Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

+62
Dar-ren19
PalmettoBlue
SanghaRen
Chris24601
Kylo Rey
Annwyn
OrionStars
reylo1992
Krafty
vinventure12
Kylo Men
LadyGaufrette
tukicarreno
Lily Snape
grimbergen
Moonjump05
rawpowah
MaddieDove
loversinthestorm
Saracene
whisperingwillow
Riri
nonesuch
AcrosstheStars
ZioRen
Oscarborough-fairo
Birdwoman
spacebaby45678
special_cases
rey09
Geralt_Riv
californiagirl
Cowgirlsamurai
Nyx
Mila95
nickandnora
lauvamp
Lovely_Rose
Moonlight13
12 Parsnips
Atenais
motherofpearl1
Gemini
Casper
cherrylipstick
SheLitAFire
krissy01
Marlow
Mielikki
snufkin
Armadeus
KiraRen2015
Blood Moon
reynpain
DeeBee
SW_Heroine_Journey
SkyStar
nana7marie
fuhry
Night Huntress
AhsokaTano
Teo oswald
66 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 4 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Gemini Wed 16 Oct 2019, 9:25 am

OrionStars wrote:@Gemini I don't know, I'm not sure about her costume in that scene. The leaker only said she wears a black hood. But it could be Dark Rey in D23 and it's just Kylo's wet dream

@Riri  I think technically, it isn't dark side romance because Muslim brides wear black hijab in their wedding too,  it's just the aesthetic, ehehehe
@OrionStars

Ok TY

I thought someone noticed it was Rey looking at herself?

But its pretty impossible to see from the footage.

Also..she looks possessed which would make that a tad creepy...I'm hoping it's not that scene and it's her white hood Smile
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 4 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Geralt_Riv Wed 16 Oct 2019, 9:41 am

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 4 Bezety13

You should look at his background pic. Maybe he is suggesting something there. Smile

Edit: New pic of Zorii from Entertainment Weekly:
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 4 AQ3dXIiNSAoEG5PYV5l95Xzmr97eR6m0GVjZM6s_2-g
Source
Geralt_Riv
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Wed 16 Oct 2019, 10:08 am

What leaks are they talking about?

Have there been 2 now?
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv Wed 16 Oct 2019, 10:18 am

Gemini wrote:What leaks are they talking about?

Have there been 2 now?
@Gemini

Leaks from Holy Trinity of leakers (JP, JW & BB). Laughing
Geralt_Riv
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Wed 16 Oct 2019, 10:19 am

Gemini wrote:What leaks are they talking about?

Have there been 2 now?
@Gemini

I have the same question. Which leak are they talking about? This fandom is hard, you blink for a second and lost a lot of information. XD

@Geralt_Riv Saw your last comment now. But these leaks are about the movie or the trailer?

Last edited by Atenais on Wed 16 Oct 2019, 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Wed 16 Oct 2019, 10:22 am

There's been tons of leaks from numerous places, and they don't all match, even contradicting each other and what official sources have shown and told us. What does he mean by the leaks?

Also, they aren't hammering in the yin-yang imagery for every movie, then having Rey give a spiel about balance for no reason. They'll go somewhere with it, and we'll probably get bad think pieces about how SW promotes evil and Rey is a bad role model or whatever, but oh well.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Wed 16 Oct 2019, 10:23 am

If anything it's probably the bare-bones of JP's leaks, he's the one that has no emotional context in his leaks. So basically the outline of the plot!

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry Wed 16 Oct 2019, 11:05 am

Regarding all this dark/light/grey stuff: I think that, sure, there's a good guys vs. the Nazis feel to ANH and most of TESB. But the minute Vader reveals himself as Luke's father, things get a little fuzzy. And then in ROTJ, Luke certainly flirts with the dark side and, despite Yoda and Obi-wan's insistence, Vader does redeem himself.f

In the Prequels, I think that is explored more. Obi-wan's romantic description of the Republic and the Jedi order turns out to be kind of off. They thought of themselves as good, but they got duped into embracing the dark side, by jumping in and participating in the war. This was their downfall. Every Jedi who is a main character gets swept up by the dark side to some extent, but some of them are too arrogant to realize it.

