Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion: Bloodline Novel by Claudia Gray

+46
motherofpearl1
Slade
Birdwoman
Darth Rowan
Socialnole
salmund
Irina de France
ReyofLightSide
Blackcanary
AnnLouise
MeadowofAshes
Xylo Ren
RKR Connection
Saracene
FrolickingFizzgig
Darth_Awakened
snufkin
AnneNeville
EchoBase
ZenBrainJam
Search Your Feelings
panki
Rimfaxe96
Force22
BlackIsTheColor
Reynak
guardienne
MissG
Sforza
jakkusun
spacebaby45678
Sylvia Snow
SanghaRen
Mana
IoJovi
MyOnlyHope
CienaRee
Darth Dingbat
Gemini
ISeeAnIsland
BastilaBey
Kessel
vaderito
SoloSideCousin
Reylo Lemon
Little_Boots
50 posters

Page 32 of 32 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32

Go down

Discussion: Bloodline Novel by Claudia Gray - Page 32 Empty Re: Discussion: Bloodline Novel by Claudia Gray

Post by nickandnora Tue 13 Feb 2018, 8:06 am

Sorry to resurrect a really old thread, but I have a question. I haven't read this novel, but I saw mention of something very interesting elsewhere (I think it was on tumblr, but I can't remember and can't find it now). One of the most interesting sounding (to me) events in this book is the so-called "streamer" incident where Leia found the handwritten word "Run" on her plate before an explosion. Obviously with the Ben Solo calligraphy connection, a lot of people theorize that *somehow* he was the one who wrote this warning for Leia. Now, the thing that I saw made mention of the fact that at one point Pablo Hidalgo posted on twitter that certain things from the Bloodline book came from Rian. What's more, he was more specific and said that the actual streamer incident came from Rian as well. But that he deleted this tweet. Can anyone here confirm whether or not this is true? Just curious. Thanks!

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Discussion: Bloodline Novel by Claudia Gray - Page 32 Empty Re: Discussion: Bloodline Novel by Claudia Gray

Post by Irina de France Tue 13 Feb 2018, 8:53 am

nickandnora wrote:Sorry to resurrect a really old thread, but I have a question. I haven't read this novel, but I saw mention of something very interesting elsewhere (I think it was on tumblr, but I can't remember and can't find it now). One of the most interesting sounding (to me) events in this book is the so-called "streamer" incident where Leia found the handwritten word "Run" on her plate before an explosion. Obviously with the Ben Solo calligraphy connection, a lot of people theorize that *somehow* he was the one who wrote this warning for Leia. Now, the thing that I saw made mention of the fact that at one point Pablo Hidalgo posted on twitter that certain things from the Bloodline book came from Rian. What's more, he was more specific and said that the actual streamer incident came from Rian as well. But that he deleted this tweet. Can anyone here confirm whether or not this is true? Just curious. Thanks!
@nickandnora

I definitely remember seeing that tweet - though don't ask me to find it, lol. I think it's something that will (or was meant to be) relevant in IX... but who knows, now that Carrie has passed away Sad
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Tue 13 Feb 2018, 10:24 am

I remember that as well- it was discussed extensively on Tumblr...

not sure if it was meant to be used in TLJ but dropped later - or if they use this somehow in IX. I guess not... I mean the big Vader reveal wasn't even mentioned in TLJ and we all thought that would play a big part in Ben's fall. Nope

Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Tue 13 Feb 2018, 11:23 am

nickandnora wrote:Sorry to resurrect a really old thread, but I have a question. I haven't read this novel, but I saw mention of something very interesting elsewhere (I think it was on tumblr, but I can't remember and can't find it now). One of the most interesting sounding (to me) events in this book is the so-called "streamer" incident where Leia found the handwritten word "Run" on her plate before an explosion. Obviously with the Ben Solo calligraphy connection, a lot of people theorize that *somehow* he was the one who wrote this warning for Leia. Now, the thing that I saw made mention of the fact that at one point Pablo Hidalgo posted on twitter that certain things from the Bloodline book came from Rian. What's more, he was more specific and said that the actual streamer incident came from Rian as well. But that he deleted this tweet. Can anyone here confirm whether or not this is true? Just curious. Thanks!
@nickandnora

I think it's generally called the "napkin" incident. And yes, Rian supposedly had input into Bloodline, including the napkin incident. We had a fair amount of discussion (although apparently not in the Bloodline thread) around the fact that a number of Bloodline plot points that we expected to surface in TLJ never actually appeared in the movie.

Leia was warned with the word "Run" handwritten on a napkin before a bomb went off at a luncheon for the Republic senate.

