Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

+62
Dar-ren19
PalmettoBlue
SanghaRen
Chris24601
Kylo Rey
Annwyn
OrionStars
reylo1992
Krafty
vinventure12
Kylo Men
LadyGaufrette
tukicarreno
Lily Snape
grimbergen
Moonjump05
rawpowah
MaddieDove
loversinthestorm
Saracene
whisperingwillow
Riri
nonesuch
AcrosstheStars
ZioRen
Oscarborough-fairo
Birdwoman
spacebaby45678
special_cases
rey09
Geralt_Riv
californiagirl
Cowgirlsamurai
Nyx
Mila95
nickandnora
lauvamp
Lovely_Rose
Moonlight13
12 Parsnips
Atenais
motherofpearl1
Gemini
Casper
cherrylipstick
SheLitAFire
krissy01
Marlow
Mielikki
snufkin
Armadeus
KiraRen2015
Blood Moon
reynpain
DeeBee
SW_Heroine_Journey
SkyStar
nana7marie
fuhry
Night Huntress
AhsokaTano
Teo oswald
66 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 13 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by spacebaby45678 Tue 22 Oct 2019, 5:42 am

Gemini wrote:Ok, so he appeared to be right about the throne and how it looked back in September

He also says Rey pulls 2 Sabres out, one Anakins and another blue one which belongs Leia

It appears palp really is palp?

Who's damn saber is that? There is not much about this saber, REG..nothing,

Anakins and Leias brand new saber do not rhyme here...who's saber did Leia have before she gave it to Rey?

This is what he says he saw:

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 13 Screen35
@Gemini
Why is Palpy destroying his own grandchild/creation..

Rey chopping off the head on the darth vader statue is the best Kenobi revenge ever

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 13 FlickeringExhaustedHoneyeater-size_restricted
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 13 Abdb1cc2a8ce0464f2d22686d72f39dffd4d7bea

Last edited by spacebaby45678 on Tue 22 Oct 2019, 5:52 am; edited 2 times in total
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 13 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Riri Tue 22 Oct 2019, 5:58 am

I actually think they are destroying the dark acolyte thing together, it just seems odd if it's unintentional and a consequence of their fight against each other because the dark acolyte thing must be significant. Also, the direction their saber is facing - ,it seems like they're charging after it together but that's just me! Also that white room looks like the ship where Kylo keeps the Vader mask. Perhaps the mask turns into one of Palpatine's horcruxes Laughing

Also even if it IS a consequence of the fight, it's interesting they chose that shot which makes it look like they are working together, they're probably trying to ease people into the Reylo teamup 2.0

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars Tue 22 Oct 2019, 6:06 am

@Riri

Yeah, Jason is back on his bullsh*t every time source(s) tell him something. Even in his recent podcasts, Jason is aware that source(s) keep the newest change of plot from him and source(s) only correct certain plot points months later probably to protect themselves from getting caught, so Jason has already tried to save face by saying that JJ "fixed" things through reshooting but the truth is JJ already changed those plot points months ago. He's only reliable when he actually sees the production images himself.

About Kira *sigh". I've always suspected Kira's credibility. I hope the Reylos on twitter stop falling for her fleak soon. False hope is the cruelest thing and they trust her fleak solely because she's pro-Reylo.
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by cherrylipstick Tue 22 Oct 2019, 6:20 am

Riri wrote:I actually think they are destroying the dark acolyte thing together, it just seems odd if it's unintentional and a consequence of their fight against each other because the dark acolyte thing must be significant. Also, the direction their saber is facing - ,it seems like they're charging after it together but that's just me! Also that white room looks like the ship where Kylo keeps the Vader mask. Perhaps the mask turns into one of Palpatine's horcruxes Laughing

Also even if it IS a consequence of the fight, it's interesting they chose that shot which makes it look like they are working together, they're probably trying to ease people into the Reylo teamup 2.0
@Riri

I agree with your opinion about this scene, maybe it's just because it's what I want to see  Laughing
I dont' know, I find it a little odd as a fight scene because their bodies are not completely facing each other and sligtly turned to the "mask thing". How I wish I knew it right now!
cherrylipstick
cherrylipstick

https://cherrylipstick85.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie Tue 22 Oct 2019, 6:41 am

@Riri
@cherrylipstick
Agreed - especially that Kylo wears his mask, so I guess it’s closer to the beginning of the film and so more antagonistic Reylo.

