Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 4

+43
Reylo Lemon
Search Your Feelings
Little_Boots
EchoBase
thejediskywalker
CienaRee
Irina de France
Blackcanary
Moonjump05
Wizzia
Darth Rowan
salmund
Rei of Sunshine
spacebaby45678
Rogue Rey
BastilaBey
Sylvia Snow
snufkin
vaderito
SoloSideCousin
AnneNeville
Mana
Gemini
Xylo Ren
Darth_Awakened
MoonFyre
IoJovi
FrolickingFizzgig
MyOnlyHope
SanghaRen
Darth Dementor
Kylo Ren's 8-Pack
Queen Rey
ISeeAnIsland
guardienne
MeadowofAshes
jakkusun
panki
Birdwoman
Jozie
pacificwanderer
Kessel
MissG
47 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 4 - Page 3 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 4

Post by BastilaBey Mon 18 Apr 2016, 3:17 pm

This podcast that talks about the hairstyle also has them discussing the 'rey skywalker' debunking, it's a good listen http://makingstarwars.net/2016/04/episode-126-makingstarwars-nets-now-this-is-podcasting/
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 4 - Page 3 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 4

Post by Darth_Awakened Mon 18 Apr 2016, 3:19 pm

vaderito wrote:Rey unbraids in VIII, has flowing locks like Kylo:

The Rey costume is pretty much the same as what she’s wearing at the end of The Force Awakens, just without the vest. The shirt she has on underneath is like a white tunic, sort of a feminine version of the classic Luke Skywalker shirt from A New Hope. She still has her gun. Her hair is wild and flowing (i.e. she wears it loose).

Luke’s costume is like Count Dooku meets Luke from Return of the Jedi. He almost looks like a “homeless man”, and seems kind of haggard. It’s a darker outfit than we saw him in at the end of The Force Awakens.

They both look as if they have been wherever they are for a little while, and wherever they have been “does not have dry cleaning”.

That’s it for the costume info! This makes me really excited, and I love that Rey will literally be wearing her hair down. As much as I love the buns, I’m excited to see her with a fresh look.

Full report:

https://ohtze.tumblr.com/post/143021692268/rey-lukes-costumes-in-episode-viii-or-the-hair

this is exciting because it's natural progression after events with Kylo. That wild lightsaber sex and interrogation intimacy had to result in unbraiding her childhood hairdo.
@vaderito

A tiny bit of info - but I would say a huge news. Rey is becoming a woman - which we already noticed at the end of TFA.
And Luke in much darker outfit - it is interesting as well (I do not think his turning lol).
But as always SW is known with symbolism in costume.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Mon 18 Apr 2016, 3:39 pm

BastilaBey wrote:Is anyone else sort of sad we won't be going into episode VIII spoiler free? A tiny part wants to cut myself off from the fandom but...nope, don't have the willpower. Purposely didn't look at anything before TFA, had no idea who Kylo Ren was beyond AD being cast. Now I'm desperate for every Reylo-friendly crumb coming our way.
@BastilaBey

I am torn on this as well. However, I am knee deep in it already and am not going back. While I have resigned myself to the fact that I will not as spoiler free as I was for TFA (I was as clean as the virgin snow), Episode VIII will be a new kind of fun. It will be amazing to see what we are right about, and what was way off base.

I am now at the point where I am 110% sure Reylo is the way they are going. If she's not a Skywalker, what other possible road can they go down? Kathleen Kennedy stated that this story has always been about the Skywalkers, and you betcha Rey will indeed be one by the end of the trilogy through marriage. We may say that a lot in jest, but in this case I'm 100% serious. By revealing the fact that she's not one by blood, they reveal the rest of the plot of the trilogy.

