Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

+71
Teo oswald
Man Without A Star
Apriljandy
rey09
TheLastJedi
special_cases
MrsWindu
Kylo Rey
Starliteprism
Riri
SW_Heroine_Journey
californiagirl
Kessel
PalmettoBlue
tukicarreno
EchoBase
AceofWands
justyou
Lovely_Rose
fuhry
Chris24601
giaciak2
Dar-ren19
DeeBee
motherofpearl1
Saracene
Mila95
rawpowah
roguepixie
MaddieDove
krissy01
LadyGaufrette
ISeeAnIsland
SanghaRen
AhsokaTano
Reylo Lemon
SkyStar
olyer
Geralt_Riv
Maria26
4forYouRey-lolo
Forsythia
RosiePancake
Tex
ZioRen
nickandnora
Darth Dementor
Armadeus
bashfulblueeyes3
pacificwanderer
loversinthestorm
whisperingwillow
Atenais
KiraRen2015
Darth Rowan
Birdwoman
kroi
SheLitAFire
PrincessPorg
IoJovi
Darth_Awakened
Night Huntress
Cowgirlsamurai
cherrylipstick
Piper Maru
nana7marie
Moonlight13
vaderito
Lily Snape
Marlow
snufkin
75 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 37 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by tukicarreno Thu 06 Dec 2018, 2:38 pm

Yes! Awesome. So happy for Adam! And yes, he must be in the UK filming hopefully some scenes with Daisy!
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 37 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Birdwoman Thu 06 Dec 2018, 3:57 pm

Blackkklansman was such a good movie. He and the whole cast did an excellent job!

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Thu 06 Dec 2018, 5:49 pm

loversinthestorm wrote:I don’t know them well enough but I was under the impression that he was pro / neutral to reylo and she is completely against. Leaks analysis are just speculation and depends on who is speculating of course, the important is just the information. I personally am expecting for evil kylo marketing (with the Asian marketing being a little more truthful) so we can be surprised as an audience. I would be more nervous if they teased the redemption too much because that would Probably mean they would subvert our expectations (kind of like they joked with Rey skywallker a lot).
@loversinthestorm

Yes, that makes sense. I am just sad that most likely once again Adam and Daisy will not do any press interviews or promo together as usual. But still hope I a wrong.. Its the last movie, so JJ better go big or go home!
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Thu 06 Dec 2018, 7:34 pm

I fully expect people to learn nothing from TLJ, and for the 95% of all articles and speculations to completely ignore the Rey/Kylo dynamic beyond "they will fight in the finale". Because movies are just like video games and have to end with a boss fight.

So basically, Rey and Kylo will have nothing to do with each other for 90% of the film, and their relationship will stay completely static throughout, according to the "experts" who totally predicted TLJ Rolling Eyes
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Thu 06 Dec 2018, 10:02 pm

Saracene wrote:

So basically, Rey and Kylo will have nothing to do with each other for 90% of the film, and their relationship will stay completely static throughout, according to the "experts" who totally predicted TLJ Rolling Eyes
@Saracene

lol! Exactly.
Can you imagine JJ wasting Adam and Daisy's chemistry the whole movie by keeping them apart until the very end? No way! JJ is smart and must know by now what the audience wants soo.... I am hopeful there will be many Reylo moments to be excited about! Will remain positive...
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Thu 06 Dec 2018, 11:34 pm

Just about every review of TLJ praised the 'dynamic' relationship between Rey and Kylo, and many claimed their on screen chemistry the best thing in the film.
And let's face it....JJ set it all in motion for Rian to develop. The bridal carry, the sexy unmasking, Max's little speech to Rey about 'belonging'....that was JJ.
I refuse to believe he will not 'finish what he started'.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AceofWands Sat 08 Dec 2018, 8:59 am

kroi wrote:

Actually it could just mean they were deciding which scenes it looked best in, though I am now laughing thinking of him wearing it while shirtless w/ his high waist pants!! lol!

As far as the mask goes, I really don't understand the dismay over it.... JJ started Reylo in TFA w/ Kylo wearing a mask. Him wearing it again doesn't signal no redemption or no romance with Rey. Also the leaker added more about it's look; "It definitely looked like it was broken and put back together with the red stuff. The lines were kinda thin. It kinda reminded me of the look of a porcelain vase that was broken and put back together if that makes sense."