I thought the Prequels did a marvelous job of making Anakin's fall understandable, sympathetic, and a little bit ambiguous. I mean, jeez, Kylo Ren is the most grey character ever. And Rey is angry, a lot.

ROTJ ended and seemed like a classic happy ending where the good guys win. And then we pick up 35 years later and everything's gone to s*** because the victory was nowhere near complete.

At this point, to have the good guys win again, and restoring the great galactic republic and Jedi Order again would be something of an ambiguous ending - how would the viewer believe it would 'take' this time? I know that's what a lot of viewers want - the good guys win - but it's not the ending that makes the most sense.

I think they will have to somehow put an end to the cycle and I think that means no more great centralized Republic. And there's no way to use the force for political ends without it being dark. Enormous centralized governments are romanticized but they're mostly vehicles for assholes like Sidious and Snoke to cause suffering for their own amusement.
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Wed 16 Oct 2019, 11:52 am

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/dirdgf/leaks_updateclarification/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

More from Jason

Copy and pasting the summary from SorryNotSpartacus

1. ⁠Den of Nerds asks about the FOOSLS leaks from way back in April (not mentioned by name, just referred to as the leak about a Star Forge, and about Rey and Ben having a child through the Force). Note: This is a thing I only mention because I still see people wondering about it in the comments off and on. Jason says not only has he heard nothing like that but that he would not bet on it.
2. ⁠There's a scene before Finn and Poe meet with Boolio (asteroid planet) where they play holochess with Chewie.
3. ⁠Kylo's scene where he gets the mask is still in the movie as far as anyone knows.
4. ⁠Leia's last words to Rey before she departs may be "Tell me when you get back."
5. ⁠There is an alley on Kijimi, and Babu Frik brings them through this back alley and little bar in order to get to the droid ship.
6. ⁠Jason seems to misspeak here, given the persons involved, but he says that during the Kijimi force bond where Kylo realizes Rey is on his ship, the Vader helmet is transferred from whoever is near it to the person who is on planet through the force bond. This happens due to the fight they are having, when the lightsaber strikes the helmet. (Personal note: This marks two times in the film where physical objects have been teleported through the bond. Den of Nerds also seems to note this, and suggests this may be how the lightsaber travels from Rey to Ben during the KOR fight later on.)
7. ⁠Jason does not believe Han is a force ghost, but that he is a vision. He thinks it may be unclear, and does point out that while originally Rey's parents were ghosts at the end of the film, they seem to have been pulled. (Personal note: I would argue that the removal of Rey's parents may partly be to make this unclear, particularly given that China has certain rules about the presence of ghosts in films.)
8. ⁠The kiss that Jason knows about in this film is between two unnamed female Resistance fighters. "It's not a big deal. It happens, and it's just there." He also indicates that if people are hoping for a big reylo kiss, he doesn't know, which suggests that it's less that Jason's been told this is 100% the only kiss of the film. More that the only one sources indicate right now is this one. (Personal note: That said, it may well be the case that it is the only one.)
9. ⁠Jason refers to a recent finnrey rumor he heard, where Finn kept trying to say something to Rey and plot kept getting in his way. Jason's wording seems to imply it was the source's opinion that Finn was trying to express personal feelings to Rey, per the rumor as we last heard it. Jason now says that the source says what has changed in the reshoots is that Finnrose is indeed a thing, and that she does lots of small gestures in the film in order to suggest they're a couple (eg. packing his bag for him before he leaves). (Personal note: I had heard during filming that finnrose were basically an established fact. Jason doesn't bring it up here, but previous MSW reports indicate he heard the same. I believe it's much more likely that the source Jason is referring to simply is assigning a change to reshoots when the fact is they were always misinterpreting based on limited info, and now they have more.)
10. ⁠Jason also thinks Rose has bigger stuff back at the base that we just haven't heard yet.
11. ⁠Luke and Leia seem to be back as force ghosts on Tatooine.
12. ⁠Jason contrary to rumors reiterates that he does not think "and never seen again" is going to be an accurate reflection of Ben's death. Den of Nerds suggests that because of their bond Kylo may be a ghost somewhere between living and dead. Jason says it seems plausible to him, and refers to the original ROTJ ending where Anakin is essentially brought back to life by Obi Wan right before he enters the nether realm. He also later just points out the obvious: No one who has just fallen into a hole in SW has ever been dead.
13. ⁠Den of Nerds refers to the way the Paxis leaks have been reported, which seem to paint a very villainous Kylo up until his turn, and none of the romantic subtext of TLJ. He asks if Jason thinks this is accurate. Jason says not very. He discusses how Kylo clearly continues to be very attached to Rey--"he has no one else." He is a "prodigy" and Rey is the only person he's met like him. Jason repeats that for a SW film, which is very non-sexual, he finds it to be very intensely reylo/romantic that Kylo enters a situation with no hope of living, no plan, no weapon, simply to save someone he cares about deeply. He mentions the Irvin Kirshner quote that a kiss in SW is basically a sex scene, and suggests that a gesture on this level may be basically a kiss. (Though he also says that of course love does not have to be only romantic.)
14. ⁠(Personal note: Jason talks, as he has talked throughout the past several podcasts, that he feels like he is on the reylo side. He and Den of Nerds talk a lot about how the reylo community is pretty overall good, and that they have been treated very unfairly.)

