Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Snoke in Episodes VIII

+48
Saracene
rawpowah
californiagirl
nickandnora
DeeBee
Irina de France
lauvamp
Geralt_Riv
MrsWindu
Forsythia
Darth_marshmallow
Hasi
reylo1992
ZioRen
Piper Maru
Armadeus
Darth_Awakened
Darth Dementor
Slade
Macha Ren
spacebaby45678
Darth Rowan
Rogue Rey
snufkin
ReyofLightSide
ISeeAnIsland
Mana
FrolickingFizzgig
MoonlitMoss
vaderito
Kessel
Kylo Ren
SanghaRen
Helix
Little_Boots
guardienne
Sylvia Snow
CienaRee
creepi0
Rimfaxe96
Jozie
Darth Dingbat
EchoBase
panki
SoloSideCousin
Rei of Sunshine
nonesuch
Reylo Lemon
52 posters

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Snoke in Episodes VIII - Page 7 Empty Re: Snoke in Episodes VIII

Post by Reylo Lemon Wed 10 Aug 2016, 4:06 am

panki wrote:Just found a weapon that sounds like the sort of thing Snoke would use- the Darkstaff. It is found in an EU SW RPG game involving a special tree and a hidden jedi artifact. Twisted Evil

Snoke in Episodes VIII - Page 7 Img-1418639013

The darkstaff is an ancient sith artifact that absorbs the life essences of people (unless the person sacrifices themselves with love- Han?), absorbs force energy from artifacts, destroys planets and systems, controls minds and turns living thing into mutants.... it can also teleport to other locations (maybe it helps Snoke remain on the move). It is immune to lightsaber and force power related attacks as well.... sounds like the type of weapon a super villain would use.
@panki

If Snoke has these cool superpowers, how can they destroy him?
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Wed 10 Aug 2016, 4:15 am

Maria Antonietta wrote:
panki wrote:Just found a weapon that sounds like the sort of thing Snoke would use- the Darkstaff. It is found in an EU SW RPG game involving a special tree and a hidden jedi artifact. Twisted Evil

The darkstaff is an ancient sith artifact that absorbs the life essences of people (unless the person sacrifices themselves with love- Han?), absorbs force energy from artifacts, destroys planets and systems, controls minds and turns living thing into mutants.... it can also teleport to other locations (maybe it helps Snoke remain on the move). It is immune to lightsaber and force power related attacks as well.... sounds like the type of weapon a super villain would use.
@panki

@Maria Antonietta

The darkstaff can be destroyed if someone channels a huge amount of the light side of the force into it, voluntarily sacrificing themselves. In the game, the person vanishes, leaving a pile of clothes like Obi-wan did in ANH- if I am right, Luke might do this in Episode IX and re-appear as a force ghost.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Wed 10 Aug 2016, 4:55 am

panki wrote:
Maria Antonietta wrote:

@panki

@Maria Antonietta

The darkstaff can be destroyed if someone channels a huge amount of the light side of the force into it, voluntarily sacrificing themselves. In the game, the person vanishes, leaving a pile of clothes like Obi-wan did in ANH- if I am right, Luke might do this in Episode IX and re-appear as a force ghost.
@panki

Maybe sacrificing Luke would be too much, we'll see Very Happy
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Wed 10 Aug 2016, 4:59 am

Maria Antonietta wrote:
panki wrote:
Maria Antonietta wrote:

@panki

@Maria Antonietta

@panki

@Maria Antonietta

Why would it be too much? It would be a hero's death and something that will move the audience- just like Han's death.
I think only Leia has a chance to survive since she needs to reconcile with her son. But we shall see.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Wed 10 Aug 2016, 5:02 am

panki wrote:
Maria Antonietta wrote:
panki wrote:
Maria Antonietta wrote:

@panki

@Maria Antonietta

@panki

@Maria Antonietta

Why would it be too much? It would be a hero's death and something that will move the audience- just like Han's death.
I think only Leia has a chance to survive since she needs to reconcile with her son. But we shall see.
@panki