When I first heard of it honestly I was excited, because it sounds like Kintsugi...
"The kintsugi technique suggests many things. We shouldn’t throw away broken objects. When an object breaks, it doesn’t mean that it is no more useful. Its breakages can become valuable. We should try to repair things because sometimes in doing so we obtain more valuable objects. This is the essence of resilience. Each of us should look for a way to cope with traumatic events in a positive way, learn from negative experiences, take the best from them and convince ourselves that exactly these experiences make each person unique, precious."
https://www.lifegate.com/people/lifestyle/kintsugi
"This repair method celebrates each artifact’s unique history by emphasizing its fractures and breaks instead of hiding or disguising them. Kintsugi often makes the repaired piece even more beautiful than the original, revitalizing it with new life."
& "Namely, the practice is related to the Japanese philosophy of wabi-sabi, which calls for seeing beauty in the flawed or imperfect. The repair method was also born from the Japanese feeling of mottainai, which expresses regret when something is wasted, as well as mushin, the acceptance of change."
https://mymodernmet.com/kintsugi-kintsukuroi/
A Christian piece about Kintsugi & Redemption: http://kinstugi.blogspot.com/2015/05/kintsugi-and-power-of-forgiveness-and.html

And:
"There is a Japanese art form called Kintsugi that I think is a beautiful metaphor for this redemptive process. Kintsugi is the process of fixing broken pottery with a lacquer resin sprinkled with powdered gold. The story goes that in the 15th century, the Shogun of Japan sent a damaged Chinese tea bowl to China to be repaired. When it was returned with ugly metal staples, Japanese craftsmen came up with a more aesthetic means of repair. Hence, Kintsugi. Because of the gold linings, the new pottery becomes even more valuable than the old unbroken pottery.

I wonder if the same is true for us. We all experience brokenness, sometimes in very painful ways. But I believe there is also hope for repair, healing, and redemption. If you are a person of faith, perhaps you view God as an integral part of this process. And when the process is complete, the new version of yourself may be even more valuable than the old."
https://www.joshuanhook.com/kintsugi/
@kroi

Awesome observation. It ties with the possible symbolism of the mask for sure.
AceofWands
AceofWands
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Mon 10 Dec 2018, 1:56 pm

We are getting a snowy planet btw. Smile

So there have been various tours happening in Pinewood recently, anyway someone posted this on insta

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 37 Cec26810

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Mon 10 Dec 2018, 11:21 pm

A snowy planet, a jungle/forest planet, that grassy planet Poe and Finn were on, a desert planet that is apparently not Jakku-this movie will really go everywhere it seems.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Tue 11 Dec 2018, 2:47 am

@Riri -great find! thanks for sharing!
@californiagirl - yeah! I'm loving all this!! Who knows, we may see one of these terrains only very briefly..
Anyone got ideas for a set for a snowy planet?
maybe... they are filming a flashback scene about previous events on starkiller.
maybe... we see Rey go to Ilum to find a lightsaber crystal so she can build a double sided saber?! I wish. lol..

Is it just me or is it starting to seem real that IX is starting to be visible on that horizon?!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Tue 11 Dec 2018, 7:45 am

@DeeBee
maybe... we see Rey go to Ilum to find a lightsaber crystal so she can build a double sided saber?! I wish. lol..
If some theories about Ilum are true, it's going to be difficult for Rey to go there. Laughing

californiagirl wrote:A snowy planet, a jungle/forest planet, that grassy planet Poe and Finn were on, a desert planet that is apparently not Jakku-this movie will really go everywhere it seems.
@californiagirl

snowy planet -> Starkiller base
forest planet -> Takodana
desert planet -> Jakku

Good news, IX will not be a remake of ROTJ, bad news, it seems it will be a remake of TFA. lol!

More seriously, I think it will principaly be new planets to expand the Galaxy in the movie. But new types of planet will be nice. I'm sorry but Jakku with more rocks I call that Tatooine.
For the known snowy planets, there is one in Solo, Vandor maybe. There is also Hoth. In TCW, there is Orto Plutonia.
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry Tue 11 Dec 2018, 9:25 am

@LadyGaufrette

I find it hard to believe that they would introduce a third desert planet into the saga. It just seems like a return to Tatooine, where it all began, would be more likely.
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Tue 11 Dec 2018, 10:00 am

@fuhry Fourth desert planet, if we're counting Jedha, which was actually filmed in the same place they shot for this planet in IX. According to MSW, they consider it more of a rocky planet.

They are also apparently back in Black Park. There's lots of photos of sets and scenery here.

https://makingstarwars.net/2018/12/star-wars-episode-ix-rumors-back-in-black-turtles-castles-and-13-dazzling-photos/
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Tue 11 Dec 2018, 11:56 am

The info just keeps rolling in. Mark has done a week of IX shoots and still has most of his parts to film. I for one think he needs to face not only Kylo for obvious reasons, but probably Rey too, since they left on a very bad note as well. I also wouldn't mind more flashbacks to fill in some gaps. Better to show than tell. He is being sent uber-secretive rewrites. Not surprising, as JJ ususally changes stuff as he goes. I'm sure fandom will find way to turn this into a gate too.  Razz

https://ew.com/movies/2018/12/11/mark-hamill-episode-ix-spoiler-security/?utm_campaign=entertainmentweekly_ew&utm_content=link&utm_term=1C72243A-FD67-11E8-9268-25E84744363C&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Tue 11 Dec 2018, 12:18 pm

If there is one thing I would like to see it's Luke asking Kylo to forgive him.
Then maybe Kylo can do the same.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Tue 11 Dec 2018, 12:53 pm

@californiagirl

Thanks for sharing, theres some interesting snippets regarding the super secrecy lengths they're going to this time...

