Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion: Bloodline Novel by Claudia Gray

+46
motherofpearl1
Slade
Birdwoman
Darth Rowan
Socialnole
salmund
Irina de France
ReyofLightSide
Blackcanary
AnnLouise
MeadowofAshes
Xylo Ren
RKR Connection
Saracene
FrolickingFizzgig
Darth_Awakened
snufkin
AnneNeville
EchoBase
ZenBrainJam
Search Your Feelings
panki
Rimfaxe96
Force22
BlackIsTheColor
Reynak
guardienne
MissG
Sforza
jakkusun
spacebaby45678
Sylvia Snow
SanghaRen
Mana
IoJovi
MyOnlyHope
CienaRee
Darth Dingbat
Gemini
ISeeAnIsland
BastilaBey
Kessel
vaderito
SoloSideCousin
Reylo Lemon
Little_Boots
50 posters

Page 16 of 32 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 32  Next

Go down

Discussion: Bloodline Novel by Claudia Gray - Page 16 Empty Re: Discussion: Bloodline Novel by Claudia Gray

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Wed 27 Apr 2016, 6:18 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
IoJovi wrote:I smell BS on that leak.  One thing's for sure - at least we have to wait only a week or so instead of a year and a half!
@IoJovi
It just sounds like a Reywalker wanted to trick people into thinking Rey is mentioned in the book. It's absolutely fake, no doubt about it. All other evidence is pointing toward Rey being unknown to any of the OT characters from TFA, from the movie itself all the way to comments from people who've read the book claiming that it "makes you totally rethink Rey Skywalker" (from the MSW podcast).
@FrolickingFizzgig

The source is Reylos, not Reywalkers. Though it is still likely to be fake.
@AnneNeville
But do we know where they got it?
@FrolickingFizzgig

Nope. Closest answer I've gotten is "apparently from Bloodline."
@AnneNeville
Secondhand too, but I guess we'll find out soon enough. I just see absolutely no way Rey would be mentioned in a book written from the perspective of a woman the director of Episode VII expressed was a stranger to her.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Discussion: Bloodline Novel by Claudia Gray - Page 16 Empty Re: Discussion: Bloodline Novel by Claudia Gray

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Wed 27 Apr 2016, 6:20 pm

CienaRee wrote:Ohhhh,there's a
Spoiler:
@CienaRee
I like this a lot!
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Wed 27 Apr 2016, 8:51 pm

This is from earlier today:

Discussion: Bloodline Novel by Claudia Gray - Page 16 Py7Ne8G

And in the MSW podcast the guys say something like "Rey was like, what, 7-8 when she was left on Jakku?" (and it seems as though they've read Bloodlines because they express that they're "under embargo" not to discuss it). I think they're wrong about her age too, but the fact that none of the podcasters remembered that Rey was mentioned (and that it was "apparently" insinuated that she was specifically 9 when she was left on Jakku) tells me the clearly fake leak is definitely fake.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee Wed 27 Apr 2016, 9:16 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:This is from earlier today:

And in the MSW podcast the guys say something like "Rey was like, what, 7-8 when she was left on Jakku?" (and it seems as though they've read Bloodlines because they express that they're "under embargo" not to discuss it). I think they're wrong about her age too, but the fact that none of the podcasters remembered that Rey was mentioned (and that it was "apparently" insinuated that she was specifically 9 when she was left on Jakku) tells me the clearly fake leak is definitely fake.
@FrolickingFizzgig

It's most likely fake but Pablo does say an official age was never mentioned so people should deffinaly not get attached to the ''She was 5 when she was left on Jakku''scenario which may or may not end up being true.

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Wed 27 Apr 2016, 9:22 pm

CienaRee wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:This is from earlier today:

@FrolickingFizzgig

It's most likely fake but Pablo does say an official age was never mentioned so people should deffinaly not get attached to the ''She was 5 when she was left on Jakku''scenario which may or may not end up being true.
@CienaRee
Yep. Could have been anywhere between 5-7, maybe a bit older even (the little girl that is). That's before you even take into account the fact that something clearly happened to her memories. Was she even abandoned? Does she even know? Was the whole Force-Back just symbolic? Everything about Rey's past is a mystery. Nobody should get attached to any theory regarding Rey.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 27 Apr 2016, 9:37 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote: Nobody should get attached to any theory regarding Rey.
@FrolickingFizzgig

true but at least one thing is known - her stay on Jakku has nothing to do with what happened with Luke's school, because it happened years earlier. Those events are not related. Likewise, she is "untrained but strong with the Force." So much for being one of Luke's students.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOnlyHope Wed 27 Apr 2016, 9:52 pm

vaderito wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote: Nobody should get attached to any theory regarding Rey.
@FrolickingFizzgig

true but at least one thing is known - her stay on Jakku has nothing to do with what happened with Luke's school, because it happened years earlier. Those events are not related. Likewise, she is "untrained but strong with the Force." So much for being one of Luke's students.
@vaderito
Pablo's Visual Dictionary also heavily insinuates that she had never wielded a lightsaber before. I guess some people just thought it was cool to ignore all this stuff a few months ago. I never even knew some of it existed.
Discussion: Bloodline Novel by Claudia Gray - Page 16 IYDMFmH
MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Wed 27 Apr 2016, 9:56 pm