Also, guys, some people say the acolyte looks like Vader himself or that the white room seems like Bespin - in the leaks it was mentioned Reylo force fights take place also in the past so maybe that’s the scene from ESB? Not like the same shot, just from there and then. I don’t remember the OT well, though Razz .
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv Tue 22 Oct 2019, 6:51 am

There is no acolyte. It's Vader's helmet on some kind of altar.
Geralt_Riv
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Casper Tue 22 Oct 2019, 6:57 am

@Geralt_Riv

Agreed.  It's almost like they're destroying a horcrux together.

Casper
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovely_Rose Tue 22 Oct 2019, 7:52 am

I'm not going to panic about 'leaks' because after watching the trailer it's clear the leakers (Jason maybe not initially, but he began to cosign JP to a fault) wanted to portray reylo as purely antagonistic towards each other the whole time. I didn't see that here at all, even with Rey you can see that she still stops and listens to him and is simply being defensive of her emotions. You can also tell Kylo at least will be very obvious with his romantic intentions.

Frankly I just don't believe Kylo is pitched into a hole and that's it. JP and Jason may double down now but if they're smart they won't be so quick to elaborate on the reylo dynamic as they have been b/c they were wrong.

Lovely_Rose
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Tue 22 Oct 2019, 7:55 am

It smacks of poor storytelling.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie Tue 22 Oct 2019, 8:01 am

@Geralt_Riv I’ve already seen the trailer like a hundred times, guess I need to watch it a hundred more, preferably shot by shot to grasp everything, lmao! lol!

Also, the more I watch it, the more I like it, especially after getting a few more hours of sleep. My previous points still stand, though, I do prefer trailer a little different, giving more the gist of the story rather than mood and themes.
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Tue 22 Oct 2019, 8:13 am

Ok guys, we have to remember what Freddie Jr said recently. SW is FOR KIDS! What message does Disney want to send to them? It's for them first and foremost.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Tue 22 Oct 2019, 8:17 am

Lovely_Rose wrote:I'm not going to panic about 'leaks' because after watching the trailer it's clear the leakers (Jason maybe not initially, but he began to cosign JP to a fault) wanted to portray reylo as purely antagonistic towards each other the whole time. I didn't see that here at all, even with Rey you can see that she still stops and listens to him and is simply being defensive of her emotions.  You can also tell Kylo at least will be very obvious with his romantic intentions.

Frankly I just don't believe Kylo is pitched into a hole and that's it. JP and Jason may double down now but if they're smart they won't be so quick to elaborate on the reylo dynamic as they have been b/c they were wrong.

@Lovely_Rose

totally agree with you !!! Reylo is strong, the community is strong, we are strong. we have gone through worse in recent years. come on !!
  let us not be intimidated by these fake news, if they have problems, they say it on the radio.

Razz  Razz  JJ I'm keeping an eye on you
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 13 Ee9c6acb2302d35057b5e37f885dd0fdac85380c
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 13 F83969e058d5d408e0e81c48010f1b206402d5a6
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Tue 22 Oct 2019, 8:41 am

@OrionStars I figured Daisy was upset just because Colin's writing is kind of, well, not good. She worked with Rian without having a fit, the cast all talked about how good Rian was at easing them in their rolls. Daisy's issue wasn't there just being some other director, but what he was doing was not great, and LF thought so too, Rian stayed, Colin was replaced. I still wouldn't be surprised if there's fake footage floating around, it's a known thing to do, and wasn't Jason the one who thinks Kylo's not really dead? Though he does change his "leaks" constantly.

