Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker

+52
Kylo Rey
PalmettoBlue
Maria26
grimbergen
guardienne
snufkin
unicorn
Birdwoman
EchoBase
Chris24601
Kessel
motherofpearl1
Saracene
YeeRees
KnightsofReylo_2015
Cowgirlsamurai
12 Parsnips
DarthRen
bruna8728
Gemini
SW_Heroine_Journey
DeeBee
Xylo Ren
spacebaby45678
AhsokaTano
Walflarck
nemapasara
SanghaRen
Starliteprism
MaddieDove
Geralt_Riv
Tex
Lily Snape
fuhry
nickandnora
Armadeus
Forsythia
justyou
californiagirl
madeinmn
ZioRen
MrsWindu
Moonlight13
FrolickingFizzgig
giaciak2
special_cases
SkyStar
BenRey
Night Huntress
Teo oswald
SheLitAFire
LadyGaufrette
56 posters

Page 13 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 13 Empty Re: Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker

Post by SanghaRen Mon 09 Sep 2019, 2:36 pm

unicorn wrote:
fuhry wrote:Something occurred to me this weekend that I never thought of but which seems really obvious.  I was writing lyrics for this musical I'm working on and one of the lines was "First order of business split them in two", and I looked at the line...

I have spent some time wondering why the First Order was called the First Order.  At times, I thought it perhaps was meant to be a reference to the early Republic.  But then I imagined Palpatine saying "First Order of Business,  destabilize and weaken the New Republic".

How did I never see that?
@fuhry

I alwas thought it comes from the last aftermath book, when Rae Sloane says at the end "This will be our first order (to go to the unknown regions to rebuild the empire or so, I don´t remember exactly) . hmmm Question
@unicorn

I had forgotten about that. Yes, Hux senior and junior and Rae Sloane were to start a new empire in the UR. I wonder if we’ll get a connection between the aftermath book and the ST in TRoS or if we’ll have to wait for another book. The most obvious connection would be that Palps was in the UR with Snoke and he sent Snoke to regain the galaxy because he’s not fully recovered. Maybe too obvious. Also I can’t see Snoke serving anyone so if he was Palps’ puppet, he was not aware of it.

I want to know what happened to Rae Sloane. I would not be surprised if Armitage broke his promise and had her killed.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 13 Empty Re: Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker

Post by unicorn Mon 09 Sep 2019, 3:33 pm

SanghaRen wrote:

I had forgotten about that. Yes, Hux senior and junior and Rae Sloane were to start a new empire in the UR. I wonder if we’ll get a connection  Maybe too obvious. Also I can’t see Snoke serving anyone so if he was Palps’ puppet, he was not aware of it.

I want to know what happened to Rae Sloane. I would not be surprised if Armitage broke his promise and had her killed.

@SanghaRen

Maybe Palpatine was the man behind the curtain for everything, from the beginning.
I  don´t think Snoke was ever willingly his servant, but his puppet, this could be.

Yeah, I fear Rae Sloane is long dead. Hux probably found a way to get rid of her.   Crying or Very sad[/quote]
[/quote]
unicorn
unicorn
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Mon 09 Sep 2019, 4:19 pm

unicorn wrote:
SanghaRen wrote:

I had forgotten about that. Yes, Hux senior and junior and Rae Sloane were to start a new empire in the UR. I wonder if we’ll get a connection  Maybe too obvious. Also I can’t see Snoke serving anyone so if he was Palps’ puppet, he was not aware of it.

@SanghaRen

Maybe Palpatine was the man behind the curtain for everything, from the beginning.
I  don´t think Snoke was ever willingly his servant, but his puppet, this could be.

Yeah, I fear Rae Sloane is long dead. Hux probably found a way to get rid of her.   Crying or Very sad
[/quote][/quote]
@unicorn

I'm holding out hope. I will not be surprised if she is revealed to be Finn and Jannah's mother, and she is still alive (and also in Jannah's life). The who, what, when, where, how of the separation between Finn and Jannah (and how Rae acted and processed it) - I have no idea how to answer, yet I am feeling this plot tingle, so I decided to type it. Smile Very Happy Who knows, it could be the reason why Finn positively latched on and bonded with Rey (people talk about a baby bird with a mother bird) because of the similar name pronunciation. We shall see, huh? Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry Mon 09 Sep 2019, 4:54 pm

I'm thinking at this point that perhaps Palpatine did figure out how to do that force ghost/disappear thing, and that when Vader tossed him down the shaft, that's what he did, before he got to the bottom. This is thought of as a light-side skill, but maybe it's not. Maybe it's the communicating with the living part of it that is the light-side power, because it requires the connection of love.

