Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

+62
Dar-ren19
PalmettoBlue
SanghaRen
Chris24601
Kylo Rey
Annwyn
OrionStars
reylo1992
Krafty
vinventure12
Kylo Men
LadyGaufrette
tukicarreno
Lily Snape
grimbergen
Moonjump05
rawpowah
MaddieDove
loversinthestorm
Saracene
whisperingwillow
Riri
nonesuch
AcrosstheStars
ZioRen
Oscarborough-fairo
Birdwoman
spacebaby45678
special_cases
rey09
Geralt_Riv
californiagirl
Cowgirlsamurai
Nyx
Mila95
nickandnora
lauvamp
Lovely_Rose
Moonlight13
12 Parsnips
Atenais
motherofpearl1
Gemini
Casper
cherrylipstick
SheLitAFire
krissy01
Marlow
Mielikki
snufkin
Armadeus
KiraRen2015
Blood Moon
reynpain
DeeBee
SW_Heroine_Journey
SkyStar
nana7marie
fuhry
Night Huntress
AhsokaTano
Teo oswald
66 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 3 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by spacebaby45678 Tue 15 Oct 2019, 10:52 am

Gemini wrote:I'm sorry, but the amount of times people have made blanket statements about "fanboys", OG fans, male fans and people who want Rey to be someone special and have a place in this saga is something I constantly see.

Its not blanket statement, please don't take my words and say I am doing something that I am not. I never said all Reylos, I said many that I have spoken with. So it is not a blanket statement. Cheers.
@Gemini

Fan Fatigue Sad It is the stress of waiting for the new trailer

Last edited by spacebaby45678 on Tue 15 Oct 2019, 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 3 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by motherofpearl1 Tue 15 Oct 2019, 12:24 pm

I actually find it interesting that we Reylo's have different opinions; I actually like reading what people think.
In my case, I have mental health issues which I think is why I have such sympathy for Kylo....out of all the characters I identify with him the most, apart that unlike him I had the best parents in the world.

My actual favourite Rey moment was when Plutt offered her a fortune in food supplies for BEEBEE - and she turned him down.

I really don't want her to become a sanctimonious Jedi like Obi Wan (sorry, Obi Wan fans).
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Tue 15 Oct 2019, 4:36 pm

To be fair, the reality that this forum needs to exist at all, such a small community off the beaten path, does say a lot about how most of mainstream online SW fandom acts and talks, let alone to people who think and feel differently than they do. Many here have personal experience with that. We do stereotype, and yet, it's not some caricature entirely divorced from reality, sadly. And TROS, I don't believe, will win them back regardless of what it does. So it's nice to see the cast and JJ feel bolder and do more improvisation and not be obsessed with outside influences.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Tue 15 Oct 2019, 5:35 pm

https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/didqg3/in_act_1_of_tros_after_cutting_off_the_bond_rey/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Hey all so I found this in speculation but this is very interesting indeed . From the Allegiance comics ( haven’t got my copies yet ). I knew about Rey’s powers being cut off but I assumed it was because she cut herself from the force but it’s interesting that kylo’s powers are effected too .So it’s two way. So have they both cut themselves off from the force as that’s the only way to cut off the bond ? . If so it looks like the force really wants them to be together. I wonder what else will happen if they do this - will it effect their life force literally because they are tied together. They’ll need both their powers if they are to fight Palpatine.

When I read this I was a bit spooked because there is a fan fiction I read on AO3 ( i mentioned it a year ago in our fiction thread) that basically had a similar premise - Rey and Kylo trying to repress their force bond and connection and they get more and more sick ( love sick?) until it’s obvious they are dying and leia acts as match maker and forces Rey to go to kylo to save her and his life as it’s the only way they can survive . Only when they are near each other do they start to get better . It goes into force bonds too and their purpose and how Snoke did it knowing fully what would happen to both of them( interesting that since then we’ve found out force bonds are a dark side power that can be manipulated from new book Jedi secrets )- so rey and Kylo work together to try and find a cure and end the force bond (but they end up falling in love ).
The fiction is under 2nd sept 2018 ( my post ) in the fiction thread . Not sure if can post the link here as it’s +18 fiction and this is an open thread ( mods please advise ?)
( I can’t breathe without you it’s called )
Maybe Reylos have predicted right again Very Happy
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv Tue 15 Oct 2019, 6:37 pm

