Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

+58
unicorn
TheLastJedi
Krafty
Socialnole
Blood Moon
Nyx
Chris24601
nonesuch
EchoBase
Moonjump05
Forsythia
whisperingwillow
cherrylipstick
vinventure12
Dar-ren19
Armadeus
Mana
SoloSideCousin
Lily Snape
KiraRen2015
Geralt_Riv
motherofpearl1
FrolickingFizzgig
Mila95
MaddieDove
vaderito
Kylo Rey
olyer
Kyla Ren
Kylo Men
snufkin
Atenais
spacebaby45678
SW_Heroine_Journey
Gemini
Moonlight13
rawpowah
nana7marie
Lovely_Rose
AhsokaTano
SkyStar
Night Huntress
Casper
OrionStars
Teo oswald
SanghaRen
PalmettoBlue
special_cases
rey09
californiagirl
AcrosstheStars
Cowgirlsamurai
Saracene
Riri
nickandnora
ZioRen
lauvamp
fuhry
62 posters

Page 23 of 42 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 32 ... 42  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 23 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Gemini Tue 19 Nov 2019, 9:32 am

Atenais wrote:

Same here. And let me just tell how I love when Adam talks about the movie. His words are always so thoughtful, so perceptive. (You probably saw the video from Colbert Show). Let Adam talk about SW from now on!!!

Also, lets pray: "Yet Abrams says fans still don’t really know anything. “The [trailers] that have come out are scratching the surface of what the movie is,” the famously spoiler-averse director says." (From the interview to EW here).
@Atenais

LOL, he thinks.

I think smaller communities like Reylo have figured a lot out...and I mean a LOT and he has not noticed.

He's also not banking on certain other things spotted but that's just my opinion.

Last edited by Gemini on Tue 19 Nov 2019, 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 23 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by nickandnora Tue 19 Nov 2019, 9:37 am

Teo oswald wrote:Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 23 A641a53efda9338c5c7fc8796b57ee0bfcf47c9c

ohhhhhhh

Abrams sees [Rey and Kylo] as ‘two halves of the same coin,’ noting, ‘even when they’re not together they still haunt each other in a way – they know they are each other’s unresolved business.’”

—JJ Abrams on Reylo in Entertainment Weekly, November 2019
@Teo oswald

Echoes of Jane and Rochester there, that.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Tue 19 Nov 2019, 9:44 am

nickandnora wrote:
Teo oswald wrote:Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 23 A641a53efda9338c5c7fc8796b57ee0bfcf47c9c

ohhhhhhh

Abrams sees [Rey and Kylo] as ‘two halves of the same coin,’ noting, ‘even when they’re not together they still haunt each other in a way – they know they are each other’s unresolved business.’”

—JJ Abrams on Reylo in Entertainment Weekly, November 2019
@Teo oswald

Echoes of Jane and Rochester there, that.
@nickandnora

Echoes of lots of Byronic heroes, if you ask me. And how unfair it is to have this fabulous hair.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Tue 19 Nov 2019, 9:49 am

The parents thing is not satisfied — for her and for the audience. That’s something she’s still trying to figure out — where does she come from?”

— Daisy Ridley
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Tue 19 Nov 2019, 10:26 am

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 23 Scene020
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 23 Scene019

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 23 7ba7db0508470119c67e4bb56f18f6afb82caaf6

I want to know what will happen!!!!! Surprised
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Tue 19 Nov 2019, 10:27 am

@Teo oswald

Looks like they switch around after the fight..so they stop fighting. That matches the leaks right?
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Tue 19 Nov 2019, 10:30 am

Seems like they are actively moving on this platform while fighting/talking. Maybe disaperring/reoperring via Force Bond. Maybe Rey does her special trick aka sky walking like on Pasaana.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 19 Nov 2019, 11:14 am

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 23 EJwFQOxXsAE_1j7

It's literally the Han and Leia line about how "No matter how hard we fought, I always hated to see you leave," "That's why I did it, so you'd miss me."
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Tue 19 Nov 2019, 11:20 am

This day is killing me Shocked I love you

@snufkin

That shot is gorgeous!
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 19 Nov 2019, 11:29 am