Between dark!Rey and the way she came off in this trailer, I really don't get the sense she's some super-pure heroine, even Daisy has been indicating such, and seems perfectly at ease with that.

One of my issues with "Rey stabs Kylo" is just that it's repetitive, she already slashed his face and the scar is barely there now. Undo one wound to make another? Just from a structural point it feels off. Unless it plays out very differently, re:remorse.

@rawpowah Are there no kisses in Victorian romance, even film versions? Plus this is Disney, and a Hollywood blockbuster, they dig their true love's kiss, even in newer movies sometimes like Anna in Frozen. They did go for the gothic romance aesthetic certainly, but how much applies to the plot? The audience is a bit different here.

The comics show them having issues with their powers now that they're apart, Palpatine's monologuing about how their togetherness will their undoing, which clearly means he's wrong, as it will be his undoing.

@spacebaby45678 It's truly bizarre what people think Reylos like. Just, what? And Jason's claimed to be one us? I guess Reylo means anything that isn't the two of them killing each other. Like, wow.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Tue 22 Oct 2019, 8:59 am

Lovely_Rose wrote:I'm not going to panic about 'leaks' because after watching the trailer it's clear the leakers (Jason maybe not initially, but he began to cosign JP to a fault) wanted to portray reylo as purely antagonistic towards each other the whole time. I didn't see that here at all, even with Rey you can see that she still stops and listens to him and is simply being defensive of her emotions. You can also tell Kylo at least will be very obvious with his romantic intentions.

@Lovely_Rose

Oh man, I really really hope Jason Ward is wrong about Kylo's fate. confused It seems so wrong to do that to Adam's character. Sure, Kylo might do something heroic towards the end but still to have him die like that in a hole to never be seen again, is such a forgettable ending to his character, the only son of Han & Leia. If that is the case, if I were Adam I would be pissed. Maybe that is why he hasn't done so much promotion on this film? Sorry guys, but I am down again. I can't take that ending, it would be such a horrible ending for his character.. Neutral
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Tue 22 Oct 2019, 9:01 am

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 13 51ba63c67084e305860451bdbcb53cae29fe51ea

who knows who knows !! Razz Razz
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Tue 22 Oct 2019, 9:07 am

Can someone remind me what the leaks say about the final confrontation with Palpatine? Here's what I have:

- Rey goes to face Palpatine alone. He is old and decrepit.
- Ben appears (after apparently facing off with the Knights of Ren somewhere).
- Palpatine ends up "draining" Ben of his lifeforce here (Note: I see that Jason is now saying he drains them *both*? That makes much less sense to me. The reason Ben appearing and the two teaming up would be a positive in Palps eyes would be so he can drain one of them, regain his strength and use the other for his apprentice or whatever nefarious purpose he has in mind, like eventual body takeover. It doesn't work if only one of them is there, nor does it have any particular significance if he drains both of them).
- He throws a lifeless Ben into the pit (never to be seen again, yada yada). Rey is now left to face a stronger Palpatine alone.
- Rey then... (now this is where I'm confused)... I've now read everything from she defeats him (physically?) with two lightsabers, OR she takes a passive stance with two lightsabers and deflects whatever he's throwing at her, AND/OR force ghosts intervene (no wait... only their voices are there... no wait... they're actually there). Guys, which one is it right now in the leaks? How does she defeat him?

We're missing a climactic moment. A big "wow." And the end of Palpatine forever needs to be "WOW." It's not even kind of there right now.

Also, as many have pointed out, not only is Ben's death pointless, it actually makes things WORSE for Rey because now Palps is stronger. Which is why... I'm starting to wonder... if the *act* of Palps sucking the lifeforce out of Ben is actually his downfall in some way that's not immediately clear in the leaks. My point is that something big is missing. Like, really big.

