Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 3

+52
Rei of Sunshine
CienaRee
Moonjump05
Search Your Feelings
Jozie
teltaru
MissG
Irina de France
Reylo Lemon
jakkusun
MelBee
Gemini
Rimfaxe96
Little_Boots
FrolickingFizzgig
spacebaby45678
Jakku
MeadowofAshes
ZenBrainJam
Darth Rowan
snufkin
Blackcanary
Kylo Ren
Rogue Rey
EchoBase
Darth Dementor
BastilaBey
vaderito
Kyla Ren
Xylo Ren
Mana
panki
Helix
Kessel
IoJovi
Sylvia Snow
ISeeAnIsland
SoloSideCousin
AnneNeville
Darth_Awakened
Lily Snape
Force22
Birdwoman
MyOnlyHope
Darth Dingbat
Saracene
SanghaRen
Forsythia
BenRey
Marchtwin
Airemyn
AnnLouise
56 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 3 - Page 20 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 3

Post by EchoBase Sun 15 May 2016, 8:01 pm

So, filming in Malin Head really seems to be finished:

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 3 - Page 20 Image94

Or have I misunderstood here something?
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 3 - Page 20 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 3

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sun 15 May 2016, 8:04 pm

IoJovi wrote:Rey cutting her hair wouldn't fit the narration at all. Rey letting her hair down though? That's a whole different story.... Smile
@IoJovi
She definitely isn't going to cut her hair. I didn't say she would, just that it's a trope that fits in that trope-group. It's different for every character because each character has something different to overcome. If what she needs to overcome is spoiledness or selfisness, cutting her "long hair" can be symbolic of her embracing a different nature. But that isn't the case for Mulan at all, as she cuts her hair in order to abandon her "femininity" for "masculinity". The idea is essentially the same though. Hair cutting and hair-letting-down both involve a heroine letting go of something from her past in order to embrace something new.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 May 2016, 8:06 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
Excellent Wink

Rey letting her hair down could be intensely symbolic and powerful for the character going forward. She is very childlike and unsexualized in TFA, which is of course very refreshing for a female lead, but because this is a coming-of-age her journey will naturally involve embracing her femininity in order to mature physically, emotionally and spiritually. Long hair is of course very feminine.
@FrolickingFizzgig
tongue Wink

My thoughts exactly. Plus letting her hair down coupled with that lower cut top she wore at the end of TFA and assuming she still wears it in Ep VIII will symbolise her journey from girlhood to womanhood. Also as a personal opinion, I'm kind of sick of all the main heroines having short hair (even though I myself do) or having it tied up as a way to diminish their femininity (even if it is practical and/or character-changing for some).

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sun 15 May 2016, 8:07 pm

EchoBase wrote:So, filming in Malin Head really seems to be finished:

@EchoBase
I think he might be talking about the bar he went to after work?
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sun 15 May 2016, 8:07 pm

IoJovi wrote:Rey cutting her hair wouldn't fit the narration at all. Rey letting her hair down though? That's a whole different story.... Smile
@IoJovi

Agreed. She was characterized as such a de-sexualized tomboy in TFA that it would make more sense symbolically for her to let her hair down than to cut it off.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Sun 15 May 2016, 8:08 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:

@EchoBase
I think he might be talking about the bar he went to after work?
@FrolickingFizzgig

Yeah, I think this is it.
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 15 May 2016, 8:10 pm

RE: hair being let down, credit goes to @rogue rey

http://reylo.skyforum.net/t161p50-archive-rey-and-kylo-beauty-and-the-beast-scavenger-and-the-monstah-their-bond-his-love-her-confused-feelings#18641

letting your hair down does come in key moments for both Leia and Padme. I'm sure for Rey it's more along the lines of her transition from childhood to womanhood.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sun 15 May 2016, 8:10 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@IoJovi