@Cowgirlsamurai And here I was prepared to pester you about the Japanese language media because I figured it'd just be more honest about the story, hahaha.  All of the shots today and discussion about the film stock they used on this production, it seems like JJ was inspired by the cinematography and use of color theory from TLJ's cinematography and ran with it. Here's the full clip, she's definitely leaving and he's trying to stop her from going

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 23 25d69a8f9db21e5de63d0dc000efabb241eccc09

As for the quotes from JJ and Daisy about Rey, I saw Fizz's comment upthread and that's literally the point. She has to figure out her sh*t, including what drove her parents to the point of a tragedy. Which, huh, not so coincidentally is also what Ben has to unpack and resolve within his own arc. But she's going to have to deal with everything she's repressed inside of herself in order to survive life on Jakku and get it out/have catharsis before she can move on with her life. That's the point of what they're saying about her. Which not coincidentally given the Jane Eyre comments also in regards to the photos - her real moments of growth are when she leaves Thornfield Hall and is able to stand as her own person, not as somebody's ward/servant/love interest.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Tue 19 Nov 2019, 11:52 am

..in the new footage she is looking at Vader's sith?

We know she smashes this podium and looks in there in the trailer

What would be in there, Rey? What are you looking for that would be amongst Vader's things?
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Tue 19 Nov 2019, 11:59 am

snufkin wrote:Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 23 EJwFQOxXsAE_1j7

It's literally the Han and Leia line about how "No matter how hard we fought, I always hated to see you leave," "That's why I did it, so you'd miss me."
@snufkin

"Look back. Look back at me."

Points to whoever knows what that is from and is FEELING it from Kylo's facial expression.

Gorgeous shot.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Tue 19 Nov 2019, 11:59 am

@snufkin

This morning as part of Adam’s birthday wishes Star Wars Japan tweeted, “What fate is awaiting Rey and Kylo...?! Find out at the theater!” That kind of thing is not teased when one half of a will-they-won’t-they romantic duo is going to die, lol.
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Tue 19 Nov 2019, 12:01 pm

Who let Rey go? Isn't that part of the script at Galaxies edge?
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Tue 19 Nov 2019, 12:03 pm

Those new images are phenomenal. Kylo with the good guys? Unmasked in every picture? Return of the Floof Hair? Finn with Jannah? Rose in anything? We finally got an actual shot of Pryde (looking very sour)? Yes please, all of this please.

Anyone know where Hux is? But like JJ says, they've only shown us bits of this very long and very secretive movie. They've shown us this much already, my gosh, imagine what they must be hiding.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Tue 19 Nov 2019, 12:04 pm

pt 2

Ridley continues, hinting at Rey’s continued effort to uncover any and all secrets about who she is — a journey she began in Star Wars: Episode VIII – The Last Jedi. Per Ridley: “It’s not that she doesn’t believe it, but she feels there’s more to the story. And she needs to figure out what’s come before so she can figure out what to do next…”

From Collider

Rey’s parents have been a touchy subject in this final Skywalker trilogy, especially because it’s been unclear just how much the movies want us to care about them. There have been moments when it felt like an open-and-shut case, like when Kylo Ren sneered at Rey during a heated conversation they were “filthy junk traders [who] sold you off for drinking money.” We even see flashbacks of Rey being left on Jakku as a ship flies off in Star Wars: Episode VII – The Force Awakens. But the explanations for why this final trilogy hasn’t actually declared whether or not Rey’s past is actually a factor in her behavior or predictor of her path going forward have been lacking, leaving fans to try and put the pieces together

Part of Rey’s journey involves solving the mystery of her identity. Well, again. Kylo revealed in The Last Jedi that Rey’s parents are deceased nobodies, “filthy junk traders [who] sold you off for drinking money.” The line embraced the idea that a hero doesn’t need to come from somebody special in order to be somebody special. Yet many fans called foul as the trilogy has teased Rey’s identity as being crucial information from the start (“Classified?” Rey echoed back to BB-8 during her debut sequence. “Me too. Big secret”).

“The parents thing is not satisfied — for her and for the audience,” Ridley says. “That’s something she’s still trying to figure out — where does she come from?”

It’s unclear if Abrams has made a course correction to Last Jedi writer-director Rian Johnson’s plan or there was always more to say about Rey’s parentage. Either way, wasn’t the Episode VIII scene supposed to be sincere?

