Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

+71
Teo oswald
Man Without A Star
Apriljandy
rey09
TheLastJedi
special_cases
MrsWindu
Kylo Rey
Starliteprism
Riri
SW_Heroine_Journey
californiagirl
Kessel
PalmettoBlue
tukicarreno
EchoBase
AceofWands
justyou
Lovely_Rose
fuhry
Chris24601
giaciak2
Dar-ren19
DeeBee
motherofpearl1
Saracene
Mila95
rawpowah
roguepixie
MaddieDove
krissy01
LadyGaufrette
ISeeAnIsland
SanghaRen
AhsokaTano
Reylo Lemon
SkyStar
olyer
Geralt_Riv
Maria26
4forYouRey-lolo
Forsythia
RosiePancake
Tex
ZioRen
nickandnora
Darth Dementor
Armadeus
bashfulblueeyes3
pacificwanderer
loversinthestorm
whisperingwillow
Atenais
KiraRen2015
Darth Rowan
Birdwoman
kroi
SheLitAFire
PrincessPorg
IoJovi
Darth_Awakened
Night Huntress
Cowgirlsamurai
cherrylipstick
Piper Maru
nana7marie
Moonlight13
vaderito
Lily Snape
Marlow
snufkin
75 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 38 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by DeeBee Thu 20 Dec 2018, 5:02 am

Spoiler Alert! [not really Razz ]
In one year's time today - I will be watching Episode IX!!! Pop corn
How about you?!

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! One year to go!!!
Claps Claps Claps Claps Claps Claps Claps Claps Claps
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 38 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Thu 20 Dec 2018, 6:21 am

DeeBee wrote:Spoiler Alert! [not really Razz ]
How about you?!

@DeeBee

I will actually be one year yesterday. Razz 12/19 because I WILL be at a Thursday night showing! Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Thu 20 Dec 2018, 7:27 am

SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:
DeeBee wrote:Spoiler Alert! [not really Razz ]
How about you?!

@DeeBee

I will actually be one year yesterday. Razz 12/19 because I WILL be at a Thursday night showing! Very Happy Smile
@SW_Heroine_Journey

Me tooo!! :-)
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Thu 20 Dec 2018, 9:28 am

The Mirror UK newspaper is now saying we won't get a IX trailer until next year as apparently Disney want to focus on the Avengers film.
Really hope that isn't true - I was looking forward to it.Sad
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris24601 Thu 20 Dec 2018, 11:38 am

@PalmettoBlue
Personally, I think the Legacy Saber being rebuilt is a given, it’s a through-line between all three trilogies that I expect to be carried foward into whatever stories come next in the same way Artoo, Threepio and now Chewie, the Falcon and the dice have been. It also symbolizes Ben Solo in so many ways that I think it’s repair will be symbolic of Ben’s redemption.

I don’t know about the cracked and repaired helmet, but as a visual metaphor for where Kylo finds himself... literally hiding behind an obviously cracked facade... it is quite evocative. I don’t expect it to last past his first encounter with Rey in the film, but for an opening sequence to highlight what he’s become over the time jump it’s such a wonderful visual shorthand that it’s either absolutely legit or the faker who came up with it needs to be hired by Lucasfilm for some future project because they absolutely GET film as visual storytelling.

I think Jedha would be an interesting place to revisit precisely because it ties the Anthologies into the resolution of this trilogy of trilogies. The Holy City may be a crater, but there are plenty of crypts and ruins elsewhere on the moon that might provide insight into whatever part of the past the story will tie to the present (a given if you’re looking at closing out a long series is to revisit the start... perhaps the origin and original wording of the Chosen One prophecy might be found on Jedha for example and would indicate that the Jedi had misinterpreted it).

Given the filming in Jordan we know a desert planet will be involved and since IX will be something of a retrospective on Ep I-VIII it makes sense for the desert world to be someplace we’ve already seen rather than another new desert world. Jedha has the benefit of being fresh within the Saga films while still having been previously established via Rogue One.

