Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

+86
Armadeus
Krafty
Gemlake
vinventure12
nickandnora
GiGiMarie
shii405
nana7marie
Sad Man
FrolickingFizzgig
Kyla Ren
grimbergen
KiraRen2015
cherrylipstick
Socialnole
reylo1992
giaciak2
Moonjump05
Mielikki
Geralt_Riv
SkyStar
LadyGaufrette
krissy01
nemapasara
olyer
Blood Moon
Moonlight13
SheLitAFire
Casper
californiagirl
12 Parsnips
tukicarreno
Forsythia
spacebaby45678
special_cases
Riri
Maria26
Teo oswald
rey09
AhsokaTano
SW_Heroine_Journey
snufkin
Starliteprism
ImperialReylo713
Casey Kanata
vaderito
Reylo Lemon
Nyx
whisperingwillow
Dar-ren19
motherofpearl1
Darth Rowan
unicorn
lauvamp
Mila95
madeinmn
MindAndMagic
loversinthestorm
Man Without A Star
SoloSideCousin
ZioRen
Lovely_Rose
TracylovesOUAT
YeeRees
Mila Lazarus
Chris24601
Cowgirlsamurai
EchoBase
ISeeAnIsland
MaddieDove
Saracene
ladyMxx
PalmettoBlue
justyou
MrsWindu
Atenais
rawpowah
Lily Snape
fuhry
bashfulblueeyes3
Kessel
Birdwoman
SanghaRen
DeeBee
Kylo Rey
Night Huntress
90 posters

Page 3 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 41  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 3 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by AhsokaTano Thu 31 Jan 2019, 9:18 am

Just found this :
No Episode 9 title until mid/late February ?
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsCantina/comments/alq76e/no_episode_9_title_until_midlate_february/?st=JRKRHLXE&sh=3915d839

I Put it here because this is from a cast member of Episode IX so it doesn’t sound like the title is imminent. Also sounds like filming will go on till end of February. Who will be there till the end I wonder ?
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 3 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by justyou Thu 31 Jan 2019, 10:20 am

So if filming really runs that late, I wonder when Adam is headed back to NYC for his play?
justyou
justyou
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Thu 31 Jan 2019, 11:51 am

justyou wrote:So if filming really runs that late, I wonder when Adam is headed back to NYC for his play?  
@justyou

He probably will fly in and out. That's what he usually does.
This past weekend he flew to Sundance directly from London on Saturday, then on Sunday he flew to LA for the SAG awards then he flew back to London on Monday.

I assume he is  going  back to LA this  weekend again for the Oscars luncheon and then if he still hasn't wrapped his scenes yet he will probably do one or two more weeks of IX filming before staying permanently in New York for rehearsals in mid Feb.
I heard previews start Mid March and premieres on April 16th... Apparently is only a short limited run until  May or June.  

That's all I know.. Smile lol
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Thu 31 Jan 2019, 1:14 pm

@Mila Lazarus

people want us to believe this, you have to think outside the box Smile
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Thu 31 Jan 2019, 1:29 pm

Ok I will post this in books thread too but thought this would be important here too- so Delilah Dawson has announced another book too:
Delilah S. Dawson announces another SW book on her Instagram
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/alsz15/delilah_s_dawson_announces_another_sw_book_on_her/?st=JRL0CL3E&sh=228f290a

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 3 6b954410

Suddenly the skywalker saga sounds very final ....
It’s interesting though that Luke and Vader are on the cover and no Ben/Kylo or leia .
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovely_Rose Thu 31 Jan 2019, 2:05 pm

If it comes out in Sept then I doubt the plot contains spoilers or insight into Kylo. Looks like it might concern young Luke and his story with Vader.

Lovely_Rose
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Thu 31 Jan 2019, 2:27 pm

AhsokaTano wrote:Ok I will post this in books thread too but thought this would be important here too- so Delilah Dawson has announced another book too:
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/alsz15/delilah_s_dawson_announces_another_sw_book_on_her/?st=JRL0CL3E&sh=228f290a

It’s interesting though that Luke and Vader are on the cover and no Ben/Kylo or leia .
@AhsokaTano

wow what a good news, another piece to add to the collection. everything that talks about the skywalkers is welcome in my house and in my library Smile
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by YeeRees Thu 31 Jan 2019, 5:05 pm

tukicarreno wrote:
justyou wrote:So if filming really runs that late, I wonder when Adam is headed back to NYC for his play?  
@justyou

He probably will fly in and out. That's what he usually does.
This past weekend he flew to Sundance directly from London on Saturday, then on Sunday he flew to LA for the SAG awards then he flew back to London on Monday.

