Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 4

+47
Gemini
Little_Boots
Birdwoman
Reylo Lemon
Rimfaxe96
AnneNeville
Darth_Awakened
Darth Dingbat
vaderito
Kessel
BastilaBey
BenRey
teltaru
MissG
CienaRee
Blackcanary
Rogue Rey
FrolickingFizzgig
Reynak
SoloSideCousin
EchoBase
panki
Mana
Darth Dementor
Sylvia Snow
Krafty
Irina de France
ladyconsular
Saracene
AnnLouise
Kyla Ren
MoonlitMoss
Lily Snape
Moonjump05
Search Your Feelings
Lily
nonesuch
Forsythia
SanghaRen
Kylo Ren
ReyofLightSide
MeadowofAshes
Socialnole
IoJovi
snufkin
MyOnlyHope
Force22
51 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 4 Empty ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 4

Post by vaderito Wed 18 May 2016, 4:12 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:This part of the spoilers though:

"From what I have heard a few times, Rey is reluctant, if not angry at Luke Skywalker because she has to kill Kylo Ren and she doesn’t want to do it. "

10/10 Rian Johnson. 10/10.
@FrolickingFizzgig

And they'll be in wet shirts.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 4 Giphy
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 4 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 4

Post by Gemini Wed 18 May 2016, 4:14 pm

EchoBase wrote:
Gemini wrote:Its so similar to the Spike Buffy dynamic. As the writer of Buffy said, its either going to end with them killing each other or f****ing each other,

even though Spike and Buffy fought there was attraction there, hatred turned to attraction and then love.

With Ren and Rey, the fighting has to stop at some point..its either going to be death or love which stops it.

what allows there to be love as an option? Its the attraction which is there.
@Gemini

Yeah, I remember in Season 6, where Spike finds out that he is able to kill her and he goes after her and you know how that ended  Twisted Evil

I see similarities as well Wink.
@EchoBase

Oh yes we all remember how that ended. He loved her, became her b**** and when he found out he could kill again he was going to kill her, she was going to kill him and it ended with them f****ing for the first time and bringing an entire building crashing down around them with an epic score.

Suspense is the best method of storytelling, making you think its going one way the BAM other direction... What a Face Its memorable, its epic and its unexpected, its fantastic and engaging storytelling not predictable like Finnrey or Reywalker....its a shock, its scary is he going to kill her? Of course he's not going to, he's going to break. Without Rey there would be no story. This is called a hook folks, nothing more nothing less, the audience is going to be HOOKED

Im happy with these spoilers because this is how I always envisioned it happening he goes there to kill her, but IMO he wont be able to do it.

We have been good with our predictions in the Ren Rey fandom..more and more of our logical theories are correct and all the headcanon like Reywalker and Finnrey have spectacularly been destroyed..we were right on many things.

Last edited by Gemini on Wed 18 May 2016, 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 4 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 4

Post by Mana Wed 18 May 2016, 4:16 pm

"From what I have heard a few times, Rey is reluctant, if not angry at Luke Skywalker because she has to kill Kylo Ren and she doesn’t want to do it. "

@FrolickingFizzgig

SOMEONE GIVE RIAN JOHNSON A MEDAL

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 4 Gold-Medal-51396
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 18 May 2016, 4:17 pm

Gemini wrote:
EchoBase wrote:
Gemini wrote:Its so similar to the Spike Buffy dynamic. As the writer of Buffy said, its either going to end with them killing each other or f****ing each other,

even though Spike and Buffy fought there was attraction there, hatred turned to attraction and then love.

With Ren and Rey, the fighting has to stop at some point..its either going to be death or love which stops it.

what allows there to be love as an option? Its the attraction which is there.
@Gemini

Yeah, I remember in Season 6, where Spike finds out that he is able to kill her and he goes after her and you know how that ended  Twisted Evil

I see similarities as well Wink.
@EchoBase

Oh yes we all remember how that ended they he was going to kill her, she was going to kill him and it ended..with them f****ing for the first time and bringing an entire building crashing down

LOL, I read that part without reading the post above and thought "but they brought SKB crashing down, not just a building!" Laughing Laughing Laughing

Just shows how much Reylo are like Spuffy cause I honestly thought you were talking about Reylo.

