Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

+58
unicorn
TheLastJedi
Krafty
Socialnole
Blood Moon
Nyx
Chris24601
nonesuch
EchoBase
Moonjump05
Forsythia
whisperingwillow
cherrylipstick
vinventure12
Dar-ren19
Armadeus
Mana
SoloSideCousin
Lily Snape
KiraRen2015
Geralt_Riv
motherofpearl1
FrolickingFizzgig
Mila95
MaddieDove
vaderito
Kylo Rey
olyer
Kyla Ren
Kylo Men
snufkin
Atenais
spacebaby45678
SW_Heroine_Journey
Gemini
Moonlight13
rawpowah
nana7marie
Lovely_Rose
AhsokaTano
SkyStar
Night Huntress
Casper
OrionStars
Teo oswald
SanghaRen
PalmettoBlue
special_cases
rey09
californiagirl
AcrosstheStars
Cowgirlsamurai
Saracene
Riri
nickandnora
ZioRen
lauvamp
fuhry
62 posters

Page 4 of 42 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23 ... 42  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 4 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by ZioRen Tue 05 Nov 2019, 4:42 pm

After all the bullsh*t I'll be mad if Finn doesn't get with Rose. The people who were so ugly about Rose and KMT don't deserve to get anything they want. I want them to choke on that bitter (to them) pill.

I do question the people insisting it means FinnRey is on the table, though. In this excerpt, Finn was full on confused by just the idea of that. Which is...also weird and somewhat inconsistent. The guy asked her if she had a boyfriend very shortly after they met.

Last edited by ZioRen on Tue 05 Nov 2019, 4:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 4 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Riri Tue 05 Nov 2019, 4:44 pm

That excerpt kind of read like fanfiction. I feel like they really want to build Finn/Rose in a realistic way so they’re adding a bit of angst. Imo a compelling love story needs angst and trials/tribulations. I think their relationship will grow with more feelings. Also, the majority of the GA will not read Resistance Reborn, most people think Rose is Finns love interest. They can’t re-explain “just friends” in TROS. By the time TROS rolls out there will probably be a lot of pining and they’ll probs end up together by the end.

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie Tue 05 Nov 2019, 5:40 pm

Moonlight13 wrote:
AhsokaTano wrote:Hey all , spoiler from new Resistance Reborn book :
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/drt0pn/finns_and_roses_romance/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf
This now means we could get Finn Rey or Finn Poe or everyone is friend zoned ....

Ps/ there’s more in this book as a major major character from bloodline novel joins the resistance. Could this character be played by Matt Smith ? ( hint - he was a good friend of Leia’s in the senate but he betrayed her ( he outed her as Vader’s daughter ) and is few years older than Ben Solo .

All this could change the dynamics for TROS
@AhsokaTano
I disagree about Finn and Rey. Finn was puzzled by the concept, in my opinion that means it didn't even cross his mind, and then he clearly states that they're just friends.
@Moonlight13

Agreed - Finn’s surprised Poe thinks that there might be something between him and Rey = there’s nothing.

ZioRen wrote:I do question the people insisting it means FinnRey is on the table, though. In this excerpt, Finn was full on confused by just the idea of that. Which is...also weird and somewhat inconsistent. The guy asked her if she had a boyfriend very shortly after they met.
@ZioRen

I guess he’s moved on by now hence his confusion Lolilol

Riri wrote:That excerpt kind of read like fanfiction. I feel like they really want to build Finn/Rose in a realistic way so they’re adding a bit of angst. Imo a compelling love story needs angst and trials/tribulations. I think their relationship will grow with more feelings. Also, the majority of the GA will not read Resistance Reborn, most people think Rose is Finns love interest. They can’t re-explain “just friends” in TROS. By the time TROS rolls out there will probably be a lot of pining and they’ll probs end up together by the end.
@Riri

Approves
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars Tue 05 Nov 2019, 6:27 pm

@spacebaby45678 I fully understand your concern, and I've also studied the box office analysis long enough to understand that TLJ's box office outcome isn't great like some people think (TLJ had a weak leg, weak multiplier, which directly resulted in boosting Jumanji's box office achievement), but since JJ had publicly said "f*ck it" and stated that he was determined to do whatever he wanted and didn't want to cater to anyone, now I don't know what to expect, and honestly the leaks definitely sounds like JJ is screaming "f*ck it" all over again in the background, LMAO.  LFL is really naive if they think losing leg, multiplier and the hype bandwagon to other movies, empty seats at the Galaxy's Edge, lower sales of merchandise are the only big problems, I can't wait to see the typhoon of international outrage and backlash coming at them after they let a grown woman like Rey steal the Skywalker's identity while that family is brutally killed and sidelined and insult the audience's intelligence by sugarcoating it as "adopts herself", mwahaha.
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue Tue 05 Nov 2019, 6:50 pm

nana7marie wrote:
Moonlight13 wrote:
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/drt0pn/finns_and_roses_romance/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf
This now means we could get Finn Rey or Finn Poe or everyone is friend zoned ....

