Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

+62
Dar-ren19
PalmettoBlue
SanghaRen
Chris24601
Kylo Rey
Annwyn
OrionStars
reylo1992
Krafty
vinventure12
Kylo Men
LadyGaufrette
tukicarreno
Lily Snape
grimbergen
Moonjump05
rawpowah
MaddieDove
loversinthestorm
Saracene
whisperingwillow
Riri
nonesuch
AcrosstheStars
ZioRen
Oscarborough-fairo
Birdwoman
spacebaby45678
special_cases
rey09
Geralt_Riv
californiagirl
Cowgirlsamurai
Nyx
Mila95
nickandnora
lauvamp
Lovely_Rose
Moonlight13
12 Parsnips
Atenais
motherofpearl1
Gemini
Casper
cherrylipstick
SheLitAFire
krissy01
Marlow
Mielikki
snufkin
Armadeus
KiraRen2015
Blood Moon
reynpain
DeeBee
SW_Heroine_Journey
SkyStar
nana7marie
fuhry
Night Huntress
AhsokaTano
Teo oswald
66 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 21 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by spacebaby45678 Wed 23 Oct 2019, 10:39 am

Gemini wrote:
nickandnora wrote:I'm really wondering if potentially it's not Leia's saber at all; it's a second saber that Rey made from the split pieces of the first one in TLJ.

Maybe there's some canon about how kyber crystals can't be split like that, but wouldn't that make infinitely more sense than introducing a random saber that we've never seen Leia have in the last act?
@nickandnora

I think it's the one kylo had in the TFA teaser...the one they hid from view in the final TFA film. When he is amongst the KoR

I think that they never actually digitally removed it but they just never showed his hands clearly in the final version.

@Spacebaby45678

If that's true, and kylo is fighting with Anakins saber, that means Rey inherits the other blue light saber which kylo has in that leaked image. I'm going to dare say,  I believe is Obi Wans...

Lol, empire said kylo holds the key to the story.. I knew that naughty dude was holding on to it! Naughty dude!

That's why Rey has Anakins!

It's all mirroring.
@Gemini

This!

Or

They can make Rey the protaganist of the ST, a Palpatine and have  Leia give ReyNobodyPalpy her saber.. which has NEVER been SEEN before or USED in a battle at ANY POINT in the Saga and that has meaning because Padme...

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 21 Giphy
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 21 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Gemini Wed 23 Oct 2019, 10:42 am

spacebaby45678 wrote:
Gemini wrote:
nickandnora wrote:I'm really wondering if potentially it's not Leia's saber at all; it's a second saber that Rey made from the split pieces of the first one in TLJ.

Maybe there's some canon about how kyber crystals can't be split like that, but wouldn't that make infinitely more sense than introducing a random saber that we've never seen Leia have in the last act?
@nickandnora

I think it's the one kylo had in the TFA teaser...the one they hid from view in the final TFA film. When he is amongst the KoR

I think that they never actually digitally removed it but they just never showed his hands clearly in the final version.

@Spacebaby45678

If that's true, and kylo is fighting with Anakins saber, that means Rey inherits the other blue light saber which kylo has in that leaked image. I'm going to dare say,  I believe is Obi Wans...

Lol, empire said kylo holds the key to the story.. I knew that naughty dude was holding on to it! Naughty dude!

It's all mirroring.
@Gemini

This!

Or

They can make Rey the protaganist of the ST, a Palpatine and have  Leia's give her saber.. which has NEVER been SEEN before or USED in a battle at ANY POINT in the Saga and that has meaning because Padme...

@spacebaby45678

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/dlmhcp/new_leaked_image/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Maybe!

But lets consider the 3 trilogy posters

Each one bar the final one has obi wan and Anakins saber

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 21 Screen38

It's like they wanted to do it in the final poster but cant yet! It should also be kylo standing where Luke is for it to rhyme with the PT poster but it doesnt! They cant yet!

Remember gwendy doing that awesome art for me?

Gonna Holla at her!

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 21 Screen37
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by KiraRen2015 Wed 23 Oct 2019, 11:40 am

Personally I hope it's Kylo's lightsaber with the crystal healing and turning blue now that he is no longer conflicted or his one from his academy days that we briefly saw in TLJ.
KiraRen2015
KiraRen2015
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv Wed 23 Oct 2019, 11:43 am

@KiraRen2015
It's the same lightsaber, at least it looked like it.
Geralt_Riv
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Wed 23 Oct 2019, 11:43 am

Gemini wrote:

@nickandnora

@Spacebaby45678

It's all mirroring.
@Gemini

Yes! Makes total sense!
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Wed 23 Oct 2019, 11:46 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:I have this theory.
Rey and Kylo confront Palps. Kylo seems to fall to his room. Rey faces Palps alone. Then unexpectedly Kylo returns and they finish him together. Kylo's redeemed by his actions but they decide to pass him off as dead in order to prevent the Resistance taking revenge.
At the end Rey leaves her friends behind and is reunited with Ben.
I noticed in the leaked pics he seems to have cuts and bruises on his face, maybe incurred in the fall.
@motherofpearl1

That's a great theory.. The more you come to think about it, these leaks are just vague pics and footage the trailer editing team got, I think JJ is smarter than that and wouldn't give them the whole movie two months in advance! They are just concocting their own story based on the footage and pics they got, so yeah... There is still hope, people.
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Wed 23 Oct 2019, 11:49 am

tukicarreno wrote:
Gemini wrote:

@nickandnora

@Spacebaby45678

It's all mirroring.
@Gemini

Yes! Makes total sense!
@tukicarreno

Still not getting my Hope's up, I'll only be certain the second I see the hilt!