Now, it's easy enough for a force powerful person to learn how to do what Qui-gon, Obi-wan, Yoda, Luke, and Anakin/Vader have done. But transforming back into the living world, now that's a trick no one has done.

What if what Palpatine, Qui-gon, Obi-wan, Yoda, Anakin/Vader and Luke have done is transport themselves to the World Between Worlds? Perhaps getting out of the World Between Worlds requires some sort of device. This is canon in Rebels.

Perhaps Palpatine's contingency plan was to have the remaining Empire forces flee to the unknown regions where he had hidden a great fleet, and a loyalist, Snoke (I think he may be the survived Grand Inquisitor), to wreak havoc with the fledgling new Jedi order, and to lay the foundation for Palpatine's return, while the Knights of Ren searched for the technology to allow escape from the world between worlds.

Is it possible that Kylo knows about this plan? If he did, wouldn't his defiance and killing of Snoke indicate that he no longer wanted to be a part of it? If that were true, why would he retain such hatred for Luke? No, I think Kylo is an unwitting pawn. And I think it is the discovery of this that turns him away from the FO, and back toward the light.

I'm not sure I really like this direction, but if they're going there, then it means that Obi-wan, Anakin, Luke, Yoda, and Qui-gon are not really dead. And they could all, theoretically, come back in a climactic scene.

Honestly, I think that's exactly what George Lucas would advise J.J. to do. He wanted to do something like that with Obi-wan in ROTJ, and crazy stuff like this happens throughout the Clone Wars and especially in Rebels.

Maybe Matt Smith is playing Qui-gon. Maybe his participation is unclear because they have been trying to get Liam Neeson to reprise the role, or to do it with CGI, and they're not sure it's going to look good enough.

fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 13 Empty Predictions for TRoS

Post by Moonlight13 Mon 16 Sep 2019, 4:05 pm

I've never heard this theory before Shocked  Shocked  Shocked. I find it weird but interesting Laughing, and I think it could be the only way to have even the antis rooting for Reylo lol! .
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Mon 16 Sep 2019, 6:04 pm

Moonlight13 wrote:I've never heard this theory before Shocked  Shocked  Shocked. I find it weird but interesting Laughing, and I think it could be the only way to have even the antis rooting for Reylo lol! .
@Moonlight13

This blew my mind. Wow.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Mon 16 Sep 2019, 6:39 pm

fuhry wrote:I'm thinking at this point that perhaps Palpatine did figure out how to do that force ghost/disappear thing, and that when Vader tossed him down the shaft, that's what he did, before he got to the bottom. This is thought of as a light-side skill, but maybe it's not. Maybe it's the communicating with the living part of it that is the light-side power, because it requires the connection of love.

Now, it's easy enough for a force powerful person to learn how to do what Qui-gon, Obi-wan, Yoda, Luke, and Anakin/Vader have done. But transforming back into the living world, now that's a trick no one has done.

What if what Palpatine, Qui-gon, Obi-wan, Yoda, Anakin/Vader and Luke have done is transport themselves to the World Between Worlds? Perhaps getting out of the World Between Worlds requires some sort of device. This is canon in Rebels.

Perhaps Palpatine's contingency plan was to have the remaining Empire forces flee to the unknown regions where he had hidden a great fleet, and a loyalist, Snoke (I think he may be the survived Grand Inquisitor), to wreak havoc with the fledgling new Jedi order, and to lay the foundation for Palpatine's return, while the Knights of Ren searched for the technology to allow escape from the world between worlds.

Is it possible that Kylo knows about this plan? If he did, wouldn't his defiance and killing of Snoke indicate that he no longer wanted to be a part of it? If that were true, why would he retain such hatred for Luke? No, I think Kylo is an unwitting pawn. And I think it is the discovery of this that turns him away from the FO, and back toward the light.

I'm not sure I really like this direction, but if they're going there, then it means that Obi-wan, Anakin, Luke, Yoda, and Qui-gon are not really dead. And they could all, theoretically, come back in a climactic scene.

Honestly, I think that's exactly what George Lucas would advise J.J. to do. He wanted to do something like that with Obi-wan in ROTJ, and crazy stuff like this happens throughout the Clone Wars and especially in Rebels.