Ps/ there’s more in this book as a major major character from bloodline novel joins the resistance. Could this character be played by Matt Smith ? ( hint - he was a good friend of Leia’s in the senate but he betrayed her ( he outed her as Vader’s daughter ) and is few years older than Ben Solo .

@AhsokaTano
I disagree about Finn and Rey. Finn was puzzled by the concept, in my opinion that means it didn't even cross his mind, and then he clearly states that they're just friends.
@Moonlight13

Agreed - Finn’s surprised Poe thinks that there might be something between him and Rey = there’s nothing.

ZioRen wrote:I do question the people insisting it means FinnRey is on the table, though. In this excerpt, Finn was full on confused by just the idea of that. Which is...also weird and somewhat inconsistent. The guy asked her if she had a boyfriend very shortly after they met.
@ZioRen

I guess he’s moved on by now hence his confusion Lolilol

Riri wrote:That excerpt kind of read like fanfiction. I feel like they really want to build Finn/Rose in a realistic way so they’re adding a bit of angst. Imo a compelling love story needs angst and trials/tribulations. I think their relationship will grow with more feelings. Also, the majority of the GA will not read Resistance Reborn, most people think Rose is Finns love interest. They can’t re-explain “just friends” in TROS. By the time TROS rolls out there will probably be a lot of pining and they’ll probs end up together by the end.
@Riri

Approves
@nana7marie

I read the book, so if y’all have any specific questions or want my unvarnished opinion, I’ll share.
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Tue 05 Nov 2019, 7:00 pm

ZioRen wrote:After all the bullsh*t I'll be mad if Finn doesn't get with Rose. The people who were so ugly about Rose and KMT don't deserve to get anything they want. I want them to choke on that bitter (to them) pill.

I do question the people insisting it means FinnRey is on the table, though. In this excerpt, Finn was full on confused by just the idea of that. Which is...also weird and somewhat inconsistent. The guy asked her if she had a boyfriend very shortly after they met.
@ZioRen

Yes, I'm with you. These people were so distasteful to KMT that I want them to get nothing.

In other hand, I don't think that SW should be as these soap-operas where everybody gets married in the last episode. This is so cliche. And TBH, I never felt Finn and Rose had any chemistry.

About the storm-pilot, the idea would be very nice if it was their real purpose since the beginning. But this couple started just because people like to ship yaoi couples nowadays (I believe yaoi/slash couples are the most famous on Tumblr).
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars Tue 05 Nov 2019, 7:19 pm

Atenais wrote:
ZioRen wrote:After all the bullsh*t I'll be mad if Finn doesn't get with Rose. The people who were so ugly about Rose and KMT don't deserve to get anything they want. I want them to choke on that bitter (to them) pill.

@ZioRen

Yes, I'm with you. These people were so distasteful to KMT that I want them to get nothing.

In other hand, I don't think that SW should be as these soap-operas where everybody gets married in the last episode. This is so cliche. And TBH, I never felt Finn and Rose had any chemistry.

About the storm-pilot, the idea would be very nice if it was their real purpose since the beginning. But this couple started just because people like to ship yaoi couples nowadays (I believe yaoi/slash couples are the most famous on Tumblr).
@Atenais

I've got an idea, since Oscar Isaac was the one who started the whole queerbaiting train and has always tried to portray Poe as a thirty **** with lustful eyes when he's around Boyega's character, then why don't just let Poe have a polyamorous relationship with Finn and Rose. I think Isaac won't mind it, furthermore, Hollywood already showed polyamorous "families" in their modern TV series.
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Wed 06 Nov 2019, 2:39 am

I didn’t care much for Finn/Rose dynamic in TLJ, outside of their very first scene which was rather cute and felt like there was more of give-and-take and less of Rose just talking at Finn. But if their relationship gets scrapped in the last film and they have no meaningful interactions, it’s going to make their story in TLJ feel like even more of a needless detour.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Wed 06 Nov 2019, 3:25 am

