Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

+71
Teo oswald
Man Without A Star
Apriljandy
rey09
TheLastJedi
special_cases
MrsWindu
Kylo Rey
Starliteprism
Riri
SW_Heroine_Journey
californiagirl
Kessel
PalmettoBlue
tukicarreno
EchoBase
AceofWands
justyou
Lovely_Rose
fuhry
Chris24601
giaciak2
Dar-ren19
DeeBee
motherofpearl1
Saracene
Mila95
rawpowah
roguepixie
MaddieDove
krissy01
LadyGaufrette
ISeeAnIsland
SanghaRen
AhsokaTano
Reylo Lemon
SkyStar
olyer
Geralt_Riv
Maria26
4forYouRey-lolo
Forsythia
RosiePancake
Tex
ZioRen
nickandnora
Darth Dementor
Armadeus
bashfulblueeyes3
pacificwanderer
loversinthestorm
whisperingwillow
Atenais
KiraRen2015
Darth Rowan
Birdwoman
kroi
SheLitAFire
PrincessPorg
IoJovi
Darth_Awakened
Night Huntress
Cowgirlsamurai
cherrylipstick
Piper Maru
nana7marie
Moonlight13
vaderito
Lily Snape
Marlow
snufkin
75 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 20 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Night Huntress Wed 29 Aug 2018, 1:24 pm

LadyGaufrette wrote:

When you have problems with your family, a distant parent is sometimes very important to you because they interact with you differently. He's not the only one to reach Ben, he is just an additional piece in the puzzle to get Ben back. You can talk about the bond between Ben and Lando in the last film perfectly fine, it still will be coherent with the other movies.
@LadyGaufrette

I can agree with that from personal experience. I cut all contact with my parents over 2 years ago...but I still write and message with my aunt.
She is kind of a "neutral" figure in the family and I know I can speak with her without being judged or her taking sides.

I don't know how big or important Lando's role will be- but I do think it would be a wasted opportunity if they didn't include some emotional connection to Ben or the Solo family. Not saying he will have scenes with Ben- I doubt that...but maybe he could be someone who still has faith in him? Someone who will help shifting the GA point of view regarding Ben...
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 20 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Moonlight13 Wed 29 Aug 2018, 1:25 pm

whisperingwillow wrote:
vaderito wrote:Ok, I'm out. That's it. IX will emphasize war over the force again. I'm sorry but I don't care.

Not that being a leader doesn’t mean Poe can’t get his hands dirty sometimes. Isaac trained with military advisors for the upcoming Netflix action film “Triple Frontier,” co-starring Ben Affleck and following a group of special-forces operatives who reunite to take down the leader of a South American drug cartel, and he wants Poe to show off some of those new skills in “Episode IX.”

It is a war movie,” Isaac says. “I mean, above and beyond, it is a movie about warriors.”

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/1098291002?__twitter_impression=true

yeah, not gonna pay to see this.
@vaderito

I mean it is called Star Wars... would the film not be about war? I'm fairly certain the one constant in all Star Wars films is war. The war between these factions has been the backdrop of both films so far. We get to see the characters in the context of this war and their interactions with each other as we have in every Star Wars film.
@whisperingwillow
I agree. It's interesting that he said the Resistance are "guerrilla fighters". I think this points towards a short time jump as some of you have speculated.
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Wed 29 Aug 2018, 1:34 pm

@vaderito

I don't think there was so much "war" in TLJ? Nope

Remember "the war" is only the stage for what's really the theme in Star Wars. Love, forgiveness and redemption.

Don't be disappointed - Poe is in the resistance plot AND he can't reveal anything spoilery so the only thing he can say is what everyone already expects "that its all out war..." blah blah - yeah whatever Rolling Eyes Laughing

Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 29 Aug 2018, 1:42 pm

That's a whole rabbit hole to go down with Oscar Isaac's quote considering that his father is Cuban and that country's history of revolutions against colonialism. Leia would definitely be the Jose Marti of that movement (dunno who'd be Che, probably Saw Guerrera). However, the quote is good because it steers the concept of the Resistance in the right direction, splinter groups, not a cohesive force.

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Wed 29 Aug 2018, 1:50 pm

We left SW at the end of TLJ just after a massive battle between FO and Resistance on Crait. I'm not surprised that the most consistent and prominent element in Star Wars is war. None of that means the main characters will lose their motivations, arcs, or general development. I'm a little confused at the alarm here.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Wed 29 Aug 2018, 2:01 pm

If I am overstepping my bounds, I do apologize, yet sometimes - if our lives are personally stressed, then news connected to movies we love, etc can cause alarm. So, I hope everything is OK (you can PM me, if applicable, or not).