Maybe Matt Smith is playing Qui-gon. Maybe his participation is unclear because they have been trying to get Liam Neeson to reprise the role, or to do it with CGI, and they're not sure it's going to look good enough.

@fuhry

Thanks to you I was reading up on Mother Talzin. It seems she taught Palpy her dark side after life secret magic something something.... , I have to go back and find where I saw it recently.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Mon 16 Sep 2019, 6:42 pm

Kylo Rey wrote:
Moonlight13 wrote:I've never heard this theory before Shocked  Shocked  Shocked. I find it weird but interesting Laughing, and I think it could be the only way to have even the antis rooting for Reylo lol! .
@Moonlight13

This blew my mind. Wow.
@Kylo Rey
Same here. If this happened, the antis will come out of the theatres with "I Love Reylo" T-shirts, because absolutely no one would want the other alternative. It would be hilarious.ROFL
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips Mon 16 Sep 2019, 7:04 pm

@Moonlight13

I just finished listening to that... A really interesting way to look at things. I will have to revisit (and probably reinterpret) the leaks with this theory in mind!
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 16 Sep 2019, 8:19 pm

I saw the summary of it and even if I've never been a big fan of either The Princess Bride or Stardust (sorry), one of my first thoughts after they made it public knowledge that the Emperor was coming back could easily be a scenario where it turned out Rey's parents had tried to hide her because some bad guys were after them to use her. So you get the Emperor as a Prince Huperdinck or Lamia type character

That said, I can't really think of how it'd be feasible to play out this type of scenario and do full justice to it when while also balancing the overarching themes from three trilogies within the confines of probably a 2 hour and 30 minute film. Or how characters like Ben and Leia (cobbled together from Carrie's scrapped TFA footage) are also carrying the weight of a family Saga on their shoulders. What I'm more curious about are the # of dialogue/theme motifs the writers have mined in the ST and Solo which point to the Emperor's full endgame, including playing warring sides in both trilogies against each other, the Contingency plan, and the beats about targeting Ben since childhood.

What I am reasonably confident that there's more to the story about Rey's abandonment and her parents' deaths which will be uncovered in the story. Something that reveals that they made the decision under duress because something sinister ties her family in with whatever the biggest bad that's been lurking in the shadows and now emerging. Which whatever role/form the Emperor takes, he'll be there to try and manipulate/tempt the Hell out of her insecurities over being abandoned/an orphan to achieve whatever endgame he's been playing at. That in turn will heighten the connect she has with Ben and finally force him (unlike what happened with Snoke being a secret) to choose his side.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips Mon 16 Sep 2019, 8:37 pm

snufkin wrote:I saw the summary of it and even if I've never been a big fan of either The Princess Bride or Stardust (sorry), one of my first thoughts after they made it public knowledge that the Emperor was coming back could easily be a scenario where it turned out Rey's parents had tried to hide her because some bad guys were after them to use her. So you get the Emperor as a Prince Huperdinck or Lamia type character

That said, I can't really think of how it'd be feasible to play out this type of scenario and do full justice to it when while also balancing the overarching themes from three trilogies within the confines of probably a 2 hour and 30 minute film. Or how characters like Ben and Leia (cobbled together from Carrie's scrapped TFA footage) are also carrying the weight of a family Saga on their shoulders. What I'm more curious about are the # of dialogue/theme motifs the writers have mined in the ST and Solo which point to the Emperor's full endgame, including playing warring sides in both trilogies against each other, the Contingency plan, and the beats about targeting Ben since childhood.

What I am reasonably confident that there's more to the story about Rey's abandonment and her parents' deaths which will be uncovered in the story. Something that reveals that they made the decision under duress because something sinister ties her family in with whatever the biggest bad that's been lurking in the shadows and now emerging. Which whatever role/form the Emperor takes, he'll be there to try and manipulate/tempt the Hell out of her insecurities over being abandoned/an orphan to achieve whatever endgame he's been playing at. That in turn will heighten the connect she has with Ben and finally force him (unlike what happened with Snoke being a secret) to choose his side.
@snufkin

The Dark vs. Divine Union idea doesn't have much (if anything) to do with Rey's parentage though, so I don't think it would take extra time in that area. There's definitely plenty of potential manipulating and tempting though. affraid And heightening the connect with Ben. I love you
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 16 Sep 2019, 8:57 pm