Agreed. She was characterized as such a de-sexualized tomboy in TFA that it would make more sense symbolically for her to let her hair down than to cut it off.
@ISeeAnIsland
Guys, nobody said Rey was going to cut her hair. I compared the tropes and gave examples, but it's different for every character and every story because all characters have different journeys to experience. If a character has her hair up she'll often let it down. If it's long she'll often cut it. Just the way the trope works. They happen to symbolize something similar, a heroine letting go of something from her past (be it a literal past or a part of her own characterization) in order to move forward.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sun 15 May 2016, 8:16 pm

snufkin wrote:RE: hair being let down, credit goes to @rogue rey

http://reylo.skyforum.net/t161p50-archive-rey-and-kylo-beauty-and-the-beast-scavenger-and-the-monstah-their-bond-his-love-her-confused-feelings#18641

letting your hair down does come in key moments for both Leia and Padme. I'm sure for Rey it's more along the lines of her transition from childhood to womanhood.
@snufkin
ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 3 - Page 20 Tumblr_mdauzeN8Rg1ry10fwo1_500

Congrats @Rogue Rey!

That is of course if the MSW rumour is indeed true. They're reliable so I see no reason to believe it isn't.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 May 2016, 8:17 pm

Daisy metaphorically letting her hair down! Wink

https://twitter.com/JohnDRuddy/status/732008335805956096

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 3 - Page 20 BmxGc65

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Sun 15 May 2016, 8:18 pm

EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Sun 15 May 2016, 8:19 pm

EchoBase wrote:So cast and crew are heading south, filming in Malin Head is finished:

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/irish-sunshine-holds-up-star-wars-shoot-as-crew-due-to-arrive-in-cork-399674.html
@EchoBase

Mark Hamill, who plays Luke Skywalker, Daisy Ridley, who plays Rey, and Adam Driver, who plays Kylo Ryan, will shoot key scenes, understood to include Rey undergoing Jedi training, in and around Brow Head in West Cork until Wednesday.

Razz I think that might be better than 'Kyle Ron'
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Sun 15 May 2016, 8:23 pm

BastilaBey wrote:
EchoBase wrote:So cast and crew are heading south, filming in Malin Head is finished:

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/irish-sunshine-holds-up-star-wars-shoot-as-crew-due-to-arrive-in-cork-399674.html
@EchoBase

Mark Hamill, who plays Luke Skywalker, Daisy Ridley, who plays Rey, and Adam Driver, who plays Kylo Ryan, will shoot key scenes, understood to include Rey undergoing Jedi training, in and around Brow Head in West Cork until Wednesday.

@BastilaBey

God, i didn't notice that! lol!
Maybe he will get a new name after leaving the KOR Razz
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 May 2016, 8:26 pm

Poor Kylo, they never get his name right. Sad

There was a debate here in the House of Commons recently about matters relating to autism and one MP said that when she watched The Force Awakens, she thought the character Rylo Ken had autistic traits... Rolling Eyes As an autistic person, I didn't agree with her assessment, but it was her messing up his name that really ground my gears!

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sun 15 May 2016, 8:27 pm

BastilaBey wrote:

@EchoBase

@BastilaBey
KYLO RYAN

Poor Adam. Nobody gets his character's name right.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Sun 15 May 2016, 8:28 pm

vaderito wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
vaderito wrote:OH My Gooood. I can't believe someone gave kids who can't hold a camera to spy on Rey. You can briefly see her here, on the set, can someone make a screen cap so we can analyse what she's wearing, hair, etc?

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/status/731967910193811456/video/1
@vaderito
Those kids are so cute. Adorable Irish accents.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 3 - Page 20 MqHDlYV
#QualityPicture

So her hair is definitely still up. I would say they're filming scenes from earlier on in the film. Also this means there will likely be a scene of her "letting her hair down" in some fashion. The movie isn't just going to start with her hair down or lead into it casually, it'll probably be important because that hair style does in a way represent an attachment to her old life on Jakku. It's going to be a major turning point in her arc in this film IMO.