But maybe someone could help me with my leak reading because lord help me, JP has THE WORST writing style ever, and I don't feel like learning how to navigate MSW at this juncture. Laughing

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Tue 22 Oct 2019, 9:08 am

I can't imagine Palps not going down without Ben and Rey destroying him together. I also don't think it's gonna be thru a lame lightsaber battle with him or like what Vader did throw him down a pit. Think it'd be a cool it was some powerful force thing that they forge together to annihilate him once and for all.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Tue 22 Oct 2019, 9:09 am

nickandnora wrote:Oops, moving this to spoilers.
@nickandnora

Really really hope Kylo doesn't die that way and that Ben Solo comes back in the end. Pls JJ. Sad
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Tue 22 Oct 2019, 9:10 am

Really really hope Kylo doesn't die that way and that Ben Solo comes back in the end. Pls JJ. Sad
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Tue 22 Oct 2019, 9:11 am

rey09 wrote:I can't imagine Palps not going down without Ben and Rey destroying him together. I also don't think it's gonna be thru a lame lightsaber battle with him or like what Vader did throw him down a pit. Think it'd be a cool it was some powerful force thing that they forge together to annihilate him once and for all.
@rey09

Moved my post to spoilers (I accidentally put it here), but yes that's my point that I feel like we're missing one last HUGE force spectacle that one of them performs. That was a key question that Chris Terrio said they focused on I believe (If I remember correctly). What can the force do?

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Tue 22 Oct 2019, 9:12 am

tukicarreno wrote:
Lovely_Rose wrote:I'm not going to panic about 'leaks' because after watching the trailer it's clear the leakers (Jason maybe not initially, but he began to cosign JP to a fault) wanted to portray reylo as purely antagonistic towards each other the whole time. I didn't see that here at all, even with Rey you can see that she still stops and listens to him and is simply being defensive of her emotions. You can also tell Kylo at least will be very obvious with his romantic intentions.

@Lovely_Rose

Oh man, I really really hope Jason Ward is wrong about Kylo's fate. confused It seems so wrong to do that to Adam's character. Sure, Kylo might do something heroic towards the end but still to have him die like that in a hole to never be seen again, is such a forgettable ending to his character, the only son of Han & Leia. If that is the case, if I were Adam I would be pissed. Maybe that is why he hasn't done so much promotion on this film? Sorry guys, but I am down again. I can't take that ending, it would be such a horrible ending for his character.. Neutral
@tukicarreno

Adam always says story is very impt to him, and he's the last person who would sign on for a mega blockbuster franchise. JJ and co really had to sell him the story otherwise I doubt he'd sign on. And adam has made great choices over the years, he's very careful it seems.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Tue 22 Oct 2019, 9:19 am

californiagirl wrote:@OrionStars I figured Daisy was upset just because Colin's writing is kind of, well, not good. She worked with Rian without having a fit, the cast all talked about how good Rian was at easing them in their rolls. Daisy's issue wasn't there just being some other director, but what he was doing was not great, and LF thought so too, Rian stayed, Colin was replaced. I still wouldn't be surprised if there's fake footage floating around, it's a known thing to do, and wasn't Jason the one who thinks Kylo's not really dead? Though he does change his "leaks" constantly.

Between dark!Rey and the way she came off in this trailer, I really don't get the sense she's some super-pure heroine, even Daisy has been indicating such, and seems perfectly at ease with that.

One of my issues with "Rey stabs Kylo" is just that it's repetitive, she already slashed his face and the scar is barely there now. Undo one wound to make another? Just from a structural point it feels off. Unless it plays out very differently, re:remorse.

@rawpowah Are there no kisses in Victorian romance, even film versions? Plus this is Disney, and a Hollywood blockbuster, they dig their true love's kiss, even in newer movies sometimes like Anna in Frozen. They did go for the gothic romance aesthetic certainly, but how much applies to the plot? The audience is a bit different here.