I'm not ruling out the possibility Wink
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Wed 10 Aug 2016, 5:35 am

Maria Antonietta wrote:
panki wrote:
Maria Antonietta wrote:
panki wrote:
Maria Antonietta wrote:

@panki

@Maria Antonietta

@panki

@Maria Antonietta

@panki

I'm not ruling out the possibility Wink
@Maria Antonietta

Nor am I. (unless proof emerges to the contrary)

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Wed 10 Aug 2016, 5:47 am

@panki

Snoke in Episodes VIII - Page 7 C9wTs9ziwxjtAeEZMXDPtjRtRRQul5RK_oN2lFNZdxCRj5QsBJyMuPkQOwRZTx5KAPL5WJnkhwVZ0PRFtR5X_nWvcitcyJB2kIFaiedrqTemfXryzWEFm6Gcb-o30KA3CfSVqXF4fdtjwQ=w426-h292-p

Maybe Luke is either searching for or guarding a powerful jedi relic hidden somewhere near this old tree? The tree in the RPG game is also a sacred tree....so it could be relevant considering the recurring theme of sacred trees in recent canon.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sat 27 Aug 2016, 3:46 pm

Bumping this up because we've been having an interesting conversation about Snoke in the Life Debt thread, and I know that not everyone has or will read Life Debt. I think that we may have figured out an answer to one of the plot questions about Snoke.

There have been the bits from JJ, Adam, lines cut from the script, etc, that have insinuated that Ben basically had a target on his back from the very beginning, and that Snoke has been watching him since the beginning. We've pondered if Snoke was someone in Leia's or Luke's inner circle or something and also, how he would have known that Ben was Vader's grandson.

In Life Debt, there's a character named Gallius Rax who has a LOT of parallels with Snoke. There is a theory that Rax = Snoke, and I'm not sure that I believe that (I can't see them introducing Snoke's origins in a book before anyone knows who/what he really is). I do, however, strongly suspect that there is some close connection between Rax and Snoke. On top of that, Rax was a protege of Palpatine's.

As Life Debt ends, it appears that all of the action is moving towards Jakku (that's where Rax is). Leia is also VERY pregnant at this point. I would expect that she and Rax will cross paths at some point in the upcoming Empire's End.

We're thinking that it stands to reason that since Palpatine knew that Luke and Leia were Vader's kids, it would stand to reason that Rax would know. And if we're correct about there being a Snoke-Rax connection, then Snoke would know that any baby that Leia was pregnant with would be Vader's grandkid. So, that's probably how Snoke knew about Ben and was watching him from the beginning...
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 27 Aug 2016, 4:10 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:Bumping this up because we've been having an interesting conversation about Snoke in the Life Debt thread, and I know that not everyone has or will read Life Debt. I think that we may have figured out an answer to one of the plot questions about Snoke.

There have been the bits from JJ, Adam, lines cut from the script, etc, that have insinuated that Ben basically had a target on his back from the very beginning, and that Snoke has been watching him since the beginning. We've pondered if Snoke was someone in Leia's or Luke's inner circle or something and also, how he would have known that Ben was Vader's grandson.

In Life Debt, there's a character named Gallius Rax who has a LOT of parallels with Snoke. There is a theory that Rax = Snoke, and I'm not sure that I believe that (I can't see them introducing Snoke's origins in a book before anyone knows who/what he really is). I do, however, strongly suspect that there is some close connection between Rax and Snoke. On top of that, Rax was a protege of Palpatine's.

As Life Debt ends, it appears that all of the action is moving towards Jakku (that's where Rax is). Leia is also VERY pregnant at this point. I would expect that she and Rax will cross paths at some point in the upcoming Empire's End.