If it's purely alarm about the news itself, I join others in trying to assure you, it's OK, and the big items - Reylo and Bendemption are not affected.
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Wed 29 Aug 2018, 2:03 pm

I doubt LF will make IX one big CGI battle fest...what was the name of the LotR movie again who made that mistake? I'm not into LotR but I heard fans complain about that very very loudly. It's not something people want to see- no matter how good it looks after a while it gets boring.

I'm sure they will be battles in IX but for all the complains about TLJ - I think the battles were well done. My brain usually takes a break during those scenes, but I was emotionally invested. I believe you can have big "pew pew battles" and still keep the main theme about the characters and their emotions.
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Wed 29 Aug 2018, 2:37 pm

Also, remember when early TLJ marketing was all about Rey & Luke, but then the actual movie totally wasn't about that? Kind of the opposite actually. They didn't give away the force bond, hand-holding, Yoda, none of that.

Plus I'm going to wait to hear what JJ, the guy actually directing and writing the thing, says about it, as opposed to a couple of vague-ish quotes from supporting actors more involved in the war end of the film. It could very well be next year, like Celebration, before we get any solid info.

I do wonder what happened on the social media front though. They did say a month ago that JJ would be posting pictures to be archived on the SW website. Filming scenes too spoiler-filled to put online maybe?
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MindAndMagic Wed 29 Aug 2018, 2:38 pm

I definitely don't see any reason for worry or surprise. Aside from the fact no one can say anything that goes beyond completely generic/vague stuff (it really doesn't tell us ANYTHING whatsoever about what the plot is going to be like, literally nothing can be deduced from it and that's the point), especially this early into production, it is 100% to be expected that IX will be more of a war movie than any of the previous two instalments. It's Star WARS after all. xD The war only just started in VII with new alliances being formed, the Resistance suffered a defeat in VIII and now it's time to finally settle the conflict in some way in IX. What this resolution will be is up for debate, I myself hope and believe it'll be something more original and probably more complex than a classic ROTJ style ending, e.g. Rey and Kylo may end up choosing to just abandon it all and start afresh.

In any case, a big (probably angsty/possibly full of twists and turns) climactic battle will most likely take place in the final act. In essence, it is a war film, yes. But war can entail a lot of things: chance of alliances, difficult choices, questioning of loyalties, betrayals, sacrifice, etc. We all know what the story is really about, ultimately it's all about the relationship between Rey and Ben and how this conflict will affect their choices, but it's not like anyone can talk about it at this point in time without giving anything away. I'm already imagining Rey clashing with her friends when they find out about her mental link with Kylo, his own final heel-face turn, them fighting the FO side by side, etc. There are a lot of possibilities that promise excitement.
MindAndMagic
MindAndMagic
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Wed 29 Aug 2018, 2:45 pm

LadyGaufrette wrote:@vaderito

His character is playing the war plot, what else do you want him to emphasize? Laughing
@LadyGaufrette

Exactly! I really don't get why so worried? Even John said way back that there would be an all out war on IX. So keep the faith. Reylo will still be there and obviously Oscar will not be spilling the beans anytime soon. Wink
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 29 Aug 2018, 2:52 pm

Reylo's on the No Fly List for the productions. Like even with the Ireland photos what we ended up getting in the run-up press and film versus production spoilers, you'd think it was nothing but the story of the BFG with Rey hanging out being besties with Luke (I seem to remember an awful lot of hand-wringing and freaking out over the "Luke and Rey are the beating heart" comment which sure af is not the central relationship in that film). Same thing here, Reylo is the Do No Fly list and we'll get more crumbs about the BFG and conflict between the First Order and the Resistance. Both groups, BTW, which are in-universe fandoms and cosplayers over old orders who nearly got wiped out/lost leadership in TLJ. So the quote itself isn't surprising because the original conflict going back to the PT has to finally be resolved so that this fictional universe can move forward into the future. I personally find the Rebellion/Resistance part to be completely tedious and it wasn't that I even gave a sh*t as a kid rolling into RotJ about the Rebel Alliance, I just wanted Leia to get her man back and kick some a** with him. War is the setting, but it's not the story.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Wed 29 Aug 2018, 3:28 pm

Also, no offence, but Oscar and John and Gwendoline and the rest always hype up their parts/the story massively. Adam is great because he doesn't tend to do that and is more cautious and reserved. In hindsight, his quote about "it depends on what your idea of living is" when asked about Kylo's fate in TLJ for example gives a lot of insight without spoiling anything at the time. A spoiler without context, if you will.

This is interesting

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 20 Img_0943

Because unlike the interviewer, I think he's talking about IX here. The Resistance as guerilla fighters lines up with the leaked photos. Again, points to a short time jump. The people who believe Poe might be leaning more towards the 'grey' side in IX have certainly been validated here.