AhsokaTano wrote:https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/didqg3/in_act_1_of_tros_after_cutting_off_the_bond_rey/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Hey all so I found this in speculation but this is very interesting indeed . From the Allegiance comics ( haven’t got my copies yet ). I knew about Rey’s powers being cut off but I assumed it was because she cut herself from the force but it’s interesting that kylo’s powers are effected too .So it’s two way. So have they both cut themselves off from the force as that’s the only way to cut off the bond ? . If so it looks like the force really wants them to be together. I wonder what else will happen if they do this - will it effect their life force literally because they are tied together. They’ll need both their powers if they are to fight Palpatine.

When I read this I was a bit spooked because there is a fan fiction I read on AO3 ( i mentioned it a year ago in our fiction thread) that basically had a similar premise - Rey and Kylo trying to repress their force bond and connection and they get more and more sick ( love sick?) until it’s obvious they are dying and leia acts as match maker and forces Rey to go to kylo to save her and his life as it’s the only way they can survive . Only when they are near each other do they start to get better . It goes into force bonds too and their purpose and how Snoke did it knowing fully what would happen to both of them( interesting that since then we’ve found out force bonds are a dark side power that can be manipulated from new book Jedi secrets )- so rey and Kylo work together to try and find a cure and end the force bond (but they end up falling in love ).
The fiction is under 2nd sept 2018 ( my post ) in the fiction thread . Not sure if can post the link here as it’s +18 fiction and this is an open thread ( mods please advise ?)
( I can’t breathe without you it’s called )
@AhsokaTano

It's not confirmed yet.
Geralt_Riv
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Tue 15 Oct 2019, 7:36 pm

AhsokaTano wrote:https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/didqg3/in_act_1_of_tros_after_cutting_off_the_bond_rey/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

When I read this I was a bit spooked because there is a fan fiction I read on AO3 ( i mentioned it a year ago in our fiction thread) that basically had a similar premise - Rey and Kylo trying to repress their force bond and connection and they get  more and more sick ( love sick?) until it’s  obvious they are dying and leia acts as match maker and forces Rey to go to kylo to save her and his life as it’s the only way they can survive . Only when they are near each other do they start to get better . It goes into force bonds too and their purpose and how Snoke did it knowing fully what would happen to both of them( interesting that since then we’ve found out force bonds are a dark side power that can be manipulated from new book Jedi secrets )- so rey and Kylo work together to try and find a cure and end the force bond (but they end up falling in love ).
( I can’t breathe without you it’s called  )
@AhsokaTano
I think you could make a new post on that same thread and quote your old post, indicating which link you are referring to.
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars Tue 15 Oct 2019, 7:40 pm

@Gemini I think it really depends on your ideal of being equal. I did like Rey Nobody because I thought Rey as the light counterpart of Kylo with the opposite background could send positive messages. Even in our real world, we already have proof that you don't need to be a princess and be as rich as the royal to marry the prince tho.

@AhsokaTano yeah, Reylos have predicted a lot of correct stuff so far, there're some 18 Reylo fanfics on AO3 predicted Palpatine and his connection with Rey in 2016 too.
I've always suspected that if Kylo and Rey's force bond isn't just a regular force bond and it does represent the red string of fate 红线 in Ancient Asian folklore then it's likely that Reylo can't abandon their force bond or even neglect it because according to the folklore, it could result in punishment and consequence of going against the will of the god. It has even become a common trope in a lot of Asian romance novels Very Happy I think there is a possibility that Kylo is suffering the same fate with Rey and his connection with the force is weaker than ever. Laughing
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars Tue 15 Oct 2019, 11:23 pm

Editor in Chief of Cinelinx just spoiled that LFL filmed 8 alternate ways to approach the final ending of TROS in the test screening.
https://twitter.com/JordanMaison

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 3 G9Ly1lO

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 3 K1yzaih

On the other hand, Matt Martin has just dropped this hot potato
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 3 5FQg7jv
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Wed 16 Oct 2019, 12:37 am