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Wed 16 Oct 2019, 11:57 am

Could someone post the the
New trailer leaks?
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie Wed 16 Oct 2019, 12:07 pm

@Gemini Here you go:
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 4 745cd410
source

Alas, I don’t believe it to be true - it’s too good Razz . However, if it’s legit Stretcher

Last edited by nana7marie on Wed 16 Oct 2019, 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Censoring one more profanity I previously missed:))
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Wed 16 Oct 2019, 12:22 pm

If that trailer is real there's going to be a LOT of freaking out in a good way, and then probably in a bad way as people wonder whether the trailer showing Reylo means it's misdirection (nevermind that the "holy Reylo" scene in TLJ's trailer, AKA Kylo holding out his hand, was played pretty straight and wasn't misdirection at all).

Also, as much as the leaks bug me in the sense of Kylo's ending, Adam is going to KILL it if some of these plot points are real and with the proper emotional context. I mean, shedding his metaphorical armor and laying down his weapon to put it all on the line for Rey? Doesn't get more romantic than that. He's going to steal this film and then some!
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Wed 16 Oct 2019, 12:39 pm

Adam's totally going to murder this role, in the best way!

Still not sure how much I think Jason actually knows, and how much his sources have misled him. He's waffled back and forth on how much he agrees with JP or not, and numerous people have kind of shot down JP.

The one thing that really jumps out at me I actually do think Jason knows is Rose, that she has way more going on, and is a thing with Finn, than marketing is letting on. The filmmakers always seemed on a different plane with this character, is how I've seen it. Having said that, it probably won't get confirmed until the actual release.

I'm also questioning how much of the actual plot they're going show in a two and half minute trailer. LF has always been very different from other studios, neither the TFA or TLJ trailer really showed a clear throughline or gave away the twists. But they gave a general sense of the movie and showed relatively more scenes and characters than the teaser.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Wed 16 Oct 2019, 1:04 pm

nana7marie wrote:@Gemini Here you go:
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 4 745cd410
source

Alas, I don’t believe it to be true - it’s too good Razz . However, if it’s legit Stretcher
@nana7marie

Thank you  much!

ZioRen wrote:If that trailer is real there's going to be a LOT of freaking out in a good way, and then probably in a bad way as people wonder whether the trailer showing Reylo means it's misdirection (nevermind that the "holy Reylo" scene in TLJ's trailer, AKA Kylo holding out his hand, was played pretty straight and wasn't misdirection at all).

