Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

+71
Teo oswald
Man Without A Star
Apriljandy
rey09
TheLastJedi
special_cases
MrsWindu
Kylo Rey
Starliteprism
Riri
SW_Heroine_Journey
californiagirl
Kessel
PalmettoBlue
tukicarreno
EchoBase
AceofWands
justyou
Lovely_Rose
fuhry
Chris24601
giaciak2
Dar-ren19
DeeBee
motherofpearl1
Saracene
Mila95
rawpowah
roguepixie
MaddieDove
krissy01
LadyGaufrette
ISeeAnIsland
SanghaRen
AhsokaTano
Reylo Lemon
SkyStar
olyer
Geralt_Riv
Maria26
4forYouRey-lolo
Forsythia
RosiePancake
Tex
ZioRen
nickandnora
Darth Dementor
Armadeus
bashfulblueeyes3
pacificwanderer
loversinthestorm
whisperingwillow
Atenais
KiraRen2015
Darth Rowan
Birdwoman
kroi
SheLitAFire
PrincessPorg
IoJovi
Darth_Awakened
Night Huntress
Cowgirlsamurai
cherrylipstick
Piper Maru
nana7marie
Moonlight13
vaderito
Lily Snape
Marlow
snufkin
75 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 30 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Wed 31 Oct 2018, 10:32 am

Riri wrote:@SW_Heroine_Journey

Thank you so much for posting, i screen shot this and posted on twitter!

The wording does sound timeless, i love the focus on Leia’s relationship with Ben and the belief in his redemption eek!
@Riri

Honored!  I admit I was surprised this book was released now, versus after IX, yet it is obvious it is an important project (and message) for LF and KK, so here it is, and I have no complaints! Smile  But, they have the IX quandary because of reylo and bendemption.  I realized as I read the entries, regardless of what happens in IX, they are timeless present, plus a wink of spoilers..lol...so the book remains collectible valuable.
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 30 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by AhsokaTano Wed 31 Oct 2018, 11:48 am

Wow everyone ! Smile This is wonderful and very promising! Smile I just had notification from amazon that my copy has been posted through my letterbox - if I find anything else when I have a look through it when I get home tonight I will post on here .
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Wed 31 Oct 2018, 1:14 pm

Can someone clarify something for me in regards to Leia in the next film, because this reminds me of a comment I saw on another forum.

J.J. revealed that he would be using unaired footage from TFA in order to have Leia in IX, correct? But the thing is, beyond that, he didn't give any context for how he's going to use that footage, right? I saw someone mention somewhere else that someone's "leaks" couldn't be correct because they said that Leia was dead in IX, but we know from J.J. that she's going to be alive... thing is, we don't actually know that, do we? Because to me J.J. revealing that Leia is going to be in IX via previous footage might just be a coy way of saying she's going to be in it via flashback, though she could technically be dead by the time the film begins. But we don't actually know. Right?

Just wondering if I have the right impression of what we do/don't know.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Wed 31 Oct 2018, 1:28 pm

nickandnora wrote:Can someone clarify something for me in regards to Leia in the next film, because this reminds me of a comment I saw on another forum.

J.J. revealed that he would be using unaired footage from TFA in order to have Leia in IX, correct? But the thing is, beyond that, he didn't give any context for how he's going to use that footage, right? I saw someone mention somewhere else that someone's "leaks" couldn't be correct because they said that Leia was dead in IX, but we know from J.J. that she's going to be alive... thing is, we don't actually know that, do we? Because to me J.J. revealing that Leia is going to be in IX via previous footage might just be a coy way of saying she's going to be in it via flashback, though she could technically be dead by the time the film begins. But we don't actually know. Right?

Just wondering if I have the right impression of what we do/don't know.

@nickandnora

The official release only says "The role of Leia Organa will once again be played by Carrie Fisher, using previously unreleased footage shot for Star Wars: The Force Awakens. “We desperately loved Carrie Fisher,” says Abrams. “Finding a truly satisfying conclusion to the Skywalker saga without her eluded us. We were never going to recast, or use a CG character. With the support and blessing from her daughter, Billie, we have found a way to honor Carrie’s legacy and role as Leia in Episode IX by using unseen footage we shot together in Episode VII.”

So, it can be either way (flashbacks, or Leia is alive in the scene).....or both...there are more unknowns than knowns at the moment about this. Unfortunately, clarification is technically not currently possible.