@Night Huntress Do you mean The Hobbit? Those were notable CGI fests while LoTR are some of the best films of all time. The battle scenes were pretty epic but in the larger scheme of things it's still a personal and human story.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Wed 29 Aug 2018, 3:44 pm

Night Huntress wrote:I doubt LF will make IX one big CGI battle fest...what was the name of the LotR movie again who made that mistake? I'm not into LotR but I heard fans complain about that very very loudly. It's not something people want to see- no matter how good it looks after a while it gets boring.

I'm sure they will be battles in IX but for all the complains about TLJ - I think the battles were well done. My brain usually takes a break during those scenes, but I was emotionally invested. I believe you can have big "pew pew battles" and still keep the main theme about the characters and their emotions.
@Night Huntress

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, the worst of the 6 movies, and what happen when a director is forced to do 3 movies instead of the 2 planned.
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by YeeRees Wed 29 Aug 2018, 3:49 pm

Domhnall Gleeson was on a podcast and talked a bit about being with Adam on the Ep IX set. Adam told Domhnall a joke about Jesus and Judas! Twisted Evil http://bentages.tumblr.com/post/177524655385/domhnall-gleeson-talks-about-adam-drivers-hugs

YeeRees
YeeRees
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Wed 29 Aug 2018, 4:00 pm

YeeRees wrote:Domhnall Gleeson was on a podcast and talked a bit about being with Adam on the Ep IX set. Adam told Domhnall a joke about Jesus and Judas! Twisted Evil http://bentages.tumblr.com/post/177524655385/domhnall-gleeson-talks-about-adam-drivers-hugs

@YeeRees

Hux doesn't even need money to backstab Kylo, he'll do it for free. lol!
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Wed 29 Aug 2018, 4:21 pm

@Kylo Rey & @LadyGaufrette

Yes! Exactly! It was The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies - I'm a total GA for LotR I have absolutely no knowledge of the backstories, books etc. and I still enjoyed the original first LotR movies but "Battle of the Five Armies" was so boring! I haven't watched it in the theatre thankfully I'm sure I would've fallen asleep.

Sorry- back to topic:

I'm curious where they will go with Poe's character in IX- I listened to the "girls with sabers" podcast and they think he is kind of a "Gaston" character in the ST. They might be on to something...I don't think he will pursue Rey like Gaston in B&B but maybe he tries to force her into a role she didn't want.
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Wed 29 Aug 2018, 4:45 pm

YeeRees wrote:Domhnall Gleeson was on a podcast and talked a bit about being with Adam on the Ep IX set. Adam told Domhnall a joke about Jesus and Judas! Twisted Evil http://bentages.tumblr.com/post/177524655385/domhnall-gleeson-talks-about-adam-drivers-hugs

@YeeRees

This is hilarious lmao! Adam tells Robin William jokes.

Horowitz: When you see Adam on set, do you hug him... like what's the nature of the real person relationship versus this tense —

Domhnall: He is brilliant. He worked with my brother as well. Did I give him a hug? I maybe did, I think I did?

Horowitz: He doesn't feel huggy to me.

Domhnall: Well he's big you know, you've got to hug up, which is unusual. You know what I mean? You feel like you're draping your arms up around him, like you feel like you're hugging your parent when you were a kid. I should do this then they can go oopsie, you know. "UP, UP, DADA! UP" like that's what I should be doing with him.

Horowitz: Piggyback ride on Adam's back

Domhnall: [laughs] He wouldn't like that, I'm not gonna do that.

Horowitz: He's excellent in BlacKkKlansman, by the way. You should check that one out.

Domhnall: I've not seen it, I really can't wait for that. He told a joke the other day —

Horowitz: What?!?

Domhnall: And it was really funny. Maybe I shouldn't tell this joke. You can decide if you'd leave it in. It's Jesus and the twelve apostles at the last supper, right? And Jesus looks at the 12 apostles and says "the Lord has told me one of you will betray me" and Judas looks at him and says "Is it me Jesus?" And Jesus goes [puts on a mocking and funny tone] "IS IT ME JESUS?"

lol! lol! It's funnier when you hear it on the podcast.

Low key think this is an IX spoiler. Jesus and Judas jokes on set could be topical in relation to Hux coup and betraying Kylo. Domhnall also said he's returning to the IX set on Monday.

Last edited by Kylo Rey on Wed 29 Aug 2018, 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Wed 29 Aug 2018, 4:45 pm

Night Huntress wrote:@Kylo Rey & @LadyGaufrette

Yes! Exactly! It was The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies - I'm a total GA for LotR I have absolutely no knowledge of the backstories, books etc. and I still enjoyed the original first LotR movies but "Battle of the Five Armies" was so boring! I haven't watched it in the theatre thankfully I'm sure I would've fallen asleep.