MyOnlyHope wrote:
vaderito wrote:
@FrolickingFizzgig

@vaderito
Pablo's Visual Dictionary also heavily insinuates that she had never wielded a lightsaber before. I guess some people just thought it was cool to ignore all this stuff a few months ago. I never even knew some of it existed.
Discussion: Bloodline Novel by Claudia Gray - Page 16 IYDMFmH
@MyOnlyHope

if whats in the Visual dictionary is true, then they better come up with a good explanation for Rey being able to do mind probes, mind tricks and force pulls with ZERO training and no proper prior knowledge of the force

Last edited by Mana on Wed 27 Apr 2016, 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Wed 27 Apr 2016, 9:58 pm

@Mana All roads lead to Reylo/force bond

Discussion: Bloodline Novel by Claudia Gray - Page 16 Anigif_enhanced-10540-1436198091-2
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Wed 27 Apr 2016, 10:30 pm

Bloodline review from a Reylo shipper in Sweden - book came out there today I think

http://reylooo.tumblr.com/post/143514072983/book-review-bloodline-by-claudia-gray
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Wed 27 Apr 2016, 11:00 pm

BastilaBey wrote:Bloodline review from a Reylo shipper in Sweden - book came out there today I think

http://reylooo.tumblr.com/post/143514072983/book-review-bloodline-by-claudia-gray
@BastilaBey

Thanks for posting that link. Now, I can't wait to read Bloodline, more than ever!
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Wed 27 Apr 2016, 11:09 pm

BastilaBey wrote:Bloodline review from a Reylo shipper in Sweden - book came out there today I think

@BastilaBey

Thanks for the link! Smile

Based on this review, it makes the scenario that Ben Solo killed other jedi students in self defense while trying to escape their wrath on discovering that he is Vader's grandson all the more plausible....... Shocked  And a frightened, angry and hurt Ben would have been easy prey for Snoke....  No

I knew it!!!!!
Groups into illegal activities like the spice racket, money laundering and slave trafficking (Black Sun, Shadow Collective, Hutt family etc) have joined forces with the former imperials to become the FO.....during the time of the Empire these unsavory elements were tolerated (and even assisted) but they might not be happy with the new republic who cared more for the common people....so they're behind financing crazies like the son of Brendol Hux (and providing him with kidnapped children for his storm trooper experiments) and cult leaders like Snoke as it allows them to exploit the galaxy without restriction.... Evil or Very Mad (Novels like Aftermath and High Noon on Jakku hint it....now it is becoming even more obvious)

Last edited by panki on Wed 27 Apr 2016, 11:55 pm; edited 2 times in total

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOnlyHope Wed 27 Apr 2016, 11:13 pm

@BastilaBey

What I think we all wanted to know (for people who don't want to be spoiled about everything).
Spoiler:
MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Wed 27 Apr 2016, 11:23 pm

@myonlyhope @panki @kessel89
Spoiler:

One thing I'd like to know considering Ben and Luke

Spoiler:

Last edited by BastilaBey on Wed 27 Apr 2016, 11:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZenBrainJam Wed 27 Apr 2016, 11:36 pm

vaderito wrote:
@FrolickingFizzgig

@vaderito

^^^ this. She is untrained: is an important information.
ZenBrainJam
ZenBrainJam
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Wed 27 Apr 2016, 11:46 pm

BastilaBey wrote:@myonlyhope @panki @kessel89
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
@BastilaBey

I am hoping this scenario of Ben acting in self defense turns out to be right....it makes his redemption all the more possible. ....as for him knowing about Luke being his uncle....if Leia was researching about Padme, I feel Ben was told he was the child of Padme and Anakin Skywalker, a jedi knight and Anakin was killed by Vader when Order 66 was implemented (the same story Luke was told by Obi-wan in ANH). So he might have known Luke and Leia's full history barring the part that Anakin and Vader were the same person...and that he was the original 'jedi killer'.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Wed 27 Apr 2016, 11:50 pm