Now - how are they going to get to that point? Well, that's anyone's guess. I do know it's going to be amazing to watch.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Rey Mon 18 Apr 2016, 3:41 pm

A little read on letting her hair down:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LettingHerHairDown

Now I'm not trying to make any sort of connections here - but when the previous female leads in the SW universe let their hair down they ended up either pregnant or married:

Leia let her hair down at the end of Return of the Jedi and got Han (after the whole Luke debacle) and well around 9 months later I'm guessing baby Ben came into the universe!!  Wink

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 4 - Page 3 031d7ad8b59e9541d7280e64627c5425

Padme wears her hair down in Attack of the Clones and by the end of the film she's married to Anakin (and shortly going to be pregnant with Luke + Leia)

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 4 - Page 3 Dd76c696f6c01cbed2bfc2242747214b

Now I'm not saying that any of those things are going to happen to Rey - because either of those things would be huge surprises but the letting your hair down does come in key moments for both Leia and Padme.  I'm sure for Rey it's more along the lines of her transition from childhood to womanhood. Shy
Rogue Rey
Rogue Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 18 Apr 2016, 3:43 pm

IoJovi wrote:

I am torn on this as well. However, I am knee deep in it already and am not going back. While I have resigned myself to the fact that I will not as spoiler free as I was for TFA (I was as clean as the virgin snow), Episode VIII will be a new kind of fun. It will be amazing to see what we are right about, and what was way off base.

I am now at the point where I am 110% sure Reylo is the way they are going. If she's not a Skywalker, what other possible road can they go down? Kathleen Kennedy stated that this story has always been about the Skywalkers, and you betcha Rey will indeed be one by the end of the trilogy through marriage. We may say that a lot in jest, but in this case I'm 100% serious. By revealing the fact that she's not one by blood, they reveal the rest of the plot of the trilogy.

Now - how are they going to get to that point? Well, that's anyone's guess. I do know it's going to be amazing to watch.
@IoJovi

you guys are too Rey centric. Kathleen Kennedy, who hand-picked AD to play Ben Skywalker Solo, first of new actors to sign for SW while the script still wasn't written, says SW has always been a Skywalker saga. She's damn right!
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Mon 18 Apr 2016, 3:47 pm

vaderito wrote:
IoJovi wrote:  

I am torn on this as well.  However, I am knee deep in it already and am not going back. While I have resigned myself to the fact that I will not as spoiler free as I was for TFA (I was as clean as the virgin snow), Episode VIII will be a new kind of fun.  It will be amazing to see what we are right about, and what was way off base.

I am now at the point where I am 110% sure Reylo is the way they are going.  If she's not a Skywalker, what other possible road can they go down?  Kathleen Kennedy stated that this story has always been about the Skywalkers, and you betcha Rey will indeed be one by the end of the trilogy through marriage.  We may say that a lot in jest, but in this case I'm 100% serious.  By revealing the fact that she's not one by blood, they reveal the rest of the plot of the trilogy.  

Now - how are they going to get to that point?  Well, that's anyone's guess.  I do know it's going to be amazing to watch.  
@IoJovi

you guys are too Rey centric. Kathleen Kennedy, who hand-picked AD to play Ben Skywalker Solo, first of new actors to sign for SW while the script still wasn't written, says SW has always been a Skywalker saga. She's damn right!
@vaderito

I'm glad you brought that up.

I wanted to add after I had already hit send that also by revealing Rey's non-blood relation to the Skywalkers, they also reveal his redemption arc.  On the surface, the GA audience is supposed to assume he will go unredeemed.  He went to a place that Vader did not - killing his own family.  

Going back to Maz's speech about 'someone who could come back - with your help.' Somebody earlier had mentioned that while Luke knows the way home, Ben does not.  He needs someone to show him the way.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 18 Apr 2016, 3:58 pm

IoJovi wrote:

I'm glad you brought that up.

I wanted to add after I had already hit send that also by revealing Rey's non-blood relation to the Skywalkers, they also reveal his redemption arc.  On the surface, the GA audience is supposed to assume he will go unredeemed.  He went to a place that Vader did not - killing his own family.  

Going back to Maz's speech about 'someone who could come back - with your help.' Somebody earlier had mentioned that while Luke knows the way home, Ben does not.  He needs someone to show him the way.
@IoJovi

I said that. "With your help" would make it too obvious. But yes, Luke knows the way home (literally and figuratively), Kylo doesn't (figuratively). Luke didn't go away forever but to find answers.