Last edited by spacebaby45678 on Tue 19 Nov 2019, 12:28 pm; edited 3 times in total
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 19 Nov 2019, 12:06 pm

@nickandnora

I get the reference even though I've never watched that series but it's also 100% "haunt me, then! The murdered do haunt their murderers. I believe — I know that ghosts have wandered on earth. Be with me always — take any form — drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you! Oh, God! it is unutterable! I cannot live without my life! I cannot live without my soul!”

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 23 Ros_8410

Poor baby, Rey ditches him yet again ("No matter how hard we fought, I always hated to see you leave," "That's why I did it, so you'd miss me.") and he's got to turn around and face the rest of the FO, probably starting with Hux making his "who farted?" face.

@Cowgirlsamurai That's the type of cross-cultural perspective I appreciate you sharing with me! I mean, the question hasn't ever been Will They Or Won't They, but How Will They? Which uh, the How? part is also about how Rey figures out her sh*t in regards to what happened with her parents, what drove them to self-destruct, and how to move on with her life. That's something Rian alluded to in his press for TLJ about figuring out what parts of the past to honor/carry with you and what parts to leave behind.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Tue 19 Nov 2019, 12:18 pm

New Kylo Ren/Ben Galaxy of Adventures

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vinventure12 Tue 19 Nov 2019, 12:18 pm

Do the leaks say something about Rey getting on whatever ship Kylo is on and seeing Vader's mask? I can't remember. Even so, I think it would be cool if their bond was maturing very quickly at the start of this movie and allowed them to physically manifest where the other person was at. Almost like teleportation, but will need the bond to do it. I just envision in my head that her and Kylo are fighting and somehow she accidentally manifests where he's at, causing her to become trapped on his ship. Something like this could be utilized by both Rey and Ben for the fight against Palps. IDK. Just a crack theory. Teleportation was rumored to have happened ages ago in Star Wars material, but specifics of how to do it were lost.
vinventure12
vinventure12
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Tue 19 Nov 2019, 12:35 pm

The only official sources who seem to actually understand and respect Rey and Kylo's relationship: Rian Johnson, JJ Abrams, Adam Driver, Star Wars Japan. Laughing
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by cherrylipstick Tue 19 Nov 2019, 12:38 pm

Wow this is a great day! Adam's birthday really brought luck  Laughing  
So many unexpected pictures and they are all beautiful!

The cover, Ben with the good guys and finally without the mask!  H-beating
Glorious hair are back and Kylo looks really handsome in these pics, even with the sad puppy eyes  Cry
cherrylipstick
cherrylipstick

https://cherrylipstick85.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Tue 19 Nov 2019, 2:36 pm

Daisy uses the word toxic while talking about Reylo again. Video here.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by whisperingwillow Tue 19 Nov 2019, 2:49 pm

@Atenais that is the quote from a while ago in video form.

That being said I’m not bothered by it especially when you hear her voice and how she is describing the discussion around it.
whisperingwillow
whisperingwillow

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Tue 19 Nov 2019, 3:25 pm

Yes, the way Daisy describes it seems to be referring to the conversation around Reylo, not whatever her or the filmmakers' feelings are about it.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Tue 19 Nov 2019, 3:33 pm

Gemini wrote:..in the new footage she is looking at Vader's sith?

We know she smashes this podium and looks in there in the trailer

What would be in there, Rey? What are you looking for that would be amongst Vader's things?
@Gemini
She is looking at Vader's mask. It's a super intimate scene if you ask me. It's the visual representation of what happens between them in the interrogation as Rey is coming physically face-to-face with the black hole in Ben Solo, and it's just this disfigured relic that he's treating as some symbol of his self-worth. I absolutely love this idea with all my being and I'm thrilled JJ went there. Rey is even sneaking into his private room/mind, and there it is at the center of everything just like it was when she saw it the first time in his head.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 23 OGTJhX

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 23 88bbae89305f582739c8329c760bf9aa68d5febb

The confrontation ends with Rey smashing the stand and Ben running after her. She clearly pauses and doesn't want to look back at him, but the tension even in that tiny clip! Wow!
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 42 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 32 ... 42  Next