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-episode-ix-cast-announced
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Wed 31 Oct 2018, 1:35 pm

About Leia, and IX...the SW: Women of the Galaxy last paragraph in her entry mentions...so...it can be interpreted either way for flashbacks and/or Leia is alive in IX

"Buoyed by her hope, Leia keeps going even in the darkest of times. It's who she is. It's devastating, and the first time we've seen the unflappable Leia Organa waiver, when she says toward the end of The Last Jedi, 'The galaxy has lost all its hope. The spark is out.' But she does not break, the tide of the battle turns, and Leia rallies the remaining Resistance forces to fight another day. Hope always remains."
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Wed 31 Oct 2018, 2:57 pm

@SW_Heroine_Journey

That's what I thought, that basically anything is game and J.J.'s admission that they will be using previous footage of Carrie doesn't tell us anything one way or other, especially considering: a) J.J. hates spoilers and loves misdirection, and b) J.J. loves flashbacks (meaning they're always going to be a possibility). I was just confused as to why this one poster on reddit was so emphatic that we know Leia will be alive in IX. I mean, she might be (but to be honest I think it would still be incredibly difficult to do this justice with found footage), but she might not be.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue Wed 31 Oct 2018, 3:06 pm

@SW_Heroine_Journey That last line is golden: Hope always remains.

Hope always remains.

Ben, the Resistance...everything.
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Thu 01 Nov 2018, 7:22 am

"Skywalker saga without her eluded us. We were never going to recast, or use a CG character. We have found a way to honor our daughter, Billie, we have found a way to honor Carrie's legacy and role as Leia in Episode IX by using an unseen footage we shot together in Episode VII. "

I really want to see how they put Carrie's parts, I hope they do not mess, but I trust JJ
I also hope that they have shot scenes with Kylo, there must be a mother son moment in this last chapter
they must show it to us Smile
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Thu 01 Nov 2018, 9:13 am

Teo oswald wrote:"Skywalker saga without her eluded us. We were never going to recast, or use a CG character. We have found a way to honor our daughter, Billie, we have found a way to honor Carrie's legacy and role as Leia in Episode IX by using an unseen footage we shot together in Episode VII. "

I really want to see how they put Carrie's parts, I hope they do not mess, but I trust JJ
I also hope that they have shot scenes with Kylo, there must be a mother son moment in this last chapter
they must show it to us Smile
@Teo oswald

I would love it if their means of connecting would be via the World Between Worlds, in that she most probably would have passed away, but Ben would find himself there and would be able to connect with her prior to her passing as Leia's passing would be a monumental moment in the universe, I feel.
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Thu 01 Nov 2018, 3:01 pm

Not sure if this goes here, but what is these news of Kylo getting a new super weapon or lightsaber? Is it a crack spoiler? Anyone knows? I am reading this on some online sites and wanted to know if it was true or not. scratch
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by roguepixie Thu 01 Nov 2018, 4:12 pm

@tukicarreno

I heard the source tracks back to He Who Shant Be Named so you might want to disregard
roguepixie
roguepixie
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Thu 01 Nov 2018, 5:18 pm

Rumored scene that Kylo has a vision of Anakin right before he is put in the suit and becomes Darth Vader.

I could see this as a major moment that makes Ben rethink holding up his grandfather's legacy, due to the pain and anguish it caused him. Part of me hopes this or some variation of the scene makes it into the movie. It would be nice to see Solo interact with Anakin in some capacity.

Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Thu 01 Nov 2018, 7:23 pm

roguepixie wrote:@tukicarreno

I heard the source tracks back to He Who Shant Be Named so you might want to disregard
@roguepixie

Got it. Thanks so much. Why do people still believe everything he says in his videos? Drives me crazy. Evil or Very Mad
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by kroi Thu 01 Nov 2018, 8:21 pm

Richard E. Grant joined Josh Horowitz on his podcast Happy Sad Confused and spoke a bit about Star Wars: Episode IX.
J: Wait, do I have this right—did you not even know you were up for a Star Wars movie when you kind of like put yourself out there for this?

R: I got sent a 10-page generic sort of, I think, it was an interrogation scene clearly from a 1940s British B picture because the references were not Star Wars and the language was something that my grandfather would have spoken in and I thought, you know, the three contrasting scenes that you were supposed to show as much versatility you could muster in a self-taping situation. So I did that and sent it off and it goes into cyberspace and you don’t even think about it again because it’s what actors, you know, what you do all the time, you audition, send stuff out and never hear [back].

And then I got a call from my agent saying, ‘Oh when you go to Pinewood Studios, are they going to send a car to pick you up?’ and I thought: Why? That’s never happened to me before. A car to go and have a meeting.

So they did and I got there and the casting director Nina Gold who had gotten me there in the first place was very smiley and I said, ‘What am I here for? I don’t have any scenes to prepare. I had not been told—’ she said, ‘No no, don’t worry about that.’ So I went in.

J.J. was sitting with Daisy Ridley and said, ‘Hey! Great. Come in. So you’re gonna do it?’ and I said, ‘Do what?’