We're thinking that it stands to reason that since Palpatine knew that Luke and Leia were Vader's kids, it would stand to reason that Rax would know. And if we're correct about there being a Snoke-Rax connection, then Snoke would know that any baby that Leia was pregnant with would be Vader's grandkid. So, that's probably how Snoke knew about Ben and was watching him from the beginning...
@ISeeAnIsland

IMO, the key to Snoke is whatever Rax excavated for Palpatine. Sloane said/thought several times that Rax felt like a hologram as in someone speaking through him or something. So we have palpatine ordering secretly guarded excavations whose full content we don't know yet. We only know that it has something to do with finding the source of the dark side.

Darth Sidious believed that the source of his dark side power was "the universe beyond the edges of our maps."

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_side_of_the_Force

So something is up and leads to Snoke, I think.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Sat 27 Aug 2016, 4:38 pm

While I am not 100% sold out that Rax=Snoke (I must admit that there are  many pieces that fit in the theory),
I am pretty sure (after finally red Bloodline) that only Palpatine could provide the information on the identity of Ben Solo as Vader s grandson.

Bloodline spoiler:
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sat 27 Aug 2016, 4:53 pm

Darth_Awakened wrote:While I am not 100% sold out that Rax=Snoke (I must admit that there are  many pieces that fit in the theory),
I am pretty sure (after finally red Bloodline) that only Palpatine could provide the information on the identity of Ben Solo as Vader s grandson.

Bloodline spoiler:
@Darth_Awakened

Yup, I agree, and it all fits.

I am intrigued by the idea that Snoke could be speaking through Rax in some way. And perhaps that has to do with whatever Palpatine had Rax guarding/excavating.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 31 Aug 2016, 8:18 am

I just realized something. Kylo is much stronger in the Force than Snoke at least in one aspect - they both felt the awakening but only Kylo identified the awakening as a girl. Snoke felt it in general but Kylo was able to pin it down to a person. moreover, awakening didn't interest Snoke much cause his plan to get the map didn't change, while Kylo immediately became interested in finding the girl rather than the droid.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Wed 31 Aug 2016, 8:39 am

vaderito wrote:I just realized something. Kylo is much stronger in the Force than Snoke at least in one aspect - they both felt the awakening but only Kylo identified the awakening as a girl. Snoke felt it in general but Kylo was able to pin it down to a person. moreover, awakening didn't interest Snoke much cause his plan to get the map didn't change, while Kylo immediately became interested in finding the girl rather than the droid.
@vaderito

yeah, but Kylo didn't realize the awakening was a girl until he had met the girl in person and she had demonstrated her force sensitivity...so Snoke couldn't have known it meant Rey....Kylo's initial interest in the 'girl' was because she had the map
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 31 Aug 2016, 8:48 am

Mana wrote:

yeah, but Kylo didn't realize the awakening was a girl until he had met the girl in person and she had demonstrated her force sensitivity...so Snoke couldn't have known it meant Rey....Kylo's initial interest in the 'girl' was because she had the map
@Mana

I think that he put 2 and 2 together that the map wouldn't lead to a random girl. I think he suspected her to be the Awakening cause Finn obviously wasn't.

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus Thu 01 Sep 2016, 9:55 pm

This engraving of Satan presiding at the Infernal Council from Paradise Lost reminded me of Snoke's chamber in TFA :

Snoke in Episodes VIII - Page 7 Martin%2C_John_-_Satan_presiding_at_the_Infernal_Council_-_1824
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://www.fictionpress.com/u/564105/

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Fri 02 Sep 2016, 12:21 am

Armadeus wrote:This engraving of Satan presiding at the Infernal Council from Paradise Lost reminded me of Snoke's chamber in TFA :

Snoke in Episodes VIII - Page 7 Martin%2C_John_-_Satan_presiding_at_the_Infernal_Council_-_1824
@Armadeus

That's up there with your Kylo=Strelnikov observation. And Hell of a print (book engraving?) - literally!
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus Fri 02 Sep 2016, 1:08 am

snufkin wrote:
Armadeus wrote:This engraving of Satan presiding at the Infernal Council from Paradise Lost reminded me of Snoke's chamber in TFA :

@Armadeus

That's up there with your Kylo=Strelnikov observation. And Hell of a print (book engraving?) - literally!
@snufkin

Abrams mentioned how they designed Snoke with the idea that he was once handsome/beautiful before the dark side of the Force twisted him into the form we see in TFA.