Having said that, if you look closely at the trilogy posters..it could actually be Obi Wans saber she is holding there. It looks different to Anakins that Luke is holding.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Wed 23 Oct 2019, 12:12 pm

Geralt_Riv wrote:@KiraRen2015
It's the same lightsaber, at least it looked like it.
@Geralt_Riv

Where? I seem to have missed the hilt of Ben's blue saber.. is there another pic leak somewhere?
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv Wed 23 Oct 2019, 12:20 pm

@spacebaby45678
I meant that Kylo's red and Ben's blue lightsaber (his old lightsaber from Luke's Jedi school) are the same. I don't know the hilt of the lightsaber he has in this leaked pic. Smile
Geralt_Riv
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Wed 23 Oct 2019, 12:23 pm

Geralt_Riv wrote:@spacebaby45678
I meant that Kylo's red and Ben's blue lightsaber (his old lightsaber from Luke's Jedi school) are the same. I don't know the hilt of the lightsaber he has in this leaked pic. Smile
@Geralt_Riv

Ben's blue lightsaber is Anakin's lightsaber in TLJ ... No?
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv Wed 23 Oct 2019, 12:23 pm

Last edited by Geralt_Riv on Wed 23 Oct 2019, 12:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Geralt_Riv
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Wed 23 Oct 2019, 12:24 pm

no
@Geralt_Riv

Oh interesting...
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Wed 23 Oct 2019, 12:27 pm

no

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 21 Latest?cb=20180314145631
@Geralt_Riv

Dayum!
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv Wed 23 Oct 2019, 1:32 pm

The Mouse has taken care of Ben's leaked pic. Laughing

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 21 Upscale-251333434004212
Geralt_Riv
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Wed 23 Oct 2019, 1:33 pm

Which proves it's genuine
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AcrosstheStars Wed 23 Oct 2019, 1:36 pm

In terms of lightsabers, going from official images, Rey repaired Anakin’s blue saber by putting a metal (?) band of some sort around the part where it broke. So she’s still using that one to start the film.

If you go by the leaks, Luke was training Leia to be a Jedi, and she also had a blue saber. She stopped training because she was pregnant, and I believe it was JP who claimed she stopped specifically due to a fear or vision that her child would die. Luke kept her saber and took it with him to Ach-To, and then he gives it to Rey after she runs back there and Leia has died. Rey supposedly uses that one in the final fight while she gives Kylo Anakin’s. Never mind the “Rey cannibalizes the two to make a new one” on Tattooine bit, which sounds utterly idiotic to me and has the potential to tick a lot of people off, IMO.

Assuming for a minute the Leia saber stuff is all true (who knows if it is), if we’re getting in to territory again of visions/nightmares about a loved one dying, that goes back to AOTC and ROTS with Anakin’s mother and Padme’s deaths. Anakin couldn’t stop Shmi’s, and he outright caused Padme’s, because he was trying to avoid it. Would they really end the Saga with the same concept ending the exact same way? I.E. Leia ceasing her training to save Ben, then in the end he dies anyway? That seems hopeless and more circlejerk of “Why did they make these movies again besides money?” It would make more sense if her vision/fear was wrong.

Also assuming this is all true, it sure would make a heck of a lot more sense if Leia’s saber was Obi-Wan’s. Then you would have Obi-Wan and Anakin indirectly taking Palpatine down for good (although for me that’s no substitute for them showing up as ghosts). I also think that would make way more sense if Rey is a Kenobi, because it doesn’t have as much punch if she’s a Palpatine.
AcrosstheStars
AcrosstheStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Wed 23 Oct 2019, 1:52 pm

Yall noticing sommat:

The moment we learn who Jon is through a vision:
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 21 Screen39

The moment we learn who rey is through a vision? Listen to obis words being uttered here, difference is, rey sees it  she smiles:

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 21 Screen40

Theres your Harry Potter snape, Jon snow moment
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv Wed 23 Oct 2019, 2:01 pm

motherofpearl1 wrote:Which proves it's genuine
@motherofpearl1
Yet they did that hours after the Palps's pic had been removed due to copyright. lol!

