Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 2

+43
Zeralyos
creepi0
Force22
Lily Snape
SoloSideCousin
EchoBase
BastilaBey
Kylo Ren
Sylvia Snow
ZenBrainJam
Kessel
Kyla Ren
ISeeAnIsland
panki
MissG
Reylo Lemon
Saracene
Blackcanary
vaderito
Darth_Awakened
FrolickingFizzgig
Mana
Rei of Sunshine
Darth Dingbat
CienaRee
Gemini
IoJovi
Little_Boots
nonesuch
Rogue Rey
Jakku
thejediskywalker
spacebaby45678
snufkin
Xylo Ren
darkspellmaster
MeadowofAshes
Queen Rey
Birdwoman
Nyx
Search Your Feelings
MyOnlyHope
BenRey
47 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 2

Post by Gemini Fri 06 May 2016, 11:56 am

So is there actually a woman cast as a female knight of ren?
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 2

Post by Darth Dingbat Fri 06 May 2016, 11:58 am

Gemini wrote:So is there actually a woman cast as a female knight of ren?
@Gemini

Nope.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Fri 06 May 2016, 12:00 pm

Darth Dingbat wrote:
@Gemini

Nope.
@Darth Dingbat

Good!
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 May 2016, 12:24 pm

Gemini wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:
@Gemini

Nope.
@Darth Dingbat

Good!
@Gemini

I'm curious - why does nobody want a female KoR? Is it because of the speculations alone or is it because the writers might make her be like Bellatrix was with Voldemort in Harry Potter and constantly suck up to Kylo Ren and try to gain his approval?

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee Fri 06 May 2016, 12:29 pm

AppleCrumble122 wrote:
Gemini wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:
@Gemini

Nope.
@Darth Dingbat

Good!
@Gemini

I'm curious - why does nobody want a female KoR? Is it because of the speculations alone or is it because the writers might make her be like Bellatrix was with Voldemort in Harry Potter and constantly suck up to Kylo Ren and try to gain his approval?
@AppleCrumble122

I think it has soemthing to do with Rey's parenatge. Everytime a new female character is introduced they immediatly starts speculating whether she's Rey's mother.Rogue One is a good example for this kind fo thinking.
So if they annoucned a female KoR you can bet that some fans especially those who hate Kylo will start speculating she's his LI or he had a child with her because they know that as the last Skywalker he's the only hope of the Skywalker line continuing and he has to survive the trilogy for that to happen that's why some of them are coming up with theories that Kylo had a child/children.

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOnlyHope Fri 06 May 2016, 12:31 pm

AppleCrumble122 wrote:
Gemini wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:
@Gemini

Nope.
@Darth Dingbat

Good!
@Gemini

@AppleCrumble122
I totally expect one of the KoR to be female. An evil Bellatrix type with a weird crush on Kylo who gets super jealous of Rey would be hilarious. Rey needs to use her new lightsaber on something.
MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Fri 06 May 2016, 12:31 pm

AppleCrumble122 wrote:
Gemini wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:
@Gemini

Nope.
@Darth Dingbat

Good!
@Gemini

@AppleCrumble122

I would love to see a female KOR! I just doubt we're getting one, though I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for Laura Dern to play one, despite those reports of her playing a Resistance character. Somehow, though, I doubt we'll be seeing any important or especially individuated KOR.

I suppose the female KOR being written as a jealous Bellatrix type would be a real risk, alas.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 May 2016, 12:37 pm

AppleCrumble122 wrote:
Gemini wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:
@Gemini

Nope.
@Darth Dingbat

Good!
@Gemini

@AppleCrumble122

My reason is because they somehow remind me of samurais and they were almost always men. Have you seen their designs? They were inspired by samurais for sure. Lawrence Kasdan said he was always inspired by Akira Kurosawa and 7 samurais movie...can it be just a coincidence that there there are 7 KOR and that they look like samurais?
ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 2 - Page 2 Ren-1-10
ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 2 - Page 2 Samura10

edit: I mean, they remind me of samurais

Last edited by bela.mesecina on Fri 06 May 2016, 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Fri 06 May 2016, 12:38 pm

AppleCrumble122 wrote:
Gemini wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:
@Gemini

Nope.
@Darth Dingbat

Good!
@Gemini

@AppleCrumble122

It's the worry that she would be used as a love interest. That's the sad thing about film, even though this is based around a girl(Rey) it would strongly suggest she would be a love interest and that's all. If there was more than one woman in there it would mean nothing
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BenRey Fri 06 May 2016, 12:40 pm

AppleCrumble122 wrote:
Gemini wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:
@Gemini

Nope.
@Darth Dingbat

Good!
@Gemini

@AppleCrumble122

The shipping wars in this fandom are already toxic. Introducing a female KoR means more fans hating on Reylo. It will be Kylux all over again. I know some members here ship Kylux, but the majority that I've seen hate Reylo with a passion. Even more so than Finnreys.

