Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exploring TROS & The Future of Star Wars...

+26
Geralt_Riv
motherofpearl1
Kyla Ren
karamelreylo
OrionStars
SW_Heroine_Journey
unicorn
Saracene
snufkin
Acritiqua
special_cases
Piper Maru
MaddieDove
Moonlight13
reylo1992
californiagirl
SoloSideCousin
Angharad
AhsokaTano
vaderito
Teo oswald
Lily Snape
fuhry
guardienne
cherrylipstick
DeeBee
30 posters

Page 6 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 23  Next

Go down

Exploring TROS & The Future of Star Wars... - Page 6 Empty Re: Exploring TROS & The Future of Star Wars...

Post by californiagirl Sun 02 May 2021, 11:37 pm

Someone pointed this out too, a pack of mostly Reylo stuff that also sold out immediately. And the backpack I put above had a wallet too. Basically Loungefly is like one of the few brands cashing in on Reylos who will still willingly spend cash on ST stuff.

Exploring TROS & The Future of Star Wars... - Page 6 Scree825
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Atenais likes this post

Back to top Go down

Exploring TROS & The Future of Star Wars... - Page 6 Empty Re: Exploring TROS & The Future of Star Wars...

Post by motherofpearl1 Mon 03 May 2021, 3:21 am

It's nice among the hate to be reminded how much Kylo/Ben is actually loved!

I'm thinking of getting a personalised T shirt with 'I love Kylo Ren, get over it!'.

Talking of which...look at the cover of SW Insider and tell me who's missing
https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2021/05/star-wars-insider-celebrates-may-the-4th-by-looking-back-at-the-skywalker-saga.html

I have to say this....it's a bit delicate but....I have stopped posting on the forum I can't mention, at least temporarily, because I just can't stand the Finn fans on there any more. We of course have a right to like and hate who we want, but it's virtually impossible to say anything negative about either Boyega or the character he played without being accused of racism.
These people - many, if not all, of who are white - clearly wanted Finn to be both Rey's love interest AND the male lead and they insist that the only reason he wasn't is because he's a black man. They have even said some pretty nasty things about Adam, accusing him of white privilege and so on.

It goes very firmly against the grain for me to back off and allow them to intimidate me into backing off, but it's absolutely impossible to argue the point when your opponent uses charges of racism against you. This is both frustrating and disheartening. And it's also unfair. Boyega's attitude post TROS smacks of someone who has allowed his role in a major cinematic event to go to his head, and he's using his ethnicity to play hard done by. There have also been attacks on Rian for promoting reylo - despite Rian giving a major role to an Asian actress in his film.
I've always believed that when something is causing you more misery than pleasure it's time to call it a day, so I've backed off at least for the moment. But I can't deny that letting them essentially bully me off the site sticks in my throat. Evil or Very Mad
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv Tue 11 May 2021, 4:47 am

Geralt_Riv
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

motherofpearl1 and Atenais like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Tue 11 May 2021, 6:33 am

They could have had a 'reverse' of the OT by having the good guys being the Republic and the bad guys being an insurgence but post TLJ they could have gone for something like this:
Kylo not being as ruthless as he would have liked to be
Hux ousting Kylo on finding who really killed Snoke.
Poe taking over as General from the start and being forced to make 'difficult' choices which made Rey realise they weren't the 'snow white' heroes she thought they were
Finn going undercover to liberate the stormtroopers
Rey forced to choose between staying with the Resistance and saving Kylo
Instead of a big bad we had something like secret weapons Snoke was developing in the Unknown Regions

The sad thing is RJ tried to give us something very different, but they threw it away to please those like the ones on the forum I can't mention. And they are still not satisfied because Finn wasn't leading man. And apparently it was all Adam's fault, for the racist fans of his didn't like Finn being 'the black leading man'.
Oh, and he's a MUCH better actor than Adam, apparently. They said that as well.

Brilliant video. This guy explains every single fault with this film, and they are breathtaking in their amount. Duel of the Fates actually sounds like a much better film other than Bad! Kylo and Poe/Rey, pity they didn't use at least some of the ideas.

Probably a load of tripe but still....https://insidethemagic.net/2021/05/daisy-ridley-return-to-star-wars-jm1/
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv Thu 13 May 2021, 10:36 am

I agree with that. It would have been better for the story after TROS. TROS ended just like ROTJ.
Geralt_Riv
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Atenais likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Thu 13 May 2021, 10:46 am

I didn't want either of them to die TBH, although I've since come to loathe Rey as a character, but I still think Ben Solo/Kylo Ren is the best thing about the ST and I am so disappointed we won't get to see the further adventures of his character, even only in comic books.

Watching TROS I realised that my love for the ST - the first two - is entirely due to Adam's riveting portrayal of the last Skywalker, and the endless complexity of his character. I actually walked out of the cinema after Ben faded into the Force - not in protest, I knew what was going to happen - but simply because I just couldn't take yet another Trio scene. They have their fans, but for me there isn't a shred of the chemistry between them that I so enjoyed in the OT.

