Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 2

+43
Zeralyos
creepi0
Force22
Lily Snape
SoloSideCousin
EchoBase
BastilaBey
Kylo Ren
Sylvia Snow
ZenBrainJam
Kessel
Kyla Ren
ISeeAnIsland
panki
MissG
Reylo Lemon
Saracene
Blackcanary
vaderito
Darth_Awakened
FrolickingFizzgig
Mana
Rei of Sunshine
Darth Dingbat
CienaRee
Gemini
IoJovi
Little_Boots
nonesuch
Rogue Rey
Jakku
thejediskywalker
spacebaby45678
snufkin
Xylo Ren
darkspellmaster
MeadowofAshes
Queen Rey
Birdwoman
Nyx
Search Your Feelings
MyOnlyHope
BenRey
47 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 2 Empty ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 2

Post by Guest Fri 06 May 2016, 10:24 am

AppleCrumble122 wrote:
bela.mesecina wrote:@Gemini
Maybe it's KMT? I doubt it but it's not impossible...There were also rumors about Gugu Mbatha, and they seemed very possible, even now, it still says at her wikipedia page that she will have a role in ep.VIII but it turned out not to be true..so i wouldn't believe old rumors very much
edit: I just checked, it is removed from wikipedia....see? Just a rumor
@bela.mesecina

If Gugu Mbatha is indeed in VIII, could she be a KoR or something else? Wasn't she rumored to be a new female lead? It could be possible that she was shortlisted for KMT's role, but when the role went to KMT they liked her and gave her another yet smaller role, similar to how Jessica Henwick was shortlisted for Rey before it went to Daisy, but they gave her the role of Jess Pava.
@AppleCrumble122
I read somewhere that she had chemistry test with JB but i don't know if it's true. Well Rian is huge fan of hers, so it's possible.

@Gemini
I'm not against Rey Kenobi, i have said that many,many times, i love Obi Wan and would like to see anything/anyone connected to him, it's just that at the moment i can't imagine it be Rey,but if they can explain it without looking rushed then it's ok.
edit: I'm trying to be objective and Rey Kenobi doesn't look very likely to me...there are so many characters that i feel like Rey Kenobi would be rushed story...and don't forget  Knights of Ren, they need at least a little bit of backstory, that's 6 character more

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 2 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 2

Post by Guest Fri 06 May 2016, 10:40 am

bela.mesecina wrote:
AppleCrumble122 wrote:
Maybe it's KMT? I doubt it but it's not impossible...There were also rumors about Gugu Mbatha, and they seemed very possible, even now, it still says at her wikipedia page that she will have a role in ep.VIII but it turned out not to be true..so i wouldn't believe old rumors very much
@bela.mesecina

If Gugu Mbatha is indeed in VIII, could she be a KoR or something else? Wasn't she rumored to be a new female lead? It could be possible that she was shortlisted for KMT's role, but when the role went to KMT they liked her and gave her another yet smaller role, similar to how Jessica Henwick was shortlisted for Rey before it went to Daisy, but they gave her the role of Jess Pava.
@AppleCrumble122
I read somewhere that she had chemistry test with JB but i don't know if it's true. Well Rian is huge fan of hers, so it's possible.

@bela.mesecina

I hope so! She'd be an awesome KoR! Or in any role really Wink.

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 2 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 2

Post by Darth Dingbat Fri 06 May 2016, 10:51 am

The only new major roles are the ones they gave to KMT, Laura Dern and Benicio Del Toro. The only one of those that's been spoken of as a new lead is KMT.

If there's a female KOR or something, it'll be a bit part, and likely not played by anyone of Gugu's stature (alas! as I'm a big fan of Gugu, myself, and would have loved to see her in SW).

I doubt we'll get to know the KOR as individuals. In fact I'm starting to wonder how much of a role they're playing in all this at all... but that's what you get with a crowded cast, I suppose. I originally expected the KOR to be of some importance, but unless Benicio turns out to be a KOR I'm starting to think the role of the Order in this trilogy will be very minor.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 May 2016, 10:57 am

AppleCrumble122 wrote:
bela.mesecina wrote:
AppleCrumble122 wrote:
@bela.mesecina

@AppleCrumble122

@bela.mesecina

I hope so! She'd be an awesome KoR! Or in any role really Wink.