Despite Jakku being Rey’s homeworld all the lore from the novels on it is unlikely to come up in the films without an info-dump (i.e. telling not showing) so I find it far less likely. Also, the best way to confirm that Kylo was telling the truth about Rey’s parents is actually to just let his statement stand and never reference Jakku or Rey’s parents again in the films (her revisiting Jakku might make a good comic or novel because it would be so inward focused, but thematically in the films it’s only importance was that it means Rey was a nobody from nowhere with no ties to anyone else in the saga before she runs into BB-8 and runs off in the Falcon with Finn).

Similarly, while Tatooine was important because Anakin was born there and Luke was raised there... there’s really nothing there lore wise worth visiting that wouldn’t feel like an asspull to general audiences. Legends folks know all about lost Rakata-tech ruins and the like in Tatooine’s past, but in terms of the films the last true ties to Tatooine died for the Skywalkers with Owen and Beru and their burned out homestead. Shme’s grave is just some unmarked pile of stones next to the burned out husk of a homestead whose owners had no immediate family.

So for me, I think Jedha (or a new planet entirely) is probably the most credible location that Jordan was standing in for.

Finally, I think there’s been enough indications that Hux will have interactions with Poe and maybe Finn on the forest planet. Whether this is as a prisoner or defector (and whether or not him becoming a prisoner is the end of his arc or if he’s escapes or is even using his capture/defection to have the Resistance do his dirty work) is an open question, but the forest scene itself sounds credible to me.

Chris24601
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue Thu 20 Dec 2018, 2:21 pm

@Chris24601 Very interesting insight. I tend to agree. When I saw the leaked photos from Jordan, I really thought they looked more like Jedha to me than Jakku or Tatooine. That's said, I'm sure there are plenty of other planets in the GFFA that could have that scenery.
As an OT fan, Tattooine was and remains very important to me, but it's not a hill I'd die on. Also, knowing that kyber crystals were mined on Jedha means that they already have plausible reason(s) to return there, or to go there, as the case may be.
I'm not sure what to make of the idea that Hux gets captured - but I'm equally sure I'll be fascinated when/if it shows up on screen. I can see Hux trying to turn that situation to his advantage.
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Thu 20 Dec 2018, 5:04 pm

PalmettoBlue wrote:@Chris24601 Very interesting insight. I tend to agree. When I saw the leaked photos from Jordan, I really thought they looked more like Jedha to me than Jakku or Tatooine. That's said, I'm sure there are plenty of other planets in the GFFA that could have that scenery.
As an OT fan, Tattooine was and remains very important to me, but it's not a hill I'd die on. Also, knowing that kyber crystals were mined on Jedha means that they already have plausible reason(s) to return there, or to go there, as the case may be.
I'm not sure what to make of the idea that Hux gets captured - but I'm equally sure I'll be fascinated when/if it shows up on screen. I can see Hux trying to turn that situation to his advantage.
@PalmettoBlue

The Resistance being on Jedha and mining for crystals would also tie in with that guy's "leak" where Finn is holding a crystal and gives a Braveheart-esque speech.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Thu 20 Dec 2018, 6:31 pm

I think it'd be fitting to go back to Jakku. Rey still needs to face the reality of who her parents are. It's about the closure, coming full circle.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue Thu 20 Dec 2018, 8:15 pm

@rey09 I hear you. To my mind, admitting out loud that her parents were nobody did that for her. But I can completely see where going back to Jakku would very tangibly bring her story "full circle."
I'm also wincing at the thought of the shambles that scavengers have surely made of her AT-AT home. Sad
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris24601 Fri 21 Dec 2018, 10:44 am

rey09 wrote:I think it'd be fitting to go back to Jakku. Rey still needs to face the reality of who her parents are. It's about the closure, coming full circle.
@rey09
Only if you see the ST as being just Rey's story vs. the story of Ben Solo's Redemption (and with it the Skywalkers as a whole). For me that means the story must ultimate return to where it all began decades ago... Naboo.