Wait, are they talking about ROTS or TROS?
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Wed 16 Oct 2019, 1:24 am

californiagirl wrote:Wait, are they talking about ROTS or TROS?
@californiagirl

about ROTS but in context of the rumored reshoots for TROS...

regarding Matt Martins comment: if it's just about semantics...yeah, whatever. But if they still hold on to the out-dated boring concept of "good" and "evil" and there isn't much "grey area" I'm not sure this franchise is longer for me. Seriously I want more complex characters. I'm already salty about the missed opportunities in the ST and if the continue with this approach in future stories I can't get invested anymore.
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Wed 16 Oct 2019, 1:55 am

Night Huntress wrote:
californiagirl wrote:Wait, are they talking about ROTS or TROS?
@californiagirl

about ROTS but in context of the rumored reshoots for TROS...

regarding Matt Martins comment: if it's just about semantics...yeah, whatever. But if they still hold on to the out-dated boring concept of "good" and "evil" and there isn't much "grey area" I'm not sure this franchise is longer for me. Seriously I want more complex characters. I'm already salty about the missed opportunities in the ST and if the continue with this approach in future stories I can't get invested anymore.
@Night Huntress

I agree, I do enjoy grey area. It's interesting how they appeared to make them both yin yang and have them not find that middle ground.

If they dont, then how is the constant battle between light and dark end?

And I've just realised. They probably don't want that because they need  to keep raking in the money. The end of light and dark, ultimately ends SW?

@OrionStars

8 different ways to the ending?

Wow, I thought it would just be a fake scene like Star Trek but 8 different routes?

Edit - oh revenge of the Sith?
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Wed 16 Oct 2019, 4:00 am

As a kid the idea of light and dark was appealing, but as I grew up I realised life is far more complex. Of course SW needs to be accessible for all ages, but nowadays I think it's a good idea that young people learn that no one is purely good or evil. They actually showed the beginning of this in ROTJ, when Luke realised that he came very close to becoming his father ( remember that, St Luke fanatics), and in the novelisation it stated that Luke despite not Vader or even Palpatine, but the darkness in him - in all of us.
Luke was actually spot on when he said the Jedi needed to end. They're hypocrites. Not only did they allow slavery to flourish, they took children from their homes by force, and I was genuinely sickened how Obi Wan left Anakin to die in agony be sure it was against the Jedi way to put him out of his misery.

I really want to see 'grey' characters, not just in the FO but the Resistance. And I want a flawed, human Rey, not a sanctimonious angel in white. I'm seriously put off by her costume!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Wed 16 Oct 2019, 4:27 am

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 3 EG77tqvXkAAb_JU?format=png&name=900x900

I have always hated the idea of grey jedi, Star Wars is unique and old fashioned.... The popularity of "Grey characters" in cinema coincide with rise of post modernism's moral relativism which is very post 1960's

I like grey characters but not as much in Star Wars... Star Wars is trying to do a thing and that thing is very black and white

Dualism in cosmology is the moral or spiritual belief that two fundamental concepts exist, which often oppose each other.

Many myths and creation motifs with dualistic cosmologies have been described in ethnographic and anthropological literature. These motifs conceive the world as being created, organized, or influenced by two demiurges, culture heroes, or other mythological beings, who either compete with each other or have a complementary function in creating, arranging or influencing the world. There is a huge diversity of such cosmologies. In some cases, such as among the Chukchi, the beings collaborate rather than competing, and contribute to the creation in a coequal way. In many other instances the two beings are not of the same importance or power (sometimes, one of them is even characterized as gullible). Sometimes they can be contrasted as good versus evil.[2] They may be often believed to be twins or at least brothers.[3][4] Dualistic motifs in mythologies can be observed in all inhabited continents

This is very Campbellian, and is trying to take a mythology back to core concepts before fancy Philosophy...

It's like the Paleo diet... for myth...

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 3 Tumblr_pzgkwpXCWh1y8hadgo1_540
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Wed 16 Oct 2019, 4:50 am

GeekFurious seems to be implying Reylo again, he keeps flipflopping

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 3 7acf1a10
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 3 3742e410

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars Wed 16 Oct 2019, 4:58 am

@Gemini
No, he meant LFL showed them 8 different ways to reach the ending of TROS so LFL could figure out how to approach the ending in the most emotional way possible. And the ultimate ending still remained the same. LFL also did it before with ROTS.