@PalmettoBlue
I haven’t read the book yet( but will do) as am currently reading The Force Collector by Kevin Shinick ( will post some thoughts in the books thread) .I think it’s heading towards someone is a Kenobi big time in TROS from what I’ve read so far ( though haven’t finished it )as it’s really highlighting that the two - Skywalker and Kenobi are like one unit together ( but we shall see).
Anyway going back to the leaks of Resistance Reborn they were on Reddit - it just adds to the drama no doubt . It’s a war situation so the relationships will be up and down. We don’t know what the endgame is. I hope Rose isn’t sidelined .
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Wed 06 Nov 2019, 9:05 am

Finn and Rose relationship status as of Resistance Reborn :

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 4 K36i5ihv3sw31

Just friends...really ?? Rolling Eyes
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Wed 06 Nov 2019, 9:15 am

AhsokaTano wrote:@PalmettoBlue
I haven’t read the book yet( but will do) as am currently reading The Force Collector by Kevin Shinick ( will post some thoughts in the books thread) .I think it’s heading towards someone is a Kenobi big time in TROS from what I’ve read so far ( though haven’t finished it )as it’s really highlighting that the two - Skywalker and Kenobi are like one unit together ( but we shall see).
Anyway going back to the leaks of Resistance Reborn they were on Reddit - it just adds to the drama no doubt . It’s a war situation so the relationships will be up and down. We don’t know what the endgame is. I hope Rose isn’t sidelined .
@AhsokaTano

The part that I bolded jumped out!

Hope @Gemini @spacebaby45678 see it as well. Smile Very Happy

My preference is Rey Nobody, yet if she is related to anyone, I hope it's Kenobi. In addition, with the Disney+ series, it is combined synergy so it makes sense from a business angle- most obvious, Obi Wan is a popular character, himself, then if he's Rey grandfather (or great grandfather, maybe great great? haha), and the source of Ben's name, it's like a lottery slot machine. lol
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Wed 06 Nov 2019, 12:12 pm

@SW_Heroine_Journey
Very Happy Am a big fan of Rey Kenobi so would love this to be endgame but obviously don’t know what the plan is but it’s interesting how there are so many connections Smile
I put some spoilers in for The force Collector by Kevin Shinick with excerpts ( as am halfway through the book) in the Takodana woods section of the forum ( general discussion on canon books /comics ) if you’re interested. Smile
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Wed 06 Nov 2019, 12:16 pm

Naomi is in here, and there's a picture with a caption much further down about how she gets a cool backstory in TROS. Don't get my hopes up for the escaped stormtrooper story, I want it so much. Also says she doesn't want to be typecast as sassy, so I presume Jannah isn't? Interesting then when she says she would be down to play a live-action Tiana from Princess & the Frog, I considered her sort of sassy.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lists/next-gen-talent-2019-hollywoods-rising-young-stars-revealed-1250276
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Wed 06 Nov 2019, 12:22 pm

Reason number 2 million why rey palpatine is a lie.

Palpatine uses the heros lie (believed misconception about themself or the world) and weakness(Achilles heel) against them to turn them to the dark side, fully. What's more?

Palpatine lies to trigger them into darkness

Anakins lie and weakness was that he could save padme from death. Palpatine: "you killed your wife and babies in your anger"

Reys lie is that she genuinely thinks she is a no one and has no meaningful place in this story. Palpatine "heres a kicker...you're my grand daughter"

Kylo will bring the truth.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Wed 06 Nov 2019, 12:48 pm

AhsokaTano wrote:@SW_Heroine_Journey
Very Happy Am a big fan of Rey Kenobi so would love this to be endgame but obviously don’t know what the plan is but it’s interesting how there are so many connections Smile
I put some spoilers in for The force Collector by Kevin Shinick with excerpts ( as am halfway through the book) in the Takodana woods section of the forum ( general discussion on canon books /comics ) if you’re interested. Smile
@AhsokaTano

I am OK with the theory, yet one thing that I think eek - if she is Rey Kenobi, what is the speculation on how she became an orphan/scavenger on Jakku? I am guessing the original plan was she was in a loving family, yet because of tragedy (I am guessing Mandalore, so awesome, she is Mandalorian in heritage, if this is true - not only that, Mandalorian royalty) - with Satine dying and Obi Wan not knowing, or needing to protect her because he was in danger...she was placed with people who it was thought they could be trusted...but couldn't? i.e. her adopted family were the dead drunks? Interested in your guess. Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Wed 06 Nov 2019, 1:25 pm

