Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega

+72
Good-olio Raeh
nickandnora
LadyHa
thescavenger
BB-Rey
Darth_marshmallow
Atenais
Kylo Men
Lily Snape
Forsythia
AceofWands
Anakin Skywalker
SheLitAFire
SkyStar
reylo1992
shii405
DeeBee
tukicarreno
Piper Maru
bossbaby
DarthRen
BenRey
motherofpearl1
Darth_Awakened
BastilaBey
snufkin
soulluos
So-Old-Juvenile Named Ewa
MindAndMagic
jakkusun
kassadin
SanghaRen
Xylo Ren
ZioRen
Helix
Search Your Feelings
ladyconsular
MeadowofAshes
Libra Vibora
Rimfaxe96
IoJovi
Marchtwin
Gemini
CienaRee
Little_Boots
Reynak
ISeeAnIsland
MoonlitMoss
Irina de France
spacebaby45678
Rei of Sunshine
Kylo Ren
Blackcanary
vaderito
ZenBrainJam
Kessel
Mana
FrolickingFizzgig
EchoBase
Darth Dingbat
Saracene
SoloSideCousin
Darth Dementor
Airemyn
Force22
Darth Rowan
panki
Sylvia Snow
Reylo Lemon
YoloKylo
AnneNeville
guardienne
76 posters

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega - Page 17 Empty Re: Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega

Post by IoJovi Tue 08 Aug 2017, 6:27 pm

Another cool interview with John Boyega:

http://variety.com/2017/film/features/john-boyega-star-wars-carrie-fisher-diversity-1202517969/

“It’s a chance for each character to decide what side they’re on and decide what they’re fighting for,” he says. “It’s an epic dark story. At the same time it’s still fun. It’s still ‘Star Wars.’”

I swear all the best quotes that point in our direction come from John. God bless him!
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega - Page 17 Empty Re: Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega

Post by tukicarreno Tue 08 Aug 2017, 6:52 pm

IoJovi wrote:Another cool interview with John Boyega:

http://variety.com/2017/film/features/john-boyega-star-wars-carrie-fisher-diversity-1202517969/

“It’s a chance for each character to decide what side they’re on and decide what they’re fighting for,” he says. “It’s an epic dark story. At the same time it’s still fun. It’s still ‘Star Wars.’”

I swear all the best quotes that point in our direction come from John. God bless him!
@IoJovi

Awesome! Bless John. Very Happy
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Tue 08 Aug 2017, 7:29 pm

IoJovi wrote:Another cool interview with John Boyega:

@IoJovi

Yay John!

I do find it interesting that John keeps referring to how "dark" TLJ is. From the stuff we know so far (for sure), it doesn't really sound like a particularly dark movie. So Paige, probably dies? I doubt that warrants the "dark" adjective. There has to be some pretty serious sith they've kept on lockdown to warrant that description.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Wed 09 Aug 2017, 12:27 pm

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Wed 09 Aug 2017, 12:34 pm

panki wrote:http://ew.com/movies/2017/08/09/star-wars-last-jedi-finn-rose-john-boyega-kelly-marie-tran/

EW has a really nice article on Finn and Rose in TLJ.
@panki

Oh yes, I like very much how it seems to go.
Especially Rose being a reluctant one of two sisters.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 Wed 09 Aug 2017, 1:47 pm

My first thought when I checked out the pics from ew.com was "HE'S FLYING! FINN IS FRIGGIN' FLYING!!!" ROFL
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Wed 09 Aug 2017, 7:48 pm

Credit to @bastilabey for sharing this on Tumblr.  If they want to keep people excited about this movie, all they need to do is keep interviewing John Boyega.  They could use him for the entire duration of the marketing, and I'd be happy.  This guy wins every time.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/john-boyega-spills-finn-rey-secrets-star-wars-last-jedi-172543947.html

“In Episode VIII, Finn and Rey are separated,” Boyega told Yahoo Movies’ Ethan Alter. “They’re not together the way they were in VII, so there isn’t much between them. Episode VIII was about establishing a new relationship with Rose, played by Kelly Marie Tran. And the continuing relationship with Poe as well. So that was more my fixation when Rey’s off in the mountains with Luke.”
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Thu 10 Aug 2017, 1:26 am