The comics show them having issues with their powers now that they're apart, Palpatine's monologuing about how their togetherness will their undoing, which clearly means he's wrong, as it will be his undoing.

@spacebaby45678 It's truly bizarre what people think Reylos like. Just, what? And Jason's claimed to be one us? I guess Reylo means anything that isn't the two of them killing each other. Like, wow.
@californiagirl

Gosh I didn't even know the leak mentions that Rey will stab Kylo too? I can't! It gets worse and worse... Neutral No
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Tue 22 Oct 2019, 9:27 am

It's funny but hearing Palps saying that their coming together will be their undoing I think of Luke telling him at the end of ROTJ:
"Your overconfidence is your weakness".(◔‿◔)
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Tue 22 Oct 2019, 9:29 am

@tukicarreno Yeah, depending on which rumor you follow, it's either that Kylo wants her to stab him to destroy Palpatine kind of posessing him, or she does it out of spite, then heals him with her powers, to prove she's better than him. It's super-whack.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars Tue 22 Oct 2019, 9:30 am

nickandnora wrote:Can someone remind me what the leaks say about the final confrontation with Palpatine? Here's what I have:

- Rey goes to face Palpatine alone. He is old and decrepit.
- Ben appears (after apparently facing off with the Knights of Ren somewhere).
- Palpatine ends up "draining" Ben of his lifeforce here (Note: I see that Jason is now saying he drains them *both*? That makes much less sense to me. The reason Ben appearing and the two teaming up would be a positive in Palps eyes would be so he can drain one of them, regain his strength and use the other for his apprentice or whatever nefarious purpose he has in mind, like eventual body takeover. It doesn't work if only one of them is there, nor does it have any particular significance if he drains both of them).
- He throws a lifeless Ben into the pit (never to be seen again, yada yada). Rey is now left to face a stronger Palpatine alone.
- Rey then... (now this is where I'm confused)... I've now read everything from she defeats him (physically?) with two lightsabers, OR she takes a passive stance with two lightsabers and deflects whatever he's throwing at her, AND/OR force ghosts intervene (no wait... only their voices are there... no wait... they're actually there). Guys, which one is it right now in the leaks? How does she defeat him?

We're missing a climactic moment. A big "wow." And the end of Palpatine forever needs to be "WOW." It's not even kind of there right now.

Also, as many have pointed out, not only is Ben's death pointless, it actually makes things WORSE for Rey because now Palps is stronger. Which is why... I'm starting to wonder... if the *act* of Palps sucking the lifeforce out of Ben is actually his downfall in some way that's not immediately clear in the leaks. My point is that something big is missing. Like, really big.

But maybe someone could help me with my leak reading because lord help me, JP has THE WORST writing style ever, and I don't feel like learning how to navigate MSW at this juncture. Laughing
@nickandnora

Leakers said the force ghosts are there to help Rey defeat Palpy. Basically, It's like the scene where Starlord and his friends defeated Ronan in Guardian of the Galaxy. But Rey has force ghosts instead of new-found friends like Starlord. But this twist always bugs me because
1) Mark said he only had a small role in TROS, he doesn't even show up on the poster. And being a force ghost that could defeat Palpy doesn't sound like a "small role" to me.
2) China bans human ghosts. And Disney obviously doesn't want China to ban any of their films

About Kylo, JP already admitted that he really had no idea how Ben gets off Star Destroyer and comes to Rey, which stirs a question that does Ben physically end up there? does he force-projects himself? or does he transport himself through the force-bond? because according to the leaks, the force bond is evolving and it becomes so powerful to the point that it helps Kylo teleport to another planet and grabs Rey's necklace then comes back to his ship. If the answer is the latter, then Kylo can't die by being yeeted into the pit because the force bond would transport Kylo back to star destroyer.
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next