She seems to be wearing her grey arm bands and the grey tunic.
@FrolickingFizzgig

THANK YOU! That's why I wanted a cap. Hair is still up. So looks like earlier scenes, something after the stare-off.
@vaderito

Are you sure the hair is still up? It looked wilder to me.  Like the humidity got to it, but it's down.  Of course, it's hard to see.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Sun 15 May 2016, 8:28 pm

Even Mark pronounces it 'Kilo Ren'. Hopefully Luke doesn't actually do that in the movie, lol
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sun 15 May 2016, 8:29 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
vaderito wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
vaderito wrote:OH My Gooood. I can't believe someone gave kids who can't hold a camera to spy on Rey. You can briefly see her here, on the set, can someone make a screen cap so we can analyse what she's wearing, hair, etc?

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/status/731967910193811456/video/1
@vaderito
Those kids are so cute. Adorable Irish accents.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 3 - Page 20 MqHDlYV
#QualityPicture

So her hair is definitely still up. I would say they're filming scenes from earlier on in the film. Also this means there will likely be a scene of her "letting her hair down" in some fashion. The movie isn't just going to start with her hair down or lead into it casually, it'll probably be important because that hair style does in a way represent an attachment to her old life on Jakku. It's going to be a major turning point in her arc in this film IMO.

She seems to be wearing her grey arm bands and the grey tunic.
@FrolickingFizzgig

THANK YOU! That's why I wanted a cap. Hair is still up. So looks like earlier scenes, something after the stare-off.
@vaderito

Are you sure the hair is still up? It looked wilder to me.  Like the humidity got to it, but it's down.  Of course, it's hard to see.
@SoloSideCousin
I'm positive it's up. Check back on the previous page. There are other pictures. Smile
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Sun 15 May 2016, 8:29 pm

EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sun 15 May 2016, 8:32 pm

EchoBase wrote:http://makingstarwars.net/2016/05/new-photos-of-the-falcon-rey-in-costume-and-more-from-malin-head-star-wars-episode-viii-shoot/

Somehow we were quicker Wink. But there should have been a Wookie sighting.
@EchoBase
I totally forgot that Rey went to Ahch-To with Chewie! I guess he'll be along for the adventure too! You can never have too much of that.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sun 15 May 2016, 8:34 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
EchoBase wrote:http://makingstarwars.net/2016/05/new-photos-of-the-falcon-rey-in-costume-and-more-from-malin-head-star-wars-episode-viii-shoot/

@EchoBase
I totally forgot that Rey went to Ahch-To with Chewie! I guess he'll be along for the adventure too! You can never have too much of that.
@FrolickingFizzgig

The Chewie-Kylo Ren reunion should be...interesting.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 15 May 2016, 8:37 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
snufkin wrote:RE: hair being let down, credit goes to @rogue rey

@snufkin
ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 3 - Page 20 Tumblr_mdauzeN8Rg1ry10fwo1_500

Congrats @Rogue Rey!

That is of course if the MSW rumour is indeed true. They're reliable so I see no reason to believe it isn't.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Talk about an appropriate gif! Heh, yes the letting her hair down trope in regards to the PT and OT is what prompted some jokes about "maybe they'll run off to Space Las Vegas to get married by an Elvis impersonator" and "hopefully there's a Planned Parenthood close to Luke's secret Jedi planet."
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Sun 15 May 2016, 8:38 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:

@EchoBase
@FrolickingFizzgig

The Chewie-Kylo Ren reunion should be...interesting.
@ISeeAnIsland

You took the words right out of my mouth. :-)

@FrolickingFizzgig: Thanks! I see the little bun on the top of her head now.  

That setting is absolutely gorgeous.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sun 15 May 2016, 9:12 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@IoJovi

@ISeeAnIsland
Guys, nobody said Rey was going to cut her hair. I compared the tropes and gave examples, but it's different for every character and every story because all characters have different journeys to experience. If a character has her hair up she'll often let it down. If it's long she'll often cut it. Just the way the trope works. They happen to symbolize something similar, a heroine letting go of something from her past (be it a literal past or a part of her own characterization) in order to move forward.
@FrolickingFizzgig

For clarification, I know you didn't say she would cut her hair. The trope guide that was posted showed hair cutting as well, and that's what I was responding to. Smile
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneNeville Sun 15 May 2016, 10:32 pm

@EchoBase

Nah, that suggests to me that he is filming more tomorrow so he couldn't hang out later at the pub.
AnneNeville
AnneNeville
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next