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Wed 18 May 2016, 4:18 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig

Look, I fully respect your opinion but Rian has no right to kill Luke's character. That's not our Luke About to C
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Wed 18 May 2016, 4:18 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig

Yep, there will be character development!!! Yay! Smile
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Wed 18 May 2016, 4:20 pm

Remember that really early spoiler which has them fighting, theres a sense of attraction between them, Ren gets the better of Rey and instead of killing her asks her to join him again and this time you dont know the outcome of that question?

Well that may be where she disappears from in battle folks..

Never dismiss the earliest spolers/rumors..they tend to be gold

Last edited by Gemini on Wed 18 May 2016, 4:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Wed 18 May 2016, 4:21 pm

Maria Antonietta wrote:

@FrolickingFizzgig

Look, I fully respect your opinion but Rian has no right to kill Luke's character. That's not our Luke About to C
@Maria Antonietta
That was not Luke 30 years ago. Huge things happened involving his nephew. It was so bad that he exiled himself to a remote island for 6 years. There is a story here about Luke and his development as much as there is about Kylo. "Killing" Luke's character is a bit of a stretch. In order for there to be conflict and drama the happy ending had to be torn apart, and Kylo was the tool used to do that. The story has not been told, so don't get ahead of yourself.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Wed 18 May 2016, 4:23 pm

Kessel89 wrote:

@FrolickingFizzgig

@Kessel89

BUT NO! There must be no character development! Rey must remain stagnant and want to kill Ren..didnt you know that? Pshh this is abusive this relationship is sooo abusive she will murder Ren.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Wed 18 May 2016, 4:25 pm

Gemini wrote:
Kessel89 wrote:

@FrolickingFizzgig

@Kessel89

BUT NO! there must be no character development! rey must remain stagnent and want to kill Ren..didnt you know that? Pshh this is abusive this relationship is sooo abusive she will murder Ren.
@Gemini

lol! lol! lol!
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Wed 18 May 2016, 4:25 pm

Yes, this has to be about Rey and Kylo...If Luke still believes in his nephew, then he'll be the one who will affect his development the most, and that's not going to happen since he's now a supporting character. So its all on Rey as the main character....
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Wed 18 May 2016, 4:26 pm

Isn't part of yin and yang that they chase after each other? If Rey's feelings have evolved more than Kylo's, could this perhaps be a switch to where she "chases" him (after he chased her in TFA)?
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 18 May 2016, 4:29 pm

Fashion analysing time!

MSW

The Rey costume is pretty much the same as what she’s wearing at the end of The Force Awakens, just without the vest. The shirt she has on underneath is like a white tunic, sort of a feminine version of the classic Luke Skywalker shirt from A New Hope. She still has her gun. Her hair is wild and flowing (i.e. she wears it loose).

Luke’s costume is like Count Dooku meets Luke from Return of the Jedi. He almost looks like a “homeless man”, and seems kind of haggard. It’s a darker outfit than we saw him in at the end of The Force Awakens.

They both look as if they have been wherever they are for a little while, and wherever they have been “does not have dry cleaning”.

https://ohtze.tumblr.com/post/143021692268/rey-lukes-costumes-in-episode-viii-or-the-hair

MSW

Rey’s hair is pulled back. She doesn’t have the vest from VII on.
Luke and Rey are wearing the costumes we described before.

Kylo does not wear the mask here.
Kylo has the same cross guard saber as he did in VII.
Kylo’s costume looked the same as in VII.

http://makingstarwars.net/2016/05/star-wars-episode-viii-the-knights-of-ren/

So when does Rey let her hair loose? before or after? In the hut?