Also, as much as the leaks bug me in the sense of Kylo's ending, Adam is going to KILL it if some of these plot points are real and with the proper emotional context. I mean, shedding his metaphorical armor and laying down his weapon to put it all on the line for Rey? Doesn't get more romantic than that. He's going to steal this film and then some!
@ZioRen

You know what I notice, the teaser trailers always seem to be more true to the overall movie than the second ones.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Wed 16 Oct 2019, 1:23 pm

New Image of Zorri, seems like she is talking to Poe
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 4 EHAnDTKWsAA0BzA?format=jpg&name=large

Last edited by spacebaby45678 on Wed 16 Oct 2019, 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Wed 16 Oct 2019, 1:25 pm

The circular thingy Zorri has looks like the thing on the back of Cp30's head... memory? Got this from twiiter

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 4 EHAZS9bXkAAr1w9?format=png&name=small
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv Wed 16 Oct 2019, 1:42 pm

spacebaby45678 wrote:New Image of Zorri
@spacebaby45678
Not any more...  Laughing
It was one page ago. lol!
Geralt_Riv
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Wed 16 Oct 2019, 1:54 pm

Geralt_Riv wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:New Image of Zorri
@spacebaby45678
Not any more...  Laughing
It was one page ago. lol!
@Geralt_Riv

So sorry I missed your post...
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 4 Giphy

Last edited by spacebaby45678 on Wed 16 Oct 2019, 2:25 pm; edited 5 times in total
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv Wed 16 Oct 2019, 1:59 pm

@spacebaby45678
You don't have to be sorry. I was just making fun of it. Smile

Last edited by Geralt_Riv on Wed 16 Oct 2019, 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Geralt_Riv
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Wed 16 Oct 2019, 2:18 pm

Lol that trailer sounds good if true, perhaps the scene where Kylo leans is the one where he is removes the necklace from Rey? Anyway sexual tension lvl 10000
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Wed 16 Oct 2019, 2:22 pm

Riri wrote:https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/dirdgf/leaks_updateclarification/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