@12 Parsnips Not Rey's parentage per se as much as "there's something more to her" which we've seen Ben be intrigued/smitten by, Luke get freaked out, and Snoke want her outright dead. The 'raw untamed power' quality she and both Ben share. It's just a little too random that JJ mentions we'll get "more to" her backstory about being abandoned/lost and then along comes the most powerful, manipulative, and self-serving Force user in the entire galaxy. Who will yes, do whatever he can to control or disable that power via manipulation and temptation. I don't doubt that part and would suspect the most likely explanation is that her parents were trying to protect her from the Bad Guys, bad/tragic things happened, and now she's an adult facing against the same players. But I have a hard time swallowing that they can play out the full extent of this type of fairy tale trope of Dark Suitor within the confines of a 2 hours plus change movie when they've also threads and themes got 8 prior chapters plus Solo and characters like Leia, Rose, Finn or whatever's going on with the First Order. We don't even know what Richard E. Grant's character is doing.

The other thing is that TBH so many people went down elaborate rabbit holes like this prior to TLJ with theories and while it was fun/educational, the actual story went for Occam's Razor in terms of explaining things. Rey's parents abandoned her and she's been lying to herself/others about it, Luke had a moment of weakness the way he almost killed his father and contemplating killing Ben, which led to the entire house of cards coming down, Ben didn't follow Rey to the island with the KoR but they connected/became close using the Force Bond, et cetera. The Emperor will absolutely try to tempt/manipulate/destroy Rey because she's a threat to his scheme. The same way Ben is. But personally I find too much speculation gets into the weeds and people start imagining a scenario which solves a puzzle in their minds but that's far too elaborate to actually work on screen.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape Mon 16 Sep 2019, 11:05 pm

snufkin wrote:@12 Parsnips Not Rey's parentage per se as much as "there's something more to her" which we've seen Ben be intrigued/smitten by, Luke get freaked out, and Snoke want her outright dead. The 'raw untamed power' quality she and both Ben share. It's just a little too random that JJ mentions we'll get "more to" her backstory about being abandoned/lost and then along comes the most powerful, manipulative, and self-serving Force user in the entire galaxy. Who will yes, do whatever he can to control or disable that power via manipulation and temptation. I don't doubt that part and would suspect the most likely explanation is that her parents were trying to protect her from the Bad Guys, bad/tragic things happened, and now she's an adult facing against the same players. But I have a hard time swallowing that they can play out the full extent of this type of fairy tale trope of Dark Suitor within the confines of a 2 hours plus change movie when they've also threads and themes got 8 prior chapters plus Solo and characters like Leia, Rose, Finn or whatever's going on with the First Order. We don't even know what Richard E. Grant's character is doing.

The other thing is that TBH so many people went down elaborate rabbit holes like this prior to TLJ with theories and while it was fun/educational, the actual story went for Occam's Razor in terms of explaining things. Rey's parents abandoned her and she's been lying to herself/others about it, Luke had a moment of weakness the way he almost killed his father and contemplating killing Ben, which led to the entire house of cards coming down, Ben didn't follow Rey to the island with the KoR but they connected/became close using the Force Bond, et cetera. The Emperor will absolutely try to tempt/manipulate/destroy Rey because she's a threat to his scheme. The same way Ben is. But personally I find too much speculation gets into the weeds and people start imagining a scenario which solves a puzzle in their minds but that's far too elaborate to actually work on screen.
@snufkin

YES.  THIS EXACTLY.  The books and comics and even the cartoon TV shows get complex and go off into other realms and spiritualities and so forth— I’m not sure about time travel, but maybe that too, I’m sure someone knows— but in the cinematic universe of the GFFA, things stay pretty simple.  There were no flashbacks until TFA— the weirdest stuff we got was Luke in the cave.  No big backstory for Vader being Luke’s father— it was all very simple, and the big question was whether Vader was lying.  Not who the mother was, how Vader didn’t know about this child when he had presumably knocked someone up, how old little Luke had been when he disappeared from Anakin Skywalker’s life, whether Anakin had known he had a child but thought he had died, whether Luke’s mother had died or had given him to Owen and Beru to protect him... just “No, I am your father.”

And as you said, there are too many characters for them to get into gory detail about the Palpatine lineage and how it leads to Rey or whatever.  It’s going to be simple— either her parents really were deadbeats who sold her for drinking money, or they were trying to protect her from something or someone, but I doubt there will be manipulated midichlorians, resurrections, virgin births a la Shmi Skywalker... I think it’s going to stay pretty linear.  The prequels got a lot of bad press for being too complex, and I doubt they’ll go that way here.