I'd like the 'possibility' of what he said, especially if we got a Ben/Rose love story, I'm doing my own fanfiction where they end up on the run from the Republic and Rey, it's probably a load of crap, but I'd love to see someone who can really write do something like that!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Fri 14 May 2021, 3:40 am

Geralt_Riv wrote:
@Geralt_Riv
Thanks for sharing,
cheers this was surprisingly well done! Rofl at the ‘unfortunate footage’ label when they show TROS footage!
This guy really got it....dang this vid nails it! I’m glad I watched it, it was actually satisfying... cathartic!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Atenais likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Fri 14 May 2021, 8:57 am

Yes, he's nailed it perfectly hasn't he?

Looking at that shot of Claude....please explain the function of this character when it could have been Rose?
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Atenais likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by unicorn Fri 14 May 2021, 12:17 pm

The function of this character: It´s not Rose. Mad

@Geralt_Riv: Thanks for the video, this nails it!
unicorn
unicorn
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Atenais likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sat 15 May 2021, 1:41 pm

Please correct me if I'm on the wrong thread but...

I read a post by a Kylo hater who said there is a video in which Adam says he signed on to play Kylo as an 'irredeemable villain'. I'm genuinely bewildered because I don't ever remember Adam saying that Kylo was 'irredeemable'.

Has anyone here seen this video?
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Atenais likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren Sat 15 May 2021, 7:03 pm

motherofpearl1 wrote:Please correct me if I'm on the wrong thread but...

I read a post by a Kylo hater who said there is a video in which Adam says he signed on to play Kylo as an 'irredeemable villain'. I'm genuinely bewildered because I don't ever remember Adam saying that Kylo was 'irredeemable'.

@motherofpearl1

I don't remember ever seeing a video like that.  Can you ask them for a link to it?
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Atenais likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by karamelreylo Sat 15 May 2021, 7:52 pm

@motherofpearl1

I haven't. I don't remember that at all. I feel like Tumblr would have had a meltdown if he said that. Huh.

karamelreylo
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Atenais likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sun 16 May 2021, 4:22 am

karamelreylo wrote:

@motherofpearl1

I haven't. I don't remember that at all. I feel like Tumblr would have had a meltdown if he said that. Huh.
@karamelreylo

My first instinct reading this is- it’s not what Adam Driver said, but it’s what the commenter heard.
Asking for a link sounds fair & reasonable...

Oh and....
motherofpearl1 wrote:Yes, he's nailed it perfectly hasn't he?

Looking at that shot of Claude....please explain the function of this character when it could have been Rose?
@motherofpearl1
-ha! Well Claude is a skywalker don’t you know? He (secretly haaa) declared it so.
I’m sure because he had as much of a connection to the Skywalker legacy as Rey and heck, he needs a last name. Right?!
*pure salty sarcasm this!*
cheers

Last edited by DeeBee on Sun 16 May 2021, 4:27 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Added comment)
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Atenais likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sun 16 May 2021, 4:47 am

I've asked for a link, regarding all the new Skywalkers...I have this image of loads of people standing up shouting: 'I'm Skywalker!' like a less moving version of Spartacus.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Atenais likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sun 16 May 2021, 11:24 am

Got sent the video where Adam talks about Kylo Ren, here it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txLoFqFyr08

Have to admit I skipped through it except for the bits with Adam....but nowhere here did I see him say anything about Kylo being an 'irredeemable villain' here.....unless I missed it.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Atenais likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by unicorn Mon 17 May 2021, 1:07 pm

I startet watching the video, but I have not the patience for almost 3 hours.
Probably wishful thinking of some haters. It´s all in their heads, as always.
unicorn
unicorn
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Atenais likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Mon 17 May 2021, 1:25 pm

Same here, I get pretty angry when that lady said it was 'a shame we didn't get to see more of Ben Solo.'

Whose fault is that?

I've noticed some really bad hatred for Ben from Finn fans....they accuse reylos of 'racially harassing' John Boyega, and they are convinced Ben 'stole' Finn's role as leading man.
I'm sorry but I have NEVER seen any hatred for John from reylos....and I believe quite a few of us are POC. I do however, feel a bit concerned that some of this hate is being directed against Adam. Apparently the only reason Kylo/Ben was 'pushed' into leading man is because he isn't black.

I know I should back off from these hate filled people...but I have this constant need to defend myself and the character I love from people who are truly scraping the barrel when it comes to finding excuses that things didn't go the way they wanted.
They have yet to accept that at least their character survived...ours didn't. No
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Tue 18 May 2021, 3:45 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:Same here, I get pretty angry when that lady said it was 'a shame we didn't get to see more of Ben Solo.'

Whose fault is that?
@motherofpearl1
Indeed! A shame? But... it’s soooo uplifting! *sarcasm*

I’ve been revisiting reading through the Niima outpost spoilers & rumours thread -from around early sept 2020,  as once leaks started seriously hitting I paused consuming spoilers from then out, and missed what went down with all the leaks.
Some reactions here in hindsight were extremely prescient! It’s fascinating to read it all with fresh eyes..
Though finding a comment from me about how JJ could be trusted because he created Reylo doesn’t date well AT ALL! Embarassed
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Atenais likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Tue 18 May 2021, 4:38 am

Ironically the haters have got it right with one thing ....JJ didn't create reylo, Rian did. And I've noticed a lot of the hatred for him stems from that.