I assume he is  going  back to LA this  weekend again for the Oscars luncheon and then if he still hasn't wrapped his scenes yet he will probably do one or two more weeks of IX filming before staying permanently in New York for rehearsals in mid Feb.
I heard previews start Mid March and premieres on April 16th... Apparently is only a short limited run until  May or June.  

That's all I know.. Smile lol
@tukicarreno

Burn This doesn’t close until July. Play rehearsals usually start around 6 weeks before they do it in front of an audience so I would expect Adam to be in NY after the Oscars lunch. He will presumably fly back to London for the BAFTAs the following weekend though so he might not have wrapped on IX yet.
YeeRees
YeeRees
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Thu 31 Jan 2019, 5:08 pm

Lovely_Rose wrote:If it comes out in Sept then I doubt the plot contains spoilers or insight into Kylo. Looks like it might concern young Luke and his story with Vader.
@Lovely_Rose

AhsokaTano wrote:Ok I will post this in books thread too but thought this would be important here too- so Delilah Dawson has announced another book too:

@AhsokaTano

Think on Tumblr, it mentions it goes all the way to VIII, perspective of the Skywalkers.

*looks on Tumblr, but sourced from Twitter*

“THE SKYWALKER SAGA is going to be the most exquisitely bound Star Wars storybook you can imagine, with gorgeous art by Brian Rood and words by me, retelling Episodes I through VIII through the eyes of the Skywalkers themselves. We’re talking SPACE FAIRYTALE style.”
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Man Without A Star Sun 03 Feb 2019, 4:50 am

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/amhtaa/ice_tunnels_in_ix_and_possible_military_emphasis/?utm_term=31419006895&utm_medium=comment_embed&utm_source=embed&utm_name=null&utm_content=footer

Some EP 9 info from the MSW podcast.

Episode IX

- The four-minute trailer was shown to the crew, it had incomplete VFX. It was cut down to a two-minute-ish trailer.
- Jason doesn't know when the trailer will drop.
- According to Jason, it sounds like they could promote IX more like how they promoted Rogue One - more emphasis on military.
- There's some ice cave on the set.
Man Without A Star
Man Without A Star
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Sun 03 Feb 2019, 7:50 am

Yeah makes sense (re:military). The Resistance vs First Order plot is the easiest and most expected way to promote the movie. We all know who is going to win and there's the added bonus of pew-pew to entertain the crowd and get them hyped.

As usual, we'll probably have to rely on the promotion in Japan to get some Reylo tidbits.
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue Sun 03 Feb 2019, 7:53 am

@Man Without A Star Thanks for the heads up. I'll give the MSW podcast a listen - and filter it through the cast's biases. LOL.
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyMxx Sun 03 Feb 2019, 12:23 pm

I won't read too much into it, but I wonder if part of the reason they are focusing on the military aspect, besides John saying it's a war to end all wars, is because the Force scenes are too spoilery for a teaser?
ladyMxx
ladyMxx
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Sun 03 Feb 2019, 4:36 pm

@vaderito

okay I’ll take it all with a grain of salt because there’s a fair few museums in England that house armour and weaponary from the Middle Ages too. But I guess Disney budgets extend to flying designers around the world to collect inspiration. I’m not an expert but High Middle Ages was around the time of the Crusades. Either way whomever they turn out to be, I’m already looking forward to the Art of IX. I’ve always loved the process of characters costume development
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Sun 03 Feb 2019, 5:07 pm

rawpowah wrote:Yeah makes sense (re:military). The Resistance vs First Order plot is the easiest and most expected way to promote the movie. We all know who is going to win and there's the added bonus of pew-pew to entertain the crowd and get them hyped.

As usual, we'll probably have to rely on the promotion in Japan to get some Reylo tidbits.
@rawpowah

I agree. Even though I personally find it rather  Sleep , I always thought a lot  of the marketing outside Asia would focus heavily on the Resistance vs. the First Order as it’s the safest and least spoiler-ish way to hype the movie.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovely_Rose Sun 03 Feb 2019, 6:22 pm

The military aspect is OK, but I feel like they should also be heavily promoting the major themes of this trilogy with the final film, which is the balance in the force and Reylo. Even if it's spoilery, they need to be a bit more revealing with the audience this time around. I was also secretly hoping that Rey and Kylo would get the Anidala promo treatment, with magazine covers and photoshoots and such. It would be disappointing to not see that.

