Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 2

+43
Zeralyos
creepi0
Force22
Lily Snape
SoloSideCousin
EchoBase
BastilaBey
Kylo Ren
Sylvia Snow
ZenBrainJam
Kessel
Kyla Ren
ISeeAnIsland
panki
MissG
Reylo Lemon
Saracene
Blackcanary
vaderito
Darth_Awakened
FrolickingFizzgig
Mana
Rei of Sunshine
Darth Dingbat
CienaRee
Gemini
IoJovi
Little_Boots
nonesuch
Rogue Rey
Jakku
thejediskywalker
spacebaby45678
snufkin
Xylo Ren
darkspellmaster
MeadowofAshes
Queen Rey
Birdwoman
Nyx
Search Your Feelings
MyOnlyHope
BenRey
47 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 2 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 2

Post by snufkin Fri 13 May 2016, 1:33 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
snufkin wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
snufkin wrote:Hey I'm just glad that something I *knew* was going on and got told by 99.99% of the Internet was me just being a dumb female is confirmed to be right on. Pretty much anything I read now about how Rey is Luke's daughter just screams mansplaining to this feminist killjoy. It honestly bothered me so much because I knew what I was seeing the first time I wandered into a matinee on a lark back in February, so this has been some kind of combination fantasy baseball league/group therapy/book club.

IO9 has some good writing, but I tend to gravitate more to Tor.com if I want to read about science fiction/fantasy/horror. They seem to be a little more thoughtful and willing to dig below the surface in what's discussed.
@snufkin

I remember how fairly recently you postulated that we could be seeing a selfish Kylo with an ulterior motive for most of VIII with a true redemption starting in IX (apologies if I'm mis-remembering what you said--it could just be my own interpretation)--his selfish motive being wanting to keep Rey with him, etc. At the time, I loved the idea but thought that there was no way that Rey and Kylo would get enough screen time together in VIII to develop that properly.

However, if Kylo is showing up on Ahch-To alone and fairly early in VIII, I think you're right on with what we're getting as far as his character arc. And I look very forward to seeing it!

I re-watched TFA last night, and while Rey certainly shows flashes of attraction/interest, it's almost hilarious at how badly Kylo is thinking with his d*** for the last 1/3 of that movie (outside of the Han Solo scene). I want more of that in VIII (especially when he's not completely unhinged from just killing his father).
@ISeeAnIsland

Postulate is so much more better a word than how I tend to think of myself as talking out of my a**! But yeah, having seen The Brothers Bloom and Looper, that was my best guess. However he shows up there (Force Bond is totally a psychic booty call), he has a self serving agenda that gradually gets dismantled both because of underlying emotions of self loathing/doubt and being influenced by the other characters. Happens in both of those movies, where the morally shifty main character has a sense that he can be a better man and part of his growth/maturation is in developing a relationship with the female lead. And what's great about Johnson is that neither of the women in those movies are flat, 2 dimensional plot points to help the male character evolve. They're equally as complicated and in many ways, a lot tougher, smarter, wiser in the ways women have to be in order to survive. So I've been hoping that they were going to take advantage of the type of stories he's done before to go in that direction. It make take 2 full movies for him to completely break free and become his own person, but it looks like it's happening sooner rather than later.
@snufkin

Yes! And I think that's what I'm most excited about re: Kylo is coming! I don't want to see him be evil, evil, evil, and then have a late-breaking change-of-heart where he redeems himself, and only then, can Rey have feelings for him.

I want to see him evolve over the next 2 movies...and I want to see Rey evolve. And I want to see Rey's feelings for him evolve as he evolves, and concurrently, I want to see the feelings that he has for Rey become less selfish and more selfless.

"I want, I want, I want...!" Gee, now I sound like some of the posters over at that other place.
@ISeeAnIsland

I think that's a deliberate choice if the backstory that's coming out is that only Luke got to see the complete change of heart for Vader and how it screwed up things for Leia with fallout for her kid. He's in a pretty bad place, but the point of Johnson's previous protagonists (including a hitman) was that people can still evolve and find it within themselves to change and be better, especially when they find meaning in their relationships with other people. Anybody who thinks it's going to be "cute tomboy underdog and righteous hero Luke defeat eeevil nephew" probably won't like Johnson's other movies. I'm not in that group!
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 2 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 2

Post by Darth Dingbat Fri 13 May 2016, 1:34 pm

vaderito wrote:Hopefully local spies get photos of cast in their costumes - new hair for Rey, Kylo's scar and whatever he's wearing, Luke's Dooku outfit, etc.
@vaderito

I'm putting my faith in the Daily Mail!