I really don't see any closure to be had on Jakku... Rey doesn't even know where her parent's unmarked graves are. Even if she found them, then what? Was she even old enough to know their names when they abandoned her?

Frankly, Unkar Plutt was more a parental figure than her actual bio-dad ever was. If you want closure for Rey's past on Jakku I think having Unkar Plutt show up again would be the way to do it. Maybe he can be among the Pirates the Resistance is rumored to be allying with. Regardless, the only closure needed there is for him to witness the now powerful young woman Rey has become despite all his abuse of her and her not even acknowledging his existence.

Maz's words were there in TFA for a reason; for Rey the story is NOT about looking back, it is about moving forward. Closure for Rey would be leaving her scumbag parents, Unkar Plutt and Jakku in the dust and never looking back.

Chris24601
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Fri 21 Dec 2018, 6:46 pm

Chris24601 wrote:
rey09 wrote:I think it'd be fitting to go back to Jakku. Rey still needs to face the reality of who her parents are. It's about the closure, coming full circle.
@rey09
Only if you see the ST as being just Rey's story vs. the story of Ben Solo's Redemption (and with it the Skywalkers as a whole). For me that means the story must ultimate return to where it all began decades ago... Naboo.

I really don't see any closure to be had on Jakku... Rey doesn't even know where her parent's unmarked graves are. Even if she found them, then what? Was she even old enough to know their names when they abandoned her?

Frankly, Unkar Plutt was more a parental figure than her actual bio-dad ever was. If you want closure for Rey's past on Jakku I think having Unkar Plutt show up again would be the way to do it. Maybe he can be among the Pirates the Resistance is rumored to be allying with. Regardless, the only closure needed there is for him to witness the now powerful young woman Rey has become despite all his abuse of her and her not even acknowledging his existence.

Maz's words were there in TFA for a reason; for Rey the story is NOT about looking back, it is about moving forward. Closure for Rey would be leaving her scumbag parents, Unkar Plutt and Jakku in the dust and never looking back.
@Chris24601

I've dreamed of ST going back to Naboo and still hoping they do it!!! but have a lot of doubt.
We haven't seen Rey come to terms with anything. She just remembered everything when Kylo told her. It's natural for someone to take time, and sometimes revisit to get that ultimate closure. I'm sure by the end, she will leave it behind. And she's a powerful jedi, shouldn't be hard to find her parents. And I never thought of her literally finding her parents anyway. Perhaps she just sees a 10 second vision of them while she's on Jakku for whatever other random reason and that's that. I think it'd be weird if she's always thinking about her parents and we don't even catch a little glimpse of them from the fragments of memories.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Sat 22 Dec 2018, 3:25 am

So John boyega in Empire magazine has confirmed that episode 9 takes place one year after Last Jedi :
Star Wars Episode 9 to be set ONE YEAR after TLJ according to John Boyega in Empire Issue
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/a8hqgn/star_wars_episode_9_to_be_set_one_year_after_tlj/?st=JPZ95E8L&sh=64581dcb

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 38 F4d55110
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 38 Bb566a10
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Sat 22 Dec 2018, 4:08 am

I’m glad to hear the time jump is only a year. I think we’d miss too much of what happens in between if it were longer. Also, Rey and Kylo’s TLJ connection and falling out are still relatively fresh.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Sat 22 Dec 2018, 5:13 am

One year looks good for us. I think most people here predicted that it won't be longer than one year. flower
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Sat 22 Dec 2018, 5:23 am

A year without seeing each other Neutral
the force bond that " apparently closed" will re-open after a year, the force will have said "they have been separated enough, it is time to start Very Happy
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Sat 22 Dec 2018, 7:33 am

@AhsokaTano

That Redditor has lifted my scan that I posted in this forum yesterday. A small oversight perhaps but in future I’m posting Empire article scans (as subscribers have early delivery of the magazine) in members only sections.
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Sat 22 Dec 2018, 8:13 am

I don't see a direct quote from John regarding the one year timeline. As far as I know, he never said anything about that, so I'm not going to take this piece of information as fact.
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Sat 22 Dec 2018, 9:08 am

rawpowah wrote:I don't see a direct quote from John regarding the one year timeline. As far as I know, he never said anything about that, so I'm not going to take this piece of information as fact.
@rawpowah

Indeed!