IoJovi wrote:Credit to @bastilabey for sharing this on Tumblr.  If they want to keep people excited about this movie, all they need to do is keep interviewing John Boyega.  They could use him for the entire duration of the marketing, and I'd be happy.  This guy wins every time.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/john-boyega-spills-finn-rey-secrets-star-wars-last-jedi-172543947.html

“In Episode VIII, Finn and Rey are separated,” Boyega told Yahoo Movies’ Ethan Alter. “They’re not together the way they were in VII, so there isn’t much between them. Episode VIII was about establishing a new relationship with Rose, played by Kelly Marie Tran. And the continuing relationship with Poe as well. So that was more my fixation when Rey’s off in the mountains with Luke.”
@IoJovi

"...There isn't much between them..."

Twisted Evil
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by bossbaby Thu 10 Aug 2017, 6:31 am

Darth_Awakened wrote:
IoJovi wrote:Credit to @bastilabey for sharing this on Tumblr.  If they want to keep people excited about this movie, all they need to do is keep interviewing John Boyega.  They could use him for the entire duration of the marketing, and I'd be happy.  This guy wins every time.

@IoJovi

Twisted Evil
@Darth_Awakened

Maybe by the time they do meet again they will be enemies? We know Rey is on Crait, but do we know what side of the battle she's on?
bossbaby
bossbaby
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Thu 10 Aug 2017, 3:31 pm

EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Fri 10 Nov 2017, 10:12 pm

Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega - Page 17 Tumblr_oz8g49LtXY1wgepv8o4_500

Love

Finn looks so good in TLJ. Love the cute, cocky way he talks.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sat 11 Nov 2017, 2:03 am

Hi Everyone,
Apologies if this has already been discussed..

On the star wars data base it says "Rey and the renegade stormtrooper Finn forged an unlikely friendship, escaping Jakku and finding themselves caught in a galactic war – with both of their destinies shaped by the awakened power of the Force."

- What do you make of this? How is Finn's destiny shaped by the awakened power of the Force?
Is this implying it was the force that led to him snapping out of his stormtrooper conditioning and escaping?
Or.. is this suggesting Finn is force sensitive?

I find this particularly interesting because Finn's entry doesn't say anything about him being shaped by the awakening of the force - it only says this in Rey's entry...
What do you make of this? I really don't know!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Sat 11 Nov 2017, 3:57 am

DeeBee wrote:Hi Everyone,

On the star wars data base it says "Rey and the renegade stormtrooper Finn forged an unlikely friendship, escaping Jakku and finding themselves caught in a galactic war – with both of their destinies shaped by the awakened power of the Force."

- What do you make of this? How is Finn's destiny shaped by the awakened power of the Force?
Is this implying it was the force that led to him snapping out of his stormtrooper conditioning and escaping?

I find this particularly interesting because Finn's entry doesn't say anything about him being shaped by the awakening of the force - it only says this in Rey's entry...
What do you  make of this? I really don't know!
@DeeBee

Isn’t the whole philosophy of SW that every being is linked to the Force? I personally never quite understand why there’s the need to label and hence maybe measure the sensitivity of every character to the Force. I am not too fond of midichlorians Smile. I am happy if it never gets explained why Finn snapped out of his stormtrooper brainwashing. I do believe it’s the Force that gave him a push and he listened, but that’s what I like to believe. Does that make him force sensitive? No idea and I don’t care. I think his path is freeing the other stormtroopers and become a big deal in the Resistance. The rest could be left open to everyone’s interpretation imo.

I mean, when do you reach the level “force sensitive”? Are the loth-cats force sensitive in Star Wars Rebels? They seem to be atune to its will. Are Han Solo, Poe Dameron and Hera Syndulla great pilots because maybe they are also more atune to the Force? Who knows. I like that it remains a mystery. The Force has to retain some mystery otherwise SW will turn into pure science fiction, which is great too, but it’s not SW imo.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 11 Nov 2017, 4:16 am

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega - Page 17 Tumblr_oz8g49LtXY1wgepv8o4_500

Love

@FrolickingFizzgig

Scene comparison time!

Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega - Page 17 Rose-f10

Looks like Rose is at the receiving end of cockiness. it's the same background/door/hallway.