And at this point the room went upside-down and I’m sure he was telling me in detail what part I was playing and what the character is called. I have no memory of that whatsoever. I just kept thinking: I might be in Star Wars.

https://sleemo.co/post/179669515297/happy-sad-confused-richard-grant
kroi
kroi
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Thu 01 Nov 2018, 9:14 pm

kroi wrote:Richard E. Grant joined Josh Horowitz on his podcast Happy Sad Confused and spoke a bit about Star Wars: Episode IX.
J: Wait, do I have this right—did you not even know you were up for a Star Wars movie when you kind of like put yourself out there for this?

R: I got sent a 10-page generic sort of, I think, it was an interrogation scene clearly from a 1940s British B picture because the references were not Star Wars and the language was something that my grandfather would have spoken in and I thought, you know, the three contrasting scenes that you were supposed to show as much versatility you could muster in a self-taping situation. So I did that and sent it off and it goes into cyberspace and you don’t even think about it again because it’s what actors, you know, what you do all the time, you audition, send stuff out and never hear [back].

And then I got a call from my agent saying, ‘Oh when you go to Pinewood Studios, are they going to send a car to pick you up?’ and I thought: Why? That’s never happened to me before. A car to go and have a meeting.

So they did and I got there and the casting director Nina Gold who had gotten me there in the first place was very smiley and I said, ‘What am I here for? I don’t have any scenes to prepare. I had not been told—’ she said, ‘No no, don’t worry about that.’ So I went in.

J.J. was sitting with Daisy Ridley and said, ‘Hey! Great. Come in. So you’re gonna do it?’ and I said, ‘Do what?’

And at this point the room went upside-down and I’m sure he was telling me in detail what part I was playing and what the character is called. I have no memory of that whatsoever. I just kept thinking: I might be in Star Wars.

@kroi

That's interesting that Daisy was in that meeting with REG. I wonder if that's an indication that they'll be sharing scenes together.

It's even more interesting if it means anything that REG was sent an interrogation scene to audition with.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Fri 02 Nov 2018, 2:47 am

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
kroi wrote:Richard E. Grant joined Josh Horowitz on his podcast Happy Sad Confused and spoke a bit about Star Wars: Episode IX.

@kroi

That's interesting that Daisy was in that meeting with REG. I wonder if that's an indication that they'll be sharing scenes together.

It's even more interesting if it means anything that REG was sent an interrogation scene to audition with.
@ISeeAnIsland

My thoughts immediately went to Tarkin while reading about the movies from 1940 and grandfather lines. Not that I think REG would play resurrected Tarkin (LOL), but the type of old fashioned FO officer (maybe some old Imperial officer who joined the FO) isn't out of the possibility.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Fri 02 Nov 2018, 1:52 pm

I'm thinking he's either a villain type or a mentor-type character who helps Rey on her journey.

After all, we already had one heroine-villain interrogation scene. Unless they want to do another to contrast it to the Reylo one. But idk.
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Fri 02 Nov 2018, 11:03 pm

@kroi

THanks so much for sharing this kroi! very interesting indeed!

An interrogation scene with a 1940s vibe - super interesting!!
What I found most interesting here is : what's the other two scenes he had to audition with?
That he mentions the interrogation scene may mean it's not super relevant.. and the other two scenes which he doesn't describe are..
Of course, it may mean nothing but I'm super curious to hear about these other two scenes.
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Sat 03 Nov 2018, 2:42 am

@Kroi
@DeeBee
Thanks for posting this Kroi. Yes I wonder too what the other two scenes are ? Definitely sounds like he’s sharing scenes with Daisy though . Maybe he is first order and interrogating Rey or maybe resistance interrogating someone first order and rey is present as the force user ( like a reverse interrogation scene from TFA)? I have a feeling the other two scenes he mentions may be too spoilery so maybe that’s why he only mentioned this one . Very interesting.
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Sat 03 Nov 2018, 3:53 am

Domnhall spotted in Dublin and he has a thick beard. If we remember back in Aug when he was doing his Little Stranger promo, he had no beard and was talking about being on the SW set “yesterday”. So does this mean Domhnall hasnt been filming at all, or will be filming his scenes soon? So We know Adam has been filming so i guess we can speculate that Adam has not been filming with Domhnall recently hmm. Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 30 D37b8110

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Marlow Sat 03 Nov 2018, 11:00 am

I have a feeling that Domhnall hasn't been filming since September Shocked . This was him in mid September, and you can already see that he's starting to let his facial hair grow out. Granted, it's easy for one to shave and regrow a beard, so it's not really a solid indicator of anything -- but he has also been spotted pretty consistently in Dublin since then. If he did do some filming, it would have been very short. If he hasn't wrapped already, he's probably waiting for Adam to finish up campaigning for Blackkkklansman to film the rest of his scenes.