In the book, it's alluded to a twi'lek leaving the warning, but a few of us somewhat recently looked up the exact text, and it's not written as concretely as I originally remembered when I read it...so there's definitely some wiggle room for someone else having left the warning.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Tue 13 Feb 2018, 2:20 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@nickandnora

I think it's generally called the "napkin" incident. And yes, Rian supposedly had input into Bloodline, including the napkin incident. We had a fair amount of discussion (although apparently not in the Bloodline thread) around the fact that a number of Bloodline plot points that we expected to surface in TLJ never actually appeared in the movie.

Leia was warned with the word "Run" handwritten on a napkin before a bomb went off at a luncheon for the Republic senate.

In the book, it's alluded to a twi'lek leaving the warning, but a few of us somewhat recently looked up the exact text, and it's not written as concretely as I originally remembered when I read it...so there's definitely some wiggle room for someone else having left the warning.
@ISeeAnIsland
What's interesting about the Pablo tweet though is that I seem to recall he only mentioned 2-3 things that came from Rian, and I think they were: 1) some details about the politics of the Republic and 2) the "napkin" incident. I don't recall him mentioning anything about a "big Vader reveal" coming from Rian (sorry, not sure what that is because I haven't read the book).

In any case, the napkin thing is intriguing. Thanks.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Tue 13 Feb 2018, 2:34 pm

nickandnora wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@nickandnora

@ISeeAnIsland
What's interesting about the Pablo tweet though is that I seem to recall he only mentioned 2-3 things that came from Rian, and I think they were: 1) some details about the politics of the Republic and 2) the "napkin" incident. I don't recall him mentioning anything about a "big Vader reveal" coming from Rian (sorry, not sure what that is because I haven't read the book).

In any case, the napkin thing is intriguing. Thanks.

@nickandnora

I'm remembering it the same as you are (granted, I have Mommy Brain a lot of the time, and my memories aren't always 100% accurate).

There was also supposed to be something from Bloodline that was supposed to "make an appearance" in TLJ (per Rian, I believe) that we would "know it when we see it". A lot of us speculated that it would be the music box or Leia's holo to Ben...but outside of the not-subtle bloodline/red imagery, we couldn't come up with anything from Bloodline that appeared in TLJ. I'm guessing whatever it was probably got dropped from the movie.

BTW--Bloodline is really good. If you're looking to dip your toe into reading the new canon books, that's the one that I'd recommend the most.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Tue 13 Feb 2018, 2:48 pm

@nickandnora
"the Vader reveal" is THE theme of the book...

unlike the old EU in the new canon it's not common knowledge that Vader was Leia & Lukes father- in fact only the most inner circle (Luke, Leia & Han) knew about it. The reveal ruins Leia's political career and it's clear they haven't told Ben... Leia is very upset and concerned how Ben will react. That's why we thought it would play a role in his fall.

Discussion: Bloodline Novel by Claudia Gray - Page 32 Bildsc22

Discussion: Bloodline Novel by Claudia Gray - Page 32 Bildsc23

Discussion: Bloodline Novel by Claudia Gray - Page 32 Bildsc28
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by highleycreative Fri 02 Mar 2018, 6:16 am

[quote="Darth Rowan"]I also noticed the parallels between Ransolm Casterfo and Ben. The description of him; that he's very tall and wears flowing clothes to disguise his leanness, and that his hair is too long to hide his large ears.[quote="IoJovi"]

Does anyone know what page this reference is on in Bloodline?
highleycreative
highleycreative
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

https://wayofthepathfinder.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Fri 02 Mar 2018, 10:38 am

highleycreative wrote:

@highleycreative

You mean the reference to Casterfo's ears? It's page 30 of the Kindle Version- don't know which page it's in the hardcover.

Discussion: Bloodline Novel by Claudia Gray - Page 32 Bildsc30
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Fri 02 Mar 2018, 11:08 am

Night Huntress wrote:
highleycreative wrote:

@highleycreative

You mean the reference to Casterfo's ears? It's page 30 of the Kindle Version- don't know which page it's in the hardcover.

Discussion: Bloodline Novel by Claudia Gray - Page 32 Bildsc30
@Night Huntress

Ransolm Casterfo was such an amazing character. Wayyyyy better than Finn and Poe. I think Claudia Gray was definitely playing with our expectations there, as he really reminded me of how Ben might have turned out had he stayed with Leia and embarked on a political career. I read Bloodline ages ago, but wasn't he a bit of a nerd too? Another similarity with Ben Very Happy

And to think Claudia Gray only had 4 weeks to write the entire novel WTH Let her write a SW script!
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by highleycreative Sat 03 Mar 2018, 4:44 am

Thanks very much for that x
highleycreative
highleycreative
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

https://wayofthepathfinder.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 32 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32