Last edited by Geralt_Riv on Wed 23 Oct 2019, 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Geralt_Riv
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Wed 23 Oct 2019, 2:02 pm

I was thinking about this supposed scene where Rey stabs Kylo and how its total opp of the last throne scene. She just left him and the book said how she could have ended him but she didn't, as if she cared for him. It's such a massive character regression.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Wed 23 Oct 2019, 2:06 pm

@AcrosstheStars
Assuming for a minute the Leia saber stuff is all true (who knows if it is), if we’re getting in to territory again of visions/nightmares about a loved one dying, that goes back to AOTC and ROTS with Anakin’s mother and Padme’s deaths. Anakin couldn’t stop Shmi’s, and he outright caused Padme’s, because he was trying to avoid it. Would they really end the Saga with the same concept ending the exact same way?Would they really end the Saga with the same concept ending the exact same way? I.E. Leia ceasing her training to save Ben, then in the end he dies anyway? That seems hopeless and more circlejerk of “Why did they make these movies again besides money?” It would make more sense if her vision/fear was wrong.
This is a BIG one to me (as in, a big clue that something is missing). The leakers report that Leia wanted to stop her son from dying, and then basically proceed to ignore the implications of that information in terms of the events of this story as well as the story of the prequels.

Last edited by nickandnora on Wed 23 Oct 2019, 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv Wed 23 Oct 2019, 2:21 pm

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2019/10/here-we-go-again-exciting-updates-to-star-tours-the-adventures-continue/?CMP=SOC-DPFY20Q1wo1017190018A

The Death Star is not on the forest moon of Endor (which is named Endor as well). It's another (ocean this time Laughing ) moon named Kef Bir.
Geralt_Riv
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by AcrosstheStars Wed 23 Oct 2019, 2:36 pm

@rey09 That supposed stabbing scene is #2 on my list of things that would make me want to tear my hair out at this movie. The ONLY way I could see it working, is if she is somehow taken over by the dark side and Palpatine influences her. That is the spot where he “died” the first time around. It really would have made a lot more sense (to me anyway) if Palpatine was a spirit or ghost for most of this movie, not just hanging out on some other planet, still alive. Then you could have explained the Vader helmet (i.e. part of his essence was trapped in that, and that’s who Kylo talked to/got visions or whatever from) and a scene like this (other part of his essence trapped in his throne room and jumps to her, making her do something so cruel).

nickandnora wrote:@AcrosstheStars
This is a BIG one to me (as in, a big clue that something is missing). The leakers report on A) that Leia wanted to stop her son from dying, and then basically proceed to ignore the implications of that information in terms of the events of this story as well as the story of the prequels.
@nickandnora
Exactly. If something isn’t missing, you get a redux of ROTS where someone’s fear comes true anyway despite the path they chose to try and prevent it. JJ is not above recycling plots or beats, but I do have a hard time believing his send off for Leia is “Well, she was right all along and it was all hopeless anyway, so she shouldn’t have bothered to try to stop it.” Just him turning to the light doesn’t jive with her prevailing in the end, because the fear supposedly is specifically about death.

One other thing I thought of: I’ve seen other people elsewhere (and people I know IRL) say Kylo dying via falling in to a pit makes total sense because it’s a callback to Han’s death. That would make sense if he died a villain and never redeemed himself. Comeuppance of the highest order. But we’re supposed to believe that this happens shortly after a big, emotional scene with Han forgiving him and begging him to change back. That doesn’t fit narratively either. Some movies or shows do things just for shock value, so I won’t rule it out, but it doesn’t fit with the flow of the story, not if you believe at least the gist of the Han scene and Leia stopping her training leaks are true. If Han’s forgiving him and the catalyst for his turn back to the Light, he wouldn’t want to see his son fall to his death in a pit, and Leia wouldn’t wish him dead either after she tried to prevent it. If it plays as leaked, it reads as “Haha! You shouldn’t have turned back to the Light, ya dummy, because you meet your end the same way you would have as a villain!” Laughing
AcrosstheStars
AcrosstheStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Wed 23 Oct 2019, 2:43 pm

spacebaby45678 wrote:
Gemini wrote:

@nickandnora

@Spacebaby45678

It's all mirroring.
@Gemini

This!

Or

They can make Rey the protaganist of the ST, a Palpatine and have  Leia give ReyNobodyPalpy her saber.. which has NEVER been SEEN before or USED in a battle at ANY POINT in the Saga and that has meaning because Padme...

@spacebaby45678

This makes so much more sense. Even if Ben falls in the pit, but then... RISE to defeat Palps, yeah, it would be wonderful! I'm hopeful again.

Edit: I'm thinking that if they made Rey stab Kylo, they will compare the scene to GOT again. I'm not sure if this kind of comparison is good.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Wed 23 Oct 2019, 2:50 pm

@AcrosstheStars Wow that def would have worked, had she been possessed by the dark side. That's a good twist and would make it far more palatable. The other thing about this scene is how can he "die" twice? Once by rey and then another by falling into a pit "never to be seen again."??

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Wed 23 Oct 2019, 3:10 pm

Another possibility could be that he's there through the Force Bond, she stabs him but nothing happens (like Kylo stabbing Luke's projection), because they can't hurt each other through their connection (we've seen it in the first Force bond scene). So, it's not that Rey heals him, it's him not being hurt at all. I don't think it fits with the leaks though.
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next