Yes, this is perfect cockiness without being smug. I love it and I love the context. cheers
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Sat 11 Nov 2017, 4:55 am

vaderito wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega - Page 17 Tumblr_oz8g49LtXY1wgepv8o4_500

Love

@FrolickingFizzgig

Scene comparison time!

Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega - Page 17 Rose-f10

Looks like Rose is at the receiving end of cockiness. it's the same background/door/hallway.

Yes, this is perfect cockiness without being smug. I love it and I love the context. cheers
@vaderito

Yeah, that's a new Finn and I love it that it's Rose bringing it out. Looks like their dynamic is going to have tension right off the bat. Just from that one line, you can tell there's a whole new vibe in Finn himself.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by shii405 Sat 11 Nov 2017, 5:54 am

Darth_Awakened wrote:

@IoJovi

Twisted Evil
@Darth_Awakened

Meanwhile, Rey is establishing a new relationship with someone else off in the mountains Twisted Evil

I love Finn/Rose already just by seeing that shot!! cheers
shii405
shii405
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 11 Nov 2017, 9:59 am

shii405 wrote:

Meanwhile, Rey is establishing a new relationship with someone else off in the mountains Twisted Evil

@shii405

RUKE LIVES! cheers

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Sat 11 Nov 2017, 3:34 pm

vaderito wrote:
shii405 wrote:  

@shii405

RUKE LIVES! cheers

@vaderito

I am so happy cheers It would be a shame if future babies wouldn't be called Skywalker, right? Solo ain't a proper name to continue the lineage lol! lol! lol!
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 11 Nov 2017, 3:46 pm

reylo1992 wrote:

I am so happy cheers It would be a shame if future babies wouldn't be called Skywalker, right? Solo ain't a proper name to continue the lineage lol! lol! lol!
@reylo1992

Hear, hear! LST was right when he said "This will begin to make things right". He meant Ruke, of course. The map guided Rey to her future husband Luke.

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Sat 11 Nov 2017, 3:58 pm

reylo1992 wrote:
vaderito wrote:
shii405 wrote:  

@shii405

RUKE LIVES! cheers

@vaderito

@reylo1992

You will be surprised how many people are purist when it comes to name Skywalker. A lot of people not only hate Kylo for his actions but also he has no Skywalker surname. Many Rey Skywalker fans have been pointing this fact. What is important is their blood connection, not really a name. Some people simply ignore this.

DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Sat 11 Nov 2017, 4:04 pm

Well then Rey is not a suitable Skywalker heir either, since if she was to be married and have kids they probably wouldn't bear the Skywalker name either (let's face it, SW movies are pretty traditional in this regard).

I guess marrying Luke is the only way to remedy the situation and save the great Skywalker name, no?
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 11 Nov 2017, 4:14 pm

Yes, Ruke is the only way. Good to see everyone's seeing the light. sunny

@DarthRen yep, they even tweeted that crap to Pablo who tweeted a lecture on who is a Skywalker.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Sat 11 Nov 2017, 4:36 pm

@DeeBee

Finn was pretty much confirmed as being non-force sensitive, but I believe he was affected by the awakening. Not directly like Rey, but from a certain point of view. I see it as everything is just chain of events and force is there to bind it together.
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Sat 11 Nov 2017, 5:49 pm

SkyStar wrote:

@DeeBee

Finn was pretty much confirmed as being non-force sensitive, but I believe he was affected by the awakening. Not directly like Rey, but from a certain point of view. I see it as everything is just chain of events and force is there to bind it together.
@SkyStar

Interesting. I would qualify Finn's awakening, based on what we know from TFA, as a moral awakening and awakening as an individual, as a free thinker & dissenter, when he's been brought up in such a collective totalitarian society. With type of hold that the kind of mindless, brainwashing the FO does, Finn's awakening is quite remarkable as he stops to question & analyze on his own, even if he's not force sensitive.
And thus he sets up the plot by escaping with Poe, landing (crashing) on Jakku and colliding with Rey, in turn greatly altering her life.
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sat 11 Nov 2017, 6:42 pm

Hi everyone, I still can't figure out multi-quote..but hopefully this will work...