More from Jason

Copy and pasting the summary from SorryNotSpartacus

1. ⁠Den of Nerds asks about the FOOSLS leaks from way back in April (not mentioned by name, just referred to as the leak about a Star Forge, and about Rey and Ben having a child through the Force). Note: This is a thing I only mention because I still see people wondering about it in the comments off and on. Jason says not only has he heard nothing like that but that he would not bet on it.
2. ⁠There's a scene before Finn and Poe meet with Boolio (asteroid planet) where they play holochess with Chewie.
3. ⁠Kylo's scene where he gets the mask is still in the movie as far as anyone knows.
4. ⁠Leia's last words to Rey before she departs may be "Tell me when you get back."
5. ⁠There is an alley on Kijimi, and Babu Frik brings them through this back alley and little bar in order to get to the droid ship.
6. ⁠Jason seems to misspeak here, given the persons involved, but he says that during the Kijimi force bond where Kylo realizes Rey is on his ship, the Vader helmet is transferred from whoever is near it to the person who is on planet through the force bond. This happens due to the fight they are having, when the lightsaber strikes the helmet. (Personal note: This marks two times in the film where physical objects have been teleported through the bond. Den of Nerds also seems to note this, and suggests this may be how the lightsaber travels from Rey to Ben during the KOR fight later on.)
7. ⁠Jason does not believe Han is a force ghost, but that he is a vision. He thinks it may be unclear, and does point out that while originally Rey's parents were ghosts at the end of the film, they seem to have been pulled. (Personal note: I would argue that the removal of Rey's parents may partly be to make this unclear, particularly given that China has certain rules about the presence of ghosts in films.)
8. ⁠The kiss that Jason knows about in this film is between two unnamed female Resistance fighters. "It's not a big deal. It happens, and it's just there." He also indicates that if people are hoping for a big reylo kiss, he doesn't know, which suggests that it's less that Jason's been told this is 100% the only kiss of the film. More that the only one sources indicate right now is this one. (Personal note: That said, it may well be the case that it is the only one.)
9. ⁠Jason refers to a recent finnrey rumor he heard, where Finn kept trying to say something to Rey and plot kept getting in his way. Jason's wording seems to imply it was the source's opinion that Finn was trying to express personal feelings to Rey, per the rumor as we last heard it. Jason now says that the source says what has changed in the reshoots is that Finnrose is indeed a thing, and that she does lots of small gestures in the film in order to suggest they're a couple (eg. packing his bag for him before he leaves). (Personal note: I had heard during filming that finnrose were basically an established fact. Jason doesn't bring it up here, but previous MSW reports indicate he heard the same. I believe it's much more likely that the source Jason is referring to simply is assigning a change to reshoots when the fact is they were always misinterpreting based on limited info, and now they have more.)
10. ⁠Jason also thinks Rose has bigger stuff back at the base that we just haven't heard yet.
11. ⁠Luke and Leia seem to be back as force ghosts on Tatooine.
12. ⁠Jason contrary to rumors reiterates that he does not think "and never seen again" is going to be an accurate reflection of Ben's death. Den of Nerds suggests that because of their bond Kylo may be a ghost somewhere between living and dead. Jason says it seems plausible to him, and refers to the original ROTJ ending where Anakin is essentially brought back to life by Obi Wan right before he enters the nether realm. He also later just points out the obvious: No one who has just fallen into a hole in SW has ever been dead.
13. ⁠Den of Nerds refers to the way the Paxis leaks have been reported, which seem to paint a very villainous Kylo up until his turn, and none of the romantic subtext of TLJ. He asks if Jason thinks this is accurate. Jason says not very. He discusses how Kylo clearly continues to be very attached to Rey--"he has no one else." He is a "prodigy" and Rey is the only person he's met like him. Jason repeats that for a SW film, which is very non-sexual, he finds it to be very intensely reylo/romantic that Kylo enters a situation with no hope of living, no plan, no weapon, simply to save someone he cares about deeply. He mentions the Irvin Kirshner quote that a kiss in SW is basically a sex scene, and suggests that a gesture on this level may be basically a kiss. (Though he also says that of course love does not have to be only romantic.)
14. ⁠(Personal note: Jason talks, as he has talked throughout the past several podcasts, that he feels like he is on the reylo side. He and Den of Nerds talk a lot about how the reylo community is pretty overall good, and that they have been treated very unfairly.)
@Riri

Is it me or like is Jason saying that there is a lot of changes? Is this normal?
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Wed 16 Oct 2019, 2:44 pm

LOL omg if that reylo scene is in the trailer....nuts! It's so sexual tho I would be very surprised and not really believing it....
even if it did happen it might still be a vision. However as with last year, kylo hand scene was a misdirect for that scene, yet we got a better hand scene.

I think that whenever dark rey/rey palpatine connection unfolds, Kylo will be back to Ben by then. Because she may be struggling and she would need a light sided force to help her emotionally against palpatine.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Wed 16 Oct 2019, 2:48 pm

Wanted to share, because it is kinda related, or will be... Very Happy Smile

It's an interesting and amusing animated short - about 6 minutes long - by the director of Shazam! (David Sandberg)

SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv Wed 16 Oct 2019, 4:50 pm

TIE Whisper in action! Very Happy
Geralt_Riv
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Wed 16 Oct 2019, 9:48 pm

Hi all, I don’t want to be spoiled for the trailer- so I’m going to skip this thread till it’s out. I want to see it without someone already deciding what something is, what’s happening etc. I want fresh eyes!
Leaks are just plain annoying me now and that’s never good. SW is for fun!   sunny

Edited to add: just had a quick look at allegiance comic issue 2- they have not held back showing evil Kylo... just warning some folks here...
I’ll head to takodana woods to discuss when I have time- okay! Leaving this thread! Eek!

Last edited by DeeBee on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 2:47 am; edited 1 time in total
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next