@AppleCrumble122

I didn't really mean that lol! I think all KOR will be men. What i meant to say is that they already have so many characters that introducing Rey as Obi Wan's descendant would be too much for one trilogy, all other characters would get much less development in favor of Rey Kenobi. I think it's better to have few well written characters (with enough screen time to make it believable) and maybe at the very end reveal that Rey is Kenobi. Maybe he talks to her or Luke talks about him and at the end or close to the end she finds Obi Wan's diary (Luke has it) and reads something that makes her ask Luke about it and them Luke or Obi-Wan explains it to her. That's the only way Rey Kenobi can be told well (in my opinion)

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 06 May 2016, 11:06 am

You know what, screw gender equality and make all KoR men cause all the speculation whether she is Kylo's baby mama or whatever...I can't with that crap. That is why I'm happy they didn't cast a white actress in KMT role. Jaina Solo speculation wouldn't have stopped.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 May 2016, 11:12 am

vaderito wrote:You know what, screw gender equality and make all KoR men cause all the speculation whether she is Kylo's baby mama or whatever...I can't with that crap. That is why I'm happy they didn't cast a white actress in KMT role. Jaina Solo speculation wouldn't have stopped.
@vaderito

Huh? Are there actually people who are speculating that a female KoR has had a baby with Kylo Ren?! Were they speculating that KMT was Jaina Solo before she was cast? Haha! I remember when Daisy Ridley was first cast, I thought she was Jaina Solo since she looks so much like her Wink. But I personally I would love a couple of female KoR! Wink But let them speculate because they'll all be wrong in the end.

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Fri 06 May 2016, 11:14 am

Yeah, I think the KOR will be all men, and they're not all human from the looks of it. They're all very tall in the vision, for one thing. There's only one who I think might be a woman - the one with the axe - but even that would be a very tall woman. All of the rumoured actresses - Gugu, Maslany, etc. - were very petite, either KMT's height or at most two inches taller.

I did like the idea of Laura Dern as a KOR, though. She'd have been tall enough, too.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Fri 06 May 2016, 11:15 am

AppleCrumble122 wrote:
vaderito wrote:You know what, screw gender equality and make all KoR men cause all the speculation whether she is Kylo's baby mama or whatever...I can't with that crap. That is why I'm happy they didn't cast a white actress in KMT role. Jaina Solo speculation wouldn't have stopped.
@vaderito

Huh? Are there actually people who are speculating that a female KoR has had a baby with Kylo Ren?! Were they speculating that KMT was Jaina Solo before she was cast? Haha! I remember when Daisy Ridley was first cast, I thought she was Jaina Solo since she looks so much like her Wink. But I personally I would love a couple of female KoR! Wink But let them speculate because they'll all be wrong in the end.
@AppleCrumble122

I think a lot of antis have latched onto the idea of Kylo having children already, therefore eliminating the need of making further Skywalker babies with Rey, but still ensuring new Skywalkers for the future trilogies...
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Fri 06 May 2016, 11:18 am

Sorry for triple-posting, but tbh when the likes of Tatiana Maslany and Olivia Cooke were rumoured for Episode VIII, I, too, wondered if we'd be introduced to a Solo daughter.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 May 2016, 11:21 am

Darth Dingbat wrote:
AppleCrumble122 wrote:
@vaderito

@AppleCrumble122

I think a lot of antis have latched onto the idea of Kylo having children already, therefore eliminating the need of making further Skywalker babies with Rey, but still ensuring new Skywalkers for the future trilogies...
@Darth Dingbat

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 2 Tumblr_inline_nk9a9x3gvs1sy8yc9

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Fri 06 May 2016, 11:23 am

Believe it or not, @AppleCrumble122, but some people even assumed and/or hoped that KMT would be Kylo's KOR girlfriend/baby mama when she was announced.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 May 2016, 11:25 am

Darth Dingbat wrote:Believe it or not, @AppleCrumble122, but some people even assumed and/or hoped that KMT would be Kylo's KOR girlfriend/baby mama when she was announced.
@Darth Dingbat

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 2 Tumblr_nyqhnq6qMa1uu96c6o1_500

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow Fri 06 May 2016, 11:28 am

@Darth Dingbat

That and the theory where Rey is Kylo's daughter. 
ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 2 B6b2c873d7ac69d9e5293c943f68ebbe
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Fri 06 May 2016, 11:30 am

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
Gemini wrote:
@bela.mesecina

Old rumours from the earliest stages of production and casting are not to be taken lightly IMO...usually they are pretty close to something, In this case, in its simplist form: the early casting process for the young female lead is tied in with a Kenobi descendent.