However, I don't think that Kylo's redemption depends on whetehr Rey's a Skywalker or not. he's the last Solo. That's as powerful name as Skywalker and his daddy's getting a spin-off. Reywalker or not, he's a power in his own right.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Mon 18 Apr 2016, 4:04 pm

IoJovi wrote:
BastilaBey wrote:Is anyone else sort of sad we won't be going into episode VIII spoiler free? A tiny part wants to cut myself off from the fandom but...nope, don't have the willpower. Purposely didn't look at anything before TFA, had no idea who Kylo Ren was beyond AD being cast. Now I'm desperate for every Reylo-friendly crumb coming our way.
@BastilaBey

I am torn on this as well.  However, I am knee deep in it already and am not going back. While I have resigned myself to the fact that I will not as spoiler free as I was for TFA (I was as clean as the virgin snow), Episode VIII will be a new kind of fun.  It will be amazing to see what we are right about, and what was way off base.

I am now at the point where I am 110% sure Reylo is the way they are going.  If she's not a Skywalker, what other possible road can they go down?  Kathleen Kennedy stated that this story has always been about the Skywalkers, and you betcha Rey will indeed be one by the end of the trilogy through marriage.  We may say that a lot in jest, but in this case I'm 100% serious.  By revealing the fact that she's not one by blood, they reveal the rest of the plot of the trilogy.  

Now - how are they going to get to that point?  Well, that's anyone's guess.  I do know it's going to be amazing to watch.  
@IoJovi

Yep, that was the huge implication of JJ's reveal, and the real reason TFA didn't tell us who Rey's parents were, in addition to Ben's redemption. If people still thought there was a chance she was a Skywalker/Solo, it made Reylo impossible. Now you can hear the fear behind anti's sentiments, they're like oh god....I see where this is going, JJ, I don't like it, make it stop.  Twisted Evil
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Mon 18 Apr 2016, 4:08 pm

BastilaBey wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
@BastilaBey

@IoJovi

Yep, that was the huge implication of JJ's reveal, and the real reason TFA didn't tell us who Rey's parents were, in addition to Ben's redemption. If people still thought there was a chance she was a Skywalker/Solo, it made Reylo impossible. Now you can hear the fear behind anti's sentiments, they're like oh god....I see where this is going, JJ, I don't like it, make it stop.  Twisted Evil
@BastilaBey

They are so lonely, so afraid to leave, at night, desperate to sleep, they imaging reylo becoming canon lol!
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Mon 18 Apr 2016, 4:13 pm

Maria Antonietta wrote:
BastilaBey wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
@BastilaBey

@IoJovi

@BastilaBey

They are so lonely, so afraid to leave, at night, desperate to sleep, they imaging reylo becoming canon lol!
@Maria Antonietta

To be fair, that describes me as well...
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneNeville Mon 18 Apr 2016, 4:32 pm

@BastilaBey

I am the sort of person who will not uncommonly read the end of the book at the beginning so I can watch how the story was put together as I read . . . so I won't be bothered.
AnneNeville
AnneNeville
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Mon 18 Apr 2016, 5:02 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
@BastilaBey

I am the sort of person who will not uncommonly read the end of the book at the beginning so I can watch how the story was put together as I read . . . so I won't be bothered.
@AnneNeville
Storytelling to me is not about what happens, it's about how it happens. Spoilers don't bother me. I only went into Episode VII totally unspoiled because I didn't care to keep up with anything.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Mon 18 Apr 2016, 5:05 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:
@BastilaBey

@AnneNeville
Storytelling to me is not about what happens, it's about how it happens. Spoilers don't bother me. I only went into Episode VII totally unspoiled because I didn't care to keep up with anything.
@FrolickingFizzgig

I was totally spoiled and still surprised. The biggest shock to me was Rey being NO Skywalker Very Happy.
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Mon 18 Apr 2016, 5:06 pm

@vaderito
I really like your lightsaber and force back analysis. It's so telling that Kylo was the prominent figure in it. The vision didn't show her parents, didn't show unkar, the one sludge being she's been around her whole life. It showed Kylo. Not Finn, not Poe, not Leia, not Han, not Luke. KY_FREAKING_LO

I also liked the tie in with the words "belongs" and "belonging". I want to believe that's intentional cheers
Finally, you're absolutely right about Luke knowing his way home and Kylo being the lost boy. If you think about it that way, everything makes sense.