(now there's a sentence you'll only hear from me in the context of Star Wars spoiler photos)
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by EchoBase Fri 13 May 2016, 1:36 pm

vaderito wrote:ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 2 - Page 40 Tumblr_inline_o6vz81z3cV1u89orb_1280

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 2 - Page 40 Charlize4
@vaderito

What a babe.
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 13 May 2016, 1:37 pm

If I could get my way, he'll come dressed more low key, like Han. None of that dark Lord sith. So that he can easily get rid off wet clothes. Twisted Evil
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Fri 13 May 2016, 1:37 pm

BastilaBey wrote:
vaderito wrote:Hopefully local spies get photos of cast in their costumes - new hair for Rey, Kylo's scar and whatever he's wearing, Luke's Dooku outfit, etc.
@vaderito

Really curious to see how prominent the scar will be and whether he is wearing the exact same costume...seems like those robes would be pretty impractical for Ahch-To, but I guess they're impractical everywhere!

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 2 - Page 40 Tumblr_o07oadyAdq1v36l0fo1_500
@BastilaBey

What if he has a new costume, and it's mostly....grey!
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 13 May 2016, 1:38 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
BastilaBey wrote:
@vaderito

Really curious to see how prominent the scar will be and whether he is wearing the exact same costume...seems like those robes would be pretty impractical for Ahch-To, but I guess they're impractical everywhere!

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 2 - Page 40 Tumblr_o07oadyAdq1v36l0fo1_500
@BastilaBey

What if he has a new costume, and it's mostly....grey!
@ISeeAnIsland

What if all 3 are dressed...mostly grey? affraid
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Fri 13 May 2016, 1:39 pm

@IseeanIsland Rey's costume sounds like it could be a blend of white and grey so yeah, maybe they meet somewhere in the middle...if not in VIII, I would definitely expect a change in IX. If he's still wearing black, it should at least be a pared down version. Doesn't make sense for him to have the mask or hood up if he's just on a planet with Luke and Rey, they already know what he looks like.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by snufkin Fri 13 May 2016, 1:46 pm

This is when I get sad that Eiko Ishioka passed away, because she made the most amazing/beautiful costumes. http://bit.ly/225hY2M
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Fri 13 May 2016, 1:47 pm

http://makingstarwars.net/2016/05/filming-at-malin-head-is-about-to-begin-on-star-wars-episode-viii-actors-and-photos/

MSW woke up.
Nothing special - Jason is still unsure about the Falcon, like we are.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 13 May 2016, 1:48 pm

Kylo needs to get naked. It's a total waste to cast AD without a nekkid scene.

But anyway, very curious what Rey and Kylo and Rey, Kylo and Luke scenes will be. I hope they go over to the tree. maybe Luke banishes Rey and Kylo from paradise or something?
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Fri 13 May 2016, 1:53 pm

vaderito wrote:Kylo needs to get naked. It's a total waste to cast AD without a nekkid scene.

But anyway, very curious what Rey and Kylo and Rey, Kylo and Luke scenes will be. I hope they go over to the tree. maybe Luke banishes Rey and Kylo from paradise or something?
@vaderito

hmmmmmm
That does not look like crazy idea at all!

Btw, I wonder if the set in Malin Head could be a part of "tree set" in London (if the "Falcon" is Falcon, not some other ship)
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 13 May 2016, 2:02 pm

I don't know where tree is but it isn't Malin Head. But anyway:

Tree (somehow connected to good and evil cause First jedi temple so good + evil is a given):

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 2 - Page 40 Screen32

God like figure (blows huts, beard):

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 2 - Page 40 NE5sAgXpJWAE98_4_b

Adam and Eve

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 2 - Page 40 6STmGSK

Someone's getting kicked out at least from the hut! Twisted Evil
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackcanary Fri 13 May 2016, 2:07 pm

Anybody notice this from our mysterious friend KY10REY?

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 2 - Page 40 Tweets10

How much filming is he doing in Ireland?!
Blackcanary
Blackcanary
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Fri 13 May 2016, 2:09 pm

The tree is at Pinewood. The huts at Ceann Sibeal.

-------

http://reylo.skyforum.net/viewtopic.forum?t=209
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40