:11 am

californiagirl wrote:@LadyGaufrette It would be attention-grabbing, certainly, and it would get people talking. But it might also be misleading and result in people being even more pissed off in the long run. Nor is Hux a well-liked or even very noticed character. Maybe slowly work up to the fact that Hux is a prominent threat in the movie, rather than introducing that with a bang.
@californiagirl

I could agree, but for me Hux has been presented as a threat since TFA (even though they should have kept the scene where Hux hesitates to leave Kylo to die) and it was obvious in TLJ. The slow work is already there, but some people still don't see it, so an introduction with a bang may be necessary at this point in the story. Twisted Evil
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris24601 Sat 13 Oct 2018, 4:57 pm

LadyGaufrette wrote:@Chris24601
It's off topic, but I'm slow minded and hadn't noticed until I sang the music with my brother today, but are you a fan of the book or the musical of Les Misérables ? Very Happy
@LadyGaufrette
"Who am I? Who am I? Two Four Six Oh One!!!"

Its only one of my favorite stories ever and, in more keeping with the topic, one of the best redemption stories out there (and of downfall in Javert as well).

If Kylo's turn comes early enough I think it would quite interesting to see how the rest of the Resistance deals with this. Rey and Leia are pretty much givens, but the interesting drama comes from Finn and Poe. Finn was arguably the more wronged of the two, but in the sense that Kylo and he were both somewhat taken in and brainwashed by the First Order, might arguably find some sense of empathy than Poe.

Ultimately, for all the BFG type thinking, there's NOT actually a lot of point in keeping both Finn and Poe in the story if they're both going to keep on agreeing and seeing things the same way (i.e. no repetition) and IF Kylo starts interacting with the Resistance early enough because he's lost his throne to Hux, it makes sense to use that to frame Finn and Poe differently in regards to Kylo (ex. Rey trusts him, Poe thinks its just a con and Finn is hesitant, but following Rey's lead until something in the second act seems to prove Poe right, but finally comes around again in the last act).

Chris24601
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sat 13 Oct 2018, 5:56 pm

@ISeeAnIsland That quote, like Jesus if you want McDonald's when the ST is at least trying to deliver In and Out and complain about it,  you deserve to be disappointed. Though given the current climate of Disney owning the collective childhood pop culture of this society and mostly using it as a content farm for merchandising and theme parks, it's actually commendable how much the ST has managed to sneak things in under the radar which aren't the products of focus groups or meant to follow a formula.

As for speculation about the First Order, I'm definitely on Team Kylo is going to get cornered and have to make a choice which puts everything on the line for him. Betraying Snoke for Rey also had the convenient side effect of allowing him to get rid of a sh*tty boss who was going to dispose of him, taking his job (Rian's "Villain he thinks he should be" quote) and being galactic prom king/queen with his bae. But this time around, whatever you know Hux will be scheming on, he's going to have a line that he won't cross beyond just protecting his crush. It's just a question of when they time that moment in the overall story. Because he's going to have to experience enough of "heavy hangs the crown" and learning that getting what he thought he wanted is harder than he thought it would be to reach that point and kick off the final part of his arc.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Sat 13 Oct 2018, 6:47 pm

Personally I don't see Kylo interacting with the Resistance much at all. It's kinda hard to explain, but it's like there are two different levels in the ST; one is the more epic force/Skywalker family drama, and the other is the more mundane Resistance/war. Rey is really the only character who moves freely between the two realms, if you like, the same way Luke moved freely between the Rebels and force/Vader. Poe and Finn's encounters with Kylo in TFA are kinda like Han and Leia's encounter with Vader in ESB, ordinary people encountering a terrifying force; he's not humanised for them like he is for Rey. I can't for the life of me imagine Kylo sitting around the table with Poe and Finn discussing strategy or what have you. Rey's connection with Kylo could be a source of drama in the Resistance, but I don't think that Poe, Finn etc. will actually have much to do with Kylo personally.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris24601 Sat 13 Oct 2018, 8:55 pm

@Saracene
Okay, now I actually want a scene of Kylo, Finn and Poe all sitting around a table being all awkward. It’s absolutely out of place for a Star Wars film but I’m totally envisioning Zuko approaching Team Avatar when he finally defects for the level of awkwardness.

(After a full minute of awkward silence; Kylo finally speaks); “Yeah, uh, Poe... I’m... sorry I tortured you and all that. I’m trying to be a better person now. FN-21... er, Finn, I see now that cleaving your spine in two with a lightsaber was going a little far. I’m sorry. And to be fair, I also tortured my own people regularly, so it’s not like I singled you out or anything and I see now that me opening my mouth was a horrible horrible mistake... I’ll stop now.”