@Night Huntress
yeah, they want to deal in absolutes, no middle ground, just straight-up black vs.white, no anti-heroes, no gray Jedi. In another tweet, he also said you can have gray morality but you can't tap the dark side because the dark path will immediately corrupt you and you can't be neutral for long. Therefore the gray Jedi can't exist in Disney SW. I guess the reign of Ronin Samurai is just an unexplainable miracle that happened in the human universe but can't happen in the fairy tale SciFi universe tho.
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Wed 16 Oct 2019, 5:10 am

Which is a pity. And sadly one of the reasons I didn't really want Disney to take control of SW.
Yet they also did Once Upon A Time, and the characters in that were anything but black and white.

motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Wed 16 Oct 2019, 5:17 am

@Riri
So I see a love heart in that gif but geek furious has chosen a same sex couple with that tweet so I
wonder if there’s anything in that too ??
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars Wed 16 Oct 2019, 5:25 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:Which is a pity. And sadly one of the reasons I didn't really want Disney to take control of SW.
Yet they also did Once Upon A Time, and the characters in that were anything but black and white.

@motherofpearl1

I think that's probably the reason why they de-canonized EU because it was ruled by gray characters. Anti-heroes often provoke a lot of controversies. They can't even handle a vanilla lovesick fool anti-hero like Kylo, I doubt they can be able to handle the hard-core ones.
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Wed 16 Oct 2019, 6:30 am

@AhsokaTano

He’s always banging on about how “love is love”, so don’t think he was implying anything specifically about a same-sex couple romance, i think he was basically implying reylo Smile

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Wed 16 Oct 2019, 6:37 am

We also have a multitude of questions regarding the new characters, including Naomi Ackie’s Jannah. Speaking to our sister publication Total Film, the actress – previously best known for a stand-out role in Lady Macbeth – teases Jannah’s role in The Rise of Skywalker, and it looks like she could play a key role in the Resistance’s final fight against the First Order.

“Jannah is a warrior, and she comes into contact with the rest of the group at a point where they need some help,” Ackie says. “She is part of the Resistance, and she’s spent a long time acquiring skills that might be helpful when it comes to the big conclusion of the film. So she shows up at the right time.”

http://www.jedinews.co.uk/film-music-tv/articles/naomi-ackie-teases-her-role-in-star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker/
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars Wed 16 Oct 2019, 8:27 am

AhsokaTano wrote:@Riri
So I see a love heart in that gif but geek furious has chosen a same sex couple with that tweet so I
@AhsokaTano

The gif coincidentally matches a trailer leak on tumblr, the leaker on tumblr said he/she saw the trailer and the money shot is Kylo takes down Rey's black hood, caresses her and Rey allows it, he leans down (probably he's going to kiss her) then ...cliffhanger. The leak sounds like a crazier, more unbelievable version of TLJ trailer's final scene.
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Wed 16 Oct 2019, 8:55 am

OrionStars wrote:
AhsokaTano wrote:@Riri
@AhsokaTano

The gif coincidentally matches a trailer leak on tumblr, the leaker on tumblr said he/she saw the trailer and the money shot is Kylo takes down Rey's black hood, caresses her and Rey allows it, he leans down (probably he's going to kiss her) then ...cliffhanger. The leak sounds like a crazier, more unbelievable version of TLJ trailer's final scene.
@OrionStars

Is this rey from the "vision" moment if the D23 trailer?
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Wed 16 Oct 2019, 8:56 am

@OrionStars he said he wasnt referring to a darkside romance vision lol but then implied a light-side romance non vision

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 3 Aeb33e10

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Wed 16 Oct 2019, 9:17 am

Looks like a same sex Kiss will be happening?

So finn Poe may not be so impossible?
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars Wed 16 Oct 2019, 9:20 am

@Gemini I don't know, I'm not sure about her costume in that scene. The leaker only said she wears a black hood. But it could be Dark Rey in D23 and it's just Kylo's wet dream

@Riri  I think technically, it isn't dark side romance because Muslim brides wear black hijab in their wedding too,  it's just the aesthetic, ehehehe
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next