Sounds a lot like Milton's Satan...

Yes, it's an engraving by John Martin, done in the early 1800s. Not as popular as Blake's engravings, from what I've seen, but every bit as magnificent.
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Fri 02 Sep 2016, 1:21 am

Armadeus wrote:
snufkin wrote:

@Armadeus

@snufkin

Abrams mentioned how they designed Snoke with the idea that he was once handsome/beautiful before the dark side of the Force twisted him into the form we see in TFA.

Sounds a lot like Milton's Satan...

Yes, it's an engraving by John Martin, done in the early 1800s. Not as popular as Blake's engravings, from what I've seen, but every bit as magnificent.
@Armadeus

Awesome detail about Snoke's disfigurement. I swear weren't Blake's engravings used in Michael Mann's Manhunter for the Tooth Fairy's crazy visions?
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus Fri 02 Sep 2016, 1:33 am

@snufkin

Yes they were. In Manhunter, Dolarhyde's tattoo is Blake's 'The Great Red Dragon and the Woman Clothed with the Sun' painting.

In Red Dragon it's 'The Great Red Dragon and the Woman Clothed in the Sun', which is the version that's described in the novel.

It gets confusing... even I have to double check the names online, just so I'm sure which one is being discussed Razz
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Fri 02 Sep 2016, 11:13 am

Armadeus wrote:@snufkin

Yes they were. In Manhunter, Dolarhyde's tattoo is Blake's 'The Great Red Dragon and the Woman Clothed with the Sun' painting.

In Red Dragon it's 'The Great Red Dragon and the Woman Clothed in the Sun', which is the version that's described in the novel.

It gets confusing... even I have to double check the names online, just so I'm sure which one is being discussed Razz
@Armadeus

Shhhh, we will not speak of the heresy that is Brett Ratner's attempt to his own version of a Mann classic.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 02 Sep 2016, 11:40 am

@Armadeus

Snoke in Episodes VIII - Page 7 Star-Wars-7-Snoke-Kylo-Ren

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus Fri 02 Sep 2016, 12:12 pm

@vaderito

WAAAY too similar to be a coincidence, is it?

Has anyone explained what that room is? Like is it an actual council chamber?
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 02 Sep 2016, 12:13 pm

@Armadeus No clue but it's ridiculously big for just Skyping 1-2 men.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by creepi0 Fri 02 Sep 2016, 1:06 pm

Armadeus wrote:@vaderito

WAAAY too similar to be a coincidence, is it?

Has anyone explained what that room is? Like is it an actual council chamber?
@Armadeus
This image is from early concept art of Snoke with white robe inside his chamber
Snoke in Episodes VIII - Page 7 Snoke_10
Snoke in Episodes VIII - Page 7 Snoke_11

If i remember correctly it suppose to mirror republic senate chamber in PT

Last edited by creepi0 on Fri 02 Sep 2016, 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
creepi0
creepi0
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Fri 02 Sep 2016, 1:07 pm

I don't know where to place this question that just popped in my mind. Maybe it's been discussed some place else already and I missed it.

I am watching the second season of Star Wars Rebels in French - I could not get it in English, I hate dubbing but I was fed up of waiting. I know Snoke is not a Sith lord but do you think that he uses inquisitors? Could BDT be an inquisitor working for Snoke? Actually could Snoke be a former inquisitor of Darth Vader? He does look as scary as the ones in Rebels. But maybe they all got killed or died of natural causes.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next