Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 2

+43
Zeralyos
creepi0
Force22
Lily Snape
SoloSideCousin
EchoBase
BastilaBey
Kylo Ren
Sylvia Snow
ZenBrainJam
Kessel
Kyla Ren
ISeeAnIsland
panki
MissG
Reylo Lemon
Saracene
Blackcanary
vaderito
Darth_Awakened
FrolickingFizzgig
Mana
Rei of Sunshine
Darth Dingbat
CienaRee
Gemini
IoJovi
Little_Boots
nonesuch
Rogue Rey
Jakku
thejediskywalker
spacebaby45678
snufkin
Xylo Ren
darkspellmaster
MeadowofAshes
Queen Rey
Birdwoman
Nyx
Search Your Feelings
MyOnlyHope
BenRey
47 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 2 - Page 39 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 2

Post by vaderito Fri 13 May 2016, 12:14 pm

I'm super ecstatic that we were right about:

Kylo Is Coming - means that he and Rey will interact while she's on Ahch-to in some form, be it a Force Bond or physical presence

KMT's big role - it was never reduced, never, never, never
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 2 - Page 39 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 2

Post by Guest Fri 13 May 2016, 12:20 pm

Articles like this one demonstrate how far behind on speculation and thinking some of the major Sci-fi sites are because they've been ignoring what was under their noses the whole time i.e the Reylo potential...

http://io9.gizmodo.com/what-the-heck-is-star-wars-episode-viii-filming-in-ire-1776481666

ETA - I believe the person who runs i09 is a Reywalker, so I guess it's not surprising they are mind boggled by these recent developments!

Last edited by Mrs Ben Solo on Fri 13 May 2016, 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Fri 13 May 2016, 12:22 pm

@panki:

Those pictures look beautiful!
I really hope that Ben's redemption arc starts in ep8 or he goes rogue andleaves the FO and Snoke, but then I wonder what would be left for Ep 9. Will there be another conflict? A new big bad?
I really don't hope that he comes to ahch-to just to act he wants to be redeemed, so he can set a trap or something. But at least Luke would sense it, wouldn't he? Or Rey, because of the possible force bond, after all she is able to read his mind.

I would really love to see them fighting together in ep9, I want him to be on her side. Therefore I want episode 8 to be about him, about his transformation to the light side. Or they can meet in the middle, I don't care, I want them to be on the same side.
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Fri 13 May 2016, 12:26 pm

@Echobase After having watched Rian Johnson's previous movies, there seems to be a running theme of a morally dubious central character who struggles with an inner conflict. They tend to be pretty selfish initially and then eventually redeem themselves through a selfless act, but they appear to have an ulterior motive for much of the story. I obviously can't say whether this was the reason Johnson was chosen as director, but it's clearly along the lines of themes he enjoys exploring.

I'm the same as you, I would like Kylo to start reflecting sooner rather than later so that we actually see him begin to redeem himself, rather than a Vader last minute turn which isn't particularly interesting. But it might appear for much of 8 that he's actually become darker and more powerful, for a twist to happen later on when he does something that reveals his compassion for Rey.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 13 May 2016, 12:29 pm

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:Articles like this one demonstrate how far behind on speculation and thinking some of the major Sci-fi sites are because they've been ignoring what was under their noses the whole time i.e the Reylo potential...

http://io9.gizmodo.com/what-the-heck-is-star-wars-episode-viii-filming-in-ire-1776481666

ETA - I believe the person who runs i09 is a Reywalker, so I guess it's not surprising they are mind boggled by these recent developments!
@Mrs Ben Solo

They'll come around. TFA had undeniable Reylo evidence, we predicted that Kylo and Rey would interact while she's training and that KMT was a big role in Finn's story (coughRomancecough). And that Rey is Neywalker, duh!
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Fri 13 May 2016, 12:33 pm

BastilaBey wrote:@Echobase After having watched Rian Johnson's previous movies, there seems to be a running theme of a morally dubious central character who struggles with an inner conflict. They tend to be pretty selfish initially and then eventually redeem themselves through a selfless act, but they appear to have an ulterior motive for much of the story. I obviously can't say whether this was the reason Johnson was chosen as director, but it's clearly along the lines of themes he enjoys exploring.