Last edited by vaderito on Wed 18 May 2016, 4:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Wed 18 May 2016, 4:29 pm

Mana wrote:Yes, this has to be about Rey and Kylo...If Luke still believes in his nephew, then he'll be the one who will affect his development the most, and that's not going to happen since he's now a supporting character. So its all on Rey as the main character....
@Mana
The fact that the filmmakers' separated Rey/Kylo from the rest of the fighters again is just so telling to me. They're always alone in their big confrontations. Rey is Kylo's designated villain, her obstacle to overcome. She is being urged to overcome him by killing him, but that will not be what inevitably occurs. Basic storytelling. It makes sense, it fits, it rhymes.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Wed 18 May 2016, 4:30 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
Mana wrote:Yes, this has to be about Rey and Kylo...If Luke still believes in his nephew, then he'll be the one who will affect his development the most, and that's not going to happen since he's now a supporting character. So its all on Rey as the main character....
@Mana
The fact that the filmmakers' separated Rey/Kylo from the rest of the fighters again is just so telling to me. They're always alone in their big confrontations. Rey is Kylo's designated villain, her obstacle to overcome. She is being urged to overcome him by killing him, but that will not be what inevitably occurs. Basic storytelling. It makes sense, it fits, it rhymes.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Most likely mirrored with Ren..Snoke wants Ren to kill her to overcome his pull to the light.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 18 May 2016, 4:31 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
@Mana
@FrolickingFizzgig

Ok, can you figure out when the Hutslaying occurs, before or after this?

@Gemini His challenge is likely to kill her, and her challenge is likely to kill him. So we get the classic trope where students at some point rebel against their teachers and run away together or team up or whatever.

Last edited by vaderito on Wed 18 May 2016, 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Wed 18 May 2016, 4:32 pm

Gemini wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
@Mana
@FrolickingFizzgig

Most likely mirrored with Ren..Snoke wants Ren to kill her.
@Gemini
Oh, absolutely. This is coming together exactly as I have foreseen. Okay, I'm sure I'll be wrong about a lot, but I've been right about just about everything so far xD

@Vaderito
She'll definitely let it down after the Knights of Ren scene, and I bet it'll be down for most of the movie. When specifically? Under what circumstances? Can't say.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Wed 18 May 2016, 4:32 pm

vaderito wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
@Mana
@FrolickingFizzgig

@vaderito

It has to be after..Ren has built up a lot of rage, hes been away from her for a while which makes it easier to distance himself from her emotionally, this would explain his raw desire to try and kill her upon first seeing her again...it can only dissolve from that moment (when he meets her again) onwards...because thats what happens when Rey is around him..he gets pulled to the light.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 18 May 2016, 4:33 pm

Gemini wrote:

It has to be after..Ren has built up a lot of rage, hes been away from her for a while which makes it easier to distance himself from her emotionally, this would explain his raw desire to try and kill her upon first seeing her again...it can only dissolve from that moment.
@Gemini

When he sees her with her hair down. Twisted Evil

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Wed 18 May 2016, 4:33 pm

@frolickingfizzgig

I feel like the Emperor sums up our forum pretty well

BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Wed 18 May 2016, 4:34 pm

Well, the hutslaying occurs because Rey and Kylo have a conversation that Luke 'doesn't like' most likely after their duel, when the Knights Of Ren ae all dead....
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Wed 18 May 2016, 4:34 pm

BastilaBey wrote:@frolickingfizzgig

@BastilaBey

Every time I see this damn thing I crack the hell up

ITS SO TRUE

Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Wed 18 May 2016, 4:35 pm

Gemini wrote:
vaderito wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
@Mana
@FrolickingFizzgig

@vaderito

It has to be after..Ren has built up a lot of rage, hes been away from her for a while which makes it easier to distance himself from her emotionally, this would explain his raw desire to try and kill her upon first seeing her again...it can only dissolve from that moment.
@Gemini
I agree. No logic in him wanting revenge for the "disgracing" him after having a conversation with her lol. Hut scene almost definitely happens after KoR scene.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 18 May 2016, 4:35 pm

BastilaBey wrote:@frolickingfizzgig

@BastilaBey

I especially like Ha,ha,ha. That's how I feel about RainForcebackisFuture vindication. How are Reywalkers holding?

@Gemini @FrolickingFizzgig Agreed. that's it. When that #I'mGoingKillHer moment passes, than we get #I'mBeginningToLikeHer moment.

Like father like son. Twisted Evil

Last edited by vaderito on Wed 18 May 2016, 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Wed 18 May 2016, 4:37 pm

@vaderito Reywalkers? Surely they don't exist anymore? Good lord. She finds her long lost father and the first thing he does is ask her to kill off her cousin? Yeah. Right.

BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next