I think I really need Ben (without the Kylo mask) to just be this gigantic dork.

Chris24601
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Sun 14 Oct 2018, 2:31 am

@Chris24601 Speaking of things that are out of place in SW but should totally happen... since Kylo is now the most eligible bachelor in the galaxy I want him to be mobbed by wealthy society mothers who want him for a son-in-law Laughing

Can you just imagine the level of awkward the poor boy would suffer.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Tue 16 Oct 2018, 7:58 am

New crack leak today on 4 chan lol:
Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread - Page 39 D2d27f10
Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread - Page 39 Dcfa6e10
Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread - Page 39 708c0a10
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 16 Oct 2018, 8:04 am

The Throne of the Force is some Sloth Anakin-level awesomeness. lol!

total crack but f**** as heck.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Tue 16 Oct 2018, 8:09 am

@vaderito
When I read that I thought we were getting a marvel/Star Wars crossover!!! Lol!!! The throne sounds like the throne of Thanos . Lol!
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by roguepixie Tue 16 Oct 2018, 10:54 am

What is up with these FAF leakers and quests for artifects? scratch  It's something  that isn't important or part of any of the two previous trilogies? Why do they think it will appear in this one?  FAF leaks pre TLJ where all about Luke and Rey searching for a thing that will defeat Snoke. Now it's Kylo Ren searching for a thing that will... do what exactly? He already controls the galaxy.
roguepixie
roguepixie
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Tue 16 Oct 2018, 11:04 am

roguepixie wrote:What is up with these FAF leakers and quests for artifects? scratch  It's something  that isn't important or part of any of the two previous trilogies? Why do they think it will appear in this one?  FAF leaks pre TLJ where all about Luke and Rey searching for a thing that will defeat Snoke. Now it's Kylo Ren searching for a thing that will... do what exactly? He already controls the galaxy.
@roguepixie

Most of these fake leakers are probably fanboys who play a lot of video games. Quests are generally a feature there. There's always some artefact that needs to be found and some secret location that needs to be explored. Since they can't come up with anything that ties in with what's been going on in the trilogy, they make up stuff based on media they consume and can understand. In this case, it's Tomb Raider.
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Tue 16 Oct 2018, 11:29 am

"He has hardly left Snoke's library in years."

Wow. Kylo's chilled out a ton. What a gripping tale lol!
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 16 Oct 2018, 11:42 am

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:"He has hardly left Snoke's library in years."

@Cowgirlsamurai

Remember that gloriously detailed FAF that had Kylo just stomp around the interrogation room for all 3 acts? This is just as good. lol!

@roguepixie

It's Thanos as @AhsokaTano accurately figured out. Thank the Infinity War for artifact-gathering FAF.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Tue 16 Oct 2018, 12:46 pm

vaderito wrote:
Cowgirlsamurai wrote:"He has hardly left Snoke's library in years."

@Cowgirlsamurai

Remember that gloriously detailed FAF that had Kylo just stomp around the interrogation room for all 3 acts? This is just as good. lol!

@roguepixie

It's Thanos as @AhsokaTano accurately figured out. Thank the Infinity War for artifact-gathering FAF.
@vaderito

Or GRG's latest incarnation where he had Kylo not showing up at all until "late in Act 2" of IX.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Wed 17 Oct 2018, 1:35 pm

This leak is hilarious.
Kylo, never leaves the library....LOL!

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Wed 17 Oct 2018, 2:01 pm

Kylo in episode IX according to the FAF

rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Thu 18 Oct 2018, 3:20 pm

if you enjoyed Kylo's Crown FAF, you may love Transformer Kylo FAF too:

had an opportunity to work with some of the designs for the new Star Wars film.
>Bright orange X-Wing, with Poe.
>Yellow-and-green B-Wing without wings, with Rose.
>Kylo Ren's armor looking like a transformers + very angular tie-fighter, the pilot's enclosure is like a front facing pyramid.
We were provided with renderings that are apparently representative of how the models are going to look in the movie and I don't have much else to say except that it all looked... very loud and cartoonish.

http://boards.4chan.org/tv/thread/105019872

lol! lol! lol! lol!
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Fri 19 Oct 2018, 10:28 pm

Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread - Page 39 _10
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Sat 20 Oct 2018, 1:17 am

special_cases wrote:Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread - Page 39 _10
@special_cases

lol! lol! lol!

I just spat coffee all over my laptop! That's hilarious! Thank you guys! Lolilol
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 20 Oct 2018, 7:06 am

lol! lol! lol! lol!
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Sat 20 Oct 2018, 9:29 am

special_cases wrote:Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread - Page 39 _10
@special_cases
ROFL  ROFL  ROFL  ROFL I'm crying...
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next