I also dont understand whats wrong with her being connected to a legacy character, why is there now a stigma on this board surrounding it?..Kylo Ren is and it hasnt boxed in his character at all, he's still his own character and is connected to Darth Vader

Its also not my preference that she is tied in with Kenobi.. I just think she is based on what the film presented to us and the choices JJ made with scenes and the plot and most specifically what he chose to do with her journey to Luke.

If that stuff wasnt there, I'd think she was a random and be OK with that. Heck I am OK with that if thats who she is and I read the film wrong.
@Gemini
After giving it a lot of thought I've come to realize that I would prefer if Rey as a character introduces us to new ideas beyond the relatively small world we've encountered so far in Star Wars. There are bigger things out there than legacy families from the OT, things that could change the way we see the Force or the Jedi or the political galaxy. I would take that over another secret legacy relation reveal (especially to Obi-Wan, a character who canonically never had a child, whose love-interest died, who spent the last years of his life watching over Luke on Tattouine). From that perspective the more I think about Rey being a Kenobi (Obi-Wan's actual grandaugter in particular) the more I find it incredibly unsatisfying. I don't even find it all that poetic. Add that to the fact that Rey's backstory already has to be fundamental to this trilogy it's not hard for me to come to the conclusion that slapping the Kenobi surname on Rey is not worth what it would require in terms of exposition. I know you say it wouldn't be that hard to explain, but I could not disagree more (and I suspect many would say the same, especially now when LucasFilm/Disney are doing everything they can to market Star Wars to a worldwide audience).

Also if you really think about it Rey Kenobi is banking on rumours of an Obi-Wan movie that hasn't been announced yet to flesh out the countless questions that would be posed from the reveal. The same could have been said about Rey Skywalker. A great deal of the "logic" behind that theory was based around Rogue One introducing us to Luke's wife. And yet that didn't happen, and we've since been repeatedly told that the standalone movies are standalone. We'll never need to watch them in order to understand something from a major trilogy, but that's exactly what Rey Kenobi would require.
@FrolickingFizzgig
I just think The ga doesn't want or need massive explanations as to why she's a kenobi. If Maz was revealed to be related to yoda people would just accept it. The only people who would really be bothered are the hardcore Star Wars fans. I've said it lots of times if she's a kenobi it doesn't need huge amount of backstory it can be answered in under 5 minutes of screen time if it's done right. It doesbt even need that for the ga to accept it. Luke just has to say "I knew your grandfather" and that's that

Also when showing her parents in a flashback you just have to show them with kenobi for a fraction of a minute.

As a filmmaker I just don't see it as problematic if it's revealed. It wouldn't cause problems with the story.

That's just my opinion anyway

Last edited by Gemini on Fri 06 May 2016, 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Fri 06 May 2016, 11:30 am

@vaderito

I agree, that kind of speculation would get so annoying if there were a female knight.  We don't need another plot contrived surprise Solo baby like they did with Jacen Solo.  Kylo's kids have not been born yet.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Fri 06 May 2016, 11:30 am

Sylvia Snow wrote:@Darth Dingbat

@Sylvia Snow

Yes... that's the most puzzling one, to date. And one that presents some interesting logistical challenges.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BenRey Fri 06 May 2016, 11:31 am

@Sylvia Snow

I did a triple take when I read that theory. The reach..... Shocked
BenRey
BenRey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Fri 06 May 2016, 11:32 am

AppleCrumble122 wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:Believe it or not, @AppleCrumble122, but some people even assumed and/or hoped that KMT would be Kylo's KOR girlfriend/baby mama when she was announced.
@Darth Dingbat

@AppleCrumble122

I only saw one group that wished/hoped for that...I don't think anyone else seriously considered such a thing.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 May 2016, 11:33 am

@Sylvia Snow

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 2 Tumblr_luknndtrik1qkq0wr

That theory is just gold! They apparently expect Star Wars to become a soap opera teenage pregnancy storyline!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow Fri 06 May 2016, 11:33 am