Greyjedireylo posted on her tumblr - shared one from another who looked into this that a quote from John cannot be located...it's a form of the telephone game with journalists.

Link which expands upon it - http://greyjedireylo.tumblr.com/post/181311323843/its-not-sourced-guys-and-that-means-for-all

I love Greyjedireylo's tough love tags Very Happy Smile

SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Sat 22 Dec 2018, 9:36 am

I do not recall John confirming the time gap, but I wouldn't be surprised. It's actually the exact time jump I wanted. The whole 5 year thing never made sense. The fact Kylo held on to power to even this lomg is impressive. Smile
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Sat 22 Dec 2018, 11:35 am

@MrsWindu
Am really sorry - big apologies - I didn’t know you posted it on the forum otherwise I wouldn’t have . Bad that Reddit scanned it though . Sad

@rawpowah
Yeah after I posted this I thought about how John doesn’t outrightly say it’s a year - I mean it’s ideal because am not keen on a large time gap but it reminds me of when vanity fair said there was no romance and it caused uproar in the fandom because of the wording the journalist used .This obviously won’t be the same as it’s a time jump but I’d be happy if it was true .
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Sun 23 Dec 2018, 2:15 am

Bearing in mind that guy who went to the marketing meeting and mentioned the Kylo mask/KOR also said 1 year time jump!

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Sun 23 Dec 2018, 5:45 am

@AhsokaTano
It’s ok I should have learnt my lesson from my early days on this forum when posting scans from Empire, that these things can and aways will happen. Social media is a double edged sword for SW news.
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Sun 23 Dec 2018, 9:16 am

rawpowah wrote:I don't see a direct quote from John regarding the one year timeline. As far as I know, he never said anything about that, so I'm not going to take this piece of information as fact.
@rawpowah

Indeed!

Greyjedireylo posted on her tumblr - shared one from another who looked into this that a quote from John cannot be located...it's a form of the telephone game with journalists.

Link which expands upon it - http://greyjedireylo.tumblr.com/post/181311323843/its-not-sourced-guys-and-that-means-for-all

@SW_Heroine_Journey

Variety is now referencing the Empire article as well. Snowball. Arrow
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Sun 23 Dec 2018, 9:23 am

Starliteprism wrote:
@rawpowah

Indeed!

@SW_Heroine_Journey

Variety is now referencing the Empire article as well. Snowball. Arrow
@Starliteprism

lol - like the cartoons! becoming larger and larger....especially because Variety is viewed as a prominent trustworthy source...so they now attached a sense of validity. Unless....it is true...bts John confirmed it to the Variety author...but he or she is sourcing Empire to protect him. That is the only scenario where I see Variety's inclusion being interesting. But if they are just joining the gossip fray...disappointed in them.
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Sun 23 Dec 2018, 8:01 pm

@Riri

FYI, you are now being quoted(Twitter reference) on Digital spy regarding the Boyega rumour.

https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a25665152/star-wars-episode-ix-john-boyega-time-jump/

and now ladbible

http://www.ladbible.com/entertainment/film-and-tv-john-boyega-confirms-there-will-be-a-time-jump-in-star-wars-episode-ix-20181223

Eager to get to the bottom of this,Twitter user Riri shared a picture of the article and wrote: "This months Empire magazine... did i miss something? "John Boyega confirmed the film takes place roughly one year after the events of The Last Jedi" ????" She then added: "@empiremagazine please confirm?" The fan even asked a Spielberg expert and writer whether the claims were true. She wrote: "Hello @MrIanFreer could you confirm if this is a quote from previous interviews with John or a quote directly to Empire?" wrote:
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next