Last edited by BenRey on Fri 06 May 2016, 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
BenRey
BenRey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Fri 06 May 2016, 12:42 pm

MyOnlyHope wrote:
AppleCrumble122 wrote:
Gemini wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:
@Gemini

Nope.
@Darth Dingbat

Good!
@Gemini

@AppleCrumble122
I totally expect one of the KoR to be female. An evil Bellatrix type with a weird crush on Kylo who gets super jealous of Rey would be hilarious. Rey needs to use her new lightsaber on something.
@MyOnlyHope

I just wish there could be a female KOR without her having any romantic interest but I just don't trust the writers lol, when writers are men and they add a random female supporting actress it's usually only because they want her to be a love interest

Although! Look at phasma.. But she's not really traditional
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 May 2016, 12:45 pm

CienaRee wrote:
@AppleCrumble122

I think it has soemthing to do with  Rey's parenatge. Everytime a new female character is introduced they immediatly starts speculating whether she's Rey's mother.Rogue One is a good example for this kind fo thinking.
So if they annoucned a female KoR you can bet that some fans especially those who hate Kylo will start speculating she's his LI or he had a child with her because they know that as the last Skywalker he's the only hope of the Skywalker line continuing and he has to survive the trilogy for that to happen that's why some of them are coming up with theories that Kylo had a child/children.
@CienaRee

Thanks. It does make sense. Personally I'm not bothered by it. Reylo and Rey's parentage has survived almost every theory out there, from Rey being Luke's daughter and Kylo being the one to leave her on Jakku because they're "cousins", to Rey being Jyn's daughter (regardless of whether Luke or Diego Luna is the father) to being Poe's sister and ending up with Finn! Kylo Ren having a KoR LI with a baby is hardly a speck of dust compared to some of the more credible theories, not to mention one of the more hilarious ones. So let them speculate and look like fools when episode VIII and IX come out. We all know who Kylo Ren's LI (and future mother of his kids if they ever go down that route) will be from what the story has told us Wink.

MyOnlyHope wrote:@AppleCrumble122
@MyOnlyHope

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this! If there is a female KoR, I doubt it would be the case. But I still like the idea of it Wink.

Darth Dingbat wrote:
@AppleCrumble122

I would love to see a female KOR! I just doubt we're getting one, though I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for Laura Dern to play one, despite those reports of her playing a Resistance character. Somehow, though, I doubt we'll be seeing any important or especially individuated KOR.
@Darth Dingbat

I want there to be three! Because there's always one female in a group of male villains and it's become a bit of a pet peeve of mine e.g Bellatrix, Phasma, the female Bond villains etc.

Last edited by AppleCrumble122 on Fri 06 May 2016, 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 06 May 2016, 12:49 pm

Well, Malin head (AD) and Dunmore Head (DR) are just 25 min drive away from each other. Hmmm. Doubtful they are filming separately if rumor is true that they are going to be in those locations. Sybil Head is on the other side of the Country, though.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Search Your Feelings Fri 06 May 2016, 12:52 pm

bela.mesecina wrote:
AppleCrumble122 wrote:
Gemini wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:
@Gemini

Nope.
@Darth Dingbat

Good!
@Gemini

@AppleCrumble122

My reason is because they somehow remind me of samurais and they were almost always men. Have you seen their designs? They were inspired by samurais for sure. Lawrence Kasdan said he was always inspired by Akira Kurosawa and 7 samurais movie...can it be just a coincidence that there there are 7 KOR and that they look like samurais?
ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 2 - Page 2 Ren-1-10
ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 2 - Page 2 Samura10

edit: I mean, they remind me of samurais
@bela.mesecina

The whole "The Rogue, The Heavy, The Armoury" really looks like a set up for some spinoff material that Disney has in mind for the future, which means they may not be purely evil.  We've speculated that since they were referred to as the 7 Light, they could be a group of mercenary type warriors who don't belong to the FO or Snoke but are used as a sort of task force.  Maybe they start off hunting Kylo when he starts turning on Snoke, but then end up joining him.  Then the KOR and Kylo go into exile at the end for future comics (with or without Rey). It just seems like they are characters who are primed to being explored in a comic later on after the fall of Snoke/FO, when that story is ended.
Search Your Feelings
Search Your Feelings
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOnlyHope Fri 06 May 2016, 12:54 pm

BenRey wrote:
AppleCrumble122 wrote:
Gemini wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:
@Gemini

Nope.
@Darth Dingbat

Good!
@Gemini

@AppleCrumble122

The shipping wars in this fandom are already toxic. Introducing a female KoR means more fans hating on Reylo. It will be Kylux all over again. I know some members here ship Kylux, but the majority that I'm seen hate Reylo with a passion. Even more so than Finnreys.
@BenRey
Why? Aren't they just shipping Kylux for the "fun" of it? It's not like they expect it to become canon... right?
MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 May 2016, 12:55 pm