BenRey wrote:

@Sylvia Snow

I did a triple take when I read that theory. The reach..... Shocked
@BenRey

... is above and beyond. I never to read anything related to that theory.
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow Fri 06 May 2016, 11:36 am

AppleCrumble122 wrote:

@Sylvia Snow

That theory is just gold! They apparently expect Star Wars to become a soap opera teenage pregnancy storyline!
@AppleCrumble122

Kylo : Rey, I am your father  ROFL ROFL ROFL
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Fri 06 May 2016, 11:37 am

Kessel89 wrote:
AppleCrumble122 wrote:
@Darth Dingbat

@AppleCrumble122

I only saw one group that wished/hoped for that...I don't think anyone else seriously considered such a thing.
@Kessel89

We're probably talking about the same group Very Happy

Honestly, Laura Dern as a KOR would have been cool, IMO. She's really tall, and contrary to typecasting I think she'd play a bad*** really well. And because of her age there probably wouldn't have been any "Kylo's baby mama" rumours about her...

Eh, who am I kidding, of course there would have been. She'd have been a cougar KOR who had a baby with 20-year-old Ben Solo, before turning him to the Dark Side.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Fri 06 May 2016, 11:40 am

Sylvia Snow wrote:
AppleCrumble122 wrote:

@Sylvia Snow

@AppleCrumble122

Kylo : Rey, I am your father  ROFL ROFL ROFL
@Sylvia Snow

Omg, that reminds me of the "theory" that 10-year-old Kylo and Luke loved the same woman and she chose Luke and had Rey? I don't remember if this theory also included Kylo leaving  Rey on Jakku out of jealousy and spite of Luke? I kind of blanked when I read it the first time...

Last edited by Kessel89 on Fri 06 May 2016, 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 May 2016, 11:40 am

The worst theory i heard about is that Kylo is Snoke from the future Very Happy It's on youtube

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 06 May 2016, 11:47 am

So what's everyone making of these:

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 2 A11
ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 2 Img_2014

same source previously posted:

SPOILER WARNING
FULL Production schedule and main noteable dates
Main Cast List Reveal Date :
Tuesday 03 May 2016
Filming schedule :
Skellig Michael, Ireland -
Monday 14 September to Friday 18 September 2015
2nd Unit
Jaron Presant
Pinewood Studios, UK -
Monday 28 January 2016
Pre-production and rehearsals -
Monday 07 February to Friday 11 March 2016
VFX -
Monday 29 February to Friday 11 March 2016
1st Unit
Steve Yedlin
Dubrovnik, Croatia -
Monday 29 February to Sunday 27 March 2016
Closed sets -
Wednesday 09 March to Wednesday 16 March 2016
2nd Unit
Jaron Presant
Pinewood Studios, UK / undisclosed, UK -
Rehearsals and VFX -
Overnight and outdoor sets -
Friday 18 March to Sunday 01 May 2016
1st Unit
Steve Yedlin
2nd Unit
Jaron Presant
Imaginarium Studios, UK -
Rehearsals -
Monday 18 April to Sunday 01 May 2016
VFX -
Monday 02 May to Sunday 12 June 2016
Malin Head, Ireland -
Rehearsal
Friday 06 May 2016
Closed sets -
Friday 13 May 2016 to Sunday 15 May 2016
1st Unit
Steve Yedlin
Ceann Sibéal, Ireland -
Rehearsal
Wednesday 18 May 2016
Closed sets -
Sybil Head
Wednesday 25 May to Sunday 05 June 2016
Dunmore Head
Friday 27 May to Friday 03 June 2016
1st Unit
Steve Yedlin
2nd Unit
Jaron Presant
June 2016
Pinewood Studios, UK / undisclosed, UK -
Rehearsals and VFX -
Monday 13 June to Sunday 10 July 2016
1st Unit
Steve Yedlin
2nd Unit
Jaron Presant
Iceland -
July 2016
August 2016
September 2016
October 2016
November 2016 (if required)
Film Title Reveal date :
Week commencing
Tuesday 01 November 2016
First Trailer Release Date :
Week commencing
Monday 28 November 2016

https://www.facebook.com/KY10REY/posts/1094995607263813
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next