Sorry- back to topic:

I'm curious where they will go with Poe's character in IX- I listened to the "girls with sabers" podcast and they think he is kind of a "Gaston" character in the ST. They might be on to something...I don't think he will pursue Rey like Gaston in B&B but maybe he tries to force her into a role she didn't want.
@Night Huntress

Indeed...their Dark Dameron series, Smile where they feel he is coded as Gaston/B&B and/or Wickham/P&P, and I do think they are onto something. Plus, they've made it clear if they are wrong, no biggie, it's storytelling themes/clues they are seeing now.

I do think that if this is what J.J. is doing, yet it won't be to a point of no return (i.e. Gaston died, was evil). It is to emphasize how grey Poe is, and in some ways, he is on the other side of the same coin Hux is on (I do think Hux will die, however). On the other hand, I think Poe will get to the edge, and then step back/see the error of his ways. We shall see; it is all exciting! Smile Very Happy
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Wed 29 Aug 2018, 4:49 pm

Night Huntress wrote:
@Night Huntress

Same as you, but I was a fan of Smaug waiting to see him in this movie. I let you imagine how I felt when i actually saw the movie.  Evil or Very Mad
(Falling asleep? With the speakers hurting my poor little ear-drums each time there were actions Crying or Very sad)

Night Huntress wrote:
@Night Huntress

I'm curious too, because he is a beloved character for the GA, so will Disney put him in a bad light?
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 Thu 30 Aug 2018, 12:22 am

Mila95 wrote:I would find it kinda strange if Han's best friend showed up and just didn't have anything to do with Han's kid who he watched grow up and who also killed Han.So I feel like even if Lando is introduced as helping the resistance he'll still get some connection to Ben if even something small like a conversation with someone about him.

@Mila95 Maybe Rey will have a discussion with Unca Wanwo about Ben Solo.

Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Thu 30 Aug 2018, 1:29 am

LadyGaufrette wrote:
@Night Huntress

I'm curious too, because he is a beloved character for the GA, so will Disney put him in a bad light?
@LadyGaufrette

Well, I think Rian put him in a pretty bad light in TLJ already- unfortunately it was trivialized by that stupid conversation between Leia & Holdo.
I mean I understand, it's fiction and they can't just throw him into prison - that's not how SW works. But Leia could've voiced her disappointment rather than speaking about him like a puppy that accidentally destroyed a pair of shoes. Rolling Eyes

I know some people think he was right because Holdo didn't tell him the plan blah blah blah- but my feeling is that equally as many (if not more) GA were mad at Poe or rather the lack of consequences for his actions. He never even felt remorse - that's all that I personally would've liked to see.
I don't think he will be a "bad guy" in IX - his intentions will remain good- but his methods questionable and I want him to acknowledge at some point that he made mistakes. That would make his character so much more interesting and likable.

I feel almost bad for disliking his character so much after TFA...especially since I love Oscar Isaac so much.

Anyway- we'll see. We will get some Poe & Finn time together and I excited about that since they worked so good together in TFA.
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie Thu 30 Aug 2018, 2:50 am

OMG guys, so many notifications within the past few days, so much to talk about yet so little time for me at the moment lol! I’ll have to leave it for later and now only sharing this new casting call rumour by That Hashtag Show:
We have gotten word from our source that they are now on the hunt for an actress, 27-35,to play a supporting role in the  J. J. Abrams directed film. The studio is looking for “KARINA”, described as “a younger Charlize Theron with street smarts and a sharp wit.” The studio is open to any ethnicity, but is looking for someone with “a good sense of humor, solid comedic timing and a strong voice.”
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Thu 30 Aug 2018, 3:11 am

This cast is getting bloated.
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Thu 30 Aug 2018, 3:39 am

Suspect Shocked   bloated indeed!lol! At this rate everyone will have a minute of  screen time and it will be remembered not as the skywalker saga finale but the saga that had every top actor in it ! Am sure i remember reading somewhere ages ago ( think it was a fake leak ) that no one would be left behind in episode 9. I didn’t think they meant this lol!Think it’s starting to feel a bit overcrowded don’t you think ? lol!
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Thu 30 Aug 2018, 3:47 am

I'm not really worried- I mean they started filming already 1 month ago, so I assume everyone playing an important character is already casted and now they just looking for actors filling in smaller roles.

I have to admit I'm surprised they're still casting people at this point (or maybe they're already casted but they waited to announce it till now because...reasons)
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next