SanghaRen wrote:

@DeeBee

Isn’t the whole philosophy of SW that every being is linked to the Force? I personally never quite understand why there’s the need to label and hence maybe measure the sensitivity of every character to the Force. I am not too fond of midichlorians Smile. I am happy if it never gets explained why Finn snapped out of his stormtrooper brainwashing. I do believe it’s the Force that gave him a push and he listened, but that’s what I like to believe. Does that make him force sensitive? No idea and I don’t care. I think his path is freeing the other stormtroopers and become a big deal in the Resistance. The rest could be left open to everyone’s interpretation imo.

I mean, when do you reach the level “force sensitive”? Are the loth-cats force sensitive in Star Wars Rebels? They seem to be atune to its will. Are Han Solo, Poe Dameron and Hera Syndulla great pilots because maybe they are also more atune to the Force? Who knows. I like that it remains a mystery. The Force has to retain some mystery otherwise SW will turn into pure science fiction, which is great too, but it’s not SW imo.
@SanghaRen

Hi @SanghaRen, thanks for responding!
Yeah I think the force is linked to everything.. and ill-defined. Yes! the Midichlorians were a let down.. but I was glad at least to have it explained at some point in some way..
It sounds like all living things have are connected the force, and have the dreaded midichlorians, but at a certain midichlorian level a living thing is categorised as 'force-sensitive' - I don't know if I've understood it correctly..

Jedi seem to be a higher level of Midichlorians, and then of course Anakin, the chosen one was highest of the high levels..

Rey and Kylo? I have no idea.. and maybe we all want to just forget midichlorians! Smile

I found it interesting that the database specifically said Finn (and Rey) had his destiny shaped by the force.
This could be down to how the series of events turn out.. but that is true of every person isn't it? So then why say it about Finn? It made me wonder if there is more to this.

Maybe it's like the force chose to wake Finn out of his stormtrooper mind - for a higher purpose we are yet to see unfold. MI agree @SanghaRen - my thoughts went to his being instrumental in a stormtrooper revolution! Smile
But would that mean Finn is force sensitive? .. and what does that even mean? lol.
I throw these things out there to discuss, and I am not wed to ideas about it..

SkyStar wrote:
DeeBee wrote:Hi Everyone, ***Quote edited out for brevity****
@DeeBee

Finn was pretty much confirmed as being non-force sensitive, but I believe he was affected by the awakening. Not directly like Rey, but from a certain point of view. I see it as everything is just chain of events and force is there to bind it together.
@SkyStar

Thanks @SkyStar - he is not classed as force-sensitive..okay.

I do wonder what force-sensitive means..  
Yeah this idea that Finn was affected by the awakening is really interesting..

SheLitAFire wrote:
SkyStar wrote:
DeeBee wrote:Hi Everyone,  ***Quote edited out for brevity****
@DeeBee

Finn was pretty much confirmed as being non-force sensitive, but I believe he was affected by the awakening. Not directly like Rey, but from a certain point of view. I see it as everything is just chain of events and force is there to bind it together.
@SkyStar

Interesting. I would qualify Finn's awakening, based on what we know from TFA, as a moral awakening and awakening as an individual, as a free thinker & dissenter, when he's been brought up in such a collective totalitarian society. With type of hold that the kind of mindless, brainwashing the FO does, Finn's awakening is quite remarkable as he stops to question & analyze on his own, even if he's not force sensitive.
And thus he sets up the plot by escaping with Poe, landing (crashing) on Jakku and colliding with Rey, in turn greatly altering her life.
@SheLitAFire

I agree @SheLitAFire - interesting! I like your take on Finn's awakening.. and it is really interesting to consider whether the force is involved in that moral awakening!!!
Why? It raises interesting questions about the will of the force - and while characters have agency - the Force does also seem to be almost laying out a destiny for our characters to fulfill (even Finn - who is not a jedi or full of raw powah.). This concept is going to be massive (IMHO of course Smile ) in TLJ. as Finn says in the trailer: Bring it on!!! Smile

I can see RJ exploring these big philosophical ideas - especially if he can make Looper and then say the big question was: would the actions and sacrifice of the characters change things overall? would another big bad have come along and taken the baddie's place anyway?
Leads me to consider he likes the big overarching philosophical questions... and we are not going to get a George Lucas type of black and white treatment of good and evil in this one!!

Thanks for responding!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next