Last edited by Lily Snape on Tue 17 Sep 2019, 1:04 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo. It’s Beru.)
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 17 Sep 2019, 4:02 pm

Lily Snape wrote:
YES.  THIS EXACTLY.  The books and comics and even the cartoon TV shows get complex and go off into other realms and spiritualities and so forth— I’m not sure about time travel, but maybe that too, I’m sure someone knows— but in the cinematic universe of the GFFA, things stay pretty simple.  There were no flashbacks until TFA— the weirdest stuff we got was Luke in the cave.  No big backstory for Vader being Luke’s father— it was all very simple, and the big question was whether Vader was lying.  Not who the mother was, how Vader didn’t know about this child when he had presumably knocked someone up, how old little Luke had been when he disappeared from Anakin Skywalker’s life, whether Anakin had known he had a child but thought he had died, whether Luke’s mother had died or had given him to Owen and Beru to protect him... just “No, I am your father.”

And as you said, there are too many characters for them to get into gory detail about the Palpatine lineage and how it leads to Rey or whatever.  It’s going to be simple— either her parents really were deadbeats who sold her for drinking money, or they were trying to protect her from something or someone, but I doubt there will be manipulated midichlorians, resurrections, virgin births a la Shmi Skywalker... I think it’s going to stay pretty linear.  The prequels got a lot of bad press for being too complex, and I doubt they’ll go that way here.

@Lily Snape

I try to not be a killjoy because I know people here and elsewhere love the speculation aspect. Especially when it gets into tropes you see in mythology, fairy tales, or Star Wars EU. But these movies are more like silent films with how much of the narrative is carried by the score, the cinematography/editing, and the actor's faces. If I do speculate, it's based on following the writers, the previous film's characters/plots/themes, and the larger cinematic influences on the Saga. I don't doubt that the ST is setting up a scenario where the Emperor wants/needs something out of Rey to finally accomplish his dastardly plans and that it's also set up Ben's "too much of his father's heart in him" arc as a complicated/morally dark character to end up at her side to offer support/protection. But beyond that, I'm pretty skeptical that we can predict that Matt Smith is a surprise cameo as a crucial character based on a handful of conflicting trade press/newspaper articles when we don't even know still what Richard E. Grant is doing.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Wed 18 Sep 2019, 7:47 am

Ok this is going to be a prediction influenced by the new marvel/Disney Loki novel released few weeks ago ( where I am so far ) and what I believe to be huge foreshadowing for TROS just like Aladdin , toy story and lion king are.

Firstly I have to say the Loki novel so far is like a reylo fiction . Seriously his relationship with Amora the sorceress ( who teaches Loki magic tricks )the passion and his feelings regarding her are just wow! (or as Loki calls her the enchantress ). She has him like a quivering , trembling mess .She calls him trickster and he calls her enchantress. He’s completely bewitched by her but why am I mentioning this ? Because they are parted by Odin ( the father figure ) and she is banished to earth but lo and behold I’ve just got to the part in the novel where Loki on a mission on earth has just found her and it’s just wow with the emotions .

Loki can’t believe that “across the realms “he has found her . It Made me think of across the stars ( Padme and Anakin ), across the universe that Dominic Monaghan hinted at in a tweet ( reylo ?). Anyway am posting some excerpts below of the novel and would recommend it if you like Loki but also because I honestly think Disney are foreshadowing themes and ideas for TROS through their other works . Loki is very human in this and it’s very funny in parts too - it’s his story after all. Love the relationship with his mother in this and how Frigga teaches him magic ( what I always wanted between Ben and leia Sad sob ! )and the discussions about magic could be discussions about the force to be honest . Moreover there are collectors in this like there are in Star Wars but here they are archaeologists.

Finally the biggest possible foreshadowing theme I’ve also found in the novel is Loki and the sleepers . People who seem dead but aren’t - like they are waiting to rise . You cannot tell me this is coincidence on Disney’s part . Moreover and I nearly cried reading this Loki not only later resurrects himself ( as we know from the marvel films ) but he can “ awaken “ the sleepers . Like Jesus awakening Lazarus. He can resurrect others before the huge miracle /magic of resurrecting himself .