Lovely_Rose
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Sun 03 Feb 2019, 9:52 pm

Lovely_Rose wrote:The military aspect is OK, but I feel like they should also be heavily promoting the major themes of this trilogy with the final film, which is the balance in the force and Reylo. Even if it's spoilery, they need to be a bit more revealing with the audience this time around. I was also secretly hoping that Rey and Kylo would get the Anidala promo treatment, with magazine covers and photoshoots and such. It would be disappointing to not see that.
@Lovely_Rose

I am hoping that we get one Adam/Daisy photoshoot at some point. It's the last chance to do it! Also praying we get some joint interviews for once.
If the promo for this movie is going to be the good guys vs the bad guys all over again like TFA I am going to be disappointed. Neutral

Last edited by tukicarreno on Sun 03 Feb 2019, 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Sun 03 Feb 2019, 10:09 pm

Kessel wrote:I agree. Even though I personally find it rather  Sleep , I always thought a lot  of the marketing outside Asia would focus heavily on the Resistance vs. the First Order as it’s the safest and least spoiler-ish way to hype the movie.
@Kessel

I can't say I've ever seen anyone go, "wow I can't wait for the Resistance to take on the First Order, I'm so hyped".
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Sun 03 Feb 2019, 10:13 pm

I've thought since pre-TLJ that Disney is obsessed with hiding the good stuff/spoilers to the point of detrimental to the ST's marketing. At some point you have to throw people a bone. It's just not that important to hide every single tiny morsel of the plot that's your biggest draw. It's just a movie, folks, one that you're supposed to be trying to SELL Laughing
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Sun 03 Feb 2019, 11:43 pm

@ZioRen It really does stand in contrast to the way most other films are marketed. It's good not to show all the best parts in the trailer, as so many do, but it also allows people to create their own unrealistic (even delusional at times) expectations, then be unreasonably mad when they don't happen.

The ST is so far down the pipeline, and SW fandom was so hypersensitive even before that, revealing anything could create an avalanche of ill will. But also not giving people something to grab a handle on will also create discontent. I swear there's no winning. I don't envy LF and Disney's marketing and PR.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Mon 04 Feb 2019, 1:37 am

ZioRen wrote:I've thought since pre-TLJ that Disney is obsessed with hiding the good stuff/spoilers to the point of detrimental to the ST's marketing. At some point you have to throw people a bone. It's just not that important to hide every single tiny morsel of the plot that's your biggest draw. It's just a movie, folks, one that you're supposed to be trying to SELL Laughing
@ZioRen

although- I had to admit I really loved the first official trailer for TLJ...it can still give me goosebumps when I watch it even over a year after the movie is out. I think that was very well put together...teasing without revealing too much. I was so funny how everyone speculated it was ALL misdirection, when imo it was honest about the main themes of the story.

Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Mon 04 Feb 2019, 1:40 am

californiagirl wrote:@ZioRen It really does stand in contrast to the way most other films are marketed. It's good not to show all the best parts in the trailer, as so many do, but it also allows people to create their own unrealistic (even delusional at times) expectations, then be unreasonably mad when they don't happen.

The ST is so far down the pipeline, and SW fandom was so hypersensitive even before that, revealing anything could create an avalanche of ill will. But also not giving people something to grab a handle on will also create discontent. I swear there's no winning. I don't envy LF and Disney's marketing and PR.
@californiagirl

Yeah it's a tough balancing act, but I feel like there's fault in tailoring marketing to superfans, so to speak. As in getting caught up in the hype and eagle eyes, and the tendency to complain, of superfans and thus hiding "spoilers" to huge levels and keeping quiet as long as possible. But most of the ST's audience will never be looking that hard into every single potential spoiler and detail. It seems like TPTB are shrouding and downplaying in their marketing tactics too much just to pull the veil over the eyes of a relatively tiny percentage of the people who will watch the films.

And it feels like they've lost some potential hype in the process. I remember that most people I knew didn't even realize TLJ was coming out until really, really close to its actual release date. It almost caught them by surprise, like it suddenly blinked into existence for them less than a month before the movie's release. With how big a cultural phenomenon and household name Star Wars is, that really shouldn't be the case. It especially shouldn't be the case for the big trilogy closer!
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MaddieDove Mon 04 Feb 2019, 7:09 am

They definitely lost the hype for Solo. The marketing was non-existent, at least in my part of the world. The movie was so quietly put in cinemas, that the theater was only 5% full when I went with my family on a Thursday night premiere. It never happened with a SW movie before, ever, and I have been watching SW in cinemas since the early 1980s. They screwed that one big time. It should have been released in fall 2018, not in spring.
MaddieDove
MaddieDove
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Mon 04 Feb 2019, 7:56 am

I am also very surprised there is not even a title yet! I thought that at the very least they would reveal a title during the Super Bowl but nothing... Sigh... Neutral
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 41  Next