...Nowadays it’s like working for some secret deep state government organization, like being in the CIA. They’re going to send rewrites over to Prague on this dark red paper that gives you a headache to read.”....During filming for The Last Jedi, Hamill noted he was allowed to keep a paper script. Not so for the Episode IX.

“They’re going to fly [the rewrites] over with somebody from the company,” Hamill said. “They’re going to come and give it to me and wait for me to read it before I give it back. So no pressure! You can’t even keep it overnight. But that’s the way it is now.”

Hamill said he spent about a week on Episode IX previously and will return for more shooting amid his Knightfall schedule.
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Tue 11 Dec 2018, 1:18 pm

motherofpearl1 wrote:Just about every review of TLJ praised the 'dynamic' relationship between Rey and Kylo, and many claimed their on screen chemistry the best thing in the film.
And let's face it....JJ set it all in motion for Rian to develop. The bridal carry, the sexy unmasking, Max's little speech to Rey about 'belonging'....that was JJ.
I refuse to believe he will not 'finish what he started'.
@motherofpearl1

I saw what you did there. Laughing
Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue Tue 11 Dec 2018, 3:53 pm

Y'all, I'm ridiculous. I've gotten to the point where I don't even want to hear about it if someone says Kylo is embracing evil, that he's just going to continue getting worse.
Did we not watch the same film?
I'm just - tired of that line of thought.
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Tue 11 Dec 2018, 7:37 pm

PalmettoBlue wrote:Y'all, I'm ridiculous. I've gotten to the point where I don't even want to hear about it if someone says Kylo is embracing evil, that he's just going to continue getting worse.
Did we not watch the same film?
I'm just - tired of that line of thought.
@PalmettoBlue

I just find it hilarious that people seem to have learned nothing after they were 100% wrong about Kylo going into TLJ. At some point, you'd think they'd realize that they aren't seeing the character and his arc the right way.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Wed 12 Dec 2018, 2:57 am

californiagirl wrote:@fuhry Fourth desert planet, if we're counting Jedha, which was actually filmed in the same place they shot for this planet in IX. According to MSW, they consider it more of a rocky planet.

They are also apparently back in Black Park. There's lots of photos of sets and scenery here.

https://makingstarwars.net/2018/12/star-wars-episode-ix-rumors-back-in-black-turtles-castles-and-13-dazzling-photos/
@californiagirl
I'd like to see Jedha again. I've just read the comic series 'Ashes of Jedha' (Star wars issues 38-43) which has Leia, Luke and Han visiting Jedha to stop the empire from mining for kyber crystals there in all the rubble.. The comic leaves Jedha in the situation of slowly falling apart, and expected to totally disintegrate. Maybe somehow there is an intervention of some kind after this which stablises Jedha and which hasn't been included in canon yet. I really like the idea of planets being healed and restored - I'd like for this to happen to Jakku too.

motherofpearl1 wrote:If there is one thing I would like to see it's Luke asking Kylo to forgive him.
Then maybe Kylo can do the same.
@motherofpearl1
We saw Luke say sorry to Kylo/Ben in The Last Jedi already.. L: I failed you Ben. I’m sorry.
I thought with the way he said this, he was asking for forgiveness, but maybe others see this differently.
Maybe in IX we will have Luke asking Kylo/Ben if he has been forgiven to follow this up....

I noticed Luke said sorry to Leia in TLJ also. I think he needs to say sorry to Rey in IX!

DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Tue 18 Dec 2018, 10:35 am

EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Tue 18 Dec 2018, 1:27 pm

Lol. I can't believe it almost January and we haven't had one single pic of Daisy or Adam on set.
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Tue 18 Dec 2018, 4:24 pm

@tukicarreno Probably just emphasizes how super-secret their parts are. It's promising, if anything.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Wed 19 Dec 2018, 1:09 pm

californiagirl wrote:@tukicarreno Probably just emphasizes how super-secret their parts are. It's promising, if anything.
@californiagirl

True! Cannot wait! Who knows? Maybe Adam & Daisy are busy filming my wish of a very romantic kiss scene! I love you Smile
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue Wed 19 Dec 2018, 6:06 pm

@tukicarreno We can only hope.
In all seriousness - how seriously are we taking the rumored rebuild of the Legacy saber? The cracked and repaired helmet?
On another note - I'd like of like to see Jedha again, but it was pretty gnarly after that hit from the Death Star. It might make sense to return there if there was anything left of the kyber crystals.
Also - the leak about Hux being captured - are we calling that crack?
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next