This has got to be huge foreshadowing just like we had with Aladdin and the lion king . I cannot wait to get a novel about kylo /Ben and hear his point of view regarding Rey( hope it’s like Loki’s). Remember kylo says in TFA “ it is you “ in the snow fight in the novel like he’s known her all his life . Like she is part of him .I love you

Loki and Amora /Enchantress:

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 13 30842810
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 13 1e5ab810
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 13 78fbed10
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 13 C055b910
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 13 76488410

Loki and the sleepers ( the magical case he is sent to investigate by Odin in 19th century London ) :
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 13 Be3fc810
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 13 827dca10
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 13 09ea8710
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 13 D3a26f10
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 13 Ed866810
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 13 006d1910
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 13 D639d310
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 13 Fb658810

Loki and his mother and magic :

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 13 1b0f2e10
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 13 14b7b210
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 13 E6172710Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 13 B7136d10
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 13 2bc3be10
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 13 Aa9b4e10

How Frigga and Odin balance each other:
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 13 3fee0a10

And finally the warriors that Loki finds in the British museum with their swords - swords exchanged in marriage instead of rings or necklaces because that’s the way of the warrior . Have mentioned this before :

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 13 4c98b210
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 13 B5c79810

Very interesting stuff everyone and Frigga like Luke can project herself somewhere else ( Loki learns this too eventually). Noticed too the sleepers and police have dogs just like in the story of the seven sleepers of Ephesus who were awakened after hundreds of years .
I don’t think this stuff is coincidence. Disney are giving us lots of food for thought throughout all their works . Smile

Last edited by AhsokaTano on Thu 19 Sep 2019, 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Thu 19 Sep 2019, 4:01 am

Hey all , Ok I found something major in the Disney Loki book by Mackenzi Lee but before I post it just wanted to say the scene between Loki and Amora at her stage show and she’s dressed as a medium reminded me of a similar scene you have in Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte . Yes Jane Eyre . Where Rochester dresses up as a medium to find out Jane’s feelings .

Then it got me thinking about the festival and the necklace leaks . What if the alien is someone on the pay of the first order or it’s even Kylo himself - a prince in disguise ? The necklace has a tracking device and that’s why kylo snatches it back but maybe he does it seductively ? We had a similar scenario with the son and Ahsoka in the clone wars . He disguises himself as an alien and then bites her hand and says you are mine . Foreshadowing maybe ????

Anyway see the scene below with Loki and Amora as fortune teller - across the realms they find each other .

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 13 57682b10
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 13 29c80810
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 13 Ef5c4410

I could see a scene similar to that playing out where it’s in duplicity like in Jane Eyre but it reveals their feelings .

Anyway the big possible spoiler in this book that may be relevant to TROS ( I personally think so ) is that Amora is like a magic “ vampire “. She is the one who is keeping the sleepers dead . In essence to feed her magic she lives off the energy of others . And Loki doesn’t know what to do . He wants to help her because he loves her and find another way .
I could totally see this tapping into TROS - if Rey and Kylo are like a dyad for the force are their powers being amplified off the life force of everyone else ? In essence like vampires ? Or is this the dark side only ? Maybe it’s both sides ? Maybe this is what it does ? For some to have the level of force powers that Kylo and Rey have , it takes from the life force of others . This is probably what Luke meant when he said the force did not belong to the Jedi . It should in essence belong to everyone. If so is this where Finn comes in ? We are told we are going to be given earth shattering twists in this film . Maybe both kylo and Rey have to die or be exiled or lose their powers in some way if it is feeding into life force of everyone. Or maybe it’s just to reinforce they will be symbiotic to each other - feeding off in each other in some way to survive . The count Dooku book seemed to suggest this too ie Kai could come back and not just be in ventress’s head if she wanted him too.
Why am I bringing this up if it’s in a new Loki novel published by Disney /marvel because two things - foreshadowing on Disney’s part for TROS and this is not new - in the comics we have seen this theme come up again and again - the vampiric nature of the force if you wield and manipulate it because it has to take that energy from elsewhere . Moreover like the sleepers in the Loki novel we have sleepers in Star Wars ie those drawn to Baatu gathering there and also the grysks and what they were doing there before with the kids in hibernation chambers ( sleepers again )and I guess you could even tap into that with the awakening theme . Maybe the three awakened - Rey , Ben and Finn will take down the sorceror together ?
Anyway here are the excerpts about what Amora is doing . Am expecting all manner of duplicity , trickery and illusion in TROS on a bigger scale than phantom
Menace - as the indigo chakra illusion will pervade this film until the real reality is revealed . Will talk more about Star Wars and chakras in the ST trilogy and tarot section . In meantime too as if to reinforce this view of sorcery , illusions and tricks look at that image of kylo below from Age of Resistance comic he looks like a magician /sorceror in his meditation .