Marlow
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Mon 05 Nov 2018, 7:07 am

New Adam interview: http://www.vulture.com/2018/11/adam-driver-in-conversation.html

Q: What’s interesting to you about playing Kylo Ren?
Adam: That’s hard to say because we’re working toward something in particular with that character. I don’t want to give anything away.

Q: There are very few people in the world who can see the ways in which a large number of other people view them. But celebrities can. So does seeing what people pick up on — whether it’s being considered attractive or intense — incur any particular self-reflection?
Adam: Being an “intense” actor, I don’t understand what that means. That I show up on set and glare at people? That before every scene I’m like, “I need to fire off a rocket really quick and then I’ll come back and act.” That I carry around cold cuts that I smash before every scene?

Q: Do you?
Adam: [Laughs.] Only on Paterson. I don’t think of myself as an intense person. If what I’m doing is so abnormal that it’s intense — yeah, I have no idea. I’m not a method actor. I like to stay focused on set but it’s not because I have a process that I’m imposing on everybody else. Sometimes you have to be more focused in between scenes because what’s happening is that, on something like Star Wars, it’s pure comedy in between takes. It’s stormtroopers running into walls because they can’t see through their helmets. So I don’t know where the intense thing came from.

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Mon 05 Nov 2018, 7:29 am

@Riri
That’s super interesting Riri - thanks for finding this . Wow ! So it’s like a comedy set on Star Wars and he’s doesn’t see himself as intense or a method actor ? That’s very interesting because we were led to believe the opposite before ie Adam staying in character most of the time due to being a method actor and Intensity of kylo as a character . I wonder if this is part of the marketing ploy to lighten the mood of what goes on set and his character and this is the truth as to how it’s always been on set . I always had my suspicions that those rumours of him being broody etc on set were fabrications because you’ve only got to look how smiley he is behind the scenes TLJ in his tie silencer , when daisy looks at him laughing on her knees and he shows her the lightsaber ( no doubt they were sharing a joke ), the fact Rian Johnson said Adam had a great sense of humour and that they all went out drinking and for meals etc . They’ve tried to hide away Adam a lot in the behind the scenes reels ( focussing on Oscar and John ) and I think it’s been deliberate in keeping in line with the mystery of kylo as a character .
Now maybe the tide is turning and the truth is coming out because kylo’s character is heading to the light big time . Either that or Adam is a lot more comfortable with his Star Wars family now as he’s on his third film with them.
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 Mon 05 Nov 2018, 7:47 am

@AhsokaTano We hope and pray Laughing
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/shaara-2

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Mon 05 Nov 2018, 9:39 am

Riri wrote:New Adam interview: http://www.vulture.com/2018/11/adam-driver-in-conversation.html

Q: What’s interesting to you about playing Kylo Ren?
Adam: That’s hard to say because we’re working toward something in particular with that character. I don’t want to give anything away.

Q: There are very few people in the world who can see the ways in which a large number of other people view them. But celebrities can. So does seeing what people pick up on — whether it’s being considered attractive or intense — incur any particular self-reflection?
Adam: Being an “intense” actor, I don’t understand what that means. That I show up on set and glare at people? That before every scene I’m like, “I need to fire off a rocket really quick and then I’ll come back and act.” That I carry around cold cuts that I smash before every scene?

Q: Do you?
Adam: [Laughs.] Only on Paterson. I don’t think of myself as an intense person. If what I’m doing is so abnormal that it’s intense — yeah, I have no idea. I’m not a method actor. I like to stay focused on set but it’s not because I have a process that I’m imposing on everybody else. Sometimes you have to be more focused in between scenes because what’s happening is that, on something like Star Wars, it’s pure comedy in between takes. It’s stormtroopers running into walls because they can’t see through their helmets. So I don’t know where the intense thing came from.
@Riri

That was a really long but fantastic interview. Print interview with Adam always tend to be the best. He really does tell it like it is re: showbusiness integrity and he gets pretty existential in this interview at times haha. What I find most interesting about his answer about Kylo despite not being able to give anything away is that it implies that the things he finds most fascinating about him we haven’t seen on screen yet.

@AhsokaTano That whole method acting/serious persona thing surrounding Adam was always exaggerated tbh. Most of it didn’t even originate from himself. He had to debunk that rumour about turning down lunch with Mark Hamill as it wasn’t true. We know he pranks people on set and Rian said he was the funniest. But yeah, it is interesting from a PR standpoint. Especially with what it bodes for Kylo’s character as LFL is very conscious about these things (see Wreck it Ralph’s Kylo joke).
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next