@AhsokaTano

Wait, major character from Bloodline, you mean Ransolm Casterfo?? I love him, really love him, but I fail to see what his presence in the last movie will bring outside of a nice easter egg for the readers who loved him. And his fate was left uncertain at the end of Bloodline.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue Wed 06 Nov 2019, 3:08 pm

SanghaRen wrote:

@AhsokaTano

Wait, major character from Bloodline, you mean Ransolm Casterfo?? I love him, really love him, but I fail to see what his presence in the last movie will bring outside of a nice easter egg for the readers who loved him. And his fate was left uncertain at the end of Bloodline.
@SanghaRen
Spoiler for Resistance Reborn:

Did the tags work?
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Wed 06 Nov 2019, 6:25 pm

So according to Todd Fisher, the original version of IX was going to have Leia wielding a lightsaber. She was going to be the last Jedi, the big payoff, not Rey and Kylo? The author frames the shift away from that as unfortunate. They have eight minutes of footage they reverse-engineered, but Todd still seems thrilled with it.

I know people were having discussions about Leia's potential saber, but as something she once had, not something to actively use. Neither TFA nor TLJ gave older characters glory saber moments, Luke was all in projection and flashback.

I almost put this on the Colin thread. I need to know everything about his time at LF and his scripts because it's endlessly entertaining and also makes me grateful for what we're actually getting.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/details-of-carrie-fishers-rise-of-skywalker-role-revealed-210514180.html

There's a poll about if Luke or Leia should be the last jedi, and I'm like... not Kylo? Or Rey? Or it's not the end at all?
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars Wed 06 Nov 2019, 10:34 pm

californiagirl wrote:So according to Todd Fisher, the original version of IX was going to have Leia wielding a lightsaber. She was going to be the last Jedi, the big payoff, not Rey and Kylo? The author frames the shift away from that as unfortunate. They have eight minutes of footage they reverse-engineered, but Todd still seems thrilled with it.

I know people were having discussions about Leia's potential saber, but as something she once had, not something to actively use. Neither TFA nor TLJ gave older characters glory saber moments, Luke was all in projection and flashback.

I almost put this on the Colin thread. I need to know everything about his time at LF and his scripts because it's endlessly entertaining and also makes me grateful for what we're actually getting.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/details-of-carrie-fishers-rise-of-skywalker-role-revealed-210514180.html

There's a poll about if Luke or Leia should be the last jedi, and I'm like... not Kylo? Or Rey? Or it's not the end at all?
@californiagirl

I believe Todd, he was also honest when he spoiled that Carrie will appear in TROS https://deadline.com/2017/04/carrie-fisher-appearring-star-wars-episode-ix-brother-reveals-1202065614/

while KK outrightly lied to us and the media that Carrie's last appearance was in TLJ.
https://deadline.com/2017/04/star-wars-carrie-fisher-episode-ix-kathleen-kennedy-lucasfilm-1202070392/

I guess the original plan was to make a trilogy for Leia, the PT was about the father, the OT was about the son and the ST would be about the daughter of the Skywalker.
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Thu 07 Nov 2019, 5:02 am

Okay.. picked this up from Star Wars Explained video on Easter eggs in Resistance Reborn

" Leia sees Rey is close to something in the force but that it would have to be someone else to get her there gee who could that someone else be?"

cues pic of Kylo
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 4 0_Star-Wars-The-Rise-of-Skywalker
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Thu 07 Nov 2019, 6:18 am

@californiagirl

@OrionStars

Spoiler:
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Thu 07 Nov 2019, 6:22 am

spacebaby45678 wrote:Okay.. picked this up from Star Wars Explained video on Easter eggs in Resistance Reborn

" Leia sees Rey is close to something in the force but that it would have to be someone else to get her there gee who could that someone else be?"

cues pic of Kylo
@spacebaby45678

The second saber kylo brings?

I honestly dont think its leias.

There is much more to be gained in terms of revealing plot points m, and tying the saga together if it is Obi Wans legendary saber.

I think people have muddled the script with that other director with JJs..JJ had kylo clearly pick up obi wans saber in TFA teaser.