Amora magic vampire feeding off energy of others and causing the sleepers :
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 13 Ac672810
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 13 Ff5cb310

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 13 A4e62310
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 13 25ff1010
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 13 20cccc10
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 13 Fa2f2110
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 13 Eb426710

Kylo meditating in Age of Resistance comic :
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 13 F7d7e910

Loki Novel am referring to in my references:
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 13 5a704b10

Last edited by AhsokaTano on Thu 19 Sep 2019, 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Thu 19 Sep 2019, 8:11 am

Mother Talzin taught Palpatine many things about the dark side before Palpy kidnapped baby Maul, so I think looking at her resume might give us some clues to Palpy's return and shenannigans..

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/5/58/Talzin_restores_Maul.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/270?cb=20150519213239

The PROBLEM...
She succeeded in restoring her son's mind and body, but the impressive exertion of magick power took a great toll on Mother Talzin. By sacrificing part of her own energies to resurrect her son, she trapped herself in the spirit world, unable to embrace her full strength and without a complete physical body.

Solution 1. Steal someone's connection to the living force.

"As a Bardottan, you possess a strong connection to the Living Force, a connection that will now be mine. With the combined power of your spirit and my dark magick, I will become more powerful than any Sith or Jedi."

At some point, Mother Talzin gained the allegiance of High Seneschal Peteen and the Frangawl Cult on Bardotta, who came to worship her as the "Great Mother." Under her direction, they abducted Dagoyan Masters, draining the Force within them into a containment sphere. Talzin later rendezvoused with the cult, who had captured Queen Julia, on Zardossa Stix, and revealed her intention to use a ritual to drain the life force from the Queen and absorb it to gain her powerful connection to the Living Force, making her more powerful than the Jedi and Sith and rejuvenating her fading physical form.

Solution 2 ... to come back to the world of the physical, she possesses Dooku's body...Kylo possessed?

Nightbrothers arrange for Dooku to be used as the sacrifice for the Mother's resurrection.

Maul brought Dooku to Dathomir and was greeted by Brother Viscus, who had survived his battle with Dooku. The Nightbrothers had made the necessary preparations for Talzin's revival and escorted Dooku to a chamber in a temple near the Nightbrother village so he could be sacrificed. Maul prayed to a monolith, imploring Talzin to reveal herself, and Talzin's essence manifested from the stone and possessed Dooku. She then began draining his life energy. Darth Sidious and General Grievous arrived shortly after, having tracked Dooku's signal. While Maul dueled Grievous, Talzin, in Dooku's body, was left to contend with her rival Darth Sidious. After a brief lightsaber duel the Sith Lord bombarded Dooku with Force lightning, forcing a fully rejuvenated Talzin to emerge from Dooku's body to take on Sidious once again

So Sidious, has seen Mama Talzin's possession skills in action....

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 13 Giphy
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry Thu 19 Sep 2019, 2:01 pm

I just figured out how Rey could give her name as "Skywalker" in the end of the movie.

We'd find out something about Han Solo that makes him look pretty bad and casts aspersion on the Solo name.

Ben would redeem himself and join the heroes in battling Palpatine.

This would lead to serious Reylo.

Palpatine would then steal the body of Ben Solo. Bodyless, Ben's spirit would enter Rey's body (woo!) sharing it with Rey herself.

Rey/Ben would then defeat Palpatine once and for all.

But a body with two souls in it begins to degrade.

Rey willingly leaves her body, leaving Ben Solo alive, in Rey's body.

OK, that sounds pretty damn ridiculous.
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Thu 19 Sep 2019, 4:35 pm

unicorn wrote:
SanghaRen wrote:

@SanghaRen

Yeah, I fear Rae Sloane is long dead. Hux probably found a way to get rid of her.   Crying or Very sad
[/quote][/quote]
@unicorn

I recall Rian Johnson stating his inspiration for the throne room was derived from the Wizard of Oz, so found this on Snoke's Throne Room, along with parallels/inspirations from McQuarrie concept art for Return of the Jedi...