I'm the same as you, I would like Kylo to start reflecting sooner rather than later so that we actually see him begin to redeem himself, rather than a Vader last minute turn which isn't particularly interesting. But it might appear for much of 8 that he's actually become darker and more powerful, for a twist to happen later on when he does something that reveals his compassion for Rey.
@BastilaBey

I could live with that, as long as he shows his compassion for her in this episode and they share a moment of mutual affection Wink.
What you write about RJ's previous work sounds promising, too.
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Fri 13 May 2016, 12:36 pm

vaderito wrote:I'm super ecstatic that we were right about:

Kylo Is Coming - means that he and Rey will interact while she's on Ahch-to in some form, be it a Force Bond or physical presence

KMT's big role - it was never reduced, never, never, never
@vaderito

I must say I am proud of us all.
Many things we speculated so far are becoming true and "official" by now.
I must admit for myself that I was a bit doubtful about Kylo on Anch-to (it seemed to me like a wishful thinking and I was afraid that everybody would going to be disappointed if not true at the end), but now, I see that every speculation on it was spot on.

Kudos to all!
cheers
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 13 May 2016, 12:41 pm

Rey/Kylo and Rey/Kylo/Luke had to interact at the site of the first Jedi temple. That's your money shots right there. Rey and Kylo were one of 2 TFA's biggest money shots (the other one being HanSlaying) so there you go. It was inevitable. One had to be blinded with bias not to see the logic of it.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Fri 13 May 2016, 12:42 pm

Hey I'm just glad that something I *knew* was going on and got told by 99.99% of the Internet was me just being a dumb female is confirmed to be right on. Pretty much anything I read now about how Rey is Luke's daughter just screams mansplaining to this feminist killjoy. It honestly bothered me so much because I knew what I was seeing the first time I wandered into a matinee on a lark back in February. Finding ya'll has been some kind of combination fantasy baseball league/group therapy/book club.

IO9 has some good writing, but I tend to gravitate more to Tor.com if I want to read about science fiction/fantasy/horror. They seem to be a little more thoughtful and willing to dig below the surface in what's discussed.

Last edited by snufkin on Fri 13 May 2016, 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 13 May 2016, 12:51 pm

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 2 - Page 39 Winter_is_coming_by_deviousaffair-d73z7d0
ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 2 - Page 39 Tumblr_o4vyvwYmJp1rszoo3o2_540

KYLO IS COMING
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Fri 13 May 2016, 1:09 pm

snufkin wrote:Hey I'm just glad that something I *knew* was going on and got told by 99.99% of the Internet was me just being a dumb female is confirmed to be right on. Pretty much anything I read now about how Rey is Luke's daughter just screams mansplaining to this feminist killjoy. It honestly bothered me so much because I knew what I was seeing the first time I wandered into a matinee on a lark back in February, so this has been some kind of combination fantasy baseball league/group therapy/book club.

IO9 has some good writing, but I tend to gravitate more to Tor.com if I want to read about science fiction/fantasy/horror. They seem to be a little more thoughtful and willing to dig below the surface in what's discussed.
@snufkin

I remember how fairly recently you postulated that we could be seeing a selfish Kylo with an ulterior motive for most of VIII with a true redemption starting in IX (apologies if I'm mis-remembering what you said--it could just be my own interpretation)--his selfish motive being wanting to keep Rey with him, etc. At the time, I loved the idea but thought that there was no way that Rey and Kylo would get enough screen time together in VIII to develop that properly.

However, if Kylo is showing up on Ahch-To alone and fairly early in VIII, I think you're right on with what we're getting as far as his character arc. And I look very forward to seeing it!

I re-watched TFA last night, and while Rey certainly shows flashes of attraction/interest, it's almost hilarious at how badly Kylo is thinking with his d*** for the last 1/3 of that movie (outside of the Han Solo scene). I want more of that in VIII (especially when he's not completely unhinged from just killing his father).
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 13 May 2016, 1:13 pm

Interesting...big geek sites are not reporting on what's happening in Ireland right now. I'm hoping for someone to break "embargo" and chime in with spoilerific details but so far it's dead silence. I'm hoping for MSW Podcast to spill some beans. Surely there will be questions?
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Fri 13 May 2016, 1:14 pm

vaderito wrote:

KYLO IS COMING
@vaderito

My mind tends to run more to The Tempest, which sounds almost like temptation. He'll be making some version of this offer:

O, if a virgin,
And your affection not gone forth, I'll make you
The queen of Naples.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 13 May 2016, 1:15 pm

snufkin wrote:
vaderito wrote:

KYLO IS COMING
@vaderito

My mind tends to run more to The Tempest, which sounds almost like temptation. He'll be making some version of this offer:

O, if a virgin,
The queen of Naples.
@snufkin

Virgin = Kylo Twisted Evil
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Fri 13 May 2016, 1:17 pm

Hey it's fitness Friday. I'm waiting for Daisy to post a clip on Instagram. Maybe of Adam showing her how he trains those shoulders Twisted Evil
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Fri 13 May 2016, 1:20 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
snufkin wrote:Hey I'm just glad that something I *knew* was going on and got told by 99.99% of the Internet was me just being a dumb female is confirmed to be right on. Pretty much anything I read now about how Rey is Luke's daughter just screams mansplaining to this feminist killjoy. It honestly bothered me so much because I knew what I was seeing the first time I wandered into a matinee on a lark back in February, so this has been some kind of combination fantasy baseball league/group therapy/book club.

@snufkin

I remember how fairly recently you postulated that we could be seeing a selfish Kylo with an ulterior motive for most of VIII with a true redemption starting in IX (apologies if I'm mis-remembering what you said--it could just be my own interpretation)--his selfish motive being wanting to keep Rey with him, etc. At the time, I loved the idea but thought that there was no way that Rey and Kylo would get enough screen time together in VIII to develop that properly.

However, if Kylo is showing up on Ahch-To alone and fairly early in VIII, I think you're right on with what we're getting as far as his character arc. And I look very forward to seeing it!

I re-watched TFA last night, and while Rey certainly shows flashes of attraction/interest, it's almost hilarious at how badly Kylo is thinking with his d*** for the last 1/3 of that movie (outside of the Han Solo scene). I want more of that in VIII (especially when he's not completely unhinged from just killing his father).
@ISeeAnIsland

Postulate is so much more better a word than how I tend to think of myself as talking out of my a**! But yeah, having seen The Brothers Bloom and Looper, that was my best guess. However he shows up there (Force Bond is totally a psychic booty call), he has a self serving agenda that gradually gets dismantled both because of underlying emotions of self loathing/doubt and being influenced by the other characters. Happens in both of those movies, where the morally shifty main character has a sense that he can be a better man and part of his growth/maturation is in developing a relationship with the female lead. And what's great about Johnson is that neither of the women in those movies are flat, 2 dimensional plot points to help the male character evolve. They're equally as complicated and in many ways, a lot tougher, smarter, wiser in the ways women have to be in order to survive. So I've been hoping that they were going to take advantage of the type of stories he's done before to go in that direction. It make take 2 full movies for him to completely break free and become his own person, but it looks like it's happening sooner rather than later.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 13 May 2016, 1:22 pm

Hopefully local spies get photos of cast in their costumes - new hair for Rey, Kylo's scar and whatever he's wearing, Luke's Dooku outfit, etc.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Fri 13 May 2016, 1:23 pm

snufkin wrote:Hey I'm just glad that something I *knew* was going on and got told by 99.99% of the Internet was me just being a dumb female is confirmed to be right on. Pretty much anything I read now about how Rey is Luke's daughter just screams mansplaining to this feminist killjoy. It honestly bothered me so much because I knew what I was seeing the first time I wandered into a matinee on a lark back in February. Finding ya'll has been some kind of combination fantasy baseball league/group therapy/book club.

@snufkin

Yes, that is why I am feeling immensely proud of right now. Even prouder after all the fiasco at "we-all-know-where".
True to be told - this is my first "girl-club" thing on the internet (in a sense that most of us are females) because all of my previous fandom experiences have been or mixed or mostly male fandoms.
At first I was feeling a bit in the new territory - but right now I am totally happy and feeling perfectly all right.
Maybe I have been awakened for real Wink
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Fri 13 May 2016, 1:24 pm

vaderito wrote:
snufkin wrote:
vaderito wrote:

KYLO IS COMING
@vaderito

O, if a virgin,
The queen of Naples.
@snufkin

Virgin = Kylo Twisted Evil
@vaderito

Probably! Luke will totally get his Mel Horowitz moment once he shows up and starts staring at Rey.