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
@BastilaBey

Me too. I'm on my phone, and the spoiler function isn't working, but if the deception goes that deep everyone important will be total liar to him. It would be like the earth falling out from under him.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Wed 27 Apr 2016, 11:56 pm

panki wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
@BastilaBey

I am hoping this scenario of Ben acting in self defense turns out to be right....it makes his redemption all the more possible. ....as for him knowing about Luke being his uncle....if Leia was researching about Padme, I feel Ben was told he was the child of Padme and Anakin Skywalker, a jedi knight and Anakin was killed by Vader when Order 66 was implemented (the same story Luke was told by Obi-wan in ANH). So he might have known Luke and Leia's full history barring the part that Anakin and Vader were the same person...and that he was the original 'jedi killer'.
@panki

panki wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
@BastilaBey

@panki

You have to think that even the Anakin Skywalker and Padme thing might have been kept somewhat quiet though ... with that nobility inheritance thing. I guess she could qualify as an adopted child ... but I am thinking that the whole reason it comes out is because that woman is jealous ... and worried about noble bloodlines.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Wed 27 Apr 2016, 11:58 pm

Spoiler:
@BastilaBey

Spoiler:
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee Wed 27 Apr 2016, 11:58 pm

Man,reading the review  makes me feel even more  for Leia and the tragedies she's faced and continues facing.I think this books that makes me love her even more and I can't wait to read it myself.Seriously give this woman some happiness and lots of grandchidlren.The fact that she
Spoiler:

Last edited by SoloSideCousin on Thu 28 Apr 2016, 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Language)

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Thu 28 Apr 2016, 12:01 am

Kessel89 wrote:
Spoiler:
@BastilaBey

Spoiler:
@Kessel89

I c
Kessel89 wrote:
Spoiler:
@BastilaBey

Spoiler:
@Kessel89

I can't do spoiler, but you are absolutely right about that "title" thing ... maybe not a brat after all. :-) I actually never got that from him tbh. He always seemed entirely too miserable for that.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Thu 28 Apr 2016, 12:04 am

@solosidecousin @kessel89 there are parts of TFA that lead us to believe he is acting out of entitlement, but to me that seems like a red herring and it will fall away as the next movie reveals more of his true motivations. The biggest thing for me is how Leia is still so sure there's light in him. That to me screamed Padme at the end of rots, and she was right. Hopefully the reverse Anakin theory is on the right track and he comes to his senses. Falling in love with an adorable scavenger should help there Wink
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Thu 28 Apr 2016, 12:06 am

SoloSideCousin wrote:
panki wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
@BastilaBey

@panki

panki wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
@BastilaBey

@panki

You have to think that even the Anakin Skywalker and Padme thing might have been kept somewhat quiet though ... with that nobility inheritance thing. I guess she could qualify as an adopted child ... but I am thinking that the whole reason it comes out is because that woman is jealous ... and worried about noble bloodlines.
@SoloSideCousin

You are right...maybe they did keep it quiet...but being from Padme's lineage would make her royal by blood and adoption...the old jedi order is long gone and since they were legally married, it wouldn't be frowned upon either....she would be the child of a former princess who married a famous jedi hero from the clone wars....and when she lost her parents, was adopted by another royal family (and her adopted father was a hero and martyr for the rebellion as well)....and if there were elections going on this would be a double whammy for any opposing politicians.....only a really big scandal could bring her down....and if this lady from Arkanis was jealous, the information she got must have been a godsend (hopefully that woman got blown up by the starkiller weapon....would serve her right and be appropriate karma for being petty) Evil or Very Mad

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Thu 28 Apr 2016, 12:24 am

BastilaBey wrote:@solosidecousin @kessel89 there are parts of TFA that lead us to believe he is acting out of entitlement, but to me that seems like a red herring and it will fall away as the next movie reveals more of his true motivations. The biggest thing for me is how Leia is still so sure there's light in him. That to me screamed Padme at the end of rots, and she was right. Hopefully the reverse Anakin theory is on the right track and he comes to his senses. Falling in love with an adorable scavenger should help there Wink
@BastilaBey

I really think that so many things are going to get turned on their head in Episode VIII, including this. @snufkin wrote a great post somewhere (Episode VIII thread?), talking about the three steps of a good magic trick that has made me think that all kinds of things that we may be assuming in TFA may not turn out to be true.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Thu 28 Apr 2016, 12:39 am

BastilaBey wrote:@solosidecousin @kessel89 there are parts of TFA that lead us to believe he is acting out of entitlement, but to me that seems like a red herring and it will fall away as the next movie reveals more of his true motivations. The biggest thing for me is how Leia is still so sure there's light in him. That to me screamed Padme at the end of rots, and she was right. Hopefully the reverse Anakin theory is on the right track and he comes to his senses. Falling in love with an adorable scavenger should help there Wink
@BastilaBey

I agree, Kylo does demonstrate attributes of "self entitlement" in TFA and for some reason, some viewers saw that and decided that was the extent of his motivations. But I feel there is more to it than just that. I think his feelings of self entitlement are more tied to what he believes being Vader's heir means and what his legacy entails.

I am more curious than ever about Ben's relationship with Luke.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 32 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 32  Next