REy palpatine is a Lie Palpatine is telling rey to deter her from finding the truth and defeating him, hes using her weakness to make her dark. Palpatine lies all the time, he lied to anakin to turn him by using his weakness against him, telling him he murdered his wife and kids. Reys weakeness is her belief that she is nothing and nobody with no place . Its about time kylo made it up to her by giving her the truth and telling her what her true place is. Once and for all. Kylo holds the key.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 4 E059e010

If this is obi wans saber. It means Rey Kenobi was always end game in JJs story. Always.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Thu 07 Nov 2019, 6:40 am

Gemini wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:Okay.. picked this up from Star Wars Explained video on Easter eggs in Resistance Reborn

cues pic of Kylo
@spacebaby45678

There is much more to be gained in terms of revealing plot points m, and tying the saga together if it is Obi Wans legendary saber.

I think people have muddled the script with that other director with JJs..JJ had kylo clearly pick up obi wans saber in TFA teaser.

REy palpatine is a Lie Palpatine is telling rey to deter her from finding the truth and defeating him, hes using her weakness to make her dark. Palpatine lies all the time, he lied to anakin to turn him by using his weakness against him, telling him he murdered his wife and kids. Reys weakeness is her belief that she is nothing and nobody with no place . Its about time kylo made it up to her by giving her the truth and telling her what her true place is. Once and for all. Kylo holds the key.
@Gemini

A guardian of the threshold- which kind is kylo..

The well-meaning, but skeptical ally
– This form of Threshold Guardian is actually on the side of the Hero, but isn’t initially convinced that the proposed journey is a good idea. In Raiders of the Lost Ark, both Brody and Sallah try to convince Indy that searching for the Ark might not be a great idea. You’ll also often find this kind of Threshold Guardian in romantic comedies as over protective best friends or family members.

The gatekeeper – This is the traditional Threshold Guardian of Greek myth (although these days they can be friend or foe) who stands in between the Hero and the heart of the journey. A great modern version of this type is Morpheus from The Matrix who, much like Cerebus at the entrance to Hades, stands before Neo as the one person who can enable him to cross over into the “real world.”

The story neutral character – This Threshold Guardian is neither friend nor foe. The Hero must find a way to overcome this character, or convince them to join forces in order for their journey to continue. Han Solo fills this role perfectly in Star Wars. A smuggler who has no stake in the war between the empire and the rebellion, Luke and Obi-Wan must convince Han to help them in order to escape Tatooine and begin their journey.

The ally of the antagonist – This Threshold Guardian is actively working to stop the Hero from reaching their goal – the true antagonist of the story. In The Avengers, once the alien invasion begins, Loki becomes a Threshold Guardian for Earth’s mightiest heroes. They must overcome him in order to stop the aliens and save the planet.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT06e6N_-rFNO-zCFANVbQ14rqBjQ_O59tAzml-vUWzsZ5UoA8i&s
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Thu 07 Nov 2019, 6:53 am

spacebaby45678 wrote:
Gemini wrote:

cues pic of Kylo
@spacebaby45678

@Gemini

– This form of Threshold Guardian is actually on the side of the Hero, but isn’t initially convinced that the proposed journey is a good idea. In Raiders of the Lost Ark, both Brody and Sallah try to convince Indy that searching for the Ark might not be a great idea. You’ll also often find this kind of Threshold Guardian in romantic comedies as over protective best friends or family members.

The gatekeeper – This is the traditional Threshold Guardian of Greek myth (although these days they can be friend or foe) who stands in between the Hero and the heart of the journey. A great modern version of this type is Morpheus from The Matrix who, much like Cerebus at the entrance to Hades, stands before Neo as the one person who can enable him to cross over into the “real world.”

The story neutral character – This Threshold Guardian is neither friend nor foe. The Hero must find a way to overcome this character, or convince them to join forces in order for their journey to continue. Han Solo fills this role perfectly in Star Wars. A smuggler who has no stake in the war between the empire and the rebellion, Luke and Obi-Wan must convince Han to help them in order to escape Tatooine and begin their journey.

The ally of the antagonist – This Threshold Guardian  is actively working to stop the Hero from reaching their goal – the true antagonist of the story. In The Avengers, once the alien invasion begins, Loki becomes a Threshold Guardian for Earth’s mightiest heroes. They must overcome him in order to stop the aliens and save the planet.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT06e6N_-rFNO-zCFANVbQ14rqBjQ_O59tAzml-vUWzsZ5UoA8i&s
@spacebaby45678

Agreed

I would definitely place Kylo as a threshold guardian to knowledge if he is the one who holds the key. Until he is no longer the antagonist, he will always be keeping this away from her until the exact right time when he decides to redeem himself. AKA the moment he turns around and gives Rey the key.