They aren't pleased that Rian tried to introduce a reylo love story and it's thanks to him we've got the 'Force bond' scenes, which Jerrio later pinched and reimagined as a Force dyad (also wasted). They are furious that
a. Finn didn't get Rey - he did 'get' a love interest of his own, whose treatment in TROS still makes me seethe.
b.that there was the beginning of a tender love story between two desperately lonely people - one female hater stated that if Rey and Ben had ridden off into the sunset she would have been furious!
Why, I wonder, does her opinion matter to the point of them having to obey her?

The saddest thing to me about TROS is when you look at the series as a whole, I now can't see any affection at all for Ben from Rey. Her desire to go to him on the Supremacy now reads as simply to save the Resistance rather than a need to save him. From her insistence that 'he can win this war' to abandoning him after Holdo nixed the Supremacy, to the arrogant snotty look on her face when she slammed the door on him....I'm sorry but I think that was when I started to dislike Rey. I've tried so hard to regain my affection for her but at the end of the day TROS has now made her into a self righteous little prig who gets angry whenever she can't get what she wants. TROS killed Ben, it killed Reylo (kiss or no) and it's finally completely destroyed my affection for Rey as a character.

One thing the haters said that's peaked my interest....Rian apparently said 95% of the story was his. So....what 5% did DLF contribute? Maybe it's wishful thinking but I suspect it's the ending; I think they made Rian provide an ending which would leave people thinking that the relationship between Rey and Kylo was at an end. I think Kylo's 'regression' into seething bad guy is purely DLF; they had of course hired Trevorrow by then and he wanted Big Bad Kylo and Poe/Rey. Jason Frye's novel of the film was a Kylo/Ben love fest then at the end Rey turns into a dispassionate creature who only spares Kylo because 'it's the will of the Force'(lord, how I hate that term).
I myself saw all of Kylo's behaviour post the Supremacy as hurt channelled into rage, hater of course see it as his true colours, but once again I wonder where Rian would have taken the character if he'd finished the trilogy.
And lastly....to my shame, I also trusted JJ, but he and Terrio turned out to be a match made in hell.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren Tue 18 May 2021, 7:13 am

DeeBee wrote:
motherofpearl1 wrote:Same here, I get pretty angry when that lady said it was 'a shame we didn't get to see more of Ben Solo.'

Whose fault is that?
@motherofpearl1
Indeed! A shame? But... it’s soooo uplifting! *sarcasm*

I’ve been revisiting reading through the Niima outpost spoilers & rumours thread -from around early sept 2020,  as once leaks started seriously hitting I paused consuming spoilers from then out, and missed what went down with all the leaks.
Some reactions here in hindsight were extremely prescient! It’s fascinating to read it all with fresh eyes..
Though finding a comment from me about how JJ could be trusted because he created Reylo doesn’t date well AT ALL! Embarassed
@DeeBee

I know exactly what you mean.  I remember back when it was first announced that JJ would be doing Episode IX.  I was very happy because I was like, "Oh, he's the Original Reylo.  He would never betray us."  How wrong I was. Sad
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Atenais likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Tue 18 May 2021, 7:52 am

motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Atenais likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv Tue 18 May 2021, 4:08 pm

One of the problems of the sequels is that every relationship is one-sided:
Rose: *kisses Finn*
Finn: REEEYYYYY!!!
Rey: Ben...
Ben/Kylo: grandfather... Very Happy
Geralt_Riv
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Atenais likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Tue 18 May 2021, 4:16 pm

I think it's really All the Boys Love Rey Palpwalker

Had to say this - I sent a PM to a decent poster on the forum I can't name supporting this person because he was threatened with moderation for standing up to Miss 'All Kylo Fans Are Racist' .
Shortly after they emailed me threatening me with a ban as apparently AKFAR saw this post and complained. I absolutely hate to be bullied off this forum but it's pretty obvious that anyone who defends Kylo is not welcome. Obviously this lady can dish it out but not take it.

I'm actually glad I've peeved the little wokester but what it's done is confirmed that the majority of Finn fans share the same obnoxious views as their idol.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Wed 19 May 2021, 11:02 am

I would take that Brie Larson as Mara Jade with a pinch /grain of salt . It was first reported in we got this covered which isn’t very reliable . Jordan Maison had the following to say below .
(See tweet below)
Which sounds like he’s doubtful . Brie Larson would make an amazing Avar Kriss from the high republic though :
Exploring TROS & The Future of Star Wars... - Page 6 A102df10
Exploring TROS & The Future of Star Wars... - Page 6 Cea0aa10
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Atenais likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Wed 19 May 2021, 11:55 am

Actually, that might be what they're talking about, there have also been rumours about Sebastian Stan playing Young Luke, but i foresee Disney+ series coming up. I also have a very firm feeling there will be a forthcoming series featuring Finn and Rey, neither of them seem to have any big projects coming up and if the money was good they would always come back.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 23  Next