Callback to ESB/RotJ? The offer of ruling the galaxy together is wasted on somebody who's motivated more by wanting to have the human connections/relationships they were denied as a child.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Fri 13 May 2016, 1:26 pm

Darth_Awakened wrote:
snufkin wrote:Hey I'm just glad that something I *knew* was going on and got told by 99.99% of the Internet was me just being a dumb female is confirmed to be right on. Pretty much anything I read now about how Rey is Luke's daughter just screams mansplaining to this feminist killjoy. It honestly bothered me so much because I knew what I was seeing the first time I wandered into a matinee on a lark back in February. Finding ya'll has been some kind of combination fantasy baseball league/group therapy/book club.

@snufkin

Yes, that is why I am feeling immensely proud of right now. Even prouder after all the fiasco at "we-all-know-where".
True to be told - this is my first "girl-club" thing on the internet (in a sense that most of us are females) because all of my previous fandom experiences have been or mixed or mostly male fandoms.
At first I was feeling a bit in the new territory - but right now I am totally happy and feeling perfectly all right.
Maybe I have been awakened for real Wink
@Darth_Awakened

High five sister! I have a lot of friends I met through a feminism and crafting board that was one of the most awesome places ever on the Internet (and I'm RL friends with many of them here in the States). This place has the same vibe, which is pretty special. Episode IX is totally going to be Rey and Leia steal the MF and go on a Thelma and Louise joyride through the galaxy.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Fri 13 May 2016, 1:27 pm

snufkin wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:

@snufkin

@ISeeAnIsland

Postulate is so much more better a word than how I tend to think of myself as talking out of my a**! But yeah, having seen The Brothers Bloom and Looper, that was my best guess. However he shows up there (Force Bond is totally a psychic booty call), he has a self serving agenda that gradually gets dismantled both because of underlying emotions of self loathing/doubt and being influenced by the other characters. Happens in both of those movies, where the morally shifty main character has a sense that he can be a better man and part of his growth/maturation is in developing a relationship with the female lead. And what's great about Johnson is that neither of the women in those movies are flat, 2 dimensional plot points to help the male character evolve. They're equally as complicated and in many ways, a lot tougher, smarter, wiser in the ways women have to be in order to survive. So I've been hoping that they were going to take advantage of the type of stories he's done before to go in that direction. It make take 2 full movies for him to completely break free and become his own person, but it looks like it's happening sooner rather than later.
@snufkin

Yes! And I think that's what I'm most excited about re: Kylo is coming! I don't want to see him be evil, evil, evil, and then have a late-breaking change-of-heart where he redeems himself, and only then, can Rey have feelings for him.

I want to see him evolve over the next 2 movies...and I want to see Rey evolve. And I want to see Rey's feelings for him evolve as he evolves, and concurrently, I want to see the feelings that he has for Rey become less selfish and more selfless.

"I want, I want, I want...!" Gee, now I sound like some of the posters over at that other place.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 13 May 2016, 1:30 pm

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 2 - Page 39 Tumblr_inline_o6vz81z3cV1u89orb_1280

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 2 - Page 39 Charlize4
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Fri 13 May 2016, 1:31 pm

vaderito wrote:Hopefully local spies get photos of cast in their costumes - new hair for Rey, Kylo's scar and whatever he's wearing, Luke's Dooku outfit, etc.
@vaderito

You know, if it's just going to be Kylo, Luke, and Rey for most of those scenes, Kylo is going to be maskless for most, if not all, of those segments. And Rey is going to get a pretty good look at that scar early on. Twisted Evil
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Fri 13 May 2016, 1:32 pm

vaderito wrote:Hopefully local spies get photos of cast in their costumes - new hair for Rey, Kylo's scar and whatever he's wearing, Luke's Dooku outfit, etc.
@vaderito

Really curious to see how prominent the scar will be and whether he is wearing the exact same costume...seems like those robes would be pretty impractical for Ahch-To, but I guess they're impractical everywhere!

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 2 - Page 39 Tumblr_o07oadyAdq1v36l0fo1_500
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Fri 13 May 2016, 1:33 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@vaderito

You know, if it's just going to be Kylo, Luke, and Rey for most of those scenes, Kylo is going to be maskless for most, if not all, of those segments. And Rey is going to get a pretty good look at that scar early on. Twisted Evil
@ISeeAnIsland

There has to be a reason why his hair looks this way and he is clean shaved Very Happy.
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next