BenRey wrote:
@AppleCrumble122

The shipping wars in this fandom are already toxic. Introducing a female KoR means more fans hating on Reylo. It will be Kylux all over again. I know some members here ship Kylux, but the majority that I'm seen hate Reylo with a passion. Even more so than Finnreys.
@BenRey

Trust me, I've seen worse shipping wars! But I totally get your point. If there was a Kylo Ren/FKoR pairing, you can bet on it that the crazy slash shippers (not all of them, I know some people here are slash fans) would hate on her and the pairing just as much as Reylo. That's what the majority of them do - hate on het pairings regardless of how much of a threat they are. That's why I'm really worried for Kelly Marie Tran, because the hate the Stormpilot fans are going to feel for her will be enormous (again, I know not all of them will and I know there are plenty of stormpilot guys here who won't). But this is based on what I've seen the majority of slash shippers do.

Back to top Go down

Post by BenRey Fri 06 May 2016, 1:04 pm

MyOnlyHope wrote:
BenRey wrote:
AppleCrumble122 wrote:
Gemini wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:
@Gemini

Nope.
@Darth Dingbat

Good!
@Gemini

@AppleCrumble122

@BenRey
Why? Aren't they just shipping Kylux for the "fun" of it? It's not like they expect it to become canon... right?
@MyOnlyHope

The Kylux shippers on Twitter and Tumblr spew a lot of Reylo hate. I don't like them.
BenRey
BenRey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Fri 06 May 2016, 1:08 pm

It's funny we don't spew much hatred. When something is a threat to how you want the story to go , that's when hatred gets spewed

Finnrey does not bother me

Nor does kylux

Because I'm pretty content and confident that they will not be canon

Last edited by Gemini on Fri 06 May 2016, 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Fri 06 May 2016, 1:10 pm

vaderito wrote:Well, Malin head (AD) and Dunmore Head (DR) are just 25 min drive away from each other. Hmmm. Doubtful they are filming separately if rumor is true that they are going to be in those locations. Sybil Head is on the other side of the Country, though.
@vaderito

I agree, if Adam does show up on Ahch-To (and that seems very likely to me), I doubt they'd be filming separately. Why on earth would they? I'm still curious to know where that person has heard of Dunmore Head, though - it hasn't been mentioned anywhere AFAIK. And that person's list doesn't mention Brow Head at all. If the list is correct, was Brow Head only misdirection, I wonder?

Who knows, they might be secretly shooting somewhere right now...

I wonder how many sightings we'll get from these locations. It would seem an ideal place for snooping, but the strategy might be similar to Dubrovnik - we see the cool sets they've built and probably get some things that seem like revelations, but all the crucial spoilers are kept under wraps.

I guess the space horse was the only genuinely spoilery photo from Dubrovnik.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Fri 06 May 2016, 1:12 pm

MyOnlyHope wrote:
BenRey wrote:
AppleCrumble122 wrote:
Gemini wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:
@Gemini

Nope.
@Darth Dingbat

Good!
@Gemini

@AppleCrumble122

@BenRey
@MyOnlyHope

I doubt they expect Kylux to become canon, but they would probably prefer Kylo's sexuality to remain undefined...
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Fri 06 May 2016, 1:21 pm

How about if we have a female KOR but she is from an alien species....not a pretty Twi'lek but a Gungan, Wookie, Pyke or Falleen? Razz Then we'd have female representation but not the kind people would consider baby mama material... Very Happy

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Fri 06 May 2016, 1:28 pm

Darth Dingbat wrote:
MyOnlyHope wrote:
BenRey wrote:
AppleCrumble122 wrote:
Gemini wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:
@Gemini

Nope.
@Darth Dingbat

Good!
@Gemini

@AppleCrumble122

@BenRey
@MyOnlyHope

I doubt they expect Kylux to become canon, but they would probably prefer Kylo's sexuality to remain undefined...
@Darth Dingbat

Kylux has as much chance of becoming canon as Finn and Phasma (Finnasma?) or Ruke.

What reasons would Kylux shippers have to hate Reylo? Is it because Reylo requires Kylo to be straight (or at least bi)? Surely it's not the whole 'abuse' issue because (and forgive me if I'm incorrect), isn't Kylux based on a rather violent/acrimonious dynamic?
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 06 May 2016, 1:28 pm

Guys, this is a Spoiler thread and every time it's updated, I think it's some news and than it turns out it's discussion about shipper wars (way off topic) and speculation about female KoR (belongs in KoR thread). lets keep spoilers and rumors thread about those.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 06 May 2016, 1:31 pm

OK, if this doesn't bring discussion back on track don't know what will:

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 2 - Page 2 Screen31
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Fri 06 May 2016, 1:34 pm

Wouldn't a waterfall scene be easier to shoot in a studio, I wonder?
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next