I think it's awesome that she'll have a different look in VIII, and naturally I want to connect it to her run-in with Kylo. LOL her sexual awakening and all that. I'd take my hair down around him too.
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Mon 18 Apr 2016, 5:06 pm

Maria Antonietta wrote:
BastilaBey wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
@BastilaBey

@IoJovi

@BastilaBey

@Maria Antonietta

"I see it....IIIIIIIII see the canon."

@Darth Dingbat

lol that's all of us, AND Kylo Laughing
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Mon 18 Apr 2016, 5:14 pm

Yeah aren't we all in the same boat, the Reywalkers and the Reylo's alike?

Laughing

Hahaha
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Mon 18 Apr 2016, 5:17 pm

Xylo Ren wrote:
Maria Antonietta wrote:
BastilaBey wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
@BastilaBey

@IoJovi

@BastilaBey

@Maria Antonietta

"I see it....IIIIIIIII see the canon."

@Darth Dingbat

lol that's all of us, AND Kylo Laughing
@Xylo Ren

*screams internally* lol!
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Mon 18 Apr 2016, 5:22 pm

"And FinnRey...you feel like it's the ship you never had...it would've disappointed you."

Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Mon 18 Apr 2016, 5:24 pm

Xylo Ren wrote:"And FinnRey...you feel like it's the ship you never had...it would've disappointed you."

@Xylo Ren

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!! Jumping
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Mon 18 Apr 2016, 5:25 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:
@BastilaBey

@AnneNeville
@FrolickingFizzgig

I agree wholeheartedly with this. I mean, at this point I'm 100% convinced we're right on a very large aspect of the film. Does that mean VIII is now spoiled and I no longer have a need to see it?

Of course not!!!!
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Mon 18 Apr 2016, 5:30 pm

@Rogue Rey

I love that you researched the trope for letting the hair down. We're so smart in this bunch!

It made me laugh because this reminded me of the Trek "Space Seed" episode with Khan. The crewman that is supposed to study him actually falls in love with him. The audience knows it and so does he. Lo and behold a scene later she goes to talk to him and her hair is down. He's a cocky b******* so he calls her out on it, knowing that she changed it for him. She ends up leaving with him.
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Mon 18 Apr 2016, 5:39 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
@BastilaBey

@AnneNeville

I do that too. But it comes from a movie in which the character was mentioning reading the end of books because at least if he/she would die tomorrow, he/she would know how the book ends. Don't ask me which movie. I really don't remember. Like nothing of it. Just the idea stuck in my head and since then I read the end of books at the beginning.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 18 Apr 2016, 5:54 pm

Maria Antonietta wrote:

@Maria Antonietta

@Xylo Ren

And FinnRey...you feel like it's the ship you never had...it would've disappointed you."

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 4 - Page 3 Giphy

You guys are killing it with Kylo lines.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Mon 18 Apr 2016, 6:00 pm

Xylo Ren wrote:"And FinnRey...you feel like it's the ship you never had...it would've disappointed you."

@Xylo Ren

Excellent. Have people really stopped shipping Rey with other characters just because Kylo and her might not be related though? Does her not being a Skywalker somehow change her chemistry with Finn for some? That surprises me. They are sweet together, I'll give them that. They don't have the passion potential of Reylo, though - now that's a transformational romance.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Mon 18 Apr 2016, 6:01 pm

@vaderito

I have every scene with Rey and Kylo basically memorized.

And I know I'm not the only one. fess up people Suspect
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next