Some descriptions of the threshold guardian:

"The Guardian of the Threshold is a menacing figure that is described by a number of esoteric teachers. The term "Guardian of the Threshold", often called "dweller on the threshold", indicates a spectral image which is supposed to manifest itself as soon as "the student of the spirit ascends upon the path into the higher worlds of knowledge

Threshold Guardians. THRESHOLD GUARDIANS: The forces that stand in the way at important turning points, including jealous enemies, professional gatekeepers, or even the hero's own fears and doubts."

Kylo has done the above, several times. I don't think he's jealous but he is stopping access to imformaton at key turning points for the protagonist.

Rey Nobody is part of Rey's character lie. A character lie is a lie that a character believes about them self. Often established in the ordinary world section of the story. If my calculation is correct. Kylo has had a sneaking suspicion that Rey is a girl that he saw when he picked up Obi Wans saber with the KoR in the past. But he couldn't see her face. I think he suspects who she is right until TRoS. This is why Kylo aslo believed Rey's parents to be nobodies, because its a lie that she believes. He tells the truth from a certain PoV..he knows MUCH more. I've always suspected it.

1. He figuratively blocks Rey's path when she hears Obi Wan calling her in her vision.
2. He calls her nothing, nobody with no place in the story to weaken her and make her join him on the dark side.
3. He does this  AGAIN on the deathstar apparently whilst she is looking for "the key that defeats Palpatine" which seems to be this Saber he brings later...because we now know, this is what defeats Palpatine.
4. He is blocking her on the poster to reaching the point where Obi Wan disabled the tractor beam.

Palpatine is also a threshold guardian to the knowledge as well. That's why he, IMO is lying to her so she cant have the strength to defeat him.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Thu 07 Nov 2019, 7:27 am

Gemini wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:
Gemini wrote:

cues pic of Kylo
@spacebaby45678

@Gemini

The ally of the antagonist – This Threshold Guardian  is actively working to stop the Hero from reaching their goal – the true antagonist of the story. In The Avengers, once the alien invasion begins, Loki becomes a Threshold Guardian for Earth’s mightiest heroes. They must overcome him in order to stop the aliens and save the planet.

@spacebaby45678

Agreed

I would definitely place Kylo as a threshold guardian to knowledge if he is the one who holds the key. Until he is no longer the antagonist, he will always be keeping this away from her until the exact right time when he decides to redeem himself. AKA the moment he turns around and gives Rey the key.

Some descriptions of the threshold guardian:

"The Guardian of the Threshold is a menacing figure that is described by a number of esoteric teachers. The term "Guardian of the Threshold", often called "dweller on the threshold", indicates a spectral image which is supposed to manifest itself as soon as "the student of the spirit ascends upon the path into the higher worlds of knowledge

Threshold Guardians. THRESHOLD GUARDIANS: The forces that stand in the way at important turning points, including jealous enemies, professional gatekeepers, or even the hero's own fears and doubts."

Kylo has done the above, several times. I don't think he's jealous but he is stopping access to imformaton at key turning points for the protagonist.

Rey Nobody is part of Rey's character lie. A character lie is a lie that a character believes about them self. Often established in the ordinary world section of the story. If my calculation is correct. Kylo has had a sneaking suspicion that Rey is a girl that he saw when he picked up Obi Wans saber with the KoR in the past. But he couldn't see her face. I think he suspects who she is right until TRoS. This is why Kylo aslo believed Rey's parents to be nobodies, because its a lie that she believes. He tells the truth from a certain PoV..he knows MUCH more. I've always suspected it.

1. He figuratively blocks Rey's path when she hears Obi Wan calling her in her vision.
2. He calls her nothing, nobody with no place in the story to weaken her and make her join him on the dark side.
3. He does this  AGAIN on the deathstar apparently whilst she is looking for "the key that defeats Palpatine" which seems to be this Saber he brings later...because we now know, this is what defeats Palpatine.
4. He is blocking her on the poster to reaching the point where Obi Wan disabled the tractor beam.

Palpatine is also a threshold guardian to the knowledge as well. That's why he, IMO is lying to her so she cant have the strength to defeat him.
@Gemini

From everything I can see for far.. which is limited of course.. Rey's journey will be different than Luke's for whatever reason.. Luke was warned by Yoda that he would be afraid... and star wars is telling Rey NOT to fear who she is... mmm... much to think about even the lighting of these two scenes

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 4 2015-10-26-1445885103-9236094-sister-thumb
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 4 ?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcalifornia-times-brightspot.s3.amazonaws.com%2Ff2%2Fe7%2F9569933141f69e9cb6b66992656c%2Fep9-ff-001663

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 42 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23 ... 42  Next