The design of Snoke's throne itself was inspired by a concept art for Emperor Palpatine's throne room featured in Episode VI Return of the Jedi, designed by Ralph McQuarrie[7]—the legendary conceptual designer responsible for many of the designs and aesthetics featured in the original trilogy.[8] Another design inspiration was the 1939 classic film The Wizard of Oz, with Johnson comparing Snoke to the film's titular character.[9] wrote:

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Snoke%27s_throne_room
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by unicorn Sun 22 Sep 2019, 4:22 am

@Starliteprism

It fits. Palpatine the evil mastermind pulling all strings from the shadows. Maybe he is also the one who startet the connection between Rey & Ben. Not "the force" and not Snoke? And that´s the real reason why it´s still there after Snoke´s death? Question Who knows...
unicorn
unicorn
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Fri 27 Sep 2019, 4:54 am

Jeremy Jahns ruminating on the PT... "Anakin is Dracula essentially this legendary war soldier and then the woman he loves dies and he just snaps and gives himself over to being the right hand of the devil essentially in the end it he's a victim of his own choices

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 13 EFdfIDBU4AgaCzz?format=png&name=small

Dracula returns from a victory at war to find his wife committed suicide after his falsely reported his death. A priest tells him that his wife's soul is damned to Hell for committing suicide. Dracula desecrates the chapel & renounces God declaring he will rise

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 13 EFdgBi3U4AAKomc?format=png&name=small

declaring that he will rise from the grave to avenge Elisabeta with all the powers of darkness. Jonathan meets Dracula who discovers a picture of his fiancée Mina Harker and believes that she is the reincarnation of Elisabeta

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 13 EFdgZuZUYAIX4f7?format=png&name=small

Palpy is that you?  Suspect  affraid  confused  
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 13 EFdjHl8U4AMNBoX?format=png&name=small

To me, I think Jahns is onto something never mind that Francis & George are lifelong friends...
but, this seems to be what the Vader comics are alluding too.. especially Palpy's vampirc energy and Vader trying to reunite with Padme

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_marshmallow Tue 01 Oct 2019, 2:49 pm

Darth_marshmallow
Darth_marshmallow
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Thu 03 Oct 2019, 4:20 am

@Darth_marshmallow
That was hilarious with all the villains sitting there discussing Palpatine’s Return . Ha ha ha ! Loved it !

@spacebaby45678
I totally believe that Star Wars saga has Dracula elements . It borrows a lot from gothic literature ( Frankenstein too) but especially from Francis Ford Coppola’s Dracula . Did you know for instance that it was George Lucas who suggested the changed ending where it is Mina who stabs Dracula through the heart with the sword ? That’s not in the book . Interesting. Also I am rewatching all the Star Wars films recently and when I watched Revenge of the Sith I noticed when Anakin starts to turn to dark side the music with the lone soprano sounds very Dracula esque .
Moreover the story as you say with Anakin and Palpatine but maybe there’s even more and it’s not just in the plot but a general theme about the life giving force . In Dracula blood( as life force ) sustains Dracula and as a consequence he gets younger and younger ( something from the leaks it sounds Palpatine may be trying to do to rejuvenate himself ). There is a theme of force vampires throughout Star Wars - those feeding of the life force directly or indirectly to manipulate the force for their own . And I wonder if this is where Star Wars is headed ie that the force belongs to everyone and particular individuals who harbour the force or take it for their own manipulation , power or to sustain their life are taking it at the cost of others ? Maybe we’ll get something similar to the recently published Loki book Disney /marvel published ( that I posted excerpts from above ) because that had a sorcerer couple ( Loki and Amora )who were lovers and antagonists at its core but one was like a force vampire living off the life force of others to sustain their life and their powers . Possible foreshadowing?Who knows ? I see foreshadowing in most Disney works lol. Maybe this is where Rey and kylo’s symbiotic relationship comes into play . One sustaining the other . Certainly the way Rey downloads kylo’s powers from him in the TLJ book and he lets her take them is vampiric in nature too.Palpatine is obviously the biggest vampire if he is really looking for host body and to rejuvenate as the leaks seem to suggest but there are others too- Darth Nihilus ( who fed off the force and was a wound in the force ) and Lord vitiate( who figured out how to live forever jumping into new host bodies and became the eternal emperor). The vampiric theme is also in the count Dooku Jedi lost play ( Kai who remains but a shadow in Asaaj’s mind ) and also the comics where we’ve had parasitic creatures bonding and taking root in host bodies and living forever .
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Fri 04 Oct 2019, 2:08 pm

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Fri 04 Oct 2019, 4:13 pm

Woah!!! @spacebaby45678
Seeing the inquisitor like that does remind me of Nosferatu as well as Tion Medon in the prequels . They are highlighting this vampiric theme big time - interesting.....

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 13 Bd378910
